The Office of the Battle-General

Moderator: Mods

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

The Office of the Battle-General

Post by Elvin Motricé »

On the ground floor of the University, nestled in the back corner were four rooms. The first (and outermost) room had a nice desk and several comfortable chairs along with one couch. It wasn't very homey, but it was very functional.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Her perfume was the first essence that entered before she emerged elegantly before the door. Her perfume lingers upon the air like a faint rose blooming with promise of springtime.

Her cerulean eyes gazes around her with graceful manners as she passed a hand over herforehead to part an offending lock of hair that hinders her view.

Her name is Fauna Winthrope, a new student of the university of Magick and she paced a stately march into the room with her glowing, honey-colored hair and flawless fair complexion. She was wearing a very fashionable, elegant blue stain dress that leaves her shoulder bare and shows every inch of her womanhood. She carried herself with dignity and poise and with pursed lip and inquiring look, she once again looked around her surrounding, her minute movement were set to perfection, like an exquisite dance, so dazzling to behold.

"Hello?" And even her velvety voice, so pure and vibrant echoes around the room, so sweet and delightful.

"Is anybody here?"

And she stopped, flipped her hair and stood regally on that spot with enough poise to knock off a fly from a wall.

ooc: hi. erm. I do need a timestamp for this post.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

<center><b>Timestamp: Samheen 7th. <i>Last Mark, Gravetide (Before Dawn)</i></center></b>

Although it was an early hour the Battle-General was already up and about. Sitting behind his desk he was fiddling through some papers written in a foreign language Fauna could not understand.

He looked up, irritated: "Child, have you never learned how to knock?"
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

She reddened deeply. Fauna could feel even the tips of her hair blush.

"I'm very sorry, Sir." Fauna quickly apologized and curtsied automatically as she looked downcast, the usual manner of a slave. It comes as a second nature to her when being in front of someone with very high authority.

She moved back a pace, still with her head bowed.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

She couldn't see but definitly could feel how the Battle-General directed his milky-white gaze upon her and sighed: "Now, no need to show me such respect. You're a student here after all. Straigthen your back! A mage needs to demand respect."

The General's grinned: "But also needs to know his or her place. Do sit down, Fauna."
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

She gracefully curtsied again and smiled enchantingly though wondering if her grin could be seen.

"I understand perfectly sir," Fauna replied and elegantly moved towards a chair in front of the desk, smoothing her dress before sitting down.

"Pardon my intrusion," She continued as she confidently stared fully at the face of the Battle-General. "But I am here for a specific reason, sir."

She paused for a moment, as if looking for the right words to say. "I want to enroll on the Red Rose Guild also, Sir." She breathed quickly but clearly. "I am here asking for your permission and to also inform you of my decision." She readied herself for the lightning or thunderous reply of the General.

"Would that be possible and will there be any conflicts to my schedule and pactum with the University, Sir"
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

"The Red Rose Guild? Well, iti s your personal choice. You can do whatever you want in your free time but remember how sparce it is. You'll need to make special arrangements with the Guild." the General said.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Fauna smiled her most beautiful smile.

"Thank you, Sir." She gushed and breathed at the same time. "This means a lot to me. I will do everything I can to organize my schedules here in the University and at the Guild also. I'll study a lot and learn everything about Magery."

She sighed theatrically, looking sideways as unshed tears started to form on her eyes. "This will be hard work, sir but know that I shall use every last ounce of my will to reach my dreams."

And without any warning, she got up quickly and fled the room with tears streaming down her cheeks and trailing behind her.

A few moments passed, a slow footsteps emerged again, and the Fauna's head popped from the doorway wearing a sheepish smile.

"Very sorry about that, Teach." She blushed. "gotta go! Nobody's gonna achieve anything by sitting on their behind. Catch you later, Prof. and *I* do love your hair." And her head disappeared again as her perfume lingers upon the room like a faint promise of spring.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The Battle-General roared with laughter: "A spirited young girl indeed! I wonder what she would seek in the Guild? It is not a place for the likes of her."
He shrugged and got on with his work, it was her choice. He couldn't let his own disliking of the Guild get in the way.
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

OOC:

Don't know the Timestamp exactly, but I think it will be best I we hold onto Samheen 7th. What do you think?

IC:

Nicko left the desk and didn't even bother to say a sound of a goodbye. He had been waiting long before the man even realized Nicko still had been standing there. He did it on purpose, just ignoring me like that. He thought it had been his age. People always looked down on him as he still was a young boy with the age of fourteen.

He walked the corridor noticing all kinds of things along the way. Four rooms at the end of the way came into view, and Nicko walked towards them. He still didn't see anyone, and he didn't know which room was the one he was sent to. Instead of finding out he examined the letter he had received from the clerk. It looked very important he thought.

