Aether Key -Sam 25th(open)

Moderator: Mods

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin felt as if he missed something. Something he needed to do. And what bugged him the most was the fact he could not figure out what it was. I was broken. I was breaking for a long time. She struck the last blow. I collapsed. Totally. I was no more.

He walked towards the tower, his eyes wary as before, but his mind was elsewhere. He needed to think. Cause he forgot something. And thinking could make him remember. And she helped me fit the broken pieces. Some are still missing. But, those were the bad parts. The weak parts. She helped me. But, why did she kiss me? Why? Why?

The tower loomed overhead ever higher. Draydis was waiting for them at the entrance. A pair of big gates. It smelled like a trap. Like a big trap. It was too easy. He was not used to easy. And that is why it felt so wrong. They win either way. If we are stupid we run into their trap. If we are smart, we go mad with worry. We go insane. Twitchy. And we fall either way.

"You are right. I think they will hit us with full strength at once. I would if I were them. They know we are coming. Oh, sure there will be a few attacks along the way. Just to trick us. But, once we get close, they all jump us. As for being a hero, as you say it, well I am like that. But, you and I already spoke about that back there. I can follow a plan. If I think it is wise."

As he spoke he watched them all in turn, but his thoughts were on the girl. He knew those words were not all true. Sure. I can follow a plan. But, don't you dare do something stupid. Wait. What am I doing? Why do I keep doing this?

The big man did not betray it in his exterior, but he was mighty confused. Sure I would do that for every friend. Even for strangers. But, there is something more here. Something about Syrawenn. Something.... Strange. Something I feel like I knew and forgot. And I want to remember it. I want it bad.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo was not a fan of large stone buildings. But this building was even worse, it tried to scare, hurt and curse all who approached it.
And that was really terribly annoying to him. His anger told him that it would probably burn nicely.

When he stepped out of the shadows where he had waited until the others arrived.

His first conclusion was that Gavin and Syrawenn did not look like a happy couple. Actually more like a boring couple.

The sword felt very well in his hands who seem to have collected his gauntlets. His head was covered by a mail coif that was only open around the eyes. Covered like that he felt GREAT. Time to bash the bad guys.

Sadly enough everybody seemed to be only interested in talking and have some emotional intercourse. So he just had to say it.

"Everybody understands that we are walking straight into a trap, right ?"
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

" Oh, its a trap. No doubt about that Abeo. Though a trap is something that you do not see coming. I can see this one coming as blatently as I can see you. Perhaps we should split up.... together they can squash us all at once. Apart, we have a better chance of remaining unseen, and would give us all an equal chance to reach the Key. I could always keep them distracted.. ", he smiled lightly at this, " I can hold off the warriors for a time, its the Great Demon and the priest that I do not have the power to battle.... not yet anyway. "

Looking once more to the Tower, he sighed softly, " Only one thing for it I suppose, enter the accursed place and get it over with, for better or worse. ", he paused a moment, " Maybe it would be better if we split into groups? That means we still have a better chance at living and getting to the Key. "
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn groaned. Abeo obviously felt the need to repeat what had been said a zillion times over and now Ashtallion wanted to split up?

To do what? More damage? If we split up we'll stand a better chance of being picked off one by one! Weren't they listening when hero stories were told in the inns?

"Okay, on the risk of getting you all over me...again...if we split up, we have two incomplete groups, easier to get to on both sides. We have no ways of communication, wont know if the others have succeeded and will basically never get out again...thats my view." She looked sharply at the different men in their group, daring them to make a point of her choice of words again. She was fine with discussing the possibilities, but she was not going to stand for another stupid discussion on her being.

"Ashtman, you just said you have no way of battling that demon and that priest...if we're together, you stand a chance. Of course this is a trap, and most probably we're gonna get hurt, but at least let's try and get as far as we can. How much chance do we have? The chance of the desperate, that's how much. And trust me, that's a LOT more than most people!"

