In Darkness I Cannot Find My Way: Samheen 23rd (closed)

Moderator: Mods

Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

The Coyote was an impatient man. His first inclination was to place a swordblade in the groove and see what happened. Yet, Gavin's words forestalled him. He supposed that there was probably a high chance of a trap being present ... something like a flood of water to wash them down the stairs. Being tired from the climb, the Black Knight was happy to let Gavin investigate such things. Stepping back, he let the big man move about to demonstrate his suppositions.

All the while, he pondered the nature of this place and why the wall was different. It suggested that this was the end of the tower's influence. Perhaps this was the way out. At this point, he was ready to depart, having been convinced that there was little he could accomplish in the fortress.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Here, the ceiling was only a couple of handbreadths higher than Gavin's reach and so easily discernable, unlike the eeriely blackness they had found in the keep above them or the towering cavern they had come from. The big man's inspection of the ceiling and the holes in the wall revealed nothing. If there were something in the holes, the light did not reveal it. In fact, given the position of the marks, it looked as if a torch had once hung on the wall here but had been torn out of the wall.

Focused on her own plight, that of the sleeping naked female she was carrying, Amica's slap to the girl's face did indeed manage to open Tahnne's eyes.

"No more," the woman cried out. "Please, I'll do whatever you want, no more... no more..." she broke into sobs of despair as she curled into a tight ball, trying to protect herself from her tormentor.

"Solitary. Alone," followed another voice, this one not heard with the shaman's ears. Rather, it was a soft fleeting thought that drifted in and out on the edges of Amica's awareness.

"Since cubhood, two are one. Separation makes fear," the cryptic words were accompanied by swift pictures of a very large dark cat and a small blonde girl child following him about and a quick flash of her at an older age in a group of cats and females all dressed the same, she kneeling as a necklace of sorts was slipped over her head.

"Evil separates the two," the voice continued on. "Evil stole skin. Join female and skin," and the picture of the hide hanging on the wall behind the woman as she was being tortured flashed through the shaman's thoughts.

[hr][/hr]
In her jungle paradise, Rosalie's defiance pulled a chuckle from her stalker. "Ah, the fight's not gone out of you yet. Your fear is.... delicious," he growled the last words softly. "Still, no need to..." he stopped suddenly as his prey leapt from the tree and made her bid for freedom. Behind her, she heard the abrupt yap of the wolves as they raced after her, growling viciously.

As she raced towards the welcoming yellow light, the warmth grew, melting the bone chilling cold that had been gnawing at her hands and feet for some time. It also stopped the yapping canine's dead in their tracks. In the circle of warmth and light, the vegetation had a more normal look, the atmosphere a more typical feel.

And in the center of the circle of light, the source of all this lay on the ground, a fist-sized yellow stone that was cyrstalline in nature. While the warmth Rosalie felt streamed from the stone, it was not hot to the touch. On the contrary, it was cool, smooth and pleasing to the touch.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin was quite oblivious to the world around him. The wall presented a mystery. One that he intended to solve. Circular traces indicate a door. But, lack of traces on the ceiling means nothing. Most probably it is a revolving door with a central axis of rotation. Heh, I sound just like Abner now. The problem is making it move. I suspect brute strength won't avail us much here.

So, his attention was turned back to the holes in the wall. This must be the way to activate the mechanism. A torch is a smart way of disguising a lever. Only, I would not place it so close to the door it opens. I presume it was pulled down to open the door. So, the central hole holds the activation button. Or, at least should. And the fact that there is no torch here now suggest someone tore it out. Only one question remains. Why?

The big man turned to Amica. He crouched next to her and watched as she slapped Tahnne back into consciousness. It was good to see it worked, but he had other duties now.

"Amica. Could you lend me your knife. I think I can move the wall out of our way, but I need something long and thin. I'll return it as soon as I am done."
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

Rosalie was in a hurry, her blood rushing, her breath labored. Hastily she looked behind her for a flicker, as if she could see the wolves once again in the distance. Was HE following her or did he leave that to his servants?