If the letter hadn't been sealed Nicko surely would have looked what it read. But he thought it was better not to screw up his chance of entering the University of Magicks now. Now let's see which room is the right one.
Last edited by Nicko on Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

A young girl with long blonde hair sat behind a desk that was stacked with reports and looked up as the young Human made her way towards her. She smiled and said on a pleasant tone: "How can I help you?"
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Nicko saw the girl who looked not mature at all. He approached the desk looking at all the corners of the room, expecting to see a battle-general watching him closely from a shadow. When he found none other than the girl, he said, "Hi, my name's Nicko and uhm... what I'm doing here is... Do you know where I can find the battle-general?" He went red for forgetting the thing he was here for. "Not that I'm in a hurry to meet him, but the clerk told me to see him immediatly before I do anything else."
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

The girl smiled friendly at Nicko.
"Nobody ever is in a hurry to meet the Battle-General. But I will tell him you are requesting a talk with him"

She stood and walked to an heavy wooden door, then knocked twice.
without bothering to wait for an answer she opened the door and stuck her head in the room, leaving Nicko with a nice view on her well-shaped backside.

If he strains his ears he could overhear the conversation: "Sir, there is a young fellow called Nicko to see you, I guess he wants to be a mage. Do you want him to come in ?"
A small pause, in which the Battle-General is answering, then "alright Sir, I will send him in !"

She emerges from the doorway and beckons to Nicko "He wants you to come in"

As Nicko walks through the door into the office, he sees a large office, sparely furnished with a large desk and two heavy chairs. Behind it sits an old man, his face and arms scarred, his hair grey.
The man sits and waves at the other chair.
"Sit down boy, and tell me who you are and what you are doing here"
Last edited by saskia on Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

[size=84]Bruce Springsteen[/size]

[size=75]http://www.dreslough.com[/size]
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

"Nobody ever is in a hurry to meet the Battle-General. But I will tell him you are requesting a talk with him"

Nicko nodded and indeed thought that no one would have ever liked to go to this man. "I hope I'm not in serious trouble, but better to think the worst can happen." His face smiled a weak smile, and his heart began to thump faster.

When the girl was asking the battle-general if he could come in Nicko tried to focus his mind on somewhat more pleasant things. He wondered how old the girl must be. He had always thought that if he was going to join the University, he expected to be the youngest fellow. But he could be wrong of course.

At that moment the girl returned to her own business again and he said, "thanks for helping me, but I don't know your name yet..."

He entered the battle-general's room slowly like he had some glue on his feet almost stopping him. The general had been a lot different than Nicko had in mind of him. He looked rather old to him, but despite of that he indeed looked like someone who had fought many battles. He had never seen a man with that many scars and cuts.

"Sit down boy, and tell me who you are and what you are doing here"

He looked at the other chair now just before him and hastily sat down in it. "Thank you very much sir, I haven't sit in a chair for almost a day." He blinked, there was no need now to give the man such unnecessary information."

"Now to come to the point I will. My name's Nicko and I'm looking forward to be studying here until I have become a fully skilled mage, a battle-mage to be precise."
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

The girl smiled at Nicko "My name is Flora" She had a nice, friendly smile. She held his gaze for a few breaths, then returned to her paperwork.

Nicko entered the office and sat down, answering the Battle-generals question.
The battle-General frowned: "Indeed son,but that's not what I asked you. FLora already told me your name, and of course you want to be a mage, otherwise you would not be here, would you ?"
His heavy eyebrows sank almost over his eyes, and his mouth dropped with displeasure.

"So why don't you cut the crap, and tell me where you come from, what kind of mage you wish to become (if you have the talents for it) and yes, tel me why you think you will make a good magic-user !"

His eyes seemed to look right into Nicko's soul, only a close look at them showed a thin blue veil clouding his eyes.
Nicko felt this was his last and only chance to get into the university. He'd better come up with a good and convincing answer this time, or he would need to find himself another career.
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

Nicko

Post by Nicko »

"So why don't you cut the crap, and tell me where you come from, what kind of mage you wish to become (if you have the talents for it) and yes, tel me why you think you will make a good magic-user !"

Nicko blinked with eyes at the change of the battle-general's appearance ánd his tone. he couldn't speak, and he had to swallow first to make a tiny sound. But he recovered quickly from his disorientated mind and began to think fast. What to say now! I don't think the clerk just a few burns ago wasn't that convinced of my stories, but I have to think of something else as soon as possible.

Nicko put on his most relaxed look he was able to now, and looked the battle-general straight in the eyes. Now let's talk and show him what he got before the man thinks you have nothing more to say, he said to himself, a bit like a motivation to cheer himself up.