A quick glance at Gavin. She had seen the desperation in his eyes, the complete shut down from the world. It scared her because she knew it so well. "If you insist on splitting up, go ahead. But I still think we should go in as one and then when they have us in their vision, we can always secretly slip away while the big force keeps going on, ya know? Right now they see us, but once the chaos is on, who keeps track of numbers?"

The girl knew nerves. She grew up on nerves. It was useful to make you react faster, to keep you on the edge and be ready for whatever life was gonna fling at you, but right now there were nerves she did not wish to think about. Soon this dream would end in disaster or in waking up and that was it.
End of story.

Chances of actually meeting Gavin were small, although they were heading in the same direction. The man would probably not remember these dreams and Syrawenn did not feel particularly draw to remind him. She'd made enough of a fool out of herself already.

She needed to focus on the tower, on the dangers inside. Whatever had happened a few moments ago was in the past and probably not to be repeated. The girl was glad everyone was together again and that should be it.

Except it wasn't.
Last edited by Syrawenn on Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Yes. A trap. But, how smart is our foe? How powerful? How arrogant? The general s powerful. The priest should be smart. But, are they arrogant. Gavin pondered those in silence as he flexed his hands a few times to prepare them to grip the sword. For fight was inevitable.

"So, we all agree it is a trap. Fine. Let us focus on that. We know they are waiting for us. The question is where? Now, we are not stupid and I don't think our enemy is that arrogant to let us get all the way to the Key before he gets us. But, the demons generally are sure of themselves. So, we got to use that."

The big man motioned to the top of the tower.

"As Syrawenn already told us, the most obvious place to place the Key would be the top of the highest tower. It is the most secure and easily defended place. And, it would be safe to assume it is there. Also it is safe to assume they are waiting for us somewhere along the way. So we should not go into the tower. Until now, we have been in the open. And they followed us easily. But, once we enter, they will have to rely on magick and direct line of sight. And that means we can se them. What I suggest is we enter the tower and go elsewhere. Let them sweat a bit. After a while, they will come searching for us. Then they will be divided. And we can use their own trick. Even, if you so insist on splitting up, we can do it. Once one group draws their attention the other group can slip in and grab the key. Although I don't like the idea of splitting up. So many battles were lost because of that."

He pondered something for a moment and his gaze caught Syra's eyes for just a moment. He did not linger, but it filled him with strange hope.

"If we defeat the first group to find us fairly quickly we can switch location. Then they have to search for us again. And we can finish a small group of demons fast. If we stick together. But, if we split up, it takes more time to kill them. And that means reinforcement have more time to arrive. And they have the advantage of number, home terrain and surprise. We have to take away at least one of those. And we can do that if we don't do what they expect us to."
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion pondered over everything that both Syra and Gavin stated, sound advice from both parts, he was no tactician and would leave that to those that seemed to know about it. " If you both think that is the best course of action, then I will agree with it also. I am no master of strategy, and will rely on yours judgement for it... ", his eyes rested on Gavin and Syra, his mind ever thinking, searching for answers and new questions.

The mage unsheathed the Pelegrim, the blade seeming to flicker with its own inner light, as though it knew all to well it would taste blood soon. " Shall we enter? I would hate to think we were keeping the demons waiting. ", a strange smile flashed across his lips, one that did not reach the golden eyes. Ashtallion stepped forward towards the gates, the enchanted blade in his left hand, the right raised slightly, his fingers moving gently, preparing to cast his fiery spells.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

"Finally, no talk. Action !" Abeo remarked. His sword gleaming while he hold it high. To bad that Tinally would not see this charge he thought.

O well never depend on the cowardice of this world he concluded.

"Suggestion, Ill go first, just warn me for what comes, or attack it yourself. If this is a trap, we better don't walk all in at the same time. Just keep close behind me and use your brains. Syrawenn and Gavin, could you keep a eye on the things from above, I take the front and Dray has to take care of anything that I can't harm. Oh, and when I fight, be a bit careful, because I am normally not......."

