Real Estate Affairs - Alustariel Urdil [Sameheen 24th TT]

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Real Estate Affairs - Alustariel Urdil [Sameheen 24th TT]

Post by Alustariel Urdil »

[Asht, u can come if u like, otherwise Alu will return to wherever we go after Idris leads us out of the Gardens (eg. Tavern)]

--

Alu walked briskly over the cobbled roads in Cerleann, she felt a mixture of apprehension and freedom. The feel of the city was so much different from the Citadel - for the better in her mind of minds. This was her mother's birthplace, and even though Asht and Alu had been to Kislovan before - they had never seen the spleandour of Cerleann.

Alustariel's plans were falling into motion, she had dragged Ashtallion out of the Citadel, and out of danger. Hopefully nobody could trace them to Kislovan - and even if they did, the alias' of Lustra Silverhair and Lustros Goldeneye would offset them for at least a little while.

Now, the needed a base of operations....

A place where they could hide, plan their actions, discuss their deepest thoughts in complete privacy, and if need be - defend themselves.

Alustariel had not enough money to buy property - but renting would not be completely out of the question - all that she needed was a good landlord. She kept her eyes peeled for intelligent-looking merchants or Town Criers who might know of such folk.
[i]Abara kadabara, alakazaaaaam![/i]
Posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

The information she had gleaned from Idris helped Alustariel to form a general picture of the city, if skewed slightly by her privileged station. Yet nothing was as good as seeing for oneself.

One’s first impression of the capital of Kislovan is often of a harbour bordering on dense jungle and a riot of colour. Yet it is soon obvious that the riot of colour is not mere vegetation, but buildings and city walls. The city skyline too is a fascinating combination of tropical forest canopy, brightly coloured domes and tiled roofs of less ornate structures. As ships near the docks, the river that divides the city in two comes into view.

To the east of the river, the vast, blue, green and gold-glazed domes of the Great Palace glitter in the sun. To the north, just beyond the city walls, is the Temple Enclave to K’Tan, the Mother, where Alu and her twin crossed through the portal. Within the city walls, between the Enclave and the ocean, on this, the wealthy side of Cerleann, the Gardens abut the broad River Cerl on one side, and the more prosperous shops and inns form the other three sides. Beyond these stand the homes of a few wealthy Adhiel, often of noble families. The Great Palace, within its own protective walls, rises above all this, perched as it is upon a hill. Beautiful, lust with vegetation, and perfumed with the scent of millions of tropical blooms, the east side of Cerleann, often referred to as the ‘upper city’, shows how the prosperous and influential minority lives.

Here, property would be scarce and renting would be expensive. Being both Adhiel and mages gave the twins immediate status in the upper city. Yet it could not guarantee privacy.

((OOC: I can get more specific about your surroundings depending on how your arrival thread pans out. :D ))
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

(avatar by Talon Yoseijo)
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel stood for a moment in ponderment. It looks expensive, I wonder what I can get with 2 Crowns for a six to twelve months.... or if Asht can put any in.

If we live in this district, some may be nosey - but the best way to keep a secret is to make people think they know the truth. We will have to lead the lives of Lustros and Lustra, perhaps Adhiel mages fleeing the oppression of the One God in the Western Kingdom - Alu could remember such treatment when she travelled that land with Eberro.

Yes.... Alu smiled lightly ....that would be believable. We fled oppression with our life's worth and are continuing to study magick here in Kislovan. As for Asht and Alu - I will write to the University of Magick, claiming to be a friend of the twins...hmmm..... Olgiss Van Shilderbolt, a Silvercloak who travelled with the twin's parents and knew Alu and Asht in their childhood....hmm...Poor Olgiss had come across the torn bodies of Ashtallion and Alustariel in the wilderness of Pan's Isle on her travels - hacked by the Dark Adhiel perhaps. Olgiss knows of their affiliation in the Citadel and forwards this news to both the parents and the University....

