Storm on the seven seas(Dort: Stormrunner)

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Mio stayed quiet, thinking about the best possible way to light a fire. She used to do it often with her grandfather, so why couldn't she remember?! She thought hard, remembering that they had used a variety of things: leaves, yes that's what they had already, flint, they had that too, wood. Why hadn't she thought of it? She got up and walked out of the cave, going in the opposite direction of Anarie, towards the trees. If she could just find some decent sized logs or branches, and if she could find a large log, there was usually bits of dry wood underneath them. She scoured the ground, picking bits of twig up now and again to examine them. But everything was so wet. She walked into the trees and began to search for small sheltered areas. She needed to find some dry wood.
Anarie Laezuriel

Post by Anarie Laezuriel »

OOC: Where for art thou Pup?
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Hey Anarie and Lómiodien. I'm sorry that your thread has been without modding for so long, but Pup really needed and still needs time off, therefore he told us he is taking a hiatus.

I would like to continue your story, if you two want it :)
Please give me a day to read up.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Anarie Laezuriel

Sure thing, think I might need a day to remember what we are doing :wink:

Post by Guest »

Thank you! Great! read away! :D
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

As Anarie walked along the shore, the shadow took clearer forms. It started to seem like something rather large, it looked like..a body? It was still too far away to know for certain.

As Mio searched for small sheltered area's, she foud two logs crushed by large stones. Parts were sticking out from under the stones, but surely there had to be more under them.
Anarie Laezuriel

Still angered by her inability to light a simple fire she was in no mood to investigate but that dark blob on the shore pulled at her elven curiosity. That curiosity turned to a sinking feeling of dread as she came to realise that the form might just be a body. She stopped dead and stared at the shape by the shore. The sound of the waves would have been comforting to Anarie but she did not hear them. She heard nothing, just the thud-thudding of her own heart.

Here brown and blonde hair still very wet and plastered to her face made her look liked a drowned rat, quite evident in the moonlight now that the storm had dissipated for now. The thick kohl that had been around her eyes leaked down her face painted under her aquamarine orbs making her also look like some kind of zombie.

The half high-elf called out to Lomiodien but her voice was squeeky and made barely a whisper. "Mio, there is a . . ." she tried to talk louder and managed at least a loud enough voice to be heard although she still could not get her vocal cords to function. She was scared and her body was reacting to that fear making her tense up and her vocal cords were not spared this reaction. "Mio come quick there is a . . . there is something here . . . I think . . . I think it is a . . . body. Lómiodien!" Anarie stood, nearly rooted to the ground her spooky eyes locked onto the black form in front of her.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Mio made her way through the trees, slowly picking her way through the wet undergrowth. Noticing a small sheltered area nearby, she made her way toward it and found what looked like two logs crushed by large stones. Thinking that she may find some dry wood underneath the stones, she bent to pick up to smallest of the boulders, but a cry from the direction of the beach made her stop in her tracks. She stood up, wondering if it was just her hearing things, No. She thought, That sounded too familiar, like someone's in trouble.... Anarie! Her senses reacted imediately and she began to run back the way she came, her sword ready in her hands. Seeing Anarie's frozen figure on the beach, she began to wonder if she was hurt and ran as fast as she could until she skidded to a halt beside her companion, 'Are you ok?' She asked, chest heaving and looking around for the source of the problem, 'What's wrong?' She looked in the direction of Anarie's gaze and noticed a shape on the sand, 'What....What's that?!' She demanded, thinking as she did that it looked horribly like the shape of a body. A small shiver ran down her spine but her curiosity got the better of her, and she slowly walked towards it, sword in hand, sincerely hoping that the... whatever it was, was safely dead.
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

As Mio got closer she quickly realised it couldn't be anything but a body.
With the lower body laying in the water and with the back towards the two women, right arm hanging over a log, Mio wasn't able to tell if the person was dead or not.

The body was surrounded with all sorts of woodpieces and garbage. It seemed as though he had been laying there for a day or so. The clothes of the body however seemed familliar, but she couldn't quite place them through all the excitement.
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie seemed to be the first to get close enough to look at the person's features. She was almost positive it was an older man but could not be certain. The elfess spoke the first name that came to mind. "Cap . . . Captain Gilmur?" She tentaively reached out and touched the fabric of the person's shirt. Anarie gently moved away pieces of junk from the body and pushed lightly on the person's left shoulder. The Earendil switched over to her common tongue, figuring that if it was the captain of the Stormrunner he would better recognize her if she spoke his language. "Captain Gilmur . . . that you is being is it?" The aqua eyed girl asked quietly, not wanting to startle the person if they were even still alive.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Mio bent over the body, critically examining it for any sign of life. She put her ear close to the face, trying to pick up any signs of breathing, but she couldn't feel any. The breathing was probably too little for her to feel. Laying her sword on the sand, she helped Anarie clear away the junk surrounding the body, picking up the soggy bits of wood and seaweed from the wet limbs and flinging them behind her. If the man was alive, he would need help as quickly as possible. She turned to Anarie, 'Do you know anything about medicine?' she asked, beginning to move the body into a more comfortable position, 'because I think this man needs it before he can stay alive.'
Anarie Laezuriel

