Roses Returning - Thalas Manse - Chyril 27th Early ET

Moderator: Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Roses Returning - Thalas Manse - Chyril 27th Early ET

Post by Ashari »

Early Eveningtide

Thalas Manse in the evening was alight with candles in the windows to create a warm ambiance that invited entry. Already, in the short time that Ashari had returned to the abandoned home, she found that she had great pleasure in being there and wanted very much to make it more "homey". Aerin, her first student, was nothing but helpful in this regard what with her quick work with a rag as well as eagerness in learning to garden. She'd felt somewhat bad when she'd seen the scratches on her student's arms from the thorns and prickers in the overgrown beds, but in a short time they'd be able to reclaim the once elegant gardens.

The front entrance was decorated in some banners and garlands in the colors of the Imperial office of the Caesar, as it had become Ashari's understanding that the coronation lasted for upwards of a month. That being the case, and after having been around the city and seeing other afluent houses offering their support of the newly crowned ruler, Ash thought she would do the same and had some of the ornamentations sent over right away which she tastefully added to the otherwise drab and white decor of the front portion of her home.

Aside from that and the absense of Aerin to lead them in, the house remained fairly well the same for the arriving students and their belongings.

OOC: Feel free to post to this thread whenever you'd like: Paige, Yelena or Trevyn. Either Aerin or I will see you into the house.
Last edited by Ashari on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

After her travels throughout the city, Paige decided that she would return to Thalas Manse now. The young woman was weary and with what little belongings she had, made her way up to the door. Taking in a deep breath, Paige wondered for a flicker if it would be Aerin or Ashari who greeted her, and more importantly what new ventures awaited her once she stepped inside, this time as a student.

Oh well, its now or never, Paige thought to herself, as she finally brought herself to knock on the door.
Last edited by Paige on Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Trevyn Sayres
Civus

Post by Trevyn Sayres »

"Hello Paige!" Trevyn boomed from the street as he approached Thalas Manse. "Did you have a nice time out and about?" Trevyn approached the door and shifted his bag from his left to his right shoulder.
[size=84]Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
- Hassan I Sabbah[/size]

[size=75]Avatar courtesy of Fialessa Valenstri, with my deepest gratitude.[/size]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

If there was movement behind the door it was done so stealthily. As it was, Ashari had gone out on an errand - to see that her previous student was properly buried. At the moment she was conversing with a member of the clergy of Anasis - one of the deities of Amun Rah. Either the meeting was taking longer than expected or the Guildmistress wanted to see how much initiative the students would take.

At this point, the door remained unanswered and it left Paige and Trevyn to either converse on the front lawn (something which could attract the attention of passing guards should it carry on too long) or enter without direct invitation. The matter remained entirely in their hands to decide.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

As it was, Aerin, as well, was in a meeting although she was alone in the room, sitting cross-legged on the foyer floor, just beyond the front door, her eyes closed and all outside doors closed as well, all but the front door locked in order to keep stray cats and other distractions out. She had chosen that spot more than a mark earlier to meditate, knowing that the others would return soon and that their knocking, while just as disturbing as a smug tomcat, would be a welcome one. She needed to focus. To meditate. To clear her mind for she had many tasks building up on her roster, the ‘least’ of which was helping her new classmates get adjusted to life in the budding guild.

That was her original intention anyhow…

Nearly three quarters into the mark, her relaxation and clear mind were to the point where consciousness faded and blurred, bringing with it the gift of a simple dream which felt just as real to her as the waking world, a dream where she was dining with a non-descript noble at Thalas, at Ashari’s insistence, and was having to make light small talk in order to make the noble feel at home. Per her nature, during the conversation, Aerin had made a small – but tasteful – joke and the man had found such mirth in it that he had rapped his knuckles upon the wooden table in delight.