Such deception. Alu never knew she could think to weave such stories, but certainly this would put many people searching for them off-track - but what about their parents hmmmm... I will have to send another letter letting them know that we are alright - but to lie if anybody else asks otherwise.

Alustariel shook the thoughts crowding her head for a moment, she could do none of this untill she was settled somewhere.

Initially Alu intended to look around for any property bearing the words "For Sale" in Adhiel - but now things didnt look so easy. Alustariel instead turned her focus to looking for the business hub in this area.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

OOC: I'll start another thread and search for a tutor, the most likely place to meet would possibly be the Lotus Blossom Inn, but will see how our entrance thread goes. :wink:
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

The Gardens are an exquisite blend of nature and nurture. While one side is formed but the city wall along the east bank of the River Cerl, the other three sides are bound by the more exclusive shops in the city, as well as the fancier inns and taverns in Cerleann. Indeed, the taverns seem to flow out into the lush gardens so that patrons can enjoy their beauty along with a drink or a meal.

Part of the river has been diverted to create a meandering waterway through the Gardens, providing delight in both sight and sound. Small waterfalls and carefully designed river-pebble beds turn the otherwise calmly flowing waters into a babbling brook here and there. Red-lacquered wooden bridges span the stream where the gravel paths encounter it, as if joining various outdoor rooms, featuring their own flora, foliage and form.

Birds of all colours and sizes abound and rival the flowers in brilliance and beauty. There are several small pools filled with various species of tropical fish. Wild monkeys, small deer, and butterflies and other insects also thrive here. However, servants of the Crown work to keep snakes and other dangerous creatures outside the city. Strategically situated benches throughout the gardens allow visitors to relax and enjoy especially striking prospects.

The Gardens are a place to meet with friends, enjoy a few burns of quiet contemplation, or indulge in a private encounter. There is plenty of shade to enjoy during the day, and soft lantern light to set the mood at night.

Alu found herself wandering through this idyllic setting in the upper city, only slightly spoiled by a persistent drizzle. Despite the weather, one could be fooled by these beautiful surroundings into believing that all was right with the world. Well-dressed Adhiel strolled about, woven umbrellas keeping them relatively safe from the light rain. Some smiled at the towering Elfess, and a few even bid her “nameste” as they passed.

Alustariel Urdil
Civus

This is a thin veneer of heaven, Alu thought perhaps a little to deeply as she gazed about the placid surroundings, admiring the fashions of the noble-elfess' as they strolled past her. Her mages robe was alsmost put to shame and she wished she still owned her silken gowns.

Alu smirked at her own slight deformity - she was a tad tall for n adhiel, but it had proved handy more than awkward, like that time she was in a tavern in the West Kingdom - when a half-giant bard had sung a rather lewd song about short people, Alu had found herself rather exempt from his jibes and even laughed along.

She smiled at one of the passing Adhiel who bid her namaste. And stepped, trying to be non-intrusive, into their path.

"Pardon my intrusion good Adhiel" Alu said sweetly as Lustra.

"I am new to Cerleann as my garb might suggest and I am a tad lost" Alu heaved and looked around, play acting her indignation at being lost.

"I am seeking to find a place of residence in this here quarter, do you know of any good landlords or someone whom I might speak to track one down"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

“Oh, of course,” the woman smiled in a friendly way. She was well-groomed and wore a sari of orange and yellow linen, while her companion wore the traditional Kislovani dhoti in pale blue linen, with a western style silk shirt. They were likely of the emerging Adhiel merchant class, rather than the nobility. Looking to her companion, the woman replied, “I suppose it would be best to seek out someone from the office of the Senechal of Cerleann, Lady Faluinn Duedheal.”

Her companion seemed to concur, nodding and picking up the conversation, “They’d likely keep such records. The Lady’s offices are in the Great Palace.” The man gestured with one hand in the general direction of the palace perched upon the hill, as he held an umbrella in the other hand. “The broadest road will take you there,” he added, with another gesture toward the cobbled street that ran toward the hill.

Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Many thanks good people, Lustra Silverhair thanks you kindly" Alustariel bowed neatly. I do love her sari Alustariel smiled as she thought. Alustariel silently took her leave and began treking up the cobbled road.

Lady Faluinn Duedheal, what an illustriously toned name Alu mused as she walked.

Alu was already travelling to the Palace, a place she had not imagined of going to when she arrived. The place of government in these parts - she hoped nobody from the procession would be there to recognise her - Alu paused - how could they, she had only met a few of them briefly.

She continued to walk onwards along the cobbled stones.
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

The Great Palace of Kislovan is perched on a small hill overlooking the coast on the eastern side of the River Cerl. Its colonnaded approach runs up the hillside through terraced gardens, kept lush and gorgeous by the Shaper Royal, Master Bandir; nature and artifice beautifully entwined. The sounds of bird song fill the air, even as the heady fragrance of tropical blossoms drifts on the warm breeze.

Surrounding the walled palace, in truth a highly decorated castle, is what at first glance appears to be an ordinary small lake, as if it is merely a large reflecting pool in the gardens. However, it server a definite defensive function, for it is a moat, crossed only by a red and black lacquered wooden bridge which could apparently be retracted if the palace were to come under attack, although the mechanism for this was well concealed. Yet the simple beauty of the lake and bridge in this setting obscures their practicality.

The high, unyielding exterior walls are softened in appearance by plaster in off-white, and topped with large half-circles, painted in patterns of blues and purples. Here is one place where vegetation had not been encouraged, or even allowed, to grow. The barbican can be sealed off, as is evinced by the ivory tips of a stout wooden portcullis showing across the top of the broad opening. This traditional gateway opens into an inner garden court, rather than a bailey; a more intimate floral experience than beyond the walls. Tropical birds and blossoms abound; a wondrous experience for the senses.

The palace itself is of several storeys, differing from point to point, making it a cacophony of varying roof-lines, including several domes of varying sizes, plastered and painted in blue, green and gold, as well as tiled roofs. The walls are also plastered in off-white and decorated with painted friezes in geometric designs in brown, red and blue. Plants seem to be growing on parts of the roofs and on balconies, making it look as if the structure is alive with vegetation.

Long, broad steps lead up to a colonnaded entry that appears to be formed by trees forming a canopy above the huge wooden double doors. The gilded doors soar well over twice the height of the average Adhiel, and stand open during public hours, welcoming visitors into the vast entrance chamber known as the Great Hall. This chamber, its ceiling forming the first dome, is a huge open space, broken only by plastered and painted columns. Clerestory windows bathe the space in natural light, augmented by lamps hung on the columns. The Great Hall’s walls are hung with brightly coloured fabrics, depicting historical and mythological scenes; works of great art and craftsmanship. Potted trees and flowering plants flourish even here.

