GD Announcement: The Fate of Tazlure!

Xenovia Canace
Bane bearer

Post by Xenovia Canace »

Well. Well.

I've slipped in and out of Tazlure over the last five or six years. It's funny, I never really thought about it. Coming back to Tazlure always felt like coming back home. I have made many friends here that have helped me through some very hard times. I never imagined I'd see Tazlure close until I saw that message a couple days ago. I knew it was the end.

I don't have much to say. I'm just kind of shocked, really. Numb, I suppose. But anyway, I love you all, especially those I was close to. Here's to the kanthrop crew, and the craziness of the Citadel, and everyone I ever moluggled, stabbied, or otherwise harassed in chat. I'll miss you guys.

I'm an easy girl to get a hold of:
Email - farewellgoodbye@hotmail.com
Myspace - www.myspace.com/frag_doll
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile (or search for Icky)
AIM - L337fragdoll

Some of you have my phone number, I have Verizon and I am a texting fiend. If you would like my number and don't have it, send me a PM.

All my love,
Nicole (a.k.a. Icky, Funky, Keaira Morgandy, Xenovia Canace, Ly Binh Hue)
[size=84][i]"When the sun is gone I see you:
beautiful and haunting, but cold;
like the blade of a knife so sharp, so sweet --
nobody knows your heart." - Princess Mononoke[/i][/size]
Graves

Post by Graves »

Well that sucks.
[i]But remember when I moved in you,
And the Holy Dove was moving too,
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah...

--- Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah[/i]
Rahilu
Civus

Post by Rahilu »

I feel bad about posting here. Because when I created a character sheet before the holidays, I was so excited to get accepted and start playing as Rahilu, and I had read through so many of other people's threads to try and better my vocabulary. But then I hesitated when I was told to fix up my character: should I go through with this? These people are writing elites compared to me. And now, the hesitation has become a regret.

Tazlure is amazing. The site, and the world. Even without getting into it myself, I enjoyed reading everyone else's past adventures looking at other character sheets. And for one thing, it will never die. I am part of the facebook group now, and It's amazing to see people from all over the world, and how they all came together into this world.

Now I look at Rahilu, still unfinalized, and bit my lip knowing what could have been. I have been trying to get caught up with Tazlure for a year or two now, but something stops me every time. And the funny thing is that I usually use my roleplay characters names' over in different roleplay sites. But I don't want to with Rahilu. Because it became a mistake, and I don't want to use it again and forget about Tazlure.

Maeve, and all the other staff, you've created a beautiful world here. And Finn, I have been awed by your artwork, be it characters or the brilliant landscapes. The players, all with characters so unique, so intricate and so real! It's been a pleasure knowing them, in my own special way. It's like when a favourite book series comes to an end, and you still believe there has so much been left undone. It makes me sad that I will no longer see my favourite characters progress, but that I was able to experience their lives in the first place was inspiring in itself.

So now it's coming to an end. But not really, you know? I can only do my best to stay in touch over facebook, seeing as I never made any personal connections to any of you (oh, how I wish I had!). You're all brilliant, progressive roleplayers, and may the spirit of Tazlure and its history live on in all of you.

Seya, "Rahilu".
Viviana Kaleyis
Mod Trainee

Post by Viviana Kaleyis »

Yesterday morning, I woke up severely depressed over Tazlure's closure. And when I'm depressed, I only want to do one thing: clean! Unfortunately for my house, I am usually an optimist, so there was quite a bit of cleaning that needed to be done. When I was finished, I did all the laundry and overhauled my sewing studio. I was still depressed so I bathed all six of my cats. That was a bad move, because bathing cats just makes you more depressed ... not to mention wet and bloody.

When my husband came home from work, he was quite surprised when he saw how clean the house was. He didn't see the cats. Felines are vain creatures, and they were all hiding, not wanting anyone to see them looking like Yoda. All my cats resemble Yoda when they are wet. Except for the big white one, who looks more like Jabba the Hutt.