Abeo chuckled, his eyes searching for movement while approaching the games. He was bristling with energy for a long time now and it had to be used, or he had to pick a fight with someone !!
And that would be that bloody mage he decided, he did not like those wussies anyway.

Damned those are big gates, I wonder if what lives there is just as big. O well, the bigger, the easyer to hit.

He made sure that he had no thoughts about the other side of the coin of being big. Fresly splatted Abeo anyone ?
Last edited by Albyon on Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

No matter how she tended to disagree with the fighter in their group, this time the girl wholeheartedly agreed: it was time for action. Her entire being was longing for a good excuse to go rumble, excess energy waiting to be spent on something. Strange, considering how spent she had felt only burns earlier.

Heh, damn good this is just a dream, or I'd have had a LOT of explaining to do! Yet it did nothing to comfort her overactive nerves, so she jumped back into hyperactive mode and nodded vehemently. "Up is all good, but you ain't pointing at anyone for the back! I ain't too big, lemme watch the back instead of up and then we got it kinda covered. Let's go!"

Asthallion drew a sword. Syrawenn's eyes grew. For some silly reason she had not noticed the blade until he drew it. That was strange...but perhaps it was a good thing, meaning that the mage was so at ease with it that it did not hinder him in his movements.

With the mage up front the girl lingered a bit in the back to be able to actually tell what was going on behind them. Someone had to do it and she had the funny feeling she might not be too bad at it either.

It also meant walking behind Gavin. That too was comforting, as it would save her from her paranoid delusions that she was being watched by the big man. Knife in one hand, the other free to grab or hold anything she needed, the girl was as ready as she could be.

Nightmare number 1138 about to commence...the silly little voice in her head mentioned.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"All right, Abeo. You take the lead. No foolishness though. Keep close and do not pursue. Don't let them separate us. Remember the plan. But, by all means fight well and have no fear."

Gavin even managed a laugh as he pushed the big mercenary in front of him. His own sword slid soundlessly out of its scabbard. He knew it was sharp and he knew it would serve. Until the great general came. Then, there will be fear. And I shall use that fear. Fear gives strength, but one must not succumb to it completely.

He walked carefully through the gates and noted the twisted walls and strange angles of the citadel. They were so unlike the polished black obsidian walls of the Dark Citadel he saw in another dream. Yet, he was sure both held the horrors of same magnitude. Only they were more obvious here.

"Abeo, remember the plan. We seek the stone our own way. Don't forget that."
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Abeo entered first.

The entrance Hall was vast, the dark stone surrounding them appeared to be slick with something, slime perhaps or something alittle more... morbid. More of the same statues filled the hall, standing like an honour guard as they lined each wall to the left and right. Mouths hanging open in silent screams, some held swords, others the staff or mace... evidence perhaps that even among demons, warriors, mages and priests existed. This they already knew, or at least Asht had assumed such.

Several doors led off into difference rooms and a grand staircase could be seen at the end of Hall. What little light there was seemed suffocated by the immense darkness that bled from the very stone, the air. The light was fitful and weak, yet allowed enough illumination for them to all see. None of them spoke just yet, the silence was deafening itself. Asht did not want to alert the demons to their presence, which was a stupid thought as they already knew they were there within the Tower.

Before the staircase, Ashtallion stopped, the Pelegrim still in his hand, was held low to the ground, ready to srike when needed. His eyes lingered over the horrifying statues or black marble, blood seeming to drip from their mouths in hunger, from the eyes in ironic grief. The mage did not waste his energy with a shudder, he assumed the cold and deadly mask of one that knew his death could very well be just around the corner, yet the golden eyes burned with their light and fire as he let anger and determination take precidence. " Homely isn't it? ", he whispered the wise crack, trying to ease his own tension with little results. He put a booted foot onto the first step and then stopped, fear taking hold of him, seizing his heart a cold grip. Nothing crossed his face, no flicker of emotion, but his skin seemed to pale ever so slightly.

