Rimehold, Bergliin Tents: Hex (Samheen 14th)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex grinned with Alufast's comment.

"Promised to introduce me to their family later today? New Inn? Well, I know I picked up a trick or two to make myself look a little better but I did not realize that it meant I had to be introduced so fast." Hex's eyes were alight with merriment as she responded to the comments at the table between mouthfuls of food. It had been many years since she had enjoyed the simple delicacies of Trothgard.

"About the Kona, I was kinda looking for a more private discussion. I realize my reputation as a, well, lets leave that unsaid. The point is though I think I have brought enough discomfort to my family through my various adventures, I have no intention to start up again immediately upon my return. I have faith in what I believe, if I need to wait a day to seek private audience I shall. I think if I told the whole community that the Ice Queen herself plucked me out of the ocean and brought me home for some unknown reason, I think father would have to move his furnace out to water."

Hex gives her father a quick wink.

"None the less it is what I belive so lets leave it there. Now about these Hei-Bjorts, why are they interested in meeting me?." Hex twirled a loose strand of hair while waiting for the answer.

OOC: Why thank you, I think there is nothing wrong with your posts, thye are quite fine!. You are also very promt on skilling which is very nice. btw, could you send me an overview of my family as you see it? I have no idea what they look like, do, ect. thanks. :wink:
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Anarie Laezuriel

Post by Anarie Laezuriel »

Solarin cleared his throat looking a bit embarassed at the furnace comment. "No reason daughter mine. Gisella and Otto are friends with a son of that family and I thought It'd be nice that they get to know ye. Later Im sure ye'll be wantin to go see your friends . . . but umm . . .Well Kiran made a suggestion this morning. What if they came here then they could meet the Hei-bjorts and your family." He tried to hide embarassment. Kiran just smiled and Gisella and Otto both seemed happy about it.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex holds her head in her hands for a moment before looking back to her father.

"I was quite unkind to them upon our arrival here. I hope that they will still speak to me. I still have not quite adjusted to the way things are done here now."

Shaking her head and smiling weakly at her family...

"I guess I was still living in the past. The adjustment should not take too long though. From what I have gathered Trothgard is moving more towards a lifestyle of the other Isles. I hope that with that shift in ideology that the people of Trothgard do not loose that which the essence of themselves."

Hex pauses for a moment to contemplate some of the blank stares looking back at her.

"What I mean is that I never want the people here to change."

A look of devious intent crosses over Hex's face then as she looks about herself.

"Speaking of change, I realize that I have been contemplated on my looks but perhaps I should wear something other than my night dress. So Gisella why have you not pursued this son of the Hei-bjorts? Or would you rather I wear my angry face when we meet?"

Hex winks at Otto and laughs. Her laughs fades though as she looks at her father.

"Oh father I almost forgot as I wished to forget. During the storm that landed me back on this shore I lost my Glaive. Belive me father I did all I could to find it but the waves were too large and I never learned to swim. I am sorry. I would like to work with you to make another."

Looking back to Gisella and regaining her jovial out look,

"So sister? Does a Troll have your tounge?"
~
Anarie Laezuriel

Gisella blushed a deep shade of crimson as the name of her crush came up in discussion. "He . . . He isn't my type." Otto burst out laughing knowing that was the farthest from the truth. Sartonis shared in the mirth until Hex told him that she had lost her weapon. "You LOST it?! How dare you do such a thing . . . oh you are woe to our family." He spoke almost as if he was serious and nearly everyone thought he was until he lost his concentration and started laughing. He held is rather ample gut, chuckling with mirth. "Awww, me daughter! I'm just havin a bit'o fun with ya. Now if ya want a new one, best be havin Otto make ya one. Me boy is quite the smithy, better'n me leastwise." The father of the household gave an exaggerated wink at his youngest and largest son.

It seemed that any harsh feelings the elder male had the night before were gone. Blown away by the wind. Most emotions in Trothgard were like, they changed by the day if not more so. No doubt Kiran had had a hand in changing her father's mood.

OOC: I will have that family sheet ready for you by next week. :-)
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex shared in the mirth that flowed around her. The hairs on the back of her neck raised up when her father mocked her but she shook her head at how easily he had been able to rile her. Giving her sister Kiran a look as her father laughed, she reached over and gave her sisters hand a bit of a squeeze.

"So, when are these Hei-bjorts coming? I would like to meet this friend of Gisella that is not her type. Should we send someone down to this new Inn of ours to fetch my friends?"

Hex started to fuss with her hair again. Standing up..

"So, who wants to help me get dressed? Oh, Otto, any chance you could have that Glaive done by tomorrow?" Hex give her brother a bemused look and a wink.

"Perhaps we could talk later. Well sisters, who is going to help me look presentable?"
~
Anarie Laezuriel

Otto's gruff voice laughed at his sister. "Ye look good enough ta me. Since when 'ave ye needed to primp me sister?" His laughter rolled out of his barrel chest with the booming of thunderheads.

Gisella felt uncomfortable sitting here waiting for Sigwulf and his family to come. "We do not go to the tavern to meet them Father? I am anxious to see this elf friend of Hex's" She looked at her red-haired sister with a grin pulling at the corners of her little mouth.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex looked at her sister sideways, a glint in her eyes..

"Well sister since you seem so eager for me to see your friend, let us then go to the inn. I still need to get dressed though."

Walking over to Otto and crouching down next to him.

"Dear brother, on my many journeys to far away places I have learned that one can win a fight before one even needs to think of swinging, although, if you wish to test what I have learned when it comes to the fight, just ask, or make some other comment about my primping."

Hex gives the rest of her family a wink.

"Perhaps I could show you a thing or two about primping and we could attract some nice woman for you? Humm, in fact I think you should come with us to the Inn, you should see all of the women that washed on shore."

Leaving it at that Hex went back to Kiran's room to busy herself getting ready.

While her sisters went about helping her find a better outfit, Hex decided to take the time to "primp" herself, Hex wove some of the green ribbon into her hair.

Hex was never one to "take the time". Most of her life she had thrown on whatever was closest, tied her hair back and walked out the door. During her travels, especially her time in Dort had taught her that she need not always carry her toughness on the outside and that perhaps there are time to achieve a victory with honey rather than the fist. Her fist though, was always ready. Her face had many small scars and some large ones, thoses she was proud and would never do anything to cover them, but what could it hurt to freshen up ones appearance?

Hex smiled to herself as she got ready, hopefully she could smooth things over with the rest of her boat crew.
~
Anarie Laezuriel

OOC: Sorry about the delay! I am swamped down with homework! College stinks sometimes. :P Anyways Ill make this short and sweet so you can get to the inn for some interaction.

IC:

Hex and her family walked down the road, passing children and adults alike on their way to the newest bulding in Rimehold.

A few children stared and pointed at Hex, making whispers to their playmates who either giggled or just stared in slack jawed wonder.

The North Star stood above the family homesteads like a beacon in a storm. It's two story structure looked warm and inviting even from this distance. Kiran smiled and squeezed her shorter sisters shoulder. "Are ye ready?" With that they entered the North Star Tavern.

(Hex continued: Rimehold, North Star Tavern: Miscellaneous (Samheen 15th))[/url]
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trothgard Archive”