Return of the Prince [Last Mark MT, Sam 22nd]

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Return of the Prince [Last Mark MT, Sam 22nd]

Post by Yin Lorin »

The Prince did not reply right away. “Goldentree, you have been invaluable to me. You put your life on the line for me and my family.” He looked back at the bodies being carried and let out a long sad sigh.

Up a head, the Emerald Guard was forming up to greet them as they entered the city. People were gathering at the gate, perhaps only five hundred of them, not the number the city had before.

“Goldentree, I want to know what reward I could give you for all you have done. Ask me anything and I will do all I can in my power to grant it.”
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Goldentree felt very honored after what the prince said, in a look back he did help, but at the time it happened all he thought was survival, of himself and of the princes because they are living beings, but because the crown they wore on their heads or the family they were born to. The sight of just five hundred people greeting their prince was heart aching, they were too few because the others are other dead or wounded, and the ones who stayed were probably looking all around the city after loved ones or possessions they used to have.

"I ask nothing for me, but I will ask you to do something else, something that is probably the biggest task any king or queen of Taquar placed on themselves for a long time. Your task is to revive this realm, and bring hope back to your people, you will soon be their king, they need you, don't worry yourself will little promises or oaths, if I'll need something I'll come to you, for now feel free to put 100% of yourself into bringing this nation to it's former glory. All I want is to be able to live in peace once again in this land, and continue with my own quest".

As he saw them, standing there in the gates to greet the prince, he wondered how bad he looks, maybe he really should ask the prince for something, Pan knows he could use some gold or a decent home to live in, but in that moment all of that really didn't seem important to him, many people had all that and even more, and in one moments it was all wiped away, now all they have is painful memories, at least he didn't know many people in the city.

All he wanted was to bring the sword back to it's owner, it didn't bother him or anything, but he knew he would feel much better if he'll fulfill his promise.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

The Prince smiled. “Well, I do not have much choice in the matter of fixing things, Goldentree. That is my duty and my calling, though I am not as equipped to handle it as my brother was.” He looked sad.

The Palace came into view and the Avatar waited at the gates for them. She gave a small bow. “Welcome home Prince, I am sure you would like to clean up and rest.”

The Prince dismounted as well as his men. “Goldentree, clean up, then come and meet me back at the palace. Make sure the boarder patrolmen have enough to eat and get freshened up as well. I still owe you a favor, and I intend to pay it back.”

The Prince waved to the people who cheered. Some of the men were finding their family in the crowds as they were dismissed and Goldentree could hear the whispers of what had happened earlier this morning. About how Commander Draydis shot the demon, and of the Ivy infecting the Mother tree, and how an assassin showed up at the mass funeral. The assassin was taken off by Draydis and a woman who is the personal student of the Lord Sorcerer.

OOC note- Getting a bath and most basic supplies would be easy to take care of. So if you want to write that in, you can. Surmise what you will do for the time before meeting the Prince.

goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Goldentree said goodbye to the prince and his men, promising he'll be back as soon as he could. As he walked in the streets of Taloh he heard shreds of talks from people all around him. From them he heard about the events of the day, that explained to him what was that ivy that was growing thicker and thicker around the mother tree. He also heard about an assassin that was caught earlier, he wondered if that man was the one who killed Livia and the prince, he hoped so, but he doubted that a man like him will be easy to catch.

After a nice and reviving bath and a quick meal in the headquarters Goldentree was ready to meet the prince. There were not many Patrol men there, he guessed that the one that survived spent all their time in spying after the thorns or looking for family members. He had really little time so he had no time to talk, all he did was to greet them and make sure they'll have a thing or two to eat. It was important to stay healthy in times like this, and they would not be healthy if they'll not eat. He changed his robe to his normal leather clothes, the ones who fitted a Border Patrol. He tied his long hair on the back of his head, and tried as hard as he could to get all the dirt out of him. He placed his bow back on it's right place, and the majestic sword he placed in his sack, because he did not have any sheath to place it in, and he really didn't want anyone on the streets to ask him how the hell he got a sword with him, he didn't felt like talking to anyone.