There was no time. She could be inspecting the stone all tide, but she had no talent for magick and so what was the use? Instead she reached out for the crystal, feeling its smooth touch and cradeling is cool touch to her breast, wondering what to do with it. Experimentally she brought it to her eye, to look through.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

It was no knife at all, though Amica called it that as well. It was in fact a short sword, a blade nearing two feet that she used more for skinning, cooking, digging, or...perhaps opening concealed doorways than any real fighting. She pulled the blade from her waist and handed it up to Gavin without a glance, still focusing with some intensity upon Tahnne's strained, difficult words. The skin.

"I must go back. She who Walks with Cat must have the pelt from Cat that was upon the wall behind her," she declared to both men. And while she didn't relish the task, she knew it would be best if she were to race back alone. She was fast on her feet...a very practiced runner...and she could descend the lengthy stairs quickly were she unencumbered with Tahnne's not overly significant weight. "You must guard Tahnne while you decipher the secret of this door, you both see. I will race back to where we battled Black Beast's guardians and recover the pelt she needs to recover," she declared, rising up and collecting Annuire. She didn't bother to collect her knife from Gavin...she wouldn't need it...but she would indeed need the light from her enchanted glaive.

Thinking fast, she pressed on. "You must not wait for me. If I fail...if Black Beast traps me...then my fate lies with you just as it does with Rosalie'Lo'Russo, for he may give me to suffer as she suffers," and Telnas, who might also be lost in this terrible hell. We were once eight...and now they are but two. "If I do not fail, I will return quickly and with Skin of Cat that will recover Tahnne and give us to know of her journey here. Will you watch over her?"
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin was immersed in the puzzle he was trying to solve, but still heard Amica. She seemed to have solved a puzzle of her own. Her knife was in his hand as he turned to the girl. Yet, she did not ask for it.

"Hurry. We will wait for five burns after the door is opened. If you are not here by then, we will proceed. I shall try to leave the door open, but if I fail, I'll leave some sort of marks to allow you to follow us. Your knife will be waiting for you on this side."

He almost turned and went back to the mechanism, and remembered something. I do not like this. I do not like it one bit. Tahnne might be a spy. Already she separates us. But, it is your choice. So, the warrior just placed his hand on Amica's shoulder and whispered.

"Good luck. And take care. We shall meet once more."

Without waiting for reply he just turned towards the holes in the wall and placed the blade of shaman's knife in the groove where the torch was. He dragged it down trying to keep a steady pressure to it. Once (if) the blade reached the bottom hole he would place it such that he could slide it in and then try to wriggle it to see if it triggered anything.

For now, the two upper holes would be ignored, but if this did not work he would have to explore them. But, it was his hope that it would not be necessary and that the door would open while Amica was still there.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Determined to rid herself of the burdening weight of the blonde female, Amica ran back down the stairs, through the chamber with the clear waters and started back up to retrieve the skin. Meanwhile, Gavin slipped the short sword into the narrow channel, and pulled down. It caught on something and the big man could feel it start to move, though resistantly as if it were rusted or unused for a very long time. More than once the blade slipped and lost leverage, requiring Gavin to reposition it and try again. Slowly, it edged upwards.

In the forest, Rosalie had managed to outrun the snarling wolves, as they stopped just outside the intense circle of light the stone projected. As she reached for the glowing gem, the silvery sounds of the hunter's voice filled her.

"That is not a wise thing to do. You don't know what..." the deep sensuous voice stopped as she grabbed the stone and held it to her chest. Immediately, the forest around her vanished and she stood just a few steps from the stairwell she had exited so many burns ago, the brightly lit stone still grasped in her hands. The cavern was empty. The dead minion of the hunter lay on the floor where the blonde woman had been and the shiny black hide of the cat hung on the wall.

Persistence on the part of Gavin, accompanied by the Black Knight, paid off and with a pop, the lever snapped upwards. and the wall began to swing inwards. Groaning and grating as if in great pain, the bottom portion of the wall opened up revealing a vast darkness that echoed as if it were a very large space.