OOC: We don't really know if it is a man or not so or if the person is alive so we should wait until Meridiuz posts before we do anything else. 8) Good to be back in business, isn't it? :P

Post by Guest »

OOC: Oops! Sorry! :oops: It is good indeed! :D
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

As Anarie reached the body, she noticed it was Captain Gilmur indeed, although he did not speak. Mio heared for breathing, it was there, but almost unhearable. The captain looked terrible, he had a scab on his forehead and his clothes were torn in several places. As they started moving the body there was a gurgling sound coming from his mouth and a bit of water poured out. He was alive, but barely, something needed to be done.

Anarie noticed something else as she cleared away the junk. Something was attached to the log, on the dry side of it. It was an open bag, empty except for a lot of little hairs, looking much like cat hairs.
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie chirped with happiness when she recognized the captain's face. "Gilmur oh Captain!" That happiness was quickly replaced with fear. The man was not well and it was obvious that he might very well die if they two elf maidens did not do something.

When the Earendil saw that cat hair filled bag her thoughts immediately flew to Slinks but that would be something to ponder later. Right now she needed to think. She could not think, couldn't breathe, couldn't do anything. Anarie racked her brain for any information. She had spoken with many travellers in her many yahrens of childhood in Kislovan and they had told many stories. Had one ever spoken of how to save a man who washed up from the sea? Oh but damn her for not knowing!

In Elvish she prayed to Illuminatus. "Dear Dear Illuminatus help me to find something, anything to do. Share your infinite wisdom with me I beg you!' It was a gamble she knew, for very rarely was anyone blessed with any kind of sign or insight from their god. How she wished that this one time would be the exception. Who knows perhaps her own mind would bring forth options. Although Anarie did not think so, she had quite a swift mind.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

When Mio heard Anarie's exclamation, relief swept through her and a small smile lifted her mouth, 'Welcome Captain Gilmur,' she said, somewhat formally in common, knowing even as she did that the poor man probably couldn't hear her. She looked at Anarie to see what she would do. But seeing her at as much as a loss as herself she sat for a moment and thought. Something clicked in her head and she turned to Anarie almost excitedly, 'We need to keep him warm!' she exclaimed, 'We should take him back to the cave, or he could die from the chill. When I heard you shout I had almost found some dry wood. We could carry him between the two of us and then I'll go back to find it.'
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

OOC: just to make sure we aren't waiting for eachother, I was expecting some interaction between Mio and Anarie on what their next action is going to be :)
Anarie Laezuriel

The Wood Elves words seemed too quick. Didn't she know that Elves take their time? "The world waits while the elf debates" her father had always said. Lomiodien was right though, they needed to keep him warm and there really was not any time. In that instant Anarie felt a deep pity for the human captain and all humans in general. Their lives were too short, the yahren they had to live too few and add to that the fact that their lives were full of more peril, sickness and heartache than any elf could imagine.

Nevermind that though there would be time for contemplations later. There was no time to think anything through, only time to do what felt right. The idea of doing things without taking a good long while to deliberate with ones own psyche was daunting to the rather young Earendil Cala'Quessir but there was a brave elfess hiding behind the aqua jewels set in her eyes. It was time to put that elfess girl to use.

Speaking in melodic Elvish she nodded as she spoke."Alright, he can use the blanket I took out of my sack earlier. It can't be dry yet but pretty close. Then we will get the fire going if I have give my first born to the gods to get it done." She smiled warmly at her friend. Appreaciating her quick mind in a time like this. She left the sack behind and helped Lomiodien drag the seemingly unconcious Captain Gilmur back to ther make-shift "home"

Post by Guest »

Mio smiled in return to Anarie and got to her feet, 'I'll fetch Gwiryan,' she told her companion, 'he can carry the Captain back to the cave on his back.' She smiled slightly, 'I'm not sure I can carry much with this arm. It feels a bit useless.' She gestured with her broken arm in example and, with a quick nod and a smile of conformation at Anarie, started to jog back to the cave. When she reached the entrance she looked quickly around for the horse and, not seeing him, gave a high pitched whistle through her teeth, feeling somewhat jittery and excited as she did so.
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

Gwiryan, who had been seeking food and exploring the new terrain heared Mio's call and turned around instantly. Coming out of the forest a few flickers later, he pushed his nose softly against Mio's arm, seeking her attention.

Meanwhile the Captain awoke from the pushing and pulling of his body. Caughing up some more water, he slowly opened his eyes. They were still burning from the salty water, but fortunately it was gravetide, so the sun couldn't hurt his eyes even more. "Where...where am I?" He managed to say.
Last edited by Meridiuz on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarie Laezuriel

OOC: I thought it was still night-time :?