My husband told me if depression made me clean the house, then maybe I should get depressed more often. Come to think of it, I wonder if that's what my ex was aiming for all those years ago when he asked me for a divorce. Perhaps he was just trying to get me depressed enough to clean the house. He did look rather shocked when I smiled and told him to file the papers.

But when it's over, it's over.

Goodnight, Tazlure. I will truly miss you. I was only here for a brief time, but you made a lasting impression. Most importantly, you got me into the habit of writing regularly again. For that, I will always be grateful.

Sleep well.
Torc Blackfoot
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Torc Blackfoot »

After the announcement I really haven’t been able to put my thoughts down clearly. There is still a lot of emotional turmoil, but that’s due to the lost and understanding that everything good must come to an end. I have loved playing this game for the last five years. I have loved my mods and the stories they wove. I have loved the characters that I have played with, and am sadden that I won’t be able to open taz up at work and check to see if any of them have posted. I will miss all the character interactions I was planning on, and I will miss you all as well. You have been a second family, one that I have been able to write beautiful poetry with. If Taz should every resurface, please let me know, but overall if anyone wants to keep in touch my email is laughingman462000@yahoo.com.

Thanks for all the memories and sweet stories.
Torc/Zac
Avatar thanks to http://www.kiriko-moth.com or Kirko.

Official Member of DMD club since 2005!

Help choose Torc's Familiar!
https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?p=221017#221017
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

*hugs Vivi and chuckles*

silly girl. I am sorry you were depressed, but this actually made me chuckle and smile. Thank you for that.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

*hugs Viv*

I would never think to bath my cats though :shock:
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Lorcan
Civus

Post by Lorcan »

*blinks* well being realitively new here... I have no idea what to say about this devlopment... ._.

Cept that this [taz going down] all sucks...

Ummm... I would love to rp with Lorcan if anyone wants to help with his little book plot...

Either PM me here or email me @ Lorcanlycan@yahoo.com...
"Sweet Mother of... Hey!" ~ Lorcan
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

*Wave*

Well I guess my take over of the North will never be complete....

Someone email me when/ if this gets off the ground again.

Hex.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Rhoddin
Adventurer

Post by Rhoddin »

It is sad to see the decline of such a rare gem, but although it is painful, I can understand the reasoning.

It has been a wonderful on again off again ride for myself, and for that I truly thank the GD's and owners for all their efforts.

On the 31st I'll raise a glass of red and think of the good times and enjoyment had over the years of being a part of Tazlure.

Richard/Rhoddin
[color=blue]Back from the brink, but still lost, damn some times just never change.[/color]
Mairi Armstrong
Envoy

Post by Mairi Armstrong »

Oh. Gosh. :shock:

Although I have been absent for a while I am shocked by this news. I want to thank Maeve and all the other GDs and staffmembers for making Tazlure such an amazing site.

I first came on here when I was 16, and very lonely. The amazing welcome that was given to me even though I was a pretty poor RPG player to begin with was just incredible. I'll never forget my favourite storylines - the Rose Festival, Perdita and Vanir's ridiculous romance, Perdita's death, Mairi's wheelings and dealings...as well as all the other PCs I enjoyed reading over the years. Not to mention giving me a chance to moderate!

I will always think of you guys fondly! Good luck in all that you do in the future.

Mairi/Perdita/Catherine
~The shadowy mountains and the echoing sea~
[size=75]avatar made from a photo by [url=http://www.sxc.hu/profile/alesia17]alesia17[/url][/size]
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Your all very creative people, and every day I enjoy your creations, and I wish to enjoy them in the years to come. For me Taz, is just one important step on a road. Maybe because of Tazlure, I will be enough confident to write a novel.. but not today. ;)

And just, because maybe I have not said it enough. Thank you.

