Fall Cleaning in order?

For all your questions and concerns about the website, forums, charactersheet creator, etc...Please come here to report any bugs or glitches you discover!

Does the Forum need a good cleaning?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:23 pm

Yes, I agree with you.
100%
No, I do not agree with you.
No votes
Yes, I agree it needs cleaning but perhaps with different circumstances and/or a different checkpoint date.
No votes

Total votes: 1

Duran Lonnehgren

Fall Cleaning in order?

Post by Duran Lonnehgren »

Though I am not a moderator and as such I have little authority, I believe that many of you will agree about what I have to say.

The Forum is in need of cleaning. The whole thing.

I have noticed that many of the topics that I have something to say about ,the OOC end of the forum, are about long dead topics. Topics dead for over a year. Now even in the IC sections I have noticed many a topic that has not been posted in for quite some time.

Now I believe that things that have not been posted in for over 3 months, has lost it's relevency to...well..yeah.

So, I propose that the all threads not posted in since June 15th, 2004 be deleted. That would exclude Synch Events since those are, as it seems, what form the history of Tazlure. Also, that would exclude any announcements that are directly in efect today such as rule changes and such that have not yet been listed in the rules section, new items not listed, ect..

Not trying to seize power or anything but I'm just wondering if maybe you guys would agree with what I have to say.
Last edited by Duran Lonnehgren on Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

First of all I would like to say thanks for thinking with us and trying to help.

But there are several reasons why we keep topics older then June.
The IC topics tell a story, the older, finished ones are usually put into the archives when we need room in those forums. But they tell a story, players can look back on older threads of themselves or relevant issues. New players can get a sense of what has been happening and how this game is played.

The OOC threads are usually announcements or rules. We post them to make players aware of things like rules or opportunities. New players come in every day. They also need to know what is going on. It is in these threads, that sometimes are older then 3 months, that they can find this information.
Now I agree, some topics could be removed, others can be updated. But this all costs time and we don't have the time to keep everything up to date all of the time. Besides that, deleting all threads not posted in since june is too harsh. We think that would be a waste of valuable information. So what I'm trying to say is that yes, it might seem that some threads are too old, but it is the price we are willing to pay to keep the info and to be able to put our effort into the modding, which is why the players have joined this game in the first place.

I hope this clarifies things for you :)
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Duran Lonnehgren

hmmm....well...Rule changes and such don't effect new players, assuming the new rules or changes have been listed on the main website and that the new players have actually read them. I do now agree about the threads building a story and such, aving just learned that someone who has been here for almost 2 years has only seen the passing of 14 days in-game. But atleast things older than January 1st should be deleted, or atleast moved so they are still here but out of site of the newer relevent topics.

Also, with the time thing, people like me have lots of time on our hands. Sure school for me starts tomorrow but I'll be awake at home between the hours of 6:00 A.M. to 6:50 A.M. And about 3:15 P.M. untill about midnight when I go to sleep. I rarely do my homework anyways and if I do it takes little time...I just sit on my computer and try to write my book or..read on the couch...or sleep..or eat...post on all the forums i'm a regular at..work on projects with Macromedia Flash MX 2004, or..play video games occasionally..so again, people like me have alot of time on our hands. Especially on weekends.
Last edited by Duran Lonnehgren on Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

A bit offtopic, but you should join our IRC chatroom, I think the chatting works better there then on the boards posting in so many topics at once ;)
Duran Lonnehgren

yep..I made an edit to my last post..was a little slow on it. Anyway, I have alot of time on my hands for things like cleaning up forums..hyperposting(lol..) and stuff. My days are dull and I'm insanely board, just waiting until that damned Grant or somebody can approve my sheet! He doesn't come online so much does he? lol...(I'm gonna have to get used to a slow forum aren't I?)
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

If you have too much time on your hands, I might be able to help you. I have a great idea for you to make in flash :)
Duran Lonnehgren

hmmm...I not at all very skilled ( just learning..trial and error sort...) but I have a few partners who can help with Art and Actionscript. What's your idea?
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

LOL! Grant has a real life?

You will have to get used to the fact that as far as moderators are concerned you'll have two to three posts a week. Find some players to interact with and that will multiply fast :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Duran Lonnehgren

You got yourself hidden don't you? Sneaky little bugger...anyway.. what's the deal with Wednesdays? You get wednesdays off from work or something?
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Hehe.. no.. its evening in the Netherlands so you'll find our dutch staff, including myself, online during these hours.

And I'm always hiding, so you don't know when I'll sneak up on you ;)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Duran Lonnehgren

ah...good to know. Also be great if my char was approved or atleast i was told what else needed to be done. I'm diein' here. Seriously. I'm bored out of my mind.

Return to “Technical Q&A”