Here the nobility and wealthier merchants and artisans mingle, the buzz of conversation rarely pausing during public hours. Deals are struck, fortunes made and lost, as the vague scent of incense and the nearly invisible servants weave their way through the chamber. Not all who gather here are awaiting a royal audience. Indeed, there are those who merely come to see and be seen, or hear and be heard.

~~~~~

“Eabh ta seodhiu inaidha,” a young woman called in greeting, sweeping into an appropriately gauged curtsy, as Alu entered the hall. She was clad in the traditional sari, and the pale green of the simple cotton fabric declared her position as that of a servant. “How may a Page of the Great Palace be of service to you?” she asked, with a polite smile and only a hint of surprise in her green eyes at Alustariel's impressive height.

Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alu was agape as she saw all around her. She ran her hand along the laquered bridge and strayed a while to gaze into the depths of the moat. When she managed to tear herself away from this she found that living things grew throughout the high-walled palace - she suddenly felt like Queen of Cerleann was her desired occupation in the near future.

Again she took in the beauty of the feminine garments of the adhiel noblewomen as she walked among the many that gathered in the great hall. So much that the voice that called to her shook her, as if from a trance.

Blue-grey eyes met green as Alu looked down at the page.

"Namaste acha" Alu replied gently "I am Lustra Silverhair, previously of the Western Kingdom - Roque d'Ancourt to be precise. I am here for the matter of Real Estate in Cerleann, my brother and I are seeking to reside in this fair city" She kept her tone slightly regal, but not too pompous, she was going to have to appear impressionable - she was most likely to rely on fabled aristocracy in the Western Kingdom or her mage status due to her lack of funds.
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

The servant woman smiled up at Alu and replied, “Please follow me and I will gladly show you to the offices of the Senechal of the city.” As she spoke, a slim arm gestured gracefully to one of the corridors that exited the vast chamber.

Others within the chamber had now noticed Alu, conspicuous as she was by her height. Women and men, some in western dress, but most in brightly coloured saree and dhotee, commonly moved about the chamber or indulged in conversation. Yet Alu had caught the eyes of several of the men present, and not a few of the women too. Two or three admirers were even now attempting to catch the tall Adhiel’s eye.

“I hope that you will enjoy living in Cerleann. K’Tan blesses us with a most beautiful city,” the page commented pleasantly, seemingly oblivious to the attention that Alustariel was garnering about them, although that was likely more politeness than truth.

Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel pursed her lips a little with glee and strode behind the page. She was aware of the glances she was getting - not only for her height. Alustariel had never considered herself "beautiful" but there was a uniqueness in her facial features that was far from ugly - and it had captivated quite a few men in the past - namely Parnish Fegher her first tutor, and Eberro Heinsoo, an adventurer who became swept up in her charm.

"The God of Wisdom blesses you with much" the Lustra imposter spoke like some sort of matron.

"The streets of Worlds Mouth or Kings Court are rank with the dregs of society - though I bless their unfortunate selves - rats and all sorts of humanly waste. Cerleann is not such a place, and it has not taken me long to see that. It is a cultural, artistic and religious mecca"

Alustariel turned her face as she glided behind the Page to see if any eyes still lingered upon her - and if so, those who owned the eyes.
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

As Alustariel gazed back into the chamber, she was able to see two particular men watching her departure up the corridor. Both were Adhiel and well-groomed, wearing dhotee and silk shirts. It seemed that they had been in conversation with one another, until Alu caught their attention.

The shorter of the two was still taller than the average Adhiel, but not unusually so. He was rather a plain fellow, for an Adhiel, but he had a commanding presence and sharp blue eyes. His clothing was in shades of cool light purple, highlighted with silver detailing, and his curly blond hair was unusually short, cropped close to his head. Everything about him was smart and orderly.

The taller man was not quite Alu’s own height, but he was still a good hand’s span taller than his companion. Of average looks, his eyes were a soft golden-brown and his hair was long and dark honey-blond, tied back with a dark red ribbon at the nape of his neck. His attire was also of dark red, but patterned with yellow and dashes of deep blue. Unlike his companion, his presence was understated, but elegant, and his taste in fashion suggested a certain artistic flare.