Luckily for him the palace was not a place you could not know, so it took him very short time to find the right way to it, the damage the roads suffered slowed him down a little, but he managed to get himself there. When he got there he asked around, asking where is the prince. He hoped that he wasn't there too early, and that the prince is not too busy to see him, he actually wondered what the prince wanted from him, he could not think how he can help with something in times like that.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Goldentree was led to the Throne room, as he was entering, the Avatar passed him on the way out. The Prince stood near the throne looking at it as if to stare a hole through it. He turned when Goldentree’s footfalls sounded in the vast room. A smile lit his face and he stepped down from the raised throne. “I am glad you are here. It appears I was wrong about losing all of my family. I still have a cousin alive, and my sister.” He added the last part with a hint of anger.

“My sister has taken off, to find herself.” He clasped his hands behind himself. It was hard to tell if he was angry or jealous. “We are expecting another attack tomorrow, from the demon and her thorns. I will see the Commander of the Emerald guard tonight.”

He paused stepping right to Goldentree. “Do you think you could command some men in the battle? Do you think you could lead; I cannot go out to the battle? The Avatar insisted I stay here, out of harms way.”

goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Goldentree bowed deeply as he saw the Avatar on her way out of the throne room, then he was led to a big room, where the prince was standing near his own throne, as if afraid to touch it. He smiled broadly at the sight of the Prince, as if just meeting a good friend. And then it hit him, he was standing with the future king of Taquar! He realized that he could never see him the same, and as if they spent the past days together, their relationship changed dramatically. Goldentree bowed and smiled, "As I promised, I came as soon as I could, although it meant I left several people with only half stories, living their jows dangling in the air".

The news the prince held were great, it meant that he was not the last part of the mighty family of kings. "I'm very happy to hear that, we should comfort ourself in the fact that at least your sister don't have to suffer all of this, lets hope that where she is she's safe, at least safer then we are". He wasn't at all surprised as he heard the demon was about to come back for a second strike, the thing that did surprise him was that it was about to come that soon, they didn't have any time to rearrange the defences, and had no time to get ready to any kind of a fight, not even a small one.

After listening to the prince's last words the young Patrolman was left wordless. Leading? Me? Why? What? How???? That was everything that passed in his mind. He had his share in wars that was true, but in all of them he was a man for himself, he was free to act as he wanted, now he was in charge of dozens of man, that was frightening. But actually why not? He knew what to do in wars, and if he could pass along his knowledge to others and help them in their hardest time.... "I'm honored to do so, I promise I wont let you down, I'll do the best that I can."
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

The Prince smiled wide, his hands clasped Goldentree’s shoulders. “Good, I will give you a platoon of ten men. They are all really green, they are boys really. We cannot disqualify them though. Right now we need all the hands we can muster if we are going to be attacked tomarrow.”

He smoothed out his jacket. “I am going to meet my cousin Hesper.” He commented. “Do I look ok? Would you like to meet her?” He picked a bit of lint from his jacket. “From what the Avatar tells me she is quite the woman. She fought off two murderers both ex-Emerald Guard, one of them an old Captain named Kormus.” He nodded to Goldentree. “Nothing like a woman with a little fire in her, know what I mean. It is a shame she is my cousin, a woman like that is the kind I look for.” He gave a wicked grin.

“How about you, Goldentree, what kind of girls do you like?”

OOC- Hesper come in when you like

Post by Guest »

Hesper left Pemy to decide whether or not she would accompany her, "If it suits you Captain Pemy. It isn't required, but your company is most welcome."

~

Hesper had tied her hair up, tight to the back of her head, to suit her more active dress, in a long satin silver ribbon. The silky white gossamer threads of her hair managed to slip a few tickling strands in front of her face, to form some drifting long bangs. Her gray riding dress moved with her, as she held one corner at the top a bit out so she could walk more confidently, knowing that now would not be the time to trip and fall.