Another step up, and another, by now he began to shake, something slithering about his mind, doubt, confusion, he couldn't remember how to weave his spells, words of power that he knew where now nothing than gibberish. Unseen foes and fears rose up before his golden eyes, screaming in torment, telling him to turn back..... he fell to his knees on the stairs, trying to hold back the irrational panic rising in him, its only release was through the tears that rolled down his cheeks. " I can't do this... lives depending on me. Too much.... weak... magic not strong...", he threw the Pelegrim aside, its own glimmering inner light failing once it left the mages touch, " ...stupid sword, I'm no warrior, a silly little man playing at being a war wizard. I'm nothing! "

The soft lull of a chant could be heard through the darkness, sinister words that pierced the mind with coldness. But the rest of the group remained standing, obviously it was focused on Asht.

A dark robed figure was standing in the shadows, concealed by darkness, thinking he could not be seen. Eyes closed, it concentrated on its spell, weaving its dark enchantment against the adhiel mage...

" Help me...please...end it! ", by now Asht was grabbing his head, racked with pain and grief.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo answered Gavin's remark with a broad but not really reassuring grin.

His weapon made eager movements searching for a target while he entered the tower. Abeo preffered living forests over large buildings anytime, but this one was even worse then that. He concluded that it seemed to be deprived of any life, no it was filled with a type of anti life.

His eyes searched the dark corners for movement. But only the statues seemed to fill the space. The statues seemed to reflect the mood of the place , but it seemed to have no effect on his anger.

The mage dropped to his knee's begging to stop. Now was that not normal and Abeo became aware of whispered words.

The mage was bloody anoying, but it was HIS mage, and no bastard thing would touch it without feeling Abeo's wrath.

"Take care of the mage !!" he said.

Like growl like a wardogs he started to snif out the source of the sound, if he found it it would taste steel. And if it had blood, it would be given to Pan.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Dray didn't say much when the others arrived. He was merely standing silently within the Mother's symbol that he had etched into the ground at the foot of the tower. As they discussed the plan, he just nodded in agreement. "Aye, it is very much a trap...they know we are here."

As they entered the tower, Draydis focused his mind on the memory of the day he was blessed with the power of the Mother. He remembered how the energy coursed through his body and made him feel completely alive and safe. He tried to gain that feeling once again...though the tower was quite dark and evil.

Ashtallion then cast aside his blade and began to yell for help. Dray knew that they needed the mage, but did not know exactly what to do to help. Without thinking, the adhiel was by Ashtallion's side, holding his hand on the head of his friend. He focused his thoughts on the Mother and the peace she gives her followers. "Ashtallion, the Mother will grant you peace and protection. Have faith my friend, and you will become strong."

In another flicker, the Mother's sword was back in the scabbard on his back and the shield clattered to the ground. The mighty long bow belonging to Dray's father was in his hands. The Guardsman closed his eyes and focused on the sound of the chanting. He moved his body and bow until he was certain that he was aimed at the demon. Opening his eyes, Draydis made sure that no allies were in the way, and he let the arrow go. "May the power of the light embrace you, foul beast!" The words of the commander echoed throughout the room.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin was a bit slow to react. He turned this way and that, before Abeo yelled his command. Funny. Being ordered around by a wild mercenary. Yet, that was wise. Let me show him how it is done.

"Syra, That room, check if it is safe. I'll be there in a flicker."

The big warrior charged across the room to where the mage knelt and barely avoided running into Draydis. He stopped over the mage and scooped him up in his hands, his own sword already in its own scabbard. Without waiting he turned and ran to the room he indicated to the girl.

The mage was not too heavy and Gavin ran straight to the door. Unless Syrawenn came running out with fear in her eyes, he was going to take the mage there and sand guard at the door, until the others returned.

They all know the plan. No splitting up. So they better move back here. And the big warrior did not know if the mage was wounded or not. He needed help, but until it was safe it would not be coming from Gavin.