His response had made her smile even if the timing of it had managed to conceal Paige’s knock. Paige and Trevyn were free to enter, of course, for it was their new home as well, but if and when they did, they would find Aerin sleeping peacefully, bolt upright on the floor, her red mane dripped down over both shoulder and face like an unwoven veil of crimson thread and a contented smile upon her lips.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Post by Yelena Kintessia »

Yelena took her time coming back to the Thalas Manse as evident by the fact that Paige and Trevyn were already there. She waved a hand toward the two. “Paige, Trevyn, hello!” The girl smiled at the two when she got closer. “As you can see I did not have too much with me.” After that she looked and stared at the door. It was through here where she would begin to become a Rose, where she would learn, and where she would have her first friends in the Citadel. “Is there anyone coming to let us in?”
[size=75]"All days are nights to see till I see thee, And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me." - [i]Shakespeare[/i]
Avatar by Finn! (She's zomg amazing)[/size]
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

"Hello Paige!" Trevyn boomed from the street as he approached Thalas Manse. "Did you have a nice time out and about?"

Paige whirled around in time to see Trevyn approach and beamed, "I would be lying to you if I said it was a nice time I had, but I suppose fresh air can never be a bad thing."

"However, I am glad to see that you have decided to come back, Trevyn," Paige replied looking from the young man to the door, "I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one returning."

Just as Paige was about to ask the man how he had spent his day in the Citadel, she heard another familiar voice from behind and found Yelena waving at them from the distance, as she approached. With a friendly smile, Paige nodded in acknowledgement of the young woman's presence. The adhiel's blue-eyes filled with excitement at the very thought of the three of them returning to Thalas Manse together, as students.

“Is there anyone coming to let us in?”

"I was wondering the same thing," Paige winked looking back to the door, wondering how it would look to Ashari if they just barged on in, "I will try knocking again. Hopefully, they will hear us."

With that said, Paige knocked on the door again, a bit harder this time.
Last edited by Paige on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Trevyn Sayres
Civus

Post by Trevyn Sayres »

Paige wrote:"I would be lying to you if I said it was a nice time I had, but I suppose fresh air can never be a bad thing."

"I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a nice time," Trevyn replied. "I cannot say that I had a really good time out and about, either, though it did serve its purpose, spiritually speaking." As Yelena approached, Trevyn greeted her similarly. Then, after waiting a few flickers after Paige's second knock, Trevyn suggested that they test to see whether or not the door was latched. "It would seem to me that, given that we are all now members of the guild, we should be able to enter our home without direct invitation. Besides, perhaps Aerin and Ashari are still wrapped up in the business they were conducting as we left and may not have heard us at the door. If it does wind up offending Ashari that we've entered Thalas Manse without her permission, I will take full responsibility for the decision."
With that said, Trevyn tested the door latch.

OOC: I'm not sure if I should assume that the door is locked or unlocked, but my intention would be for Trevyn, Yelena, and Paige to enter Thalas Manse should it prove to be unlocked. Ashari, GW?
[size=84]Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
- Hassan I Sabbah[/size]

[size=75]Avatar courtesy of Fialessa Valenstri, with my deepest gratitude.[/size]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Eyelashes fluttered beneath the curtain of ruby tresses. Once. Twice. On the third time, they flickered open, just in time to hear the door latch jiggle, the redhead scrambling to her feet, thankful that Paige’s second knock had stirred her from a delightfully distracting dream. Wiping a small line of drool from the corner of her mouth at the last flicker, she was all smiles as the door opened to reveal the trio of fresh new Roses. “Ahh, good… you made it…” she greeted them, holding the door open until the last one was in and then gesturing upward.

“I have cleaned your rooms and the dining area and the Mistress is ordering food as well as running errands right this burn, so please feel free to go up, pick a room, and get settled.” She offered, preparing to go with them in case any of them required assistance or wanted to chat. “Not too settled, though, for baths are in order – the Mistress wants us all clean and looking our best for dinner tonight and you never know when she will have company…” Aerin informed them, smirking a bit as she imagined a semi-uncomfortable dinner with Wrinkles and whomever else Ashari had met with the previous night.

“Oh…” she added as she began to climb the staircase. “…unless you want a pair of furry little hands helping you unpack and helping themselves to whatever strikes their fancy, please leave the door next to the bathroom closed. Cicero and I sleep there and while I may be quite friendly upon waking, he can be a bit cranky.” She warned, the complete opposite being the case, for Cicero was always ready to play if he woke before she did while Aerin resembled a melting candle as she got out of bed, her form dripping to the floor and pooling on the cool boards before finally waking fully and rising. Still, she wanted to put on her best face for her new companions in order to make them feel at home.