Her heart beat faster. The anticipation built within her, but she maintained a somewhat firm frame of mind to prevent her from blushing in eagerness. She was to meet her cousin, one of her last she was told, and hopefully Goldentree, whom had not so long ago met, but it felt like literal ages. At the time of their last meeting in the Fine Rose Inn she had been a merry young girl, head filled with the righteous ideas of youth and naivete. Since then she had grown a bit in body, mind, and spirit, so she hoped and would not foul up her role today. I must present myself again, and anew if necessary. I must be certain not to let anyone down... The hand that was not holding her dress clenched a determined fist and a bit of the uneasiness disappeared.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Golden smiled, "I'll do as much as I can to help, I think I'll be able to teach them one or two things, I'll start the practicing tonight, by tomorrow they'll think they are great warriors that can kill everything".

"I will be pleased to meet your cousin! Especially in times like this normal people like me try and seek comfort in the royalty. And if she is the woman you said she is, then it will be a pleasure for me to meet her, women like her are hard to find these days, and too bad for me this is the kind I like, I like those who knows how to talk, but knows how to act, many of us lost that ability long ago". As he thought about that, he could not recall many women he REALLY liked, he had friends and all, but he hardly met anyone that he had real feelings to, it was probably because he was very picky, or because he was still too young.

"Hesper you said? That name sounds familiar. Oh now I remember! I met a woman in the Fine Rose Inn before it was burnt down. She was about to travel into the forests in the last time I saw her. Never knew Hesper is such a common name here." When he heard Kormus' name he immediately remembered about what old Forest Stalker told him about his corrupted son whom he saw as dead. He was about to ask the prince about the man, but after a second thought he decided not to, if his cousin was the one who caught him, she probably knew more about that man.

He thought he heard footsteps in the corridor that led to the throne room, where the two stood in. He turned around to see who was about to enter the room, he hoped it would be Hesper, he was dying to see the woman the prince talked so positively about. Nothing could have prepared him to the shock he got.

OOC- I decided to stop where I did cause I didn't want to take control over Hesper, since she haven't entered the room and all :) Hi Hesper! Nice to have you back! :)
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Pemy followed Hesper, she had her duty it appeared.

Entering the throne room, Hesper saw the Prince, he looked very much like her father, the man in the painting. He was handsome, tall and had lovely long hair pulled back in a loose ponytail. His eyes met with Hesper’s, and flashed a small bit of recognition.

Then he looked at Pemy. “Pemy.” Hesper saw for a flicker more then just recognition, perhaps something more.

“Captain, Your Highness.” She said flatly

The Prince seemed to deflate some. “Yes, Captain, then you must be Princess Hesper, it is so wonderful to meet you. You look very much like your mother. This is Goldentree as you may well know.”

When the focus shifted to him, Pemy strung to action. Hesper had never seen a person cross a room so fast. She stood arms length from Goldentree. “What are you doing with that sword?” She said coldly, it was a voice that Hesper had not heard from the woman, and it was laced with malice and perhaps even death. “You will remove that sword and hand it to me, or I will take it from you. You grave robbing filth.”

“Captain.” The Prince said, stepping between the two of them. “This man saved my life and brought me back here, I will not stand for this.” He looked at Hesper, as if to ask for some support.

“That sword was buried with my Grandmother, he could not have it unless he dug her up and took it.” She said, the hard edge getting even harder as she eyed the Prince now.

goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Shockwaves crushed through his body, he wasn't socked to see Hesper again, since they departed he wished he will see her and Draggo again, wondering what had happened to them and if they survived the night of terror, the shocking thing that before him, standing in a gray riding dress stood not Hesper, but a princess. He wasn't quite sure if something changed in her, but he was definitely sure that she LOOKED different! He could never guess she was a princess in that time they met in the Inn, funny to think about that but he didn't think SHE knew she was a princess, he hadn't met many princess, but from the stories he had heard they don't just go into normal Inns and going on adventures with merchants.