The servant led Alustariel through the vast, pillared main hall and down one of several arched corridors that wandered away from that fundamental chamber. Doors opened off the corridor at intervals, some of which were labelled to indicate the occupant of the chamber beyond. It appeared that the serving woman was leading the young woman through the administrative offices of the palace.

She nodded agreement with the young woman’s words, although it was likely that the servant had no notion of what World’s Mouth or Kings Court were actually like.

Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alu snapped her gaze back to the page, realising that she had met the gaze of the two adhiel. But as she moved towards the administrative quarter - she snuck another quick look. Both men looked well dressed - the shorter especially caught her eye - his mere presence reminded her of Feghstaff - who's orderly and stately presence could be felt accross the room. The other man was impecably dressed and elegant, fancy men had never really caught Alu's eye - it made her feel as if she was in competition with them....even though without her silk gowns today she was hardly a match.

Alustariel suddenly prayed silently to the Mother that they were not envoys from the Citadel who recognised her as Asht's sister. She calmed herself uneasily. Unlikely, she retold herself

"Prithee, dear Page - that man that we passed... with the cropped curly blonde hair, dressed smartly in purple with silver hemming - who is he, and who too is his compatriot?"
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

The page apparently either knew them well or was very observant, as answered without a backward glance.

“Ah yes, Mistress,” she replied, her voice in the same neutral tone as one would use when casually discussing the weather. “The gentleman is Lord Morniendur Baradan, the Lord Reeve General and heir to the house of Baradan. And I believe that he was speaking with Lord Argil Insurinn, who is the Lord Advocate and heir to the house of Insurinn. The Lord Advocate is a very tall man…,” the page paused, realizing to whom she was speaking, and then, with a slight blush, went on almost apologetically, “Although not so tall as milady.”

Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Ha" Alustariel let her silvery laughter fill the space around them "You need not blush, Page" Her deep eyes fell on the girl "I'm well aware of my 'deformity' - enough though, you've piqued my interest..."

She turned to look back along the hall. Those men, both heirs of noble households had deigned to look at Alu as she passed - or Lustra as she glided - along the hall.

"What is a Lord Reeve General - or a Lord Advocate for that matter?. I am not used to such phrases and titles in the Western lands"

Lustra winked.

"And while your at it, why dont you tell me a little about House Baradan and House Insurinn"
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

“Forgive my boldness, milady,” replied the servant woman, almost shyly, “But one so lovely can hardly be called ‘deformed’.” The tone of admiration that underscored the woman’s words showed them to be more than polite flattery.

Then, at Alu’s question, the page paused, the better to answer her. “Well, milady, the Lord Reeve is responsible for the offices that collect rents, taxes, import fees and the like. As for the Lord Advocate, he oversees the offices of those who provide legal advice and representation in the courts of law,” she explained, her words seemingly a pat explanation for visitors. Perhaps she could go into detail, but it was just as likely that she knew little about their actual responsibilities.

“As to the families,” the page went on, beginning to walk once again, although at a much slower pace, “they are quite different. The Baradan hold lands in Sirionnabh, and are an old and highly respected family. Lord Morniendur Baradan is recently widowed,” the servant woman added meaningfully.

“The Insurinn hold in northern Cerleannabh and are also a family of long history. Lord Argil Insurinn is married, but it is well known that he and his wife have long lived separately. Some speak hopefully of a reconciliation, since their only child was lost in the strange events so many of us Adhiel recently endured. Others say that it will not be.” The page’s soft green eyes clouded for a flicker at the oblique reference to ‘strange events,’ but she offered no clarification. Rather she looked ahead, up the corridor, and continued speaking.

“Here we are, milady,” the page announced, as they neared a set of ornately carved double-doors. A gilded plaque declared them to be the entrance to the offices of the Senechal of Cerleann. The woman turned to smile up at the tall Adhile and then opened the doors wide to allow Alustariel admittance.

Alustariel Urdil
Civus

It was Alustariel who's turn it was to blush - the page had said it in words no other had said - or at least no other had meant, and it touched the adhiel so.