Thank you Maeve.
Thank you Syrawenn
Thank you Grey Wulf
Thank you Haikan
Thank you Gutter Rat
Thank you Amber
Thank you Paige
Thank you Meridiuz
Thank you Ash
Thank you Hex da`Bergliin
Thank you Finn
Thank you Grant
Thank you Arnholt
Thank you Eyrekra
Thank you Sevti
Thank you Vanadius
Thank you Fauna
Thank you Turi
Thank you Tristam

Thank all who did write/chat and nagged with me and made my life great. Looking forward to more of that.
:twisted:

And I blame Syrawenn the most ;) She got me in.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

I look at him, standing at the edge of it all. He is my friend, he is my brother, and he is a part of me as much as my own skin and my beating heart. The slow breeze tosses his hair and his deep green eyes look out on the expanse. The sun is throwing its last desperate tribute to the day across the Tazlurian sky. The rosy pink and soft gold of the dyed sky and clouds mix like rich hues on an easel. It seems as if he can see forever and all the things he has beheld, all the things he has never seen are laid in plain view.

The rocky isle of Citadel, the place he was born seems close enough to touch. The horses running through Kislovan look as if they will gallop into the sky. The wind blows icy off the face of the Trothgardian mountains and into the forests of T’aquar that are as green as they ever were. The Kingdom of the West, from the King’s Court to the most outlying Barony shines beautiful in the dying day. Aveas opens its arms, the Kanthrop of Ursa ready themselves for the night. The vision blurs as if viewed through a melted glass. I watch Talanwei wipes his eyes free of their plaguing tears.

The faces of friends and loved ones come and leave just as quickly. I share these things with him and their departure cuts into me as deeply as it does to him. He’s quiet, so much so I almost do not know what to say. I want to tell him that everything will be all right. I cannot reconcile, cannot make sense of this jumble of feelings. Talanwei turns to me, even manages a smile that runs a spear of regret through me.

"Was it a dream? Was I foolish to think it would go on forever?" he asks me in a voice I have heard all too clearly. The achadhiel sounds both like a child and a man who knows all of the world’s subtleties. A shuddering sigh, the dam that stands before my own tears comes before my words do.

"Well, if foolish is the word I am fine with being just that." I say. Fumbling for words, I stumble on, "It will be all right, we'll find another place…"

It sounds more like a question than a proclamation as I hear myself speak. Tal does not even have to say it; his shaking head tells all as he turns again to the sunset.

"You love these lands as much as I do. I don’t belong anywhere else, you know that," Talanwei says, reminding me all too clearly that part of him will be gone even in my mind.

"Yeah...yeah you’re right...but we did have some good times, didn’t we?" I say with a proud smile. Looking at him I remember all of his successes, his failures, the joys and anguish. I will miss all of it but it was some of the best times I’ve had.

"We sure did," he smiles back at me then closes his eyes. In a voice I can only hear in my head Talanwei whispers to his dearest friends, "Goodbye...everyone."

I stay with him until the end, until there is no more life in the sea or color in the world of Tazlure. He drifts off into sleep and evaporates like so much mist in the Aether.

**~*~**

As I sit at my desk at work, I'm trying to hold back tears. I'm swallowing a lump in my throat that is barely held in check. People are asking me what is wrong and if I'm ok. I'm not, I'm probably not going to be for a little while but eventually things will be fine. I explained it to one person, they didn’t understand. I tried one more, and was looked at like I was crazy. I am, I am crazy for Tazlure, just as much as I was when I first was agonizing over my first sheet. When I hit refresh every 5 to 10 minutes waiting for the green light to let him loose. The first post I ever made, the first PC I met, and the bonds formed both in and out of character remain and are the origin of feelings that are happy, sad and that gamut that lies between.

Be this as it may, and as weepy as I may sound I am not completely sad. I treasure all the experiences I have had here and understand how the tough decision was reached. I love all you guys and it is with all of my fondest feelings I say farewell to Taz. I'll still be around and should we have another site we converge on, I will surely be there.

Isaiah/Tal/Muraco
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

This is plain tragic. I doubt I will find another community (eh, using the word sounds a bit namby-pamby but 'tis true) that be as good an internet experience as Tazlure, thanks to you guys. Thanks to those who accepted and supported me, which is practical everyone I've written with - Draydis, Thrandil, Trajan, Rae, and the mods in particular. Thanks to those who I've played with, making it damn fun. Thanks to those who set me on the right direction, ie: Grey Wolf, Morgs, Guido, Maeve, Turi, and Meri, and thanks for the spades of effort you've put into Taz. Like I said, it's a damn shame... but I'll keep an eye on whatever new beginnings may sprout from the end here.