He stood there, quite hopeless, he did not know if he should bow or hug her or just nod with his head, this whole situation was quite weird to him. Luckily, salvation came from a completely un-expected source, the Captain that followed her approached him, so fast he didn't even know she was coming. She mentioned the sword and her grandmother, well at that time Goldentree began to smile, could he detect something of her grandfather in her? He wasn't sure if he could, all he knew that she had his spirit.

"Finally we meet my lady, it's a pleasure to meet the one old Forest Stalker talked so fondly about. You are right, this is the sword that was buried with your grandmother, I said was because you can clearly see it's right here with us. I met your grandfather about three days ago, right after that terrible night. He took me east, saying he has a last quest to complete before he could die. He always talked about a sword, and the one it should be passed to. We came to were your grandmother is buried, and there her ghost came to us, calling for Forest Stalker, he went with her, not before giving me the sword that I swore to pass to you. Here it is, I completed my task, now I can really say goodbye to the one who taught me so much".

He took the sword in his hand, and handed it to the Captain. "Your grandfather wanted you to have it, and here it is, given to you".

Post by Guest »

Haha! I knew it! My crazy imagination isn't just all fluff, there's intuition in there! Scandal! Scandal and love and probably sex, but oh, that's not important! Well, I'd better not assume things, but.. I mean. For now I think it's alright. But what tore them apart? Her duties! I bet it was so romanti-Focus. FOCUS. Right and...

"Goldentree..." she spoke quickly. It was indeed her old friend, well she assumed they were friends. He looked rather weary from all his travels, but she wanted to find out about those later.

His reaction caught her off guard, she had been ready to trot over and greet him warmly, but he seemed rather awkward. His rather stiff reply, and amazement at her appearance, made her blush quickly. Damn, damn damn. I had it under control... ah well. No use now. She smiled in his direction, trying to be as princessy Eh? as possible. Recovering her calm she turned to introduce herself officially to her cousin.

"It is a pleas-" Pemy ran past quickly, without giving much time for intros. "Captain Pemy?" The quick movement set Hesper's dress fluttering, and Hesper quickly ran after to help her friend.

“This man saved my life and brought me back here, I will not stand for this.” The Prince gave her a pleading look.

"I'm sure there's a reason, if we can just keep out heads and... blades about us."

And sure enough there was, Goldentree commenced to explain. Hesper oggled him, more story about Pemy unfolding, adding to the pages in her mind. (Complete with illuminated illustrations!) And the mystery behind this certain blade.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Pemy’s eye did not leave Goldentree’s. She was dark for an elf, with dark hair, betraying perhaps a human ancestor. She took the sword, as she touched it, a tear fell down her cheek. Her face though stiffened even more into the commanding, controlled mask. Her fingers wrapped around the cloth shod weapon. “Thank you.” Her voice was low, barely a whisper.

The Prince closed his eyes as tears formed in his eyes as well, even more, this loss appeared even more grave for him. “Pemy, I am so sorry. You know he was like a grandfather to me as well, I can…”

She shook her head. “He died doing his service; it is what he would have wanted.” She stiffened her back. “There is not time for tear, Your Highness, I am sorry for the interruption, if you could excuse me.” Her eyes were cold, but the Prince could not hide the concern. She turned sharply, and left the room.

E’uin watched her leave; the sadness in his eyes was more then that of a concerned ruler. “She will want some time alone, she is like that.” He turned to Hesper. “Her grandfather trained me and my brother when we were young. She was like a sister to me, grew up with me, more or less.” He seemed to will himself to stop talking. “I think she is having to live down the shame of her father, with him in jail and all. She has always tried to stand above Kormus’s shadow.”

He shook his head. “I am told there is an attack in the following days. Also, that this ivy on the Mother Tree will leech the life from her, and our city will be vunerable. The exact nature of this plant is still unknown.” He looked at Hesper. “Not really the kind of news you want to come home to. I have brought your parents here. I am reluctant to bury them after what I have heard. What are your feelings on all of these matters?” he looked at the two of them.
Last edited by Yin Lorin on Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Hesper reached a hand after Pemy desperately. "Pemy..." It's no use... She sighed, "That's the most emotion she's shown since I first met her..." Hesper said lowly, "The poor woman...."