"See what's wrong with him, Syra. I'll guard the entrance."
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

The back was obviously not where the trouble was brewing. Suddenly Asht was down on his knees sobbing about being worthless and all and all of Netherworld broke loose with Abeo charging, Dray shooting and Gavin pointing her to some sideroom!

"And now I'd like to know why HE gets to downgrade himself without people getting angry..." Syrawenn muttered softly right before the soft, eerie chanting reached her ears. Blushing furiously the girl managed to realize she had jumped to the wrong conclusion here and thanked whatever lucky star happened to sit on her shoulder no one had heard her.

Quickly she dove into the appointed room and checked it out. At least there was no dark being mumbling vague, upsetting words, so for now it would do. The youngster waved Gavin in, already up to a plan to awake the mage from his externally induced wortlhesness.

"Yup, typical...I'll take care of him...no worries...women seem to excell at that...I wonder if they ever thought of this instead of pampering someone silly..." A grin appeared on the young face.

"Asht..hey, Asht! HEY ASTHMAN!" The girl wove her hand in front of the mages face. "I ain't gonna tell you it's all rubbish cause I know that won't work anyway. Work with me here....I know this game, ya know, a clapping game? You put your hands like this..."

She put up Ashtallion's hands with his palms facing her, hoping he was gonna keep em there. Syrawenn mirrored the move herself. "And then I clap like this....and you clap like that...." One by one she clapped his hands, starting one of the most annoying, haunting, sticky songs she'd ever gotten in her brain and adapting it to whatever she felt like. It was all about the melody anyway, hoping to get him annoyed enough to snap out of the spell. Somehow the girl was convinced that if she'd repeat the same melody over and over and over again it might be enough to actually create some kind of defense against whatever might be trying to get into his head. After all: who wanted to try their dark spells against the famous 'row, row, row your boat'?

"There we go! Sing along when you think you can....
Row, row, row your boat
Looking at the moon
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
We'll be leaving soon

Row, row, row your boat
Looking for a key
Guess what we will see

Hard to keep up, huh? That's cause I'm changing the lines! Keep up now, Mage! Come on! Hum if you can't guess the words!"

She kept faithfully clapping the hands.

"Row, row, row your boat
You are waking up
Cause else I will not stop

Row, row, row your boat
Wakey wakey sir
See what else will stir"

On and on and on and on...sooner or later this had to penetrate whatever words were spoken in the hallway or the girl would have to think of something else again. And she was not planning on kissing this particular man!
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

The mage had wrestled against Gavin as he was picked up, yet his physical strength was nothing compared to the brawny human. After being placed down in the room, Syra was at his side and even as she started her singing, trying to get the wizard to join in, Ashtallion had heard none of her words, the incessent soft chant of the demonic sorcerer was like the ringing of church bells in his mind, overwhelming every sound and thought.

" Make it stop! ", his voice shrieked, " No power to make it stop! ", he stood sharply, knocking the young girl back. Grabbing his head, he staggered about the room, moaning, shouting incoherent words.... whatever the demon mage was doing was driving him insane.

Suddenly, the side room lit with a brilliant light as a fork of lightning leapt from the mage and ripped into a walll not far from Syra. The smell of ozone hanging thickly. Asht was losing control, his magic coming unbidden. They would have to stop the demon before Ashtallion's lost complete control, or they would have to stop the adhiel mage himself.

In the Hall, Dray pulled back on his bow, seeking the chanting voice. It came from the right, up a few levels where there were shadowed balconies looking down on the entrance Hall. There stood the demon magic, palms held upward, eyes closed in concentration. It was clearly seen now, especially by the adhiels eyes, all it would take is a well placed shot to fell the foul creature.

That was not their only problem, already there were screams of bloodlust coming from up the stairs, down one of the corridors. Although still some distance away, a small group of demon guards made their own way towards the entrance hall.... it was not a large force, an obvious means of testing how well the mortals fought together.

