Oh Random! Oh Chance! (Jygust 30th, TT, 3rd Mark)

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

Fia smiled softly as Aerin referred to her and spoke on.

“Vanir is really a good teacher to have. He is mine as well.” She looked over at him a moment. “Perhaps a walk through the garden would be a good idea. Our gardens are well cared for and very beautiful. They are an excellent setting for speaking of Pan.”
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir both lovely redheads out into the gardens. It was only a few months ago that these gardens ahd been singed by the fire that destroyed the Red Rose Guild. Erel had done a great job of restoring the gardens to its former glory, some might even claim it was even more beautiful from her gifted touch. The priest pointed out several beautiful flowers as they found themselves alone in the gardens.

"Aerin, Fialessa and I will assist you in any way we can to better understand the ways of Pan. I know there are many misconceptions about our religon, but please try to keep an open mind about what we have to offer. Let us start first with the questions that brought you here. Pan often calls us in different ways, my own calling was quite amazing, so ask us what your heart desires."
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

“Well, as I told Fialessa...” Aerin began, wanting to start out on an honest foot, “...my notions of Pan worship stem mostly from one Panling orgy I attended and some instances like one the night of the fire...” she said, pointing toward the direction of the charred remains. “...where I exposed my breasts to a crowd in order to try to help summon help for Mistress Ashari as my hand was broken and I could do little else.” she said with an accepting shrig. “There have been other times I have been called a Panling, but that is the most recent – Fialessa was kind enough to teach me that it was not the backhanded compliment that I thought it was after I wondered if that was the method by which Pan was calling me to service.”

“I did, however...” she continued, “...come here with an open mind, feeling that nudity and sex had to be only a small portion of what it was to worship Pan and wondering what else lay behind the faith. Again, Fialessa has been great at lifting away the clouds over my eyes.” Aerin gave pause before continuing on a bit, wanting to get to one of the questions which had somewhat stumped the other woman. “I had asked about Art, Blood, and Joy and she did well explaining the first and last to me but, as for Blood...we only scratched the surface, right?”

The last few words were directed at Fia as Aerin was still merrily swimming in a sea of fresh information and trying to commit as much lore as she could to memory.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

Fialessa nodded in tandem with Vanir's words, certainly she would do everything she could to answer any questions she had answer to.

She smiled then as Aerin referred to her and even stated she'd done well explaining the Joy. If only the other woman had known what Fialessa had been through that very morning – full of doubt about her own connection to the Joy. “Admittedly I know very little where the Blood is concerned... But come now, let's be off toward the gardens and I'm sure Vanir can give us both a little insight to the Blood...” She winked at Vanir and beckoned them both toward the gardens.
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir led them deep into the gardens away from the hustle of the Temple, where they could be alone and speak at will. The soft voice of the former bard let his words flow like a sweet wine to the young ladies. "It shall be easier if we simply start from the beginning and speak of it all. The Blood shall be covered as you ask, but you must see the whole building to understand the purpose of one room."

"Pan is the child of the Mother and Father as all the other gods are. He is the god of many things, but is His greatest aspect is the God of Passion. He grants us passion in all things, whether they be the feel of a lover or the words of a song, even passion for battle. It is common mistake for people to assume that passion covers only sexual enjoyment, which is where our reputation comes from, but it is so much more than that, Aerin. Passion is the very nature of finding enjoyment in life and appreciating everything that life has to offer. You do not need to lay with another to be passionate. You can be passionate about music, art, poetry, sailing, baking, or anything that fills you with Joy. This is our gift from Pan." The priest winked playfully at Fialessa, reminding her of his earlier lesson.

"Pan once led His people to an island, a paradise to keep them safe from those who did not understand. This paradise did not last forever though and Pan knew He had to find a way for His people to protect themselves. He then imbued His people with His own Blood, letting the passion of battle pump through their own bodies. The Blood is how Pan has allowed to protect ourselves from those that would do us harm. It our own passion of such things and our way giving our praise to Pan for those gifts. Fialessa and myself believe that all these aspects of Pan should be embraced and balanced in our lives. There is room for all Pan has to offer without shunning certain gifts he has given us. This Temple has altars to the Joy, Art, and Blood for that very reason. Each Altar is contained within its own room, yet each room is the same size to prove they are equal to Pan."

Vanir gave pause to let Aerin take in his words. "Do you understand a little more now? I am certain you still have questions, so feel free to ask me anything you wish. There are no secrets here at the Temple of Pan." No secrets that will ever be revealed at least. No secrets that need be spoken of.
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

The young redhead listened intently, nodding along at key points as understanding was reached and holding a question which had come to mind until the very end. "Conflict..." she stated at first. "The three rooms bring balance, right? Joy brings balance to the soul - I know that things seem to 'feel right' when I am happy. If Pan is a brother to all other gods, could it be Dominicus' fault for igniting the passion of conquest in men...driving Joy out of those who would happily follow Pan?" She paused for a flicker or two after asking, biting her lower lip in both post-speech apprehension and thought.

"What I mean to say is that, for the longest time, I hated gods and - by default - their followers, all because my father pushed the One down my throat, much like the armies have done in the conquests of T'aquar and other places." She gave a small shrug. "I know that my Joy for gardening would fade if my brother trampled through my flowers in order to plant his own seeds in their place..."
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir smiled sweetly at the young student. The soft voice of the charming priest called out to her. "There is a lot of truth to that, yet some things are beyond the grasp of priests and perhaps even gods themselves. I think you are understanding quite well though and balance is definitely what we strive for here at the Temple. It is more just balancing the three sects of Pan though, there is also balance within each one. The Joy is not merely about sex, which some of our flock has forgotten, but finding a balance between physical Joy and emotional Joy. Sex is nothing if there is not passion and emotion behind. How can something feel good, if you do not put feelings into it?"

ooc- Sorry about my long delay, but work has been kicking my butt. I am trying to catch up and should be posted everywhere by this weekenf, if not tomorrow.

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”