Best of wishes to you all,
Craghley, aka Ly Gia Giang, aka David.
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Post by Deianeira Saitheria »

With everything going down? How do we start a new world?

Wow... this could be Tazlure inspired poetry. Ahem... so about all this stuff about the system and such... where's that information I am curious about it. I want to try and give us all a place to stay, with help.
RP Prefs:Any thing goes Really, on Camera--ot doesn't matter.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Deia, the wikiis still available to peruse. It contains the entire TGS.

Remember that designing a game will likely take you a lot of work, even if you can skip the system phase. I would be surprised to see games go up very soon and perhaps that is all for the best, for the games started the soonest are the most likely to die swiftly. Take your time considering what you want to do and if you want the responsibility :)

You can gain permission to use the TGS under a preliminary license, but I would want to be able to check your guidelines for the Tazlure Spirit within 6 months. See the other thread for that :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Post by Deianeira Saitheria »

WEll it's right now a glimmer of an Idea... and perhaps not a well done one at that. I have ideas for a world. But that's it and It'd be years easily before I feel the world is solid enough to really put out there.

I kind of wish I could develop something great, but perhaps its best that I don't... what other thread?
RP Prefs:Any thing goes Really, on Camera--ot doesn't matter.
Anistis
The Tender

Post by Anistis »

That'd be this one. :D
Med

Post by Med »

I read this many days ago. It shocked me in a few ways as if your entire home was blown up over night (Don't recall if you remember that fight five or seven years ago Maeve) Anyways you know I love you. Well I couldn't think of many words to say so fealt perhaps I'ld describe what Tazlure meant to me via real life.

I had just gotten back from Florida fairly penniless and my brother god bless his heart built me a crappy machine to play on the net with. I searched agelssly for any sign of role playing and after about a year when I became a manager in a restaurant I wandered into a room a chat room where everyone just started talking to me. I was fairly blown away. They not only talked to me they showed me this game and when I screwed up good old Osakaar spent all night fixing my character to be playable and at the end I ate a rat!

Well I met Antos too in chat and I got carried away with my young bard with some of the best writers I had ever seen. I fealt pretty shy, but it made me do my own thing. I stepped out and did this comical character who wasn't good at fighting. He really wasn't too good at anything to be honest but he had heart. That was a challenge to me and a bad time hit me while playing him during 9/11 I lost a few people close to me, but I pressed on despite the buisness I worked for folding everything. It was rough. The one thing though is I could always make a Penth Post and it made it that much better every day. Same as I began sushi. One of the most glorious days was when my little band of Bard Conspiracy got rcognition when Maeve accepted the terms of Flickers and Burns I presented. I fealt I had won the golden cup, super bowl what name you.

From there I was hooked. I could not do enough. It wasn't for fame anything else there never was much, but for those special players who came along I got the delight to moderate and yet more.

I looked at mother figures like Shaeliana.. Great friends like Tygress (despite me always being the one to be thrown in some dungeon in chat) to Maeve's oh so serious dragon with a golden heart... to Ulderon the horse boy who became much more. Raeyvn the dreadfull b*tch queen and had a fantastic sense of humor.. All of them.

I even went off to create my own play by post sci fi games a time or two with little sucses other than rules. Ask me why I will simply say what made Tazlure great was the people and their passion for this game. None who have played this game despite thinking some rules could be better. this or that could be done will ever say they had no enjoyment.

I even fell in love in Tazlure and got married through these boards. It did not last but I can not imagine any other game that encompasses that much of my life or ever will.

I would hope Maeve keeps an Aether realm thing open forever so you could all play in your worlds, but I understand that part. So my final parting is just how it began from a simple bard called Penth.