Meanwhile, below the two men, Amica cleared the last few steps and burst into the room where Rosalie had awakened a few burns earlier. ((OOC: Rosalie.. I am not going to say Amica found Rosa, as she might have done something else during this time, but I didn't want to wait for another post from Rosa to finish this action.)) The skin was where it had been, nailed to the wall. ((Assuming Rosa hasn't done anything with it. No reason she should, but one never knows with PCs. )
Last edited by Shaeliana on Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

Nodding only once to Gavin, Amica rose and gathered up Annuire, it's green, irredescent light visible to her alone in this strange world of dreams. She was off then, racing down the long, spiraling path back to the cavern of clear water, moving far too fast for exploratory caution, until she reached the pool itself. Here she paused for a breather, glancing around the walls and into the pool once more, seeing it differently now that she had no great burden upon her shoulders. Sparing only the time it took her to walk the length of the cavern, she dashed off again, this time up the next flight of stairs that would lead her back to the oval chamber in which they had battled Black Beast's torturers, a chamber that would now be clear of her steam magics.

Crouching down at the threshhold to the chamber, Amica peered within carefully, checking towards the wall where she saw the needed pelt. She also scanned the room for any new guardians or perhaps for Telnas or Rosalie'lo'Russo, both of whom were lost to them here. "'Ushki a'non," she chanted, electing against the fog this time in favor of her own runes of protection and defense, for she must see to complete her task. Two are joined as one at birth? she thought, recalling Tahnne's words. I have considered Cat to be her totem. Did Cat come to her at birth and claim her? Do all her people take Cat as their totem? Or was this her power alone? she pondered, leaning Annuire against the nearby wall as she would not need it's light to see in the rather well-illuminated chamber.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"Hah. There we are."

As the blade caught on something Gavin smiled in satisfaction. Yet, the smile faded after a couple of burns of struggle. He even began to sweat, but would not give up. Each time the blade slipped he cursed silently and tried once more. And then once more. Come on, damn you. Don't resist now. I've got you beaten. It is only a matter of time. So you might as well give up.

And in the end it was just what happened. The big man jumped back shielding Tahnne's prone form from what may lurk beyond. But, nothing came. The door opened in full and Gavin peered in the darkness for many flickers before he finally relaxed. By that time his breathing steadied and the sweat began to cool down.

"We'll wait for five burns here and then we go. I'll carry the girl and you take the lead. All right? I'll just leave a message for Amica so she could follow us if the door closes. It won't take long."

He turned away from Coyote and stood facing the wall. For a flicker he pondered how to proceed and then started scratching a crude picture into the wall next to the lever. And he started counting flickers as he etched it so he would know when five burns have passed.

The picture was no work of art. It depicted a simply drawn man holding a stick and pulling it down. The stick looked to be imbedded in the wall the man was facing. An arrow pointed downward and at its end he placed the long knife Amica gave him. It might serve the purpose he intended, but he really hoped the door would remain open.

With that done, he crouched next to Tahnne and touched her cheek. For a flicker he pondered whether to leave her here or not, but decided against it. If Amica returns she might be weary. I will carry the girl for now. She can take over later. And we must make haste. Rosalie is in danger.

"Come, girl. Time to move on. And pray that Amica returns soon. We are going into the heart of this thing and you are not fit enough. But, enough talk, we must move on."

Gently he picked the girl up and placed her just as he showed Amica. He was tired, but would not admit so. And he would go until he could stand. No stopping until you are dead. Keep on walking. And woe to those who are in your way.

"Shall we go? I am ready. Warn me if you see any trouble."

He waited for the Coyote, but was ready to proceed on his own if the man made no move. He was quite prepared to do it by himself. Now your true colors show. What will you do? What will you do, Coyote?
Rosalie Marcada

Rosalie opened her eyes and she was no longer in the forest, clutching the yellow orb close to her chest, still shuddering from both the passion and the fear that the hunter caused in her. She looked around the room, not having any torch with her but the orb spreading its strong yellow light.

"Amica," the Mouthie lady gasped "We must hurry. I sought to distract the hunter, then I escaped him with this orb." She held it out to the shaman, uncertain what to do with it. Would it chase away the presence of the hunter for ever? "I.. I don't know what it is.. but it took me away from HIM."

