Looking for ghosts [Ospray, Sam 24 late TT]

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Racing back to the home he thought he could see people in the other houses, peeking out, all of them just on the edges of his vision. When he would look, they would not be there. Once in the house, bandages lay out on the table, silky wrappings carefully laid out and a kettle sung over the fire letting him know the water was well and hot.

He could feel the eyes on him, and he saw another just on the edge of his vision. This time though, when he turned his head, she did not vanish. The woman was of a light frame, dark skin, like the color of rich chocolate; her eyes were a dark hazel. She looked adhiel, her clothing looked to be made of layers of silky cloth that were uneven and oddly cut, giving it a look that could easily blend in with the trees around her. It clung to her body, exhibiting a form of a woman he could only describe as unearthly.

She looked at him for a long moment as he stood at the door of the house. She did not say a word, her long dark hair fell slightly over her shoulder, almost veiling half her face, giving her a coy look, as if she would bolt and run if he moved. “I saw the fight.” She said in a whisper that sounded like the wind slipping through the trees. “You are brave, and did a good thing.” She did not move from where she stood a few paces away. “Would you like help with your hand?” She pointed a slender finger to the swollen fist.
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Post by Guest »

Ospray was quite bewildered at this individual who stood before him. Already his senses were telling him something supernatural was in the works and he was going to be right in the middle of it. He was already at a cautious level with the sign the trees gave but with what he thought were eyes peering from the other houses and now this new person, he was on high alert. However he knew better than to judge to quickly.

Looking at this woman, which he believed to be an adhiel, there was something that clouded Ospray's judgement. Her appearance differed from the others he viewed in the cemetery, but she did not radiate any vibe of hostility by his measure. Plus there was the scene as he entered the house. Bandages layed out along with wrappings and a kettle going by the fire. "Surely this is not the act of someone out to get me?", he thought. It was at this point Ospray relaxed a little. Although still cautious, he figured if something was going to happen, it would. He would worry with it as the time came. Right now he was tired and would like to enjoy what time there was to rest.

With a kind and cheery, but tired voice, he replied, "Sure why not. Although you might want to tell me your name first."
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

“Willow.” She said as she moved past him, a soft fluid motion, her hair catching the wind and almost floating as she walked. She stepped in and picked up the bandages. “Their souls are trapped her, still in shock from what happened. Upset and torn with grief.” She said as she picked up a bowl and filled it with water. “Come, soak your hand. I can say I am no expert in conventional healing, not of your kind anyway.”

She offered her hand to him. The deep brown eyes were radiant, enticing, like no other he had seen. She was no human, this was for sure. “I have heard of some humans, to the south, if you need help from them. They are not dead, and I think they could help you. It is not safe in these woods alone.”

Post by Guest »

"I have no doubt these woods aren't safe.", Ospray replied as he handed her hand. Slowly and surely he let it drop into the water, which gave a small sting that made his arm jump up a little. Then he relaxed his arm and let Willow proceed with which she was about to do. As he began to soak Ospray opened the conversation by saying, "Maybe you are right. It might be best to stick with numbers than alone, especially since there is a demon running around the place." Though he briefly stopped and remembered his task. "However, I was on my way to finding a master in these woods skilled in unarmed combat. They maybe able to help in some avenues but not in all."

For a moment he cut himself of as in deep thought. Slowly he looked over this individual who was helping him. Although being a quite attractive woman, Ospray knew there was more than meets the eye. Thus he began, "Perhaps you could tell me what it is I seek." "I was told by two of the spirits trapped here that there was Shaper Ne’kage somewhere to the north. It is obvious you know more of these woods than I." After a slight pause he asked, "Might you know of such an individual?"

But, in his excitement Ospray forgot the basics of his manners and stopped with the questioner. Once some sense came back to him, he slapped his face and stated, "Please forgive my rudeness, in not introducing myself. I am Ospray. It is a pleasure to meet you."
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

She did not use the silk bandages and the hot water. Instead she stroked his hand slowly, whispering softly. Around his hand he could see a green light slowly starting to radiate from his flesh. Her hair started to blow in a wind Ospray could not feel, but he could sense the power coming from her.

The pain went away, and his flesh and bode knitted together as if it was never broken. She stopped once his hand was fixed and smiled at him. The power he felt slowly faded, but the aura did not. “He will fight you if you see him, and not many have beaten him. I could take you to him, if you wished that. You are not an adhiel though, and I have only ever seen an adhiel beat him. He may kill you.” She warned, her brilliant eyes filled with concern for the human she had just healed. “Not many outside the adhiel know of him, you are blessed by the gods to have leaned of him, and his monastery.”

She let go of his hand and smiled. “I will take you where you need to go, Ospray. You would be safest with your own kind though.”

Post by Guest »

For a moment he was quiet. Still as a stone he sat, with an expression indicating many thoughts were racing through his mind. Slowly he looked at Willow, with compassionate eyes. Raising his hand, Ospray moved it as the green aura was still glowing but started to reside. While looking at his hand, he replied, "You have my many thanks for healing me and offering to show me the way...".

However, after this he sat his hand down and looked directly at her with stern eyes as metal. Not angry or upset, but showing that he had made up his mind. "...but I did not come this far, nor fight for my life just to turn back now.", he stated in a calm, mature voice. "I have no doubt things from here on end will be dangerous, and I would be safer with my own kind. Nor do I not doubt Ne’kage would kill me, but what I have come to learn is something I have based my life around. And it is something I am willing to put my life on.", he gave in a speech format.

After this he then replied, "Plus I am curious about what has happen recently. With the spirits I have met, and now my encounter with you is proof something bigger is going on." "Although, if you taking me to Ne’kage is going to cause trouble, then I am willing to go alone. You have helped me more than enough, and there is no sense to bring any trouble on my part.", stated Ospray.

"But to be honest I am worn out for all that has happened. I think it best if I catch some rest before anything else happens.", he said with a smile.

OCC: Ready to bring it to an end when you are Yin.

Return to “T'aquar Archive”