“The Mistress will be joining us for part of the meal, by the by, but has an affair to attend to before it gets too late, so while she may start the meal with us, she may not finish it… Not to worry, however, for our day does not begin until tomorrow, so there is no rush on finishing the meal, on getting to bed, or anything of the sort although I would suggest a good night’s sleep… I know that at least one of you…” she said, looking directly at Trevyn. “…is probably in need of it after the boat ride, yes?” she asked, holding her stomach and making a silly face.

“Ships…” she muttered as she continued to climb the stairs. “If I were meant to sail, my father would have been a sailor and not a farmer.”
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari flitted into the building wearing a heavy gown in a dark burgundy laced with a variety of colors of brocade down the front. Her hair was tied back ornately with ribbons and bows and she carried herself as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. She caught the parade of students as they were headed upstairs.

Her arms her burdened with packages and parcels, and it was a wonder how she managed to open the door without a free hand, but she didn't request for help. Giving the door a swift kick with the back of her heel she smiled up at the students. "I've got food, I hope you're all hungry!" Around her came a variety of savory scents in the otherwise still air. "Would one of you come down and help me, please?" She asked while juggling the things she carried. Inwardly, she wondered who would jump at the chance to assist. The most obvious was Aerin, merely because she was being rapidly groomed as an assistant, though any one of them might want the brownie points.

OOC: We can wrap this up at our leisure while the recess is going on. It's some good PC interaction that our busy Wolfie doesn't have to worry about. Each of you can feel free to "design" your private room with the basics of a bedroom and whatever colors and stuff you want.
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Paige could see that Ashari was struggling with the many items in her hands and waited for a few flickers to see if anyone would go to her aide. Without realizing it, Paige found her feet leading the way to the young guild mistress. Flashing a polite smile, the raven-haired beauty stopped in front of Ashari and reached out, "That's a lot of stuff for one person to carry, I would be more than happy to lighten to load a little bit for you."

While waiting for Ashari's response, Paige wondered if the woman would be willing to accept her help. Besides, it was the perfect opportunity to show the young woman her soft side.

OOC: I hope that it is okay that I picked this thread back up. I was kind of hoping to get to the part of describing Paige's room. Also, I wanted to give someone else a chance to score those 'brownie points' lol
Last edited by Paige on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ash was pleasantly surprised by Paige's quick attention to her needs. It would make her more natural toward learning. Those who were aloof or too caught up in their own mental musings would miss the subtle nature of their coursework and would likely not make the best companions as the whole position leaned heavily on seeing the needs and filling them.

It was difficult to hold herself from smiling, instead she shifted so as to offer an arm full of the parcels to Paige. Some of them were warm, but they'd been stacked so that nothing too hot would burn her skin. Claire was always so thoughtful in her packings. "Thank you," she said as soon as she was relieved of some of the burden. "Aerin, take Paige's things upstairs for her to the front-most room," she called up the stairs and then turned to her new student. "This way."

The pair walked from the foyer down a hall to the left of the entrance door. From there Paige was given hints of a large dining room from an open door and Ash lifted her chin and motioned to a closed door. "That's the coat closet, so if you've anything you want to hang down here such as a cloak or otherwise, feel free." The mage didn't stop walking, however, and kept her brisk pace taking a right hand turn down the next set of halls only to almost immediately turn to the left. For a moment she blocked Paige's view of the large kitchen, but she stepped out of the way and showed off the large room that used it's space well with large countertops and several sinks.

"Above you, in that cuboard," Ash pointed. "There are plates, would you get out enough for everyone and let's see.." She started to unpack. "Five.. no, six serving plates?" The beautiful brunette shifted around the peninsula countertop to another and pulled open a drawer. "They'll - they'll probably need to be cleaned," Ash looked a bit sheepish. "I'm terribly sorry about all the disarray. The Guildhouse was SO tidy, and I spent all my time there. This place - well, I sort of just forgot about it." Fishing around in a drawer there was the sound of metal against metal as she retrieved some silver that was in severe need of polishing. "Do you know one of the secrets of silver?" Ash picked up one of the tarnished pieces and began rubbing her fingers over it, mixing the oils of her skin with the dark. "It, like many people, just need a bit of attention," she slid over a smooth spoon of which only the part where one would eat was shining, now. "And a soft touch," she winked. Ashari continued to pull out more metal-wear until there was enough for everyone as well as serving utensils.