Back in the room, Ashtallion fell once more to his hands and knees, shaking uncontrollably. " By the gods! ", another arc of sizzling energy smashed into a statue, shattering the black marble into crumbling chunks. " Syrawenn! Please...", for but a moment, he could remember a name and then he sunk back into the world of pain and grief.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

"GAVIN! ALBYON!" Dray called for his allies. The commander in him had come awake, and a battle strategy was immediately apparent. "The demons are coming from there!" He pointed to the stairs from where they were about to descend. "I will handle Ashtallion's problem...but I need protection!"

He hoped that the two fighters could stand at the base of the stairs and stand long enough against the demon guards so he could eliminate the demon mage.

After giving out the cry for his allies, Draydis began to fire arrows at the demon mage as quickly as possible.

"Syra! Watch our flanks and warn us of approaching enemies. We need your eyes!"
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin involuntarily winced when the lightning cracked close to Syrawenn. The mage was loosing control of his powers and they might get hurt. They instead of the demons. And then Dray shouted. With a quick glance at the pair in the room, he drew the sword out.

"Syra, take care of him. Knock him out if you have to. And don't you dare get hurt."

Then as he charged out of the room, he whispered with a grim smile upon his lips. "Coming my dearies. I am coming."

He ran past the archer without a second glance and shouted to Abeo.

"Take the left side. We hold on no matter what."

And then, without waiting for him to join, he took his place upon the right side of the stairs waiting for the guards to show up. Here we go. The first wave. Let us see if we can show that what we are made of. For the Empire.

And indeed they came. A ragged group of creatures, about a score strong. They were mostly humanoid in nature, if one could call their visages humanoid, but there were also a pair of demonic hounds. One of them was leading the group. And it was the first one to charge. Straight at Gavin.

It leapt from almost ten feet away and went straight for the warrior's throat. And there was a sad yelp as its teeth snapped in the empty space as Gavin ducked. But, the creature did not yelp because of the miss. As he ducked the Dortonese warrior raised the tip of his sword and pierced the soft underbelly of the beast. It momentum did the rest.

It crashed behind Gavin, innards spilled and tried to get up. Its efforts were in wait. It still had certain canine attributes and the slash must have cut a nerve of some sort. And then, with almost sad look in its burning eyes, the creature collapsed.

The rest of the group hesitated for just a moment. They watched their leader slain. Bloody Nether. Who has a dog for a commander? But, Gavin did not rush. They will have to come to him. And a look on his face testified of that. I am your death. Come and meet me. But, he did not say anything. He just lazily twirled the blade in a slow pattern, that covered his body in a defense. The light danced from the blade and seemed almost hypnotic. Around and around it went, repeating itself and then changing so it would confuse the opponent.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

"Take the left side. We hold on no matter what." thats what he said.

Now he was talking. Taking the sword in his two hands he dashed to the stairs where Gavin already took position.

A soft curse left his lips. He seemed always be to late for the fun. But then the creatures started to poor down the stairs.

A hound like creature attacked Gavin and Abeo could do nothing else then to admire his style when he butchering the beast.

The creature's hesitated and that was perfect.....using the speed he gathered while running towards the stairs he now dashed up to them to attack. He appeared on the left of Gavin, Pan's name used as a battle cry followed by laughter.

No perfect style here, like's Gavin's, Albeo's bastard sword slashed upwards through the creatures in a way that showed the great strength of the man. With one slash of the weapon he split one of the creatures in two parts to make way for him so he could force his entry into the group.

He knew that if he would be in the center, they would panic and try to evade him. And so be easy meat for his sword.

The laughing never stopped while he slashed all around him, splitting bashing, slaughtering the creatures. Shouting sometimes something about filling a cup or you can do better. Some of the creatures tried to fight back against the fury of this mad man, but they all met a timely and very messy end.

When they fell back, Abeo jumped back, triggered by something inside that told him not to go on, but to fall back at Gavin's side.

A quick check told him that the creatures where not happy about Gavin as well, as the blood on his sword showed.

This was truly a great day he thought while the blood dripped from his chain mail. He had only some minor bruises so all of it was of those creatures. He started to like Gavin, to bad that he messed around with such a blabbermouth. But as a warrior he was clearly top nudge.

