Research - Samheen 15th Eveningtide

Moderator: Mods

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Ashtallion stiffled a smile as Fauna led the now besotted Professor away, she had little to no idea who he was, yet another fact he found most amusing. But the elf had little time to dwell on such as the Head Librarian targeted him. Asht mentally cringed at the sight of the old dwarf, a faint pink hue now staining his fair and high elven cheeks, " My apologises, Sir.... I had trouble sleeping and decided to come and read some. ", he glanced towards the bookcase, " Though as Professor Peckerton politely pointed out, I am in a section that is somewhat out of my league at present. I must admit I was somewhat lost..... ", he managed what he hoped was a meek and apologetic smile, as though being lost in the Library would cause offense to the old Dwarf.

His eyes drifted once more to the retreating forms of the Professor and Fauna, before looking down towards the Librarian once more, " Perhaps you could point me in the right direction then, Sir..... I was looking for books centred on Battlemagicks, possibly aimed at my own... minor... level... "

Sidetracks

Post by Guest »

The librarian looked up at Ashtallion, his already wrinkled nose wrinkling a little more. What the expression really meant was unclear to the elf, but Ashtallion got the unpleasant impression that the dwarf was not exactly sure that the explanation sufficiently covered why his otherwise peaceful library had been disturbed. He grunted, though, and nodded, causing the spectacles on his knobby nose to dance a little.
“Come on then, lad, I’ll shew ye the wey to yer proper department. Follow me.”
The dwarf was off, but on his way came past the table where Fauna had been working. Noticing the book that lay there, he grabbed it and look at the front. “Hew’d tha get theer?” he mumbled audibly to himself. Then, without even taking notice of Ashtallion, he took it with him, apparently with the intent of putting it back on the proper shelf later. Then, he continued to a shelf more towards the front of the library, pointing to a couple of titles who were obviously meant for beginning battlemages.
“We donna have a lot ‘o them titles, as ye battlemages are no’ the bookish type. Thees are good, tho’, an ye’ll find them helpful enough.”
With that, he left Ashtallion, moving back towards the shelves that held the few books in the library on demonic affairs, and after putting the tome that Fauna had taken back where it belonged, continued putting the books on that shelf in order.
Meanwhile, Fauna had left the library with Peckerton.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Ashtallion supressed an exasperated sigh, and simply bowed his head to the Head Librarian, " My thanks, Sir. ", and with that, turned his eyes to the books, and despite not being what he had originally intended to search for, he did find himself somewhat engrossed in the titles of the few, but still oddly exciting volumes. He passed his fingers over the bindings, tracing the words with his fingertips. However, any further inclingation to leaf through the pages was lost to him, and so he simply turned, looking swiftly to see if the Dwarf was still nearby, but seeing no sign of him, Ashtallion made to leave the library.

Closing

Post by Guest »

And with that, peace returned to the library. After Ashtallion had left, the librarian returned to where the elf had stood, checking to see if he hadn't messed up his book ordering or disturbed the otherwise neat rows of books. Since he hadn't, the dwarf returned to his desk after checking one more time to see if the daemonological books were in order.

Not much later that night, professor Peckerton, who'd excused himself from Fauna as soon as he could - sadly, he was rather shy when it came to women and non-magickal issues, and assertive girls made him nervous - went up to the Arcane Research faculty. There he met with the recently appointed professor of Elementalism, Arden Somnovis. Their conversation was long, also because they knew each other well, and it was to shape events to come. But despite its length, the only point of conversation that could interest us for now was its beginning.
Slightly excited, the artificer met the elementalist in an empty lecture room.
"I think I may have found some students for the new hunting group, Arden."

Thus ends this thread

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”