Seeing as it was just the two of them Rosalie admitted as only women amongst women do "Oh Amica.. how can evil be so seductive? My limbs nearly melted as I ran from him. He lusts after us, lusts after our fear and our pain. He will come hunt us again. I.. I am not sure how long I could resist a second time."
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

It was Rosalie, returned to them again and bearing...something...but it was not what was in her hands that drew her attention, but instead the look in her eyes. Fear might have been there...fear and helplessness...or perhaps the memory of those things that challenged her in the way Black Beast challenged them all. She had been taken on her own spirit quest, and she had been hunted by that which threatened to overcome her by her own submission.

Reaching out, Amica did not touch the sphere in Rosalie's hands, but she placed her hands over hers. She was a short woman, much shorter than any of the People, but she was not unpleasantly so...not bone and strap as the Tree People. She met Rosalie's gaze with an almost embarrased one herself. "I know not why the evil and the unnatural attract us so, Rosalie'Lo'Russo. Is this a great failing in us? Do not know shame for this. I have...lain with the Dragon, and despite the pain of him, I am powerless to deny him should he come to me again," she admitted aloud, the memory of her gasped, strangled shrieks of pain as she demanded the Peshawgo continue still fresh in her mind as if she only just come from their bed. "We will not give Black Beast another chance to overcome you. Take down the skin upon the wall there, and we will race ahead to rejoin Gavin and Coyote...and we will remain together to resist what Black Beast sends to lure us to oblivion."
Rosalie Marcada

A dragon? Rosalie's amber eyes widened slightly. The biological impossibilities shocked her. Surely Amica was using a figure of speech, just as when she referred to Black Knight as Coyote. Yes, surely it must be that. Rosalie nodded to Amica, in apparant understanding. It was good that the women in the group stood together.

The petite lady, for Amica was small, but Rose was even smaller, ran to the wall where the hide of the cat was still attached and tugged at it, hoping to pull it away, using the crystal to illuminate her way. "What have you found downstairs? More rooms?"
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

The Black Knight stood back as if he expected the secret door to be a trap of some kind, ready to flee if necessary. When, instead, a vast expanse lay on the other side, he moved up to shine his lantern light into the darkness. He was looking for stairs or ramps to follow,. Hopefully, there would be no creatures on the other side.

"This must be our path," he mumbled as he glanced at Gavin. He was content to let the big man lead if he preferred, after they waited the five burns. He was anxious to be on his way.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

It took no small amount of work for Amica and Rosalie to free the pelt from the wall. Amazingly, the skin was already tough as if it had been cured and did not tear easily while the wall held onto the metal spikes embedded in it like a barnacle on a ship. Nothing impeded their work and in fact, some blood on the ground was the only remaining indication of what this cavern had one contained.

Meanwhile, the two men examined the darkness before them. Coyote's lantern revealed little, the space was so vast. However, one thing was certain. They were back in the fortress itself, the black polished stones of the fortress radiating cold, while the air itself was warm. Above, the sorcerer's eyes could see the sparkling blue crackles of light, looking like hundreds of tiny sparks of lightening. As he studied the space to see what might be there, a set of broad black steps shimmered into existence before him.

Back below, Rosalie and Amica finally managed to break the soft silky fur free. There was no resistance as they fled back down the stairs, through the cavern with the crystal pool and back up, though the steep steps caused their legs to burn with the effort of climbing so quickly. There they found the two men examining the dark expanse, which had to be huge given the echos of any noises they made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

Yanking the pelt from the wall was perhaps more arduous than she had expected, but it came with some effort, freeing the skin such that it could be rolled up and carried away. "There is only a cavern below, and more steps, Rosalie...and then we will rejoin Gavin and Coyote," she offered. "We must run quickly, for they will leave us behind if we do not hurry. They wait for us only so long," she proclaimed, rolling the pelt around Annuire such that it could be carried more easily.

And off they raced, back down the steps...through the open cavern...up the opposite steps...and to the men, Amica moderating her progress to account for the short wet lander woman that perhaps did not run so often. Rising up at the top of the stairs once more, Amica paused to catch her breath and unrolled the skin. "This one has found Rosalie'Lo'Russo, returned to us," announced Amica quietly and motioning to Rosalie. "She has seen many things since last we saw her...a challenge of her own, perhaps?" she murmured.