A new burst of blood thirsty laughter came out.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

As Abeo made his mad charge Gavin followed closely behind. yet the big warrior did not jump into the fray. He stayed on the edges and slashed this way and that as the chance presented itself.

His armor saved him as one of the creatures fell after he chopped of its leg and rolled down the stairs flailing its taloned hands. The shin guard deflected the blow and soon there was a sharp crack as the creature broke something inside. Something that made it stop moving.

Then the mad mercenary jumped back and Gavin stood by his side, his breathing still steady. The big man knew how to preserve his strength. Out of about twenty only nine now remained The rest lay dead or dying on the stairs above them. And those nine seemed afraid. They snarled and growled, but none dared attack.

"Having fun, Abeo? What do you say we end this?"

There was a smile on Gavin's lips as he jumped forward certain that the Panling will be right beside him. His sword was held high and he grinned as he crashed into the first creature with his shoulder bringing the sword around in a diagonal arc. It caught one more creature and cleanly severed its neck. The next one it crashed into was a bit more lucky as it only lost its arm.

"For the Empire!"
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"Row row row your boat
You're asking me to stop
I guess this was a flop..."

Syrawenn was thrown back by a sudden surge of activity from the mage. With an offended yelp she quickly got back on her feet, only to crouch low again when something exploded next to her!

"Well, woopteedoo! Aren't we just the lucky bunch...mage out of control...smartass demons..." The girl grumbled and got up, circling poor Ashtallion to make sure she was not in his line of fire. Right on that moment Draydis started to yell something from the main hallway about her watching the flanks.

It was pure habit that made the girl turn and yell: "Got a renegade mage here first, do you MIND!"

Realizing her mistake she quickly turned back to Ashtallion, who just managed to obliterate a statue. Luckily this time it was nowhere near. "Bloody netherbats!" Syrawenn whistled at the sheer raw power coming from the mage.

"Syrawenn! Please..."

That was a plea if she ever heard one. With one motion she wiped the sweat and loose hairs out of her face and charged the poor man.

Sorry, Asht...you asked for it...literally.

The goal was of course to get him knocked out for the moment. He was on hands and knees, hopefully his attention distracted enough not to want to blast her into space. She jumped against the man with some measure of control, wanting to topple him over and giving her free access to his chin. Once he was down, she punched him on that one, famous spot that usually made people go out for a few. Even if she did not succeed in actually knocking him out for the count, it might break some of the mental bonds and get his attention back here again.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

The two warriors fought with strength and prowess. Gavin more so that Abeo, being a more experience fighter and swordsman, the human bore a grace with his sword that came only with tempered use and practice and from the looks of it, Gavin had had a fair amount of practice. The demon warriors lunged at the two humans, their own cruel swords whistling as they arced through the air. Dark blood spilled over the black stone floors, it sprayed onto the cold walls, splattering the marble statues.

Dray's arrows flew swiftly and accurately, one punctured the dark wizards' shoulder, causing him to lose his concentration, another lodged in his chest and a third. It let out a gargled scream, but did not fall, it merely clung to the side of the balcony, fighting death that was swiftly overcoming it. For now Dray would have to contend himself with breaking the spell that held Ashtallion, and focus on surviving the small skirmish that had broken out around him, the two human men hacking and slashing.

Within the side room, Syra had charged Asht, seeking to knock the mage over and hopefully help break whatever spell held him and suddenly he ceased his screaming, the whispering chant had ended and whatever had held the mage spell bound was now gone. Knocking him over served no onther purpose than to sprawl the mage over the stone floor, but at least he had stopped raving! Asht stood, somewhat unsteadily, and looked around him, his gaze lingering over the damaged statue and walls. A faint recollection of unleashing power. He grimaced and looked at Syra. " I didn't hurt you did I? A spell took over me..... so dark.... ", he shook his head, banishing the evil thoughts that still swam but slowly left him. " Now its my turn to use a bit of magic. No one enters my mind and gets away with it! ", the adhiel's expression changed to one of sheer hatred and anger, the refined adhiel features twisting into a terrible beauty and wrath.