~Pulls the dragon's tail and runs to the bar.
Grabs a pint tiumphantly with glee!
Feels the singe on his trousers and puts out the molten char.
Frowns at his his drink and frollicks free!~

~"Oh you can not touch me mightiest of dragons!"
"I am the snake outside of those caravan wagon!"
"Your fire may boil my britches!"
"I I will still make you laugh till your gut needs stiltches.~

*GULPS*

~"So here I am all umm valiant and heroic.."
Looks around for a Raeyvn or Ulderon to be more stoic.
~I will ummm give you candy and flowers.~
~Just as long as this day we can pass the hours.~

~No biting you evil reptile! I need those!"
Yeah it's been awhile. But I have some oats to sew."
"Crap I may just be a bard. Life has been so pleasant."
"But hey lady I ain't your pheasant... Oh and in case you didn't know

This is the Band of Bah and we salute you!"~

~For those about to BAH! We salute youuuuu~

A fond faewell to all of you (I doubt anyone but Ulder recalls BAH!) but for everything you gave me I have nothing but thanks. I love you all.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.
Mezatino
Criminal at large

Post by Mezatino »

This discovery saddens me dearly :(

When I first discovered Tazlure, it was during its PbP format on Ezboard.com. I was a young, like 12 or 13 i think, findishly obsessed with magic and dragons and wanted nothing more than to be part of this emaculate gem written by so many talented storytellers. Sadly my many attempts to join were denied, mostly because i was so enamored with the game that I wanted my character to be extremely special. Someone to make it to the top immediately and be grandoise where everyone else was normal. I kept a strong tab on the site and eventually, actually 3 yrs ago, I finally made a character that was accepted.

Mezatino, so far is my greatest creation ever. He has many variants, in this game and in others, and in my own writings. I am ever trying to complete him and give him a cannon background and origin. He is a thief with no worries, who leans on no one, and yet has is hands pulling everystring within eyesight.

Simply put, Thank you. To everyone. From Maeve to the GDs, to the other players who put up with Mezatino jacking their stuff, even to the NPCs who chased him through many streets.

Hope we all meet up somewhere else, if anyone ever sees a thief named Mezatino in another PBP game, tell me you were a tazzy and we can have fun like old times.

I really wanted to come back to this game and finish Mezatino in my head. This is the only place I've been able to truely feel as if he was alive and breathing. But alas the real world sucks and constantly pitted me against this game. Now it ends and I'm unsure about how things will go. But I understand the decision, had it been my choice, I'd a done the same.

Again I say thank you to everyone and goodbye until next time.
----Deryk Bryce Crum----

PS - Mezatino says he is sorry for any rude behavior and for spilling blood. Especially on someones outhouse in the West End of World's Mouth and leaving a Purificatio officer lying there lol (Good Times)
Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

DAZED & CONFUSED
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

-----Original Message-----
To: tanja@tazlure.nl
Sent: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:22 pm
Subject: Thanks for Tazlure

I've made various characters on Tazlure since the game was on its previous boards. I never managed to stay at the site for more than 2-3 months during each incarnation. Nearly every time I started a character I was asked if I'd like to be a supporter or start in the mod training program. Some of the times I said yes, and eventually left the site realizing I didn't want the commitment. Seeing that Tazlure is closing down for good, I'm left wondering if I had just stayed and helped, if I couldn't have been a reason that the game was left open for all others to enjoy. But, I can't help what I did in the past.

I mainly wanted to write to you, because I did not have an account on the forums currently, and I'm unable to express my gratitude for Tazlure. It truly helped me become a better writer (though I'm nowhere near good) and I had a tremendous amount of fun writing and reading all the wonderful threads and characters on the site. I seriously cannot thank you or the past and present mod staff for everything you guys have given me through Tazlure. I wish you all the best in real life and with whatever creative endeavors you all take on in the future.

If it wouldn't be too much to ask, would you mind posting my thanks on the site?

Sincerely,

Syorn/Brogan/Reno

Steven
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Aww :)
See? Taz has outclassed many games by simply being a place of growth for so many!
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
valsert
Sergeant of the Purple Guard

Re: GD Announcement: The Fate of Tazlure!

Post by valsert »

I miss my home away from home... the warm hearth always in my back of my mind.

Hope everyone is well and happy.

Return to “Banter”