IC: The young half high-elf nodded slowly at Lomiodien. She herself was getting quite tired and the captain here was not exactly a light weight. Anarie plopped down in the sand and wiped her brow. She felt gross, sweaty and overly warm. "Perhaps you could go on a diet after this my dear Captain, hehehe." She giggled before leaning over to stare at his face. The elf maiden gently brushed some of the older man's hair from his face. "We will get you better soon, I promise."

It was then that the man's eyes came open and Anarie's own widened in surprise. "Where . . .where am I?" He croaked and Anarie laughed and hugged him tightly. She stopped when she realised it might hurt him. Anarie started jabbering to Captain Gilmur in his own language. In her excited mood it made it sound even worse. "Much glad me be that you is awake oh yes I am being! You . . .hmm. Well I know not place what this is. An . . . island? Yes yes that is it an island. Not big it is, but tiny. Lomiodien and I are being only ones here me afraid." She nodded her pretty little head resolutely.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Mio jumped when Gwiryan nuzzled her arm, but she laughed as he sought her attention. 'Hello there,' she said to him, flinging an arm round his neck and hugged him tightly, burying her face in his mane as she did so, 'I wondered where you'd got to,' she told the horse, her voice muffled in his long, dark mane. She brought her head up and stroked his nose affectionately, 'But now you're here, I've got a job for you. It's an important one though, so you'd better do it right.' She patted his nose briefly, took a good grip on his neck, and swung herself up onto his back. Just the thought of riding him again sent excited shivers down her spine, and riding bare-back was always much more fun. Sitting straight up, Mio bent forward and dug her heels slightly into his sides, 'Come on then,' she said in the horse's ear, 'let's go fetch the captain.'
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

OOC: Doh! my fault. Sorry :oops: Edited the post.

IC:

The captain didn't notice Anarie's bad language. He hardly heard her at all, having a hard time to stay conscious. "Island? What...how..?" He coughed as more water came out of his longs. Keeping still for a few flickers, the heavy man regained some strength and tried to sit up straight. "An island..." He said, as he gazed out on the ocean. His eyes needed some time to adjust to the darkness, but after a while he could see all the wreckage drift in the sea and his eyes widened. With a sad voice he said: "My ship.."

Gwiryan snorted as Lomiodien told him she had a job for him. He seemed to be as excited as Mio was about the riding. Waiting for Mio to give the signal, he stood proudly, telling her he was ready to go. The horse took up a nice easy canter as they rode out of the forest. He was clearly enjoying himself.
They reached the captain and Anarie within only a few burns, the captain still staring at the sea.
Last edited by Meridiuz on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarie Laezuriel

OOC: where did Mio get off to I wonder?

IC:

Anarie looked up at Lomiodien, her aqua eyes shining brightly even in the dark. "I though mayhaps you were lost cousin. Our dear captain is somewhat recovered. I fear he may be suffering from an injury to the head. His words sound near to slurred and his manner is erratic at best. It would be prevelant that we take him back to our make-shift home. Can that horse of your's carry him? I certaintly hope so, because I have been dragging him for some time and our dear Captain is far from a light-weight. She chuckled, speaking in melodic elvish.

She then turned her attention back to Captain Gilmur. Anarie's face was sullen. How she knew his pain, she too regretted the loss of that lovely ships and the crew that she had only begun to make friends with. When she thought they had lost the captain that had only made her mood worse. Now he was here and she felt not quite as miserable. The young half-elf spoke to him in bad common. "Sorry I am . . . we . . . I mean me , me did not knowing enough of ships to help overmuch me afraid. She shook her pretty head sadly, the beautiful two toned hair of hers (still quite damp) swung about her neck. The half High elf gave an irrtated sigh and pulled it away.

The young and naive elfess said another prayer to her dear Lumi for some insight, for her own mind was truly empty as any. "We be taking you back we is, oh yes. Finally maybe fire we going get yes? Warm then you be, oh and kay it is?

ooc: edited teh captains name, Gwiryan is Mio's horse ;)
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Mio jumped down from Gwiryan when Anarie spoke, feeling completely windswept, but her cheeks where flushed from the excitement of the ride. She looked down at the captain as he was described by her cousin and raised a hand to push back some the escaped hair hanging wildly around her face. 'Gwiryan will be honoured to carry the captain.' Mio replied to Anarie's question, smiling at Gwiryan and stroking the silky black horse's nose in affection. She turned back to her elvish friend and her expression became more somber, 'He would like to repay the captain for the loss of his ship.' She explained, her expression one of embarrassment for both herself and her horse, 'I know it is a tiny thing compared to such a big loss. But,' she took a deep breath and her words came out in common, 'I and my horse do all we can will because we lost you ship your and we are forever sorry.' Her words came so quickly that she knew they hardly made any sense, and she blushed deeply in embarrassment, turning back to Gwiryan in order to hide it from Anarie, 'We can lift the captain together,' she said in comfortable elvish a moment later, after composing herself, 'is he heavy?'

Return to “On the Water Archive”