Hesper listened to her cousin talk a while about their childhood, amazed that two young people could share such a strong bond. What happened? What happened? Her mind rolled over and over again. She looked at the Prince however, when he reached the part about her father. taken aback. Certainly... now that she thought about it... there was a resemblance but...

"I am... sorry for her then. It must have been a hard life." Her eyes were wide with wonder as she directed her sight to the floor. She looked at Goldentree helplessly, He must be so lost right now... but I refuse to be so. So when the Prince explained their predicament Hesper double-noted all in her mind, with a determined, but elegant look frowning on her countenance.

"I see... well. I should like to do my part cousin... or Prince. Whichever you prefer," she smiled kindly, slightly embarassed. "I... I should think that maybe we personally can do something against that ivy. Communication of sorts. I haven't a mind for battle, but I have a keen ear for nature's voice." Her mind rolled a bit more, even as she spoke. I should think that there are so many animals lovely, normal, and fantastical within the boughs of the forest... they'll die as well... unless. She bit her lip with the idea, as if to save it to be spoken later. Damn right it's an idea....And Ill speak it soon enough.
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Goldentree said nothing, he looked at the captain with sorrow in his eyes, he knew he could do nothing to aid her, nothing he could do or say will make it easier, even the fact that her grandfather was quite glad to leave Tazlure and re-unite with his wife. As she hurried out of the room he knew that he needed to talk to her again later, after she calms down, maybe explain to her what was the situation, maybe then it will be a little more easier for her to accept what happened.

The news from the city were not good at all, in fact Goldentree was sure that the city hadn't had such a dire time as it had, with one wrong move all will be lost, it seemed that there is no future for the elves in Taquar. As the Prince mentioned Hesper's parents they brought it just hit him that the two bodies they carried with them were her parents, luckily for her she didn't have to see their corrupted bodies. He moved closer to her, he had no idea how she'll react to the news about her parents. He didn't know why or what force worked on him, but he placed his hand on her shoulder, as if supporting her, even though he didn't even know she needed support.

"I spent a lot of thinking about something. When me and Forest Stalker travelled east, we met a wounded Gryphon, I managed to heal him, and as a sign of gratitude he gave me one of his feathers, telling me that whenever I'll need him he'll be there. Now I'm no expert in military tactics, but since we are fighting against orcs, it will be a huge advantage to have several Gryphons on our side, several archers on Gryphons' back can make terrible damage to the enemy. Maybe I will not be able to convince them, but if the prince himself asks for their help, maybe they'll agree to that".
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

The prince nodded to Hesper. “You may call me E’uin, Hesper.” He listened carefully to her. “The shapers tell me they cannot do anything to it, it is not like a normal plant. He has siphoned the souls of those who have died and they do not think it is even alive.” He said this last part softly, as if it were forbidden knowlage.

He listened to Goldentree explain about the Gryphons. “They would be a valuable aid. Do you think they would come to help us? Can you fire accurately from the back of them? I mean, I find it hard enough aiming standing still. How would they fire and steer, or would the gryphon be steering?” He started to pace as he talked and thought.

“We need to remove the Ivy, it will kill the Mother’s Tree in a yahren if we do not find a way to remove it.” He stopped looking at the two of them. “Goldentree, if you can get the Gryphon to help up, then do so.” He looked at Hesper. “I am sorry, this really is not a get to know each other sort of meeting. We will have to get to know each other better. In the mean time, I have been told there are two artifacts we need to recover. But where they are, well, that is the hard part. We need to collect some books from the temple. It tells about the Blood Trinity and how to banish this demon to the Nether. They also tell us about the location of the two other artifacts. Are you any good at history, Hesper?”

Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

After taking a brief detour to his own quarters to retrieve the scabbards upon which Elevie had written her messages, Draydis headed for the palace.

