[Aveas] Someone's gotta do it - Jygust 30th MT - Baze

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Falco
Civus

Post by Falco »

Grumbling under this breath as he left the fast flowing stream. What a horrible creature. He thought to him self as he jumped back on to the hard ground. "Do you know of a big bird? it is in the direction I head creature?" He said with a more chipper tone in his voice more to the fact that he is happy to leave this troll behind.

Pausing for a moment to see it if does answer before turning and heading deeper into the wood, trying to get the feeling for the trees of the forest on his journey.
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

"Big bird? Dunno. Lots of birds in the forest. Sorry, can't talk. Gotta watch the bridge."

Behind Baze, the troll took his position alongside the path to the bridge again, melding into the woodland until nothing could be seen of him aside from his bush-like hair. Had Baze not known it, he would have been unable to tell there was even a creature hidden there.

The path across from the bridge was strikingly similar to the path before it. The forests on this edge of the island were dense and lush. They struck him as being far more friendly than the woodland on Ursa. Most likely for the lack of Cryer threat which nowadays was an omnipresent danger in the Howling Forest. Here however, no such danger seemed to lurk as birds sung their merry songs in the warm summer sun and small woodland creatures darted away as Baze approached.

He was very much thinking there was nothing but trees and small animals in the forest, when he suddenly heard the sharp "CLANG" of metal upon metal, and a high pitched cry coming from somewhere amidst the trees to the southeast.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Falco
Civus

Post by Falco »

Giving a grumble to him self as he left the troll, he did have to bow his head to the creature for one thing if only one thing, the creature was able to use the cover around him to disappear into the tree's. A feat that even the stealthy cat Kanthrops would have trouble copying.

Looking around Baze gave a pleasent sigh relaxeing after the bridge. the trees feeling like home always had to be a little watchful though a relaxed watchfulness always keeping his gauze somewhat skyward. Hearing the odd bird or squarl in the underbrush he smiled licking his lips thinking he would have fresh food this evening with a small glance to his pouch he had packed "I will save you for later." he said softly more to him self then anything else as he watched a rabbit run for cover he gave his lips a small smack as he could taste the roast rabbit already.

Looking around the under brush using the tip of his spear to lift a few limbs he smiles to him self seeing the rabbit run. Taking a step towards the trees, he spins to the south hearing a clash of something on something though not sure what entirely though knowing the cry not to be a good sign... looking down the path to safety longingly, looking back quickly to where the cry came from.It won't hurt to look. He thinks to him self with a frown. knowing a saying among the Kanthrop... curiosity killed that cat.... Making his way towards the sound as quietly as he can trying to spot what made the cry.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Moving quietly through forests was not something that came easily. Though for Kanthrop who had extensive training in such matters, it was slightly easier to do so. Baze snuck through the underbrush in the direction of the sound. The cry he had heard earlier had made way for a pain filled sobbing and a voice crying out something in a language Baze did not understand.

As he pushed aside a bush in front of him he gazed upon a very alien scene. A creature was caught in a trap. A female as far as he could tell. Her upper body was humanoid at least, but the lower part of her body looked more like a deer or a horse. One of the centaur's hooves was caught in what looked to be a poacher's trap, though this one was made from steel instead of the wood and bone the Kanthrop sometimes used to hunt small game.

The centaur woman cried out in her language, trying painstakingly to reach the trap which clawed into her flesh. She was clearly suffering.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Falco
Civus

Post by Falco »

Looking at the animal in silence for a few moments. Strange it is intelligent it seems, I think it is berating its self. He think to him self watching it struggle, trying to reach the trap. Watching it for a burn he stands up slowly knowing he has to release it or kill it one of the 2 no creature should have to suffer and there is way to much there for him to eat.[/i]"

Stepping out of the bush after a few moments of thinking. he makes sure he is well out of reach for the creature. "Hello?" He say's to the creature softly his manner not matching his pounding heart. Holding his spear off to the side waiting for the creature to see him.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

At the sound of his voice, the eyes of the centaur turned swiftly in his direction, filled with terror at the sight of the hunter, wielding a spear and dressed in what appeared to be cloth and animal hides. As much as it obviously hurt her, she attempted to crawl away from Baze, the trap cutting into her with every painful move.

"P...please...no...kill..."

Falco
Civus

Post by Falco »

"I won't hurt you." Baze quickly say's leaning his spear against the tree. Poor animal he think to him self quickly opening his hand palm up. "I will help you." He says with a smile though forced, waiting to the lady to quit fighting. As the last place he wants to be is under one of her hooves then someone would have to come save him he grins to him self. Waiting for her to calm down he slowly starts to make his way closer to the trap trying to figure out how to open it with out hurting her more.

"My name is Baze. Yours?" He says looking up to the creature. Taking a few moment to get to the trap as he watches the ground and the animal lady close taking care that she does not decide to see him as a threat. Moving to the trap he start to look it over for a way to open it. "Interesting." He says to him self. Giving it a tap with his knuckle this would work well at home. He thinks to him self it looks really strong though simple. Putting his feet on the to clamps he lets his hand rest on the side of the animal to help keep his balance on the trap. Stepping down seeing if he is heavy enough to open it the proper way.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The trap itself was indeed a simple construction. Two clamps with rather sharp teeth clamping together around a spring loaded pin, which was released by pushing down on a trigger at the end of the pin. The trigger however was out of reach of the centaur, as it would be for any animal that found itself incarcerated in the steel maw it shaped.

Opening did not turn out to be that difficult, and even though the centaur was still quite startled and very much in pain, she resigned in the fact that Baze seemed willing to help.

As Baze touched the metal trap, it felt uncomfortable to the touch. Pushing down on the trigger released pressure from the clamps, causing more pain to the centaur who screamed as the jaws opened, causing more bleeding to the poor creature. His Inner Animal was in dubio over the whole ordeal. On the one hand he felt he needed to help the creature. On the other hand his Inner Animal relished the thought of the hunt and the prey this young centaur woman had obviously become.

Return to “Triangle Islands”