Tazlure's Way Forward

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Tazlure's Way Forward

Post by Maeve »

The Gamedesigners have pondered matters at our site for the longest time. Despite our best intentions we have no choice but to conclude that activity and general "bounce" at the site have sharply declined. In part we consider this to be due to the fact a majority of GameDesigners have been unable to maintain an active presence here in our community, not in the last place my very own absence for which I take full responsibility. It is time to face up to reality and make adjustments accordingly.

We have discussed this problem with moderators and senior players and have come to a couple of decisions regarding a way forward to re-inspire the entire site. By providing more activity we will in turn attract more players to interact with, give new inspiration etc. A spiral upwards is what we need.

Changes behind the Screens
Our structure no longer fits our current size. We are currently implementing changes that will make the decision process occur more smoothly without waiting for those who are absent. We are also looking into diminishing administrative load while still allowing areas to survive beyond the departure of a mod.

Mostly these changes will go unnoticed by players, expect of course by the result of creating more energized mods.

A Frank Evaluation of Size: Open Areas and Mod Burden
We have always said that each area should have at least two moderators to keep its bounce, its posting rate, its variety of themes etc. To let this go in a time of need was a mistake. Too, we know that only in areas with around 10 players or more can there be a momentum were players start to create their own stories and add to the area instead of just need moderation.

Together with the moderators we have decided on a new grouping of areas to spread moderators equally over the current players, especially by combining some of the active areas together. Only Dragonskeep will henceforth be closed as a starting location. Players there might consider moving to another area. New areas won't be opened till we have at least 2 extra moderators and 5+ players that are interested in a particular area.

Seven Isles

Citadel
Subforums: Inner & Outer Rings, Patricians Ring & Palace
Coordinator: Meridiuz
Mods: Graves, Craghley, Grey Wolf
Supporters: n/a

Triangle Islands
Coordinators: Brytan & Danny
Mods: n/a
Supporters: n/a

Triangle Islands include Dort, Aveas and Sierra were more renationalised plotting must take place. Players will be encouraged towards plots where they can interact with everybody in the region.

Western Kingdom

Mer Cities
Sub Forums: King's Court, Roque d'Ancourt
Coord(s): Ashari & Haikan
Mod(s): Syra
Supporters(s): Byron

Baron Estates
Coord(s): Guido
Mod(s): Morg
Supporter(s): Petros

West Terra
Coord(s): Van & Morg
Mod(s): n/a
Supporter(s): n/a

It is important to remember that ALL areas in Tazlure are open by mod discretion, meaning that you can seek it out IC if you find a moderator willing to moderate your thread for the duration of your adventure. However players can only start in a limited amount of areas.

Join Our Creativity
There are a number of ways that YOU can help us reviving the bounce, contributing with your creativity. This is not new but we want to put new emphasis on it as we think it is vital we as a community come together. There are 80 of us, all of us creative individuals, and together we can do this!

Help run a single thread or location
Yes, you can be a supporter too! Even while running a single thread, or maybe a location like a tavern or shop you are helping your moderator tremendously. As a supporter you are offered help in the modding seminar but this is not a requirement. You will gain access to mod notes to help your work.

Help with write ups
Can't commit to posting every other day for a thread? Want to do something in your own pace? You can help moderators by adjusting write ups for locations and NPC's.

Help with the wiki
The Tazlurian Wiki is our most important resource right now and it always needs tons of work. You can do general wiki work, or ask a moderator if he needs something specific. If you help transfer mod notes to the wiki you will even gain access to our special areas to help you with your valuable work.

Contribute art
Sometimes this gets overlooked but Tazlure really is incredible lucky for having such a creative community in the artist department was well. Due to the wiki we can now easily store any art contributions and they do bring new live to areas.

Brainstorm with us on plots in your Player Compendium
We love hearing from you! What are your ideas for your character? For your area? Just shoot at us and we'll reply. It may not always fit, but you may just have given your moderator a new idea, a new twist that will provide fun for all of us.

Reach out to your fellow players
The core of playing at Tazlure is player interaction. This is were plots get extra fun and take your breath away. The most popular organizations are always player run, the best stories pushed by players. So get in touch with your fellow players here on the boards or in #tazlure (over at darkmyst.org) and start planning!
Last edited by Maeve on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

I have only one thing to say... wow and hurray !!!

I have been a bit pf a tired poster lately both because of rl and tazlure interactions that did not go the way I hoped it would.

But i wanted to say that I am pleased with the changes, and I wanted the thank all the people, Dragon, GD, Mods and supporters... and players that make Tazlure a place for me to use my creativity in a pleasurable and interactive way.

So THANKS !!!! ;)
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Does this mean I have to rewrite the new character I made once I finished up with Bernice? He starts in Taquar.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

No, T'aquar remains a a start location for new players. It is located in Terra West.
Last edited by Maeve on Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

During my interactions in chat and this weekend with our Tazzies live event I have had a lot of people ask "So what is the update on Tazlure's Way Forward?"

You have all seen the physical changes in the forums. Those are clear enough. It also means that in some areas mods are working together in different ways. Freeing up content that was just waiting to happen. The Triangle Islands. The Mer Cities. Mods are finding themselves re-inspired and working in teams again.

Is that all? No, as we said, behind the screens we are easing moderator admin load. This does involve the wiki and ways of storing secret modnotes so that we can crossreference more easily.

We are also looking into ways to create more bounce. Such as more advertising. Approaching veteran players directly and asking them what they want to see implemented in the setting in plots and development. Spreading the word in general.

Most important to realise is that YOU have the key to change. Anything you might be able to contribute, and that might be simply modding a single thread or doing occasional wiki work, is helping us as a community create some great stories. If you are getting a lot out of Tazlure in enjoyment and fun, we hope you will consider giving back to it :)
Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

*emphasize*Of course, Maeve also tries to tell you, again, that putting information and questions for the mods in your compendiums will make it easier for us to see what you like to change or to see in Taz and that by doing so, we can start brainstorming on those things.

Another important thing is, if you have questions for your mods that are NOT trivial to your story, please use the compendium. Might anything happen to your mod for some reasons, at least the other mods have an easier time catching up with the information and get you going again.*de-emphasizes*

Compendiums... because they, too, are friends.
Last edited by Thrandil on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mithril Dragon Awards:

NOMINATION:
Most Heroic PC - 2008

Return to “Banter”