Draydis entered the palace and through a process of asking the guards, eventually found the room where the Prince was presently. After identifying himself and stating his business with the guards at the door, Draydis knocked and entered. After going through the door, he bowed as soon as the Prince looked up.

"I am Draydis Quinn D'anorre. I have come to speak with you regarding matters of the Emerald Guard and the Thorns." He then waited to be acknowledged before approaching or continuing with his introduction and questions. In his hand, he carried the two scabbards for the Prince. Though one was intended for the Queen, delievering them to the Prince would have to do...
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Upon their arrival at the palace, Galliban had let Renhil do most of the talking to the guards. It seemed to her that Renhil would have a better chance of getting them to the Prince than she would, as she was likely unknown to the guards. When the pair arrived at the Prince's chambers, Galliban stopped just outside the door and turned to her companion.

"It would be better, I think, if you speak first and introduce me. I am a foreigner and know not the proper formalities for this situation." she said to him.
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."- Mark Twain

Post by Guest »

It seemed that they were not alone in desiring an audience with the prince. That was not likely to be an unusual state of affairs, yet L’esuinn felt uncharacteristically impatient, as she stood with Xe’Dane and the Avatar, awaiting the announcement of their arrival.

“Avatar,” she began in a hushed voice. “Will we be able to have a private audience? I wouldn’t want what we have to tell him to cause a general panic, although that may happen soon enough as it is,” L’esuinn sighed deeply.

The young woman instinctively kept an arm linked with Xe’Dane’s. It steadied her as they walked, but it also kept her from feeling entirely distanced from those around her. The power that hummed within her made her want even more than usual to distance herself from others, and yet somehow she knew that she must not. She must not forget who and what she truly was, and contact with the priestess seemed to remind her, even as she had to fend of the visions of Xe’Dane’s life and death.

Post by Guest »

The young woman followed the commander of the emerald guard all the way to the prince. Along the way she hoped to catch notice of Xe'Dane or Laliel Saliu or both. It was not until she reached the entrance of the room, that was dedicated to perform the audiences in the palace were she found the avatar and arch priestess of the Mistress of the leaves. She smiled, as she was glad that they were both at the same location. There was someone else there as well. Someone that she does not know, it was a young Adhiel girl which had arms linked with Xe'Dane. She wears the robes of a master shaper at such a young age. Her talents in shaping must be celestial.

She parted from Draydis that entered the audience room to have a word with the prince and went to the three people she had noticed. Once she stood at conversation distance she curtsied respectful to the three people of high importance. After her curtsy she introduced herself to the young mistress of shaping. "Greetings everyone. Mistress of the art of shaping, my name is Aeshinera Férewen, I am a student to the art of shaping." After her greeting and introduction she focused on her task.

Words were brought crystal clear, open and honest. "I have brought with me a gesture of great hope that could lead to unification of the Adhiel." She had a small break to ensure what she was going to say was heard. "The commander of the Thorns wishes to abandon their ways and unite to one race. If this wish would be granted the conflict of civil war would come to an end. All they wish for is a pardon and their unification back into the Adhiel society. This would remove one danger from the list of threats to T'Aquar, not only that, it would mean that all the separated families can live in harmony once more."

Finally she turned her attention to Xe'Dane. "Xe'Dane, the commander of the Thorns wished to pass something on to you." Aeshinera passed the 'gift' on Xe'Dane what Rhimmuld had asked for, in exact the same way as he had shown. Aeshinera knew her nature and she was sure she would recognize the action and what it meant.
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Goldentree nodded, feeling good that finally he has a way to help. "I'll do my best my Prince, the Gryphons are very intelligent, I don't think they like to get involve with humans or elves, especially it will be difficult to persuade them to let us ride on them. One of them owe me a favor, so hopefully they'll agree to aid us, if they'll realize it will help them in the end".

He took out the feather of the Gryphon, just remembering how really beautiful he was, he couldn't wait for it to come back again, and he hoped it will, even though Golden was standing in the middle of the palace.