The thief brought all the things over to one of the sinks and began giving them a good wash. A neighboring sink would allow Paige to do the same without them getting into eachother's elbow space (unless she wanted to).

OOC: Brownie points earned!
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Paige retrieved six serving plates from the cupboard as Ashari had instructed, and then turned around again to face her. The dark haired adhiel nodded in agreement when the pretty guild mistress had mentioned that the dishes would need some cleaning. She watched as Ashari began pulling cutlery from a drawer, and as she did so she asked Paige about the secrets of silver. Unfortunately, Paige didn't know any secrets regarding silver or anything of the sort, and so she replied with a polite, “I'm sorry, but I do not.” After her reply, she listened carefully to the woman's words, playing them back and forth in her mind. Paige had to admit, she had a point, as well as a poetic way of putting it. It made Paige look at the way she used her words whenever she spoke, and she immediately became very self-conscious about her speech. Suddenly, Paige became very anxious to begin her education with the guild.

Once Ashari made her way over to one of the sinks, Paige followed, stopping at the sink that neighbored the young brunette's, and began to clean the plates she carried almost immediately. In the days of Paige's life of slavery on Amun Rah, she washed a plate here and there, but was mostly used for her body and nothing more. With this in mind, Paige paid extra attention in cleaning the plates, for fear of disappointing the guild mistress and her fellow students. The last thing Paige wanted was for anyone else to see her as a mindless toy for sexual gratification and only that, so she planned on staying on her toes. Besides, the blue-eyed beauty knew that she wouldn't get anywhere in life if she didn't try.

For a few flickers, all that could be heard was the clanking of dishes as they were being washed. Trying to think of something to say, Paige wished she could come up with something exciting to discuss, but her mind wasn't having any of that. Ashari seemed nice enough, so Paige scolded herself silently to loosen up.

“If I may say,” Paige began, “I hope that I will become the companion that you wish me to be. I have to admit, I am not very book-smart, however, the desire to learn is there and I assure you that I will try my hardest to succeed.”
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Paige & I are going to "take over" this thread unless anyone has something else to add - I made a "Thalas Manse" entry in the wiki - feel free to describe your rooms there, as there is an entry for each of you.

The curvy brunette was content with her cleaning. She didn't find need of conversation while running the instruments through the cold water, but her fingers did start to tingle a bit by the time Paige spoke. Cool, gray eyes shifted from the task in the sink over to her new student. "Mmm, perhaps you are only lacking book smarts because you've never been properly paid attention concerning them," she began.

"I don't really believe that books would be your biggest concern - a woman who can read, write and state her own opinion is not something much cared for in your previous line of work, eh?" A brow lifted slightly, making her look somewhat smug at her ability to present someone from such humble background a chance at a new life. "Sadly, it can be much the same here," she gave a lose shrug and returned to her scrubbing, though kept talking. "Men prefer a woman who does as told - but I find, overall, they also prefer a woman who can stand beside them and offer assistance of any kind, even if only from the shadows. In this line of work, knowlege will be invaluable - not all of it comes from books, but it's good to know none-the-less."

She pulled the utensils from the sink and laid them on a nearby towel and dried her hands. Grabbing another she handed it over to the girl to do the same. With quick fingers she started drying the metal. "You should make it a practice to wear blue," Ash commented while still looking over her work. "Particularly in jewelry, even if only glass, because your eyes are an alarmingly beautiful shade. When we go shopping, we'll visit Audrey, I'm sure she'll have something to bring out the color."
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

The guild mistress did have a point to what she had said regarding book smarts, and being opinionated. Most men didn't care for things such as those when it came to women, and if you found one who did, then you could consider yourself lucky or damned. Paige figured that it all depended on the type of person one was, and the circumstances surrounding that person's life. With a mental shrug, Paige finished washing and rinsing the plates. It was at that moment that Ashari handed her a towel in order for Paige to start the process of drying the freshly cleaned dishes.