"Sir, I was born in Dort as a son of a merchant. I came here for my life, magic is my future life. And I'm not thinking to give it up already. " Not a word was a lie. "If I don't get into studying at this University, I think I will die. One way or another. "That was true too. If he don't become a mage and kill his parents' murderer before Nicko died of age, he would die anyway. His hate for him would become Death himself.

"Also I think that I have the potential and] the drift to become a good mage. I promise that." That also was based on reality. With his skills already enhanced by his former teacher, this would be less difficult now. He had told nothing untrue, but he did mean something else with his story of course, but the battle-general didn't know that[/u]
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

The Battle-General grinned "Ah, well, at least you have a bit of spirit in you ! You would not survive one week here without it. Do you realise training here can be very hard ? We ask you to give all that you have, and more...We will teach and train you for years, and then we will assign you to a certain place or duty, until you have repaid us for training, feeding and clothing you.
Do you understand and accept this ? Are you willing to work as hard as you can ?"

the Battle-General looked stern at Nicko. Nicko suddenly realised that this man had not been appointed as Battle-General because he was such a nice man, or a very good organizer, but because he knew everything there was to know about magic and war.
Though not very tall, the Battle-General radiated an aura of greatness which was very intimidating.

Nicko

Post by Nicko »

"I fully understand the fact that training here is not the easiest to be done, and I so about the other things too. And I'm very willing to do the best I can, and even more." Nicko was getting nervous again, since he hadn't felt it within the room anymore and he tried to turn around as if he was to leave. But then he felt the letter, still in his hand. "Sir, I have something more for you. The clerk told me to hand it over to you." He walked at the office and handed the letter over to the stern-looking man. "What should I do now?"
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

The Battle-General clumsily accepted the letter, and put it on a stack at the side of his desk, without looking at it.

then he turned his attention to Nicko.

"You should get your things, and report to the clerk again. He will give you a place to sleep and show you around. Tomorrow your lessons will begin"

He smiled, a stern, but friendly smile
"Welcome to the university, son"

Nicko

Post by Nicko »

"You should get your things, and report to the clerk again. He will give you a place to sleep and show you around. Tomorrow your lessons will begin"

Nicko grimaced, he felt in his pockets and only found one small dagger and in the other one some dirt. yeah.. get all my things. well, there isn't much to get, now is there? But his 'things' didn't bother him very much. He had lived now on his own for a time and had learned to be satisfied with even the most little things. normal things, like food and drink. well.. get, he confiscated it. Nicko smiled. But some power in his life he did want to achieve, whether it is taking revenge on his parents' murderers or becoming a strong mage.

he began to sweat...

memories within the deep corners of his mind were beginning to return to his thoughts...

He saw a boy or was it a man.. screaming at a burning house. He didn't know who it was really, but somehow his hatred began to flow vividly. Mom! Dad! Nicko yelled, but no one in the crowd who were watching the fire eating away everything in the building turned around as if they had heard him. Then he heard another "Mom! Dad!" from within the house and it sounded like an echo but he realized it wasn't an echo at all. He saw his mother and father running towards the house. A tear went down his cheek. This was a memory, it couldn't be something else. His parents' were dead and he looked again at the odd boy still screaming at a man, who just jumped into the burning fires. for a long time what seemed like a full yaren he returned, with a few burns and scratches on his body, but he was alive. And he was holding a boy in his arms. Nicko's eyes widened...

Then everything was away

He was standing with a man in a room. He needed some time to remember where he was and why. He slowly moved his hand towards his face and felt at the now cold cheek. a tear, almost dried up by now but he still could feel some wetness of it. He wiped it away and turned his eyes to the man sitting behind a desk. "uhhh... uhmm.. yeah.. I will go get my things and report," he said like he was looking straight behind the man and his face was set as if he was paralised, "I will do so immediatly sir."

He turned around and walked as fast as he could toward the door and opened it and clicked it shut. In the corner of his eye he something but he ignored it whether it was the girl Flora or it was just nothing. He now walked in the long corridor again, regaining his normalities and wit. His became stern and he concentrated on the now, here and not there. He hoped he hadn't frightened the battle-general at all, Nicko hadn't been surprised if the mn thought he had two personalities back in that room.

Nicko laughed. It was kind of funny, oh what fun it would have been if he had looked at his own face then. Unfortunatly the things he saw in that 'dream' hadn't been so fun. he still saw the image of the boy who had been screaming when he closed his eyes. It was painful to see it and his anger was at his top now, but that only made him more concentrated on his task becoming a mage now. He saw the desk now and walked towards it, he thought the clerk were already watching him approach.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

OOC:
Welcome to the university. you can join all threads dated after your acceptance..

Nicko

Post by Nicko »

OOC: Is it not better to post the last one here and someone leading me to wherever you would want me to go (plotline?)

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”