"Well they both sound like fine gentleman, I shall have to meet with them some day and perhaps learn more of their grand households" Alu added, quite interested - both in the Lord Morniendur Baradan himself and of the 'strange events' belonging to Lord Argil Insurinn. She had a sneaking suspicion that the "event" was the epidemic of Adhiel who disapeared from Taquar and Kislovan earlier in the month - many were never seen again - and those who did spoke of little about their journey but Sand, Death...and The One.

The ornate doors stood in front, their mere presence suggested that this important office was the end of their little walk.

Alustariel thanked the page kindly for her help "... I, Lustra, thank you - your kind words were more lovely than anything I am aware of"

And with that she slipped into the open doors and bowed low to the occupant.

"Lady Faluinn Duedheal, Senechal of Cerleann - I greet you. I am Lustra Silverhair and I humbly request audience"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

The doors opened to reveal yet another impressive room, showing the exact same riches and splendour as everywhere in the grand Palace. This particular office breathed space as the foresty tapetries were smartly entwined with vines, adding a detail of realism to the otherwise typical style of weaving. Great windows allowed an abundance of light to play with the chandeliers hanging from the high ceiling, forming little rainbows as the beams of the sun broke up in every imaginable colour.

A pair of grey-green eyes surveyed the tall visitor from behind the simple -but large- desk. Relatively comfortable chairs were placed in front of the wooden piece of furniture, decorated in the same woodlands style as the rest of the room.

Throwing her blond braid back over her shoulder Faluinn took her time taking this Adhiel woman in. There was something sparkling just beyond her normal vision, betraying the strands of magic very much alive in her visitor. The Lady Seneschal smiled, recognizing a certain youthful enthusiasm she had been guilty of before she got stuck behind this desk.

"Your request is granted, or you would not be standing here." Her soft voice sounded through the lively room. "Please, take a seat. Since you have my name already, I will not bother you with meaningless introductions. Instead I would ask you...your purpose for coming? Your family name does not ring familiar."

Oh, this might just prove to be the exact distraction Faluinn needed from the tedious paperwork involved with all the politics. Had she not been expected to fill this position, she might have been off testing her theories on the workings of light and magics. Yet such adventures would have to wait. Her family counted on her.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"I doubt it would" Alu smiled back, she was a tad disconcerted by the time it had taken the Senechal to survey her, but there was a certain ease in the look and words the woman eventually offered her. She spoke on with an air of refinement, but not arrogance "Silverhair is the name my mentor in World's Mouth gave me, as with my brother who is named Lustros Goldeneye. Call it a spiritual name if you will" she added jokingly, discreetly playing with strands of her plentiful silver hair "My true surname is Daini".

"As to my purpose Lady Senechal, it is a tad desperate. My brother and I have only just arrived in Kislovan, and, given the circumstances that drove us from the Western Kingdom - Lustros and I believe it would be safer to settle"

Her tone was soft and relaxed, but in her mind she was debating whether she should have spoken to the Lord Reeve to gain an ally in this matter.

"The problem is that our flight has left us near to destitute" Alu decided to get straight to the point "I come to you for advice and possibly a listing of rental properties that we might be able to afford - if possible in the well-to-do area near the Gardens and the River Cerl - we would like to become known in Kislovite society" the adhiel smiled broadly as she said the last sentance jovially.

"We are both Mages of promise and already have the good word of Princess Idris and may soon be studying under Lord Falgan.....if that counts" Alu blushed slightly from all this talking.

"I am sorry Lady Duedheal, I do talk far too much for my own good, dont I!" Alu giggled happily "But there is my request, plain and simple"
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Arrogance!
Ambition!

Beautifully arched eyebrows raised over the sea green eyes. It was one of her stronger features in her otherwise very mediocre appearance.

Good K'tan, the lady is determined, is she not? Spiritual name? Daini? Never heard of. What is she playing at?

The lady leaned forward on her desk, hands folded under her chin as she regarded her visitor. "Tell me, in what way did you wish to become known? For rental properties require money and if you do not have the means to keep up with it, your name might be associated with less than savoury situations."

The voice was as kind as before, simply stating the facts as they were. "Have you and your brother given this some thought? You can hardly expect a society to embrace you when you give nothing back."