Turning next to She who Walks with Cat, Amica unrolled the pelt for Tahnne. "I have brought the skin, as you have requested of me, Tahnne. It is...beside you now," she declared, watching the rather bare woman carefully as she leaned Annuire against a wall both for it's light as well as to free her hands to assist the strange woman in her hopeful recovery.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Never had blue sparkling lights been more welcomed. The Coyote grinned behind his visor. He was a god again! If only he could have such power in the waking world!

"Light!" he commanded, as he envisioned a thousand points of light floating at various altitudes in the great expanse. The light would be equal to daylight he told himself, willing it to be so. He would discover the secret of this expanse before he took his leave. This appeared to be the final step out, but one needed to exercise a modicum of caution first.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin followed Coyote into the big cavern. He regretted the fact that his armor was not as comfortable as Amica's shoulders have been. So Tahnne would be in some discomfort, but it could not be helped. They needed to move on. And so they did.
It was with split feelings that he realized they were back in the fortress now. For one it was good they had the dream powers back, but also it meant that they could not touch the floor and that they needed to be careful of what they thought about.

Then the sound of movement came from behind them and he reached for his sword over Tahnne. He did not let go of her yet. It could be Amica. But, he was ready.

"Coyote. Someone comes. Get ready."

It was relief he felt when he saw Amica. It was surprise he felt when he saw Rosalie. She looked a bit strange and there was blood on her hand. She is wounded. But, she seems all right. Tahnne is in greater need of help. He eased his grip on the sword, but did not let go. Only when shaman spoke did he relax. It is her. No one else speak in that way.

"Welcome back. Place the skin on the ground please. The ground is freezing once more. It might hurt Tahnne."

"He waited for Amica to unroll the skin before he gently placed the tortured woman on the ground. He kept his hand under her neck so she would not bang her head and the left the shaman to tend for her. He himself turned to the other girl and took her hand in his.

"Glad to see you are with us once more. Show me your arm. You look hurt. Let me see if I can bind the wounds. I have no healing supplies here, but I can see what can be done."
Rosalie Marcada

The petite lady gave Gavin a warm smile when he finally appeared in the darkness, nodding to the Black Knight as well. The presence of the girl who had been attached to the wall did not come as a great surprise. Why else had they taken the catskin?

With surprise Rosalie stared down at her own body, however, upon Gavins words, to see the scratches that had torn open her skin. She had forgotten all about them. "You are kind, Gavin," she murmurred "Just a bit of cleaning will do I think. It wasn't more than skindeep."

The petite lady in the halfdressed Condotierre uniform with its white shirt and black breeches, was still clutching the yellow glowing crystal, holding it out as if it was some kind of beacon and indeed it had provided them light earlier. There had been a warning attached to this globe, one Rosalie never heard in full. She wondered if it was just trickery from the Hunter.

"We must hurry," Rosalie urged, her breath still a tad labored, which the memory of that sensous man did not help "He is no longer distracted and will come to hunt for our fears" and our passion "annew. There is a way out however. I've learned that much. Only if we can run hard enough, and really WANT it enough. I do not know what this crystal is, however it dispelled the Hunter when I took it up."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Whether there was a need or not it was not important. She was hurt and he would bind her wound. Carefully the warrior examined her hand as she spoke. Running? No, there will be no running. For me at least. I will see this to the end. We are not visitors, we are spirit warriors as Amica said. We have come here with a purpose. And I will not turn and run if the going gets tough. It may be hard and difficult, but I go on. It was then that he noticed his backpack was gone. He only bothered to summon back his clothing, his armor and his sword. And he regretted the fact now.

Still, there was no help for that. And since this was supposed to be a dream, broken objects will be whole once he was awake. So he took hold of one of his most prized possession and tore a strip from the cloak he wore. Were the circumstances any different he may have hesitated or even chose some other part of the clothing. Here, the only thing that mattered was for the girl to feel better.

