Ye ol Forest (Kaliber and Lirariel)

Moderator: Mods

Kaliber Fireblade

Ye ol Forest (Kaliber and Lirariel)

Post by Kaliber Fireblade »

In a few burns a complete darkness appears out of nowhere and makes it impossible to get a general sense of direction. Strange images form and disappear before it is possible to discern their meaning. Silence and a feeling of peace make it impossible to discern the passing of time...

Slowly the darkness disappears as mist before the sun and a resilient forest floor becomes visible. It becomes apparent that this is not the real Tazlure. Strange purple colours mix with the clear blue of the sky and the trees radiate a silver light, their foliage a strange deep green. The sound of falling water, whispering with many voices, fills the forest with it strange music.

A thick mist appears out of nowhere and rolls out, slowly changing in appearance and taking the form of a white horse with a single horn that basks in a golden light. A soft soundless voice speaks: Welcome, traveller.
<hr>

Kaliber Fireblade stared wide-eyed as his surroundings shifted from pitch black to a realistic yet unreal forest.
”Oh this is definitely great. First I’m being engulfed by darkness and now this.” Kaliber then sighed and scanned his surroundings. The trees surely look weird, the sky even weirder but all of them looks real. He bent and touched the ground—rough and solid. He took in a deep breath—the air was fresh and smelled good. He strained his ears to listen—someone just called him traveler.

Kaliber jumped in surprised as he turned around and saw a strange looking horse talki—no perhaps it spoke yet it didn’t… He shook his head. The more he tried to comprehend things, the more his head ached. Better accept things as they were then.

“So I’m a traveler here huh? Well that’s good. At least I’m properly welcomed here, unlike back there in the Citadel. Come to think of it, where is the Citadel? And where is this?” Kaliber scratched his head and tried to concentrate and think. His head started to throb again, so he left the question unanswered. “Perhaps exploring the area would be better than thinking where this area is.”

Kaliber then casually left the mysterious horse, accepting the fact that the horse was only there because it was there. Humming a tune, the young human walked in an unhurried pace to where he thought north is.

"Geez it's quite lonely... I hope there are people in this wierd place..." Kaliber sighed as he continued walking.
Last edited by Kaliber Fireblade on Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lírariel Táraúmanyar

Post by Lírariel Táraúmanyar »

Lirariel danced on, through the woods, passing tree trunk and bushy bramble alike. Countless flowers passed beneath her feet in a whirl of colour. She was humming softly to herself, some ancient tune of Vanyatari. The birds came to rest on her mantle and she laughed a laugh that seemed to echo loud and clear through the woods. Her white raiment shone like starlight, and every step she took seemed to be over in a flash. This was a dream, she knew this, and she was but a traveller in this dream and had little power over it's course. Thus she danced on, singing to herself.

She rose her hands up to the sky and twirled and spun, each time the birds fluttered away and sung about in the air above her head. The sun seemed to beam down upon the grove. And yet she was oblivious to the figure that stood nearby.

Shadows did Lirariel percieve, the shadows of the trees fading off into deep forest. Yet she felt eyes in that shadow, eyes she had never felt before. Though with little heed she danced on, singing her merry tune and in that dream she felt as if the grandeur of her people was returned to her and she was once again in the gardens oustide her fathers home. This couldnt be Kislovan? she thought to herself, Not this time?.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

OOC: Kaliber, as in real Tazlure you can not create your own settings (see Da Rules and Ye'Ol Q&A thread). Could you please edit your post accordingly?
I'll wait to post something until that is done :).

Lirariel, I am curious. What do you mean by Vanyatari. It could mean a few things and I am curious which one you mean :)
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Lírariel Táraúmanyar

Post by Lírariel Táraúmanyar »

OOC: Its the name of Lirariel's mother
Kaliber Fireblade

Post by Kaliber Fireblade »

OCC: Hi I'm back! Sorry for the very very very very very very delayed reply. I was preparing for my big move-out-of-town thing back then so i didn't have much time to write stuffs. (i'm a bad writer when i'm soo busy') Anywayz since now everything's all right, i'm back to TAZLURE. yey! Uh i've already edited my post, so uh Lirariel.... uh if you don't mind, let's get back to where we started......... :oops:

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”