New Faces, Places (Chyril 27, late TT)

Moderator: Mods

Ly Binh Hue
Civus

New Faces, Places (Chyril 27, late TT)

Post by Ly Binh Hue »

It was nearing a mark since Hue had agreed to bring the strange foreigners to meet the Dragon Empress. Elvira had been privy to most of Hue's teachings, since she had begun in the market and conversed all the way to the ship where her companions were waiting. Having chosen for them more suitable clothing (Hue had recommended simple black robes, but of course Elvira had been able to choose what she wished), Hue now looked over the foreigners, whom she had gathered into her small apartment at the monastery, which was exceedingly clean and free of clutter.

She had taught them as much as she could in such a short period of time. After witnessing Elvira's amusing, yet somewhat ridiculous bow in the marketplace, Hue had taught them how to bow "normally" for the empire: hands palm together at one's chest, bending at the hips, with the head respectfully low for nobility. She had also told them how to recognize nobility, by their fancier clothing and the way they hold themselves. Finally, she'd taught them that chaoo is to greet, Hoang Ba Long is Dragon Empress, and how to say "I don't speak Noi Long" in her language. Hopefully, that would help them a bit.

Hue stood before them looking somewhat thoughtful, her inky black eyes trailing over their forms a final time. She still wore the Sojen robes she had adorned that morning, her long hair pulled back in a tight braid behind her head. A small smile graced her red lips as she nodded her head once, her soft voice carrying itself to the foreigners as she offered one last chance to ask questions.

After this, company in tow, Hue led them to the palace so that they might meet the Dragon Empress. Bowing low, she would introduce them if it were wished, before stepping respectfully to the side or leaving altogether, as per her lady's desire.
Last edited by Ly Binh Hue on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84]"We cannot see our reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see." -- Taoist proverb

[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=15174]Hue artwork[/url][/size]
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: I know this thread was long in the works but technically you are not allowed to make new threads. Now this is a continuation so it has a bit of different rules. However I must ask you to summarize the actions and I will do like wise. With two posts each we should be done :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

Post by Elvira Rodriguez »

In this Elvira was not willing to argue, though she did seek the red tripping to her robe, just so she would draw some attention to her, preferring to keep the gaudiness out this time. She sought a barrel of fresh and shooing Gerard out sought to wash herself, rinsing her hair and using a simple white string to tie it back, leaving it to dry on the way to the palace. Those that were within, could have caught a glance of a peculiar article of clothing dark-haired piratess wore, her red silken stockings, also getting washed and stuffed safely into a convenient bag. For once she went without a weapon, though force of habit made her stuff her possessions under her host's bed, so it would not be easily found by a thief. She assumed such existed even in this peculiar place.

In all her cockiness, the black haired girl assumed the role of their leader, stepping forward as they all bowed, making sure to emulate their Sojen instructor as best she could, uttering those words they have been taught and which she hoped she would get right. She waited for the Empress to address them, ready to answer any questions, turning her eyes to Hue for assistance in translation. Only once the ruler's questions were exhausted, did the girl chance to speak about her needs. Explaining how her ship was wrecked upon the rocks, she respectfully and humbly asked for the most benevolent ruler's assistance. She asked if ship's cargo could be salvaged, and offered a third of it as a gift and a sign of gratitude of their hospitality, generously giving out the ill-gotten gains that never were hers. It was her plan to salvage as many cannons and firearms as possible and keep those for herself, the rest of the cargo expendable. She did plan to sell it to the local merchants and hopefully make a small fortune for herself, a fortune she did plan on sharing with the other survivors. Yet, it was not the gold she hungered after, but the power, as she planned to use the destructive arsenal found on board of the Harpy to carve a place for her and whomever was willing to sponsor her rise.
Oooooh, is that your money pouch, or have I just landed meself a husband there, luv.
Avatar by the adorable [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Pixieface[/url]
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Post by Gerrard MacKaree »

Gerrard, patched up and washed by Kazumi, had been to the market and got himself a simple black robe. He wore it with dignity, copying any and all respectful gestures he had seen Kazumi perform when they went shopping. However, he didn't show anything of it in front of the other survivors of Hue. He used the time he had to trim his beard and hair as best as he could, using water to make the latter a bit wavy. As Elvira wanted to wash herself, he smiled and left. At least he had been washed by a female... he had had some luxury.

He tried to remember anything Hue taught them and practised on the way on his pronunciation and the bowing, albeit he did the bowing almost unseen. Once they were with the Dragon Empress, he smiled within for he had anticipated what had happened. Elvira took the lead, egocentric as she seemed to be and without discussing it. The offering she made was most generous, especially coming from a pirate. He'd talk to her later about that, of course. Now, as she finished, Gerrard bowed again, as Hue had taught him. He then introduced himself, last name first, then first name. As was usual, according to Kazumi. He hoped he would have an edge on Elvira with these small things he had already picked up from the local populace.

He said that he was eager to learn more about the culture and asked the Dragon Empress permission to speak with any of the civilians of the empire about their customs and history. More important, but tactfully last, he asked for her permission to talk to someone about possible business opportunities he had seen here. Of course, he would be willing to talk to anyone she would appoint to him.
Last edited by Gerrard MacKaree on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The meeting was tense. It was fraught with difficulties of culture despite the impressive attempts of both foreigners to smooth their entry. With morbid fascination court watched the barbarians, the aliens, the outsiders. Ngoaoi.

The Dragon Empresses were fast asleep, as they had been for centuries. However the head of the Long family, the Chu Ba Vuong lady named Long Nhu Lien, dressed in black, fully assumed their authority, as she always did. She fired questions at the strangers, about dragons, about dragonkin, about their lore, about.. about ancient things that were not often addressed in the rest of Tazlure. Then she wanted to know about life outside the empire.

Her first curiosity satisfied, she then granted Elvira her request gracefully. Nothing less was expected of a hostess. Gerrard too would get his opportunity.

After the session, Hue was discreetly told she had done well. Rioja commended her tact with soft pleasure.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Skilled!

Return to “Long Danh archive”