"I will not run. This became personal. The moment he changed the course of that knife, I knew nothing but his death would end this. I do not want to risk him invading my dreams in the future. But, the choice is yours. I will stay and see this to the end." As he spoke the big man carefully wiped away the blood on Rosalie arm. He was careful not to touch the wound itself for he did not wish to open it. After the wound was as clean as he could manage he would tear another strip and wrap her arm to protect the wound from infection. He only regretted he had no more of those calendula compresses he bought on the market.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

As if lit by hundreds of chandeliers hanging in the expanse, the cavernous room was suddenly flooded with almost blinding light. No part of the room was left in darkness, save the ceiling which still faintly flickered with the blue lights. It was as if the light could not penetrate the darkness that supported or perhaps was the blue flashes.

Huge, the rectangular room was pretty much empty. Sporadic benches lined the walls and large tapestries hung here and there on the walls, but the floor was open and empty. Thousands of individuals could congregate here without feeling crowded. To the party's right, were two sets of large doors. To the party's left was a platform which supported two large, ornate thrones. Behind the thrones, satiny curtains of a dark crimson hung, waving slightly as if there was some bit of air current in the large room.

The arrival of Amica and Rosalie, with the shining yellow stone, added no more light but did bring a deeper warmth to the color and feel of the room, despite the fact that the floor was icy to the touch. As Gavin laid the woman on the pelt as instructed, the woman moaned, turned on her side and pulled the fur around her. Next to Tahnne, a shadowy figure materialized. Head as tall as Amica's waist, the cat was large and slender - regal looking. Vivid green eyes blinked and looked up at the woman of the sands. Though all could see the massive feline, only Amica heard the voice.

Thank you, it purred through the shaman's thoughts. In a small time she will find her way back, the silky voice added.

Where is home for you, it asked tilting the large sleek head to one side. Not here for all who can speak are claimed in youth."
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

Crouching off to watch Tahnne after Gavin placed her over the pelt, Amica rubbed at her eyes furtively, the red skin there complaining in a very familiar way, for she still held the burns from Aeis' savage attack earlier. She watched the woman closely, only perhaps half aware of her comrades...she was tired, and she was pleased to rest for a time...before she inspected the room beyond the secret door more carefully, having not known what to expect.

Her mind wandered back to the crystal-clear waters of the natural cavern below. How pleasant it would be to bathe in the waters for a time, to bathe and rest and recuperate. Already she could feel the weight of her efforts dragging upon her, giving her steps to falter and her resolve to fade. Another chamber...another challenge. Will it be our final challenge? she thought, glancing at Gavin when he declared himself bound to defeat Black Beast.

"I would welcome escaping Black Beast, Gavin," admitted Amica hesitantly. She did not wish to sound a coward, but hers was a world full of challenges that were meant to be survived before they were defeated. Some challenges could not be defeated. "Unless we might forget all which makes us fear, then Black Beast will only remain strong. You cannot defeat the burning sun or the coming Winter. You can only prepare for them and escape their wrath. I have not yet seen sign of Black Beast save for the faces we have given him from our own hearts. Will we go on facing our own fears and weaknesses forever? And if we do this, are we not His prisoners in this doing?"

"Let us do as Rosalie would have of us. Let us escape Black Beast, for we cannot fail if we attempt as much. If Black Beast would not have us escape, then He must then come to us to stop us..." Amica smiled weakly "...and we will face Him at last."
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Approaching footsteps caused him to ready his weapon, but he was gratified to discover it was Rosalie who joined them. "Yes, let us leave this place. The Black Beast bores me," he announced with a yawn. Now that he had his god-like powers back, he could resume his confident air.

The sight of the thrones was appealing. He could not help but wonder what it would feel like to sit upon the throne looking out upon an adoring throng of beautiful courtiers who would obey his every whim. Perhaps Rosalie, under different circumstances, might like to sit beside him. Amica was too much a creature of the wild to enjoy such feelings of power.