While Paige was flattered by the woman's compliment to her eyes, it wasn't the first time a person had suggested that she should wear more blue. However, it wasn't until now that the young woman began to understand and take it into consideration. Perhaps it was due to the fact that Paige figured Ashari had an eye for these things, being a guild mistress and all. With a simple nod in approval, the adhiel lips curved into a warm smile.

“Thank you,” Paige responded, as she continued to keep a careful eye on her plate drying, “That sounds lovely.”

Once she had finished drying the last of the serving plates, Paige stacked them on top of each other as neatly as she could, hoping that her efforts were passable. “Is there anything else that I can assist you with?”
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"And brown khol - for your eyes," she continued. "Not the harsh black, it's too severe and the brown is softer, so we'll have to find a bit of that as well," she said with a smile. Looking at the freshly cleaned, and dried, plates and utensils Ash tried to think of anything else she might need help with, but just shook her head. "No, I don't think there will be anything else. Go up stairs with the rest of the lot. At the top of the stairs go left and give a call for Aerin, she'll take you through to where she put your things."

Ashari leaned against the counter. "I'll call you all down for dinner when I'm ready," she finished, and then turned back to the food packages to decide what needed to go in the oven to keep it warm, and what could sit out. "And thank you, for the help."

OOC: End for me unless you guys want to play out the dinner...
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Aerin did as Ashari had bid, secretly holding herself back at first when Ashari had called, wanting to see if any of the others had 'warmed up to Ashari enough to wiggle free of the redhead's 'leash'. When Paige had taken Ashari's call, Aerin was more than pleased to take up the girl's bags in her stead, allowing Trevyn and Yelena to pick their rooms before selecting one for Paige. Once inside the room, Aerin placed the bags upon the bed and opened the window for a breeze and to finish airing out the space, smiling to herself at the cleaning job that she had done in the three short marks.

Aerin waited there for Paige, making herself available to the others if they needed help, warm and content in the knowledge that she had successfully helped fill Ashari's house with the pitter-patter of not-so-little feet.

OOC: I can go either way on more conversation/playing out a bit more/playing out dinner. Or, this could be 'fin' for me as well. Much like my character, I'm pretty easy.

Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

“You're welcome,” Paige said to Ashari politely, once she had been excused. She had to concede that after having the opportunity to speak to the guild mistress one on one, the adhiel began to feel a little more at ease than she did when she first arrived. However, knowing the she now resides here at Thalas Manse, Paige still felt a little odd walking the halls of a place she knew very little about. This would be her new life, a life that the young beauty was more than happy to embrace. She needed a change in to her routine and this, she hoped, would prove to give her a promising future.

As she made her way back to the foyer and up the stairs, she wondered what her room would be like. Paige wasn't picky as far as that was concerned, for even living out of a tavern would have been considered a leg up from what she had grown accustomed to given her past. However, the thought of the room alone, was enough to draw her curiosity, as she also wondered what Aerin, Trevyn and Yelena were up to. Paige hoped that she didn't miss out on anything too exciting, but again she was grateful for her one on one time with Ashari, even if it was just washing plates.

When Paige had finally came to door that she was sure was her new dwellings, given her bags lying upon the bed, she spotted Aerin. With a warm smile, she entered the room and gave it a quick scan. She could tell that the room had been given adequate attention, and to Paige, it was lovely. What caught her attention the most was the bed, for it looked warm and inviting. She had been so used to sleeping on a cot, and sometimes on the bare floor that it made her think that the bed was only for the most important of guests. For a few flickers, Paige was speechless as she tried to take it all in.

“Thank you,” Paige said to Aerin in regards to bringing up her bags. She felt awful that the crimson-haired beauty carried them up instead of her, herself doing it just like Trevyn and Yelena did. “I am very happy to be here. I can't say enough how grateful I am for running into you at Simple Pleasures. Ashari seems like a very delightful person.”
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Archived and skilled. Moved to Patrician's Ring archive due to location of Thalas Manse.

Skills:

Aerin: + to Meditation , gained Business Perception (Basic).

Ashari: + to Leadership.

Paige: + to Conversation, + to Etiquette, + to Language (Human).

Trevyn: gained Logical Analysis (Basic).

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”