Now, what was his name? Pray something... no no not that....Oh I remember! "Prydeious 'Uth Cal'euque, I call for your help, please come, it's urgent".

He looked at the Prince, waiting for something to happen. "I hope it worked..."

Post by Guest »

"When it is necesarry E'uin. I wouldn't think Im anything extraordinary though." She thought that this answer would suffice and waited to hear more details on the predicament for she felt that now was not the time to speak up, but that the time would soon approach.

Dyadis seem to enter the room in quite a hurry, presenting himself quite politely to the Prince. Despite herself Hesper felt a twinge of annoyance. It was as if she were not even there. She crossed her arms over her chest, and studied him a bit, before the faint recognition presented itself. This was the man that... that night with Kormus. She said nothing and waited to see if her cousin would introduce her officially.

Her mind was so preoccupied that she hardly noticed what Goldentree was doing.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

The Avatar strode in, slowing her pace as she looked at all those gathered. “Your Highness E’uin and Princess Hesper, we have some urgent news about the city and this plant that has been allowed to grow on it.”

Renhil entered shortly after, and paused as the eyes of the people gathered all fell on him. No one was sitting on the throne, so he paused a moment. “I am Priest Renhil, I have just come from the temple. There was a demon that was able to enter the sacred ground, but thank the Gods Dame Galliban was there to vanquish it. He was looking for something. You would not happen to know what?”

There was a general pause as all watched Aeshinera give the gift to Xe’Dane. It was a deep and passionate kiss that had most of the men mesmerized as the two lovely females locked lips. Once finished the Prince let out a small laugh. “Gift for us to, apparently.”

It was almost shocking at how much the prince stared with a large grin on his face. “Everyone, calm down. Draydis, let me introduce you to my cousin, The Princess Hesper.” He took her hand and pulled her to his side, a grin on his face.

He turned to Goldentree. “Perhaps it would be best to wait outside for the Gryphons, I may also suggest a place less crowded then the city.”

He looked at Renhil. “Priest, and Dame, it is well met, and do you know anything more about this attack, was it a demon who worked for Blayvanna?” Renhil looked at Galliban as the Prince spoke to them as if to allow her the chance to speak.

Lastly he looked at the Avatar. “And lastly, what more sad news could you have for us this day, woman?” His tone was sharp, almost bitter. “Has the Mother completely forsaken us? Perhaps she asks for more blood to be spilled on her alter to make up for our sins?”

The clothing of the Avatar moved with a wind none could feel, though those who could channel could feel the power surge from her. L’essuin could see it, golden and lovely, she was filling with it. “How dare you speak so! How dare you curse the Mother who has given you life and has preserved you until this time!” She looked at Ashinera. “We will extend an offer for pardon, and we will be united again under one banner.” She lifted her chin slightly as she spoke.

“To Pan’s arse we will!” The Prince said, taking a step towards the Avatar. “There will be no pardon for any rebel to the throne. That is my voice. I wish to see them all strung up from the trees of our forest.” He looked at the others around him. “This is my voice.”

The Avatar nodded. “Well, spoken, but I would think we will listen to the voice of reason. What say you, Commander Draydis, and Princess Hesper?”

The Prince looked at the Avatar with murder in his eyes. “She is not Queen!”

“Closer to Queen then you, E’uin. At least she has not turned her back on the Mother, and seeks to abuse the power she has granted her.” The Avatar retorted.

Xe”Dane stepped forward, the half nymph was nude, her soft green skin her only covering. “Peace and Love be in this place and with this counsel. Prince E’uin, can you not see the power of forgiveness. We are pressed for time, for even now the sun is setting, and as the light fades, so the dead spirits of all those who perished with violence here in this city will rise again and seek to end the lives of those within this city.” She looked between them. “You must come to a settlement. I would say offer the pact of peace and forgiveness.”

“What say you, Hesper, shall we offer our wayward brothers a place with us again?” The Avatar asked Hesper, her eyes intent on the young girl. “What say all of you?”

Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Draydis smiled at Hesper when she was introduced. "I believe we have met once before, though it was under less than desirable circumstances. I am happy to meet you once again in a situation that is not involving hostile enemies." He gave her a bow, "I am at your service."

The discussion then quickly turned angry as the Prince spoke out against the Mother and also the pardoning of the Thorns. Draydis listened to all those that spoke before he interjected his own reports.

"My Prince, first, I have a pair of messages to deliver from Elevie. One is for the Queen and one is for Draesl. I was unable to deliver the one to Draesl due to the events which happened in King's Court. I am hoping that my mission can be complete by giving both these to you." He held out the scabbards for the Prince to take. "I must apologize for the form on which these messages appear, but pen and ink were not available at the time."

OOC: https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.p ... &start=100 is the thread where Elevie wrote her messgaes on the scabbards for Draydis to deliver.

IC:

"While I was returning from my mission to find Elevie, I ran into a unit of soldiers led by an adhiel named Taklea. They were a patrol for Duke Kriesbon and seemed to be interested in an alliance of sorts against King's Court. Perhaps we could look to them as an ally in the upcoming war brought on by Dominicus."

OOC: https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.p ... &start=100 is the thread where Draydis ran into these men...

IC:
He paused for a moment to let the information settle in everybody's minds. "As for the current fight against the demoness and her forces, it would seem prudent to obtain as many allies as possible, especially if it would mean that adhiel fighting adhiel could be avoided. The demoness has a large force of orcs under her command, which makes them a great enough enemy without compounding our problems by fighting our brothers. I have spoken this day with one of the officers of the Thorns, and they are willing to fight by our side once again if they would be pardoned for their past actions. I believe they are regretful for their actions against us, and that they would be a formidable ally if for nothing else than their knowledge of the demoness and how she plans her battle strategies."

Draydis then took a flicker to silently ask the Mother for guidance in his next words. "As for the Mother, she has not turned away from us. Just this day, I was able to dispatch a vision of the demoness during the funeral ceremony with an ordinary arrow. I know the Mother guided my weapon at that moment, and I know she is still strong with us. The faith of our people has been shaken, but I know the Mother has not forsaken us. Of that I am certain."

He then looked to the Prince and Hesper. "I apologize if I have spoken out of turn, but there are many important decisions to be made at this time, and I wanted to make sure that the information I have received would be used in whatever decisions are made."

He smiled. "Finally, there is a smitty that I was told about that could fabricate a sword that would enable the wielder to dispatch the demoness. I am willing to find that smitty and obtain the sword if it should be determined necessary or helpful."

He then waited to hear the discussion of the others...

~Mother, please bring peace to this discussion and put yourself in the hearts of those gathered here. Be with our Prince as he makes decisions that impact all the people of Taquar and settle his heart.~ His prayer was silent, but Dray tried to focus his thoughts to channel the energy he felt during the morning funeral ceremony. If he was able to feel that power again, he would attempt to focus it towards the Prince in an effort to calm him and show him that the Mother was still watching over them all.
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

OOC: Ack... WAY too many people in the room.

IC: Galliban remained silent and did not reply for a few moments, not wishing to be rude by interupting anyone. She just waited while everyone said what they had to say and listened quietly just in case any of it was important.

"Your Highness," she spoke up finally, her tone respectful but her voice loud enough to get the Prince's attention. "While I cannot guarantee that the demon in the Temple was an associate of Blayvanna's, there is reason enough to believe that he was just that. It seems unlikely to me that a random demon would just show up suddenly to raid the Temple's library.

"Perhaps it is also worth mentioning that Renhil and I have witnessed the malice of that ivy ourselves. The vines attacked Renhil and attempted to attack me. What is most disturbing is what I felt in those vines. It felt like the souls of the dead were trapped within them. I believe that they are the souls of those who died in the most recent attack on the city." Galliban went on.
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."- Mark Twain

Return to “T'aquar Archive”