The crimson curtains behind the thrones moved as if there were a doorway or window behind. Perhaps it was worth checking. "Maybe the exit is behind the curtain," he announced coolly. It might just be another trap, but with his renewed powers, he felt ready.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin was wrapping Rosalie's hands when Amica spoke. Luckily his hand were occupied as he listened, so his mind was clear. For him it was helpful to keep his hands busy while thinking. He found that his judgment was clearer and his reasoning better when he did something like that. Usually it was sharpening his sword, but this one helped too. And, thus he realized that shaman was right. Don't be an idiot, Gavin. She speaks the truth. You don't have to destroy every foe. As he spoke his hands were deftly wrapping Mouthie's arm and with a satisfied nod he let go of it and turned towards Amica.

"You are right once more. I hate it, but you are right. My pride and my thick head have gotten me in trouble before. He feeds on our fears. I know that. When that knife struck Coyote it was my fear. And when Rosalie was taken it was me, too. And I think he knew it." I fear that the others will suffer for my actions. That my loved ones will be hurt. "I do get lost sometimes and do stupid thing. I wish I had someone like you at my side to guide me when I do." He sighed and smiled. "What I want to say is that I agree. We are leaving this place. I am tired and wounded. Just like you and Rosalie. So choose our way. We did vote you our leader. Though I do not think if what Coyote says is wise. The passage behind the throne, if there indeed is a passage there, probably leads deeper into this place. On the other hand I might be wrong and this might be nothing but a trick. So whatever you choose I agree with. Let us just get out of this place."

With that he put the end to that matter. And he knew he acted right. Although it ached him to do so. That pride was an integral part of him and he rarely ignored it like he did now. And besides, if the woman is right we might still meet him. And, I might still get my chance to fight him. But, only if there is no other way. I owe her that. Damned woman, how can she be so right all the time?
Rosalie Marcada

Rosalie liked been taken care off, and she quietly submitted to Gavin's administrations.. that is until her eyes fixed upon the thrones. This was a hall of power. Rosalie imagined this was where a man like King Balthasar would sit and hold Balls, or speak justice. She had heard he was a dashing young man with nice blond curls. How sad that he has adhiel blood. Letting go of Gavin with a small smile of gratitude she started to approach the thrones.

Her hand still held the yellow crystall ball as she eyed the thrones "You are right Sir Coyote, it is likely an escape route leading out of the castle in times of emergency." She wondered why the Black Knight was behaving so cold again. She had noticed his pleasure at the return of her and Amica. He doesn't like to admit it though, I bet. Do you ever give into your pleasures and passions, sir Coyote?
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

Amica's words trailed off, and she was so very relieved that Gavin accepted her words. He could have denounced her a coward, named her weak...but he agreed with her logic, and even Coyote seemed anxious to be through the chamber. But her attentions were quickly pulled away from the chamber to the shadowy form of Cat, Tahnne's totem returned to her at last. The moment she noticed the supple, powerful animal, Amica's heart filled and her body nearly quivered with ebullience. "Cat has come!" she gasped quietly, falling to her knees and seating herself upon her heels that she might properly do Brother Cat his honor.

I see you, Cat, and I am Amica Tempestatis, shaman of Gens Harina. I live in the Great Desert, the sands tween City by the Great Water and the Great Western Mountains, she replied, her eyes closing and her mind wandering to a vision of Terra Incognita, the only place she had known as girl and woman. But when Amica pictured her homeland, gone were the many horrors and dangers of the sands...gone were the scorpions, the funnel spiders, the deadly shrubs and the dragons...and instead it was the desert at dusk, Father Sun hidden behind the Great Western Mountains and the sky a vivid rainbow of colors from dark purple towards the Great Water, changing to blue, aquamarine, green, yellow, orange, and then red, unbroken by cloud and only accented by the first of the night's stars hanging low and distant over the East. It was the desert in it's most perfect way, the sands reflecting lavender in the fading light, and the bitter heat fleeing in favor of the crisp, energetic night. This is my home, and I have come to love it very much, she declared, though she had no understanding at all what the totem spirit meant when it spoke of claiming those who could speak.

Uncertain what to say to a Cat Spirit...Amica hadn't yet spoken to very many totem spirits before...she didn't have too much time to do so before the bitter cold of the floor crept through the thin leather of her boots to numb her legs within. Will you guide She who Walks with Cat away from the spirit world? Or will you have me stand watch over her until she has returned to us? she offered, opening her eyes at last to inspect the Spirit Cat once more.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”