Now it was going to be interesting. Was this Lustra going to let her in on her plans or was she going to gamble? Either way it was better than pushing papers around and the lady Seneschal was actually enjoying herself for a change.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel smiled, completely confident. This woman suspected something, Alustariel gave her credit for that, but in order for Alustariel to open up, the Senechal had a long way to go.

"Therein lies my dilema, dear lady" she began humbly "My brother and I seek employment as well. We will need some source of income whilst we train under our new teacher - I have no wish to be a burden on society - we want a fresh start in Kislovan, and I seek the tools to start me on that path"

The silver-haired adhiel leaned in close.

"I myself have also wanted to work in a depository of lore, such as a library - or even some government office, if you know of a position. What skills I lack, I would be eager to learn - I say without shame that my mind is quick and apt to new things"

"But if now is not a good time to discuss these things, mayhaps I should return on the morrow, good Senechal - that is, If I may humbly - and I do stress humbly - request your aid in this matter. Maybe then we can talk more....of other things"
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

The seneschal frowned. The lady came in here, asking her time to regale of her situation and needs and then informed her this was not the time to discuss those things? How...inappropriate!

"Then do tell me...when is it the good time? The next time you make an actual appointment to see me? Or will you walk away halfway through the conversation then too?" She asked sweetly, leaning forward towards Alu. "I made time for you, lady Silverhair. It seems that now is the perfect time to discuss...other things."

She emphasised the last words, making it very clear she had her doubts about the entire goings on. What had started out as a delightful interruption of her boring chores suddenly made her feel like this Lustra wished to bait her.

And I have not grown this far to be fish bait!

"Of course I could inquire whether some housing of your choice is available, but you are not making this very easy for me. It seems the first thing you need is to find yourself and your brother a paying job. Then we can discuss permanent housing. Yet now you speak of unnamed other things! How do you expect people to help you if you dance around the subjects?"
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Then do tell me...when is it the good time? The next time you make an actual appointment to see me? Or will you walk away halfway through the conversation then too?" She asked sweetly, leaning forward towards Alu. "I made time for you, lady Silverhair. It seems that now is the perfect time to discuss...other things."

"I say, good Senechal, you mistake my meaning - I merely meant whether or not this is a good time for you to discuss such things with me or whether you would wish to think on it" Alu hoped she put enough 'wounded dove' sense into her voice.

Alu's gaze darkened as she stood, but a pleasant smile remained on her lips.

"I came to you today to request the simplest of help an aid. To see whether or not you knew a place were I could enquire to place a roof over my head and work to put food in my stomach!" Alu did not raise her voice once, instead she remained calm and composed, keeping her equally sweet smile upon her face. This meeting between the two women had not gone as planned. "Yet your suspicions of me are infathomable, I am a but a refugee - " Alu choked on her words.

The smile drained from her lips and she looked completely exhausted, collapsing into her chair. She seemed to wilter in front of the Senechal.

"Your right Lady Duedheal, I do not make this easy for you" Alu rubbed her temples. " 'Other things' regards to the fact that I run from a very dark secret, and I know few who I can trust and fewer who I can look to for help - If you wish to hear it and have the time, I will not hide it from you now"

"My charade will stop here" she said to audibly, but to herself
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

The Seneschal kept her sigh within. "If that is what you wanted to say, then why not just say it. There is a huge difference between telling me now is not a good time to discuss things or asking me whether or not I have the time. If you wish to ensure a position in higher regions, you had best work on your choice of words. Not everybody will have my patience to hear you out."

The words were curt and politely put, contrary to the eyes which regarded Alu with an intensity not there before, matching the darkness in Alu's own gaze.

Only once the young woman fell back into her chair did the lady Duedheal lean back herself, prepared to hear the rest of it. "A refugee, you say...yes, most of us are. If I did not want to hear your dark secret, I would not have asked for it. So let's have it. Come clean and I will see what I can do for you."

There was no pity for the clearly exhausted young woman in front of her, only crisp attention to every single detail of Alu's being.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]

Return to “Kislovan Archive”