A busy schedule - Chyril 27th - TT - Open

Moderator: Mods

Callara
Civus

A busy schedule - Chyril 27th - TT - Open

Post by Callara »

Chyril 27th - Tradetide
The Upper City

Callara had left Ushuaia's house after a morningtide of training. She had not spoken of the events of the past day, and her exercises had been fraught with thoughts straying in and out of her mind. There was a lot to do. The Parrot Day had been madness so she had stayed near the palace for the better part of the day. All that blood coarsing through the city with anticipation and joy was still a bit much for her senses to handle. Her focus was to get that under control and she had decided to go into the city today after her training to take care of a few matters that required her attention.

The stack of matters that required her attention was growing steadily. She had the Roques she still needed to "persuade" to aid her. No set plan had formed in her mind as to how that would be achieved, but the first part would undoubtedly be talking to their commander and seeing how he would react to her kind of persuasion. She had chatted a bit with the guards at the palace to find out where he would be today.
Then there was the matter of stopping the real caretaker from getting to the palace. With the help of the Roques that should be less of a problem.
She wasn't going to run the palace all by herself, she'd need some help. Later today she'd go to some inn and find people to do the work while she practiced her skills.

And then there was the newly added business of finding the seven targets for her mayhem scheme. Killing the child and the people around the parrot would sow unrest if executed properly. And if her plans for the Roques worked out then the city would soon be open to hostile takeover. During her time living with her uncle she had found out that the city was leaderless, with the council in shambles, nobles bickering over lost chairs.

So, with a military force on hand and enough afraid and disgruntled people to back a coup, she would be able to take over the city and cleanse the presence of all those who would oppose her.

These thoughts pervaded her mind, fueled by the blood which most likely took very well to the senseless slaughter involved in the ploy. Callara wasn't foolish enough however to think she'd clear this by herself, influence was key and she had none at this time, save for some over the guards at her gate. That is why she went seeking out the commander of the Roque guards. He would be very helpful surely. With enough time and patience, it would come to pass.

"First things first however..."
Last edited by Callara on Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You underestimate the Power of the Dark Side" - Darth Vader

Callara's Compendium

Avatar drawn and edited by me, tweaked by QC.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

The weather was holding, rain postponed as the sun broke through the clouds around early tradetide. It showed as people smiled, walking along the streets and going about their business. The parrot parade had made the usual impact, which seemed to be a positive one.

Finding the commanding officer was slightly trickier though, because his main office was in fact empty, save the two Roques standing guard.

"Ma'am?" The left man queried. "You were looking for commander Markham?"
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

A sigh escaped the young woman's lips as she stood yet again faced with empty hands. The blood started to churn within as frustration over the simplicity of her request had been too much for the world to comply to.

"Gods, the man can't even be in his bloody office..."

At that flicker one of the guards addressed her. She felt good mind to draw some blood but realised that would not serve any purpose. Instead she kept up the appearance of a studious and civilised patron of the city and turned to the man which seemed inclined to help.

And if not she would make him so...

"That seems to be rather the point of my visit indeed." She said, barely containing her anger. The city was not her favorite place to be and the blood around her made it hard to focus on keeping her own personality prevalent over the blood. "Yet it appears he is not here. Might you be able to tell me where I could find him? I asked some of your colleagues earlier and they directed me here."

Callara's Compendium

Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

The Roque grinned at the lovely lady, completely unaware of her seething anger. He only saw a spirited lass. "Well, ma'am, that's easy to explain. My companions were not here when he left, I was. So of course they would direct you here. I can tell you however, that he went off duty to an appointment in the Goose and Gander. You can always try to catch him there?"

He made a short little bow, not wanting to seem impolite after his grin at her predicament.

ooc
feel free to step into that thread with Matthew :) or not...allll up to you.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

"Hrm..."

Callara mustered up a polite but undeep bow at the guard who had given her directions. "I see. My thanks for your help. I shall try there then to see if he has some time for me aswell."

She turned briskly and directed her pace towards the inn which was not that far removed if memory served her. The past few days she had avoided inns and other crowded places. They kept turning out to be the places she needed to be though, since for some odd reason people did not tend to conduct business out by themselves.

She grinned.

In her head she contemplated what she was going to request. She had mulled it over several times already, aswell as how much blood she might need to spill in order to get it done. The guards would be allies in her fight. Starting at the top might present opportunity if the commander was susceptible to her influence and ideas. If not then it would be a great danger. It would require some measure of time to see if she could use the commander for her purpose. This other appointment the man had might be just the kind of opportunity she needed to gauge the man's demeanor and interests in the greater scheme of things.

She looked down at her hands. Her left hand was punctured and cut from the wielding of the blade. She had tried to heal herself as well as could be through magic and regular methods. Each time she used the blood, her own magic became so much more powerful. Also that much more volatile. "There must be a better way." She muttered under her cowl as she walked over to the inn.

A thousand thoughts rummaged through the young woman's mind.

The blood observed, coloring her motives.

Callara's Compendium

Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

locked and archived, no skills awarded
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt Archive”