DK - Dragonhunt sidethread - Jygust 30th

Moderators: Vanadius, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

H`saan Alai
Civus

DK - Dragonhunt sidethread - Jygust 30th

Post by H`saan Alai »

After he had spoken with Denbar, H'saan led his camel down to the wateringhole where Malakhai had taken Oren, in a more subdued mood than he had previously been during the ride. He waited patiently until the other steeds had drunk their fill before allowing Laetitia her turn - after all, she needed far less fluid than the horses. As he waited, he tapped the young dragon knight on the shoulder, wishing to have a quiet word with him.

"Ho, Malakhai. How fares your rider?" he enquired in a deep rumble.
[size=75][b]Seriously baby, I can prescribe anything I want - Dr Nick Riviera, The Simpsons[/b]

Avatar by Mockery at allavatars.com[/size]
Malakhai Qinua
Civus

Post by Malakhai Qinua »

Malakhai turned lazily around, smiling in genuine delight when he saw that it was H'saan. Few if any of the others on the hunt could evoke such a reaction from him. In some ways the half-giant represented the solid continuity that the young tribesman so desperately needed in his life. In other ways, however, H'saan was just fun, which he welcomed even more.

"He seems to fare well," he replied truthfully. "He is a little man, but he is tough, and he does not complain." With Malakhai's riding skills, he would probably have had every reason to. Malakhai had in fact been very impressed by Huu's meditations, as well as amused. Given the tribesman's flighty nature, meditation was very far from his capabilities, despite his father's efforts to teach him. It just wasn't something he understood. He ruffled Oren's heavy mane affectionately. The long-suffering horse had been the real star of the show.

"And yours? Has our anddi-sus been forthcoming?" Asenath still intrigued him. Although there was a settlement by the Lake of Draz-Olgraith, the People did not visit the Keep itself particularly frequently, and those of the Black Tribe - Malakhai's own tribe - were perhaps the most rarely seen of all.
[i]"When the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" - Hamlet[/i]
Avatar is "sandman" by yifatshaik, from allavatars.com
Phuong Quang Huu
Civus

Post by Phuong Quang Huu »

Huu watched as the two riders wandered off to water their horses and talk. Huu decided that this was a good time to talk with the woman in black and so intrigued him and was intrigued by him. Huu approached Asenath and bowed. "This seems an opportune time for talk if you are so inclined." Huu greeted her.
[size=84]Polish the twofold spirit heart and mind, and sharpen the twofold gaze perception and sight. When your spirit is not in the least clouded, when the clouds of bewilderment clear away, there is the true void. -- Miyamoto Musashi[/size]
Asenath Bahan
Civus

Post by Asenath Bahan »

Asenath nodded in reply to Huu's statement. "Yes, this seems like it would be a very good opportunity to talk. I doubt that we will have much time to talk once everything gets started." She wandered over to some boulders that were a few feet away from them and sat down.

Asenath did not know where to start the conversation, and so she spent a good amount of time trying to sort out her thoughts. After a while, she finally gave up trying to organize the random thoughts flitting through her head, and began to speak. "Huu, my mentor received a dream one night that stated that I was to be sent to your homeland in order to learn more about your culture, and to further my education. I was wondering if you could tell me anything about your homeland, in order to better prepare me for my journey. I wouldn't want to insult anyone, and mess up something that has been a lifelong dream of mine."
H`saan Alai
Civus

Post by H`saan Alai »

"She has a name. Asenath. Now you know as much as I do." H'saan rolled his eyes with a shrug of his shoulders that stared over the heads of the troops to where the nomad woman stood talking with the eastern man.

"Strange is it not, Malakhai?" he mused. "We have spent months in preparation for this hunt, then on a whim, Fargreen invites these two to come with us. We do not know if they can fend for themselves. We do not know if they will prove anything other than a distraction from our work. It is as though the Warden does not expect to encounter any danger out here."

"Do you think this is so? Or is there more to it than meets the eye?"
[size=75][b]Seriously baby, I can prescribe anything I want - Dr Nick Riviera, The Simpsons[/b]

Avatar by Mockery at allavatars.com[/size]
Phuong Quang Huu
Civus

Post by Phuong Quang Huu »

Huu settled himself on the rock and waited patiently for Asenath to speak. He did not fidget or prompt her by body language. He seemed content to sit it the sun all day if it was required. When she finally did speak, Huu smiled thinly.

"You ask a very large question with few words, miss." Huu replied. "I have been trained in the ways of proper etiquette since the age of three and even I must be careful not to give offense to my fellow countryman." He explained. "The words of the noble families of the Empire are to be carefully chosen and nuanced with meaning like the steps of a dancer. In lower circles this is less the case but politeness and showing the proper respect to those you meet are the keystones that hold the arch of society stable."

Huu cleared his throat gently. "I confess great curiosity about this dream that you have mentioned." Huu admitted. "Most of those I have met in my travels have been wholly ignorant that the Eastern Empire even exists." Huu sniffed. "So to find one here with a desire to explore it is a surprise to say the least. Will you tell me of this dream?"
[size=84]Polish the twofold spirit heart and mind, and sharpen the twofold gaze perception and sight. When your spirit is not in the least clouded, when the clouds of bewilderment clear away, there is the true void. -- Miyamoto Musashi[/size]
Malakhai Qinua
Civus

Post by Malakhai Qinua »

Malakhai would have been lying if he said he'd thought about it. "Perhaps it is a simple show of boldness on the part of the knights," he replied. "This Warden Fargreen is as much about style as about substance. Still... you are right." He furrowed his brow. "The dreshi must think that we are more than capable of protecting them against anything we might face. Or else he can judge a man's combat prowess with a single glance." Before coming to Dragonskeep Malakhai would have thought such a thing impossible, and he was still dubious, but nowadays he wouldn't necessarily put it past Blacktree or Marshall Lockwood. Malakhai had a tendency to exaggerate the abilities of those he hero-worshipped, particularly those (such as Blacktree) who'd kicked his arse in single combat.
[i]"When the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" - Hamlet[/i]
Avatar is "sandman" by yifatshaik, from allavatars.com
Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

Locked, skilled and archived.

A star for conversation all around!

Return to “The Baron Estates Archives”