The mage stalked into the entrance hall slowly, taking in the bloody carnage before him, but his eyes rose to meet the demon mage whom upon seeing the adhiel free of the spell tried to flee... but not swiftly enough. Throwing a hand up, lightning erupted with a dull thud and screamed as it arced into the balcony, shattering stone and demon flesh, a charred lump fell to the hall floor with a sickening noise and lay unmoving.

Facing one of the demon warriors, he gestured again, drawing thin blades of air, as sharp as any axe, and cleaved the creatures head and torso in two. The Pelegrim lay some distance from him, but again the mage only gestured, wrapping strands of force and air about it to move with his mind.
Last edited by Ashtallion Urdil on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Only nine left, not really enough Abeo concluded.

"Having fun, Abeo? What do you say we end this?", that invitation had to be answered. And while Gavin shouted something about a Empire did Abeo the same but then shouting Sevti............PAN, Pan was it.

Bloody hell, am I so confused that I shouting different names in battle ?

He was so confused by it at first that he almost gave himself away, the first creature tried to stick his sword through him with a desperate close attack, thus forcing Abeo to drop his sword and grapple with it..
But anger and reflexes took control and the neck of the creature snapped with a load "CRACK" when he got hold of him. A other one trying to get a advantage now the huge warrior was not able to use his sword tried to stab the man. Who just grabbed the sword with his gauntlet and bashed his skull in.

A grin appeared on his face when the others backed off. In that moment he picked up his sword, only to see Gavin clean up the last of them. He had only time to put his blade through one, who tried to flee......the wrong way.

He stapped back to make space, you never know what comes next.

"Hey, Gavin, don't stay there being pretty. Come back down."
Last edited by Albyon on Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

By now even Gavin's was breathing heavily. But, as the last of the creatures fell he stood there, bloodlust still in him. Adrenalin was surging through his veins and he almost wished there were more demons to kill. Almost. Test number one. We passed. Now we wait for test number two.

With a deep breath to steady himself out, Gavin turned and strode down the stairs. He was not smiling anymore. With his left hand the big man grabbed the hem of his cloak and wiped the black blood from his sword. Carefully he cleaned the blade until not a speck remained. Only then did he slide it into the scabbard.

"Well done, Abeo. Twenty demons against the pair of us. I like those odds."

His eyes fell upon the mage. He was up on his legs and was not screaming. And Syrawenn was there too, so he assumed she managed to sort it out. One way or the other.

"That was only a test. But, it was not like I expected. That mage could have been the end of us. So, where to now? Up those stairs where more enemies lurk, or do we search the rooms first?"
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"HEL-lo!" Syrawenn replied, seeing something of the old mage return in Ashtallion's eyes. "Glad to have you back. Nah, didn't hurt me. Gotta bring more than confusion to hurt me." She grinned, not so sure whether or not she could have withstood a direct mage attack. But this was not the time to make the man more insecure. She'd be fine, she was always fine.

"I know, I know, but though I'd love to stay down and chat, we got a rumble going on in the next room. So if ya don't mind..." She got up on her feet as well, entering the main hall once again to see the slaughter continue. Of course she had expected this from the sounds, of course it was a bloody mess, yet knowing it and seeing it were two different things.

The mage suddenly turned into a creature of vengeance while the other guys were neatly decimating the horde thrown at them. It was a parody on any of the nightmares she'd ever had, leaving her to stare in the back while everything was being chopped in pieces in front of her.

Useless!

With a growl the girl turned to keep an eye on every possible direction the guys were not paying attention to. It would be stupid to get in between their blades and the enemy...and very ineffective. Her strength would have to lie in observation and perhaps surprise. Yet her entire body ached for a chance to release the pent up energy inside, making her hands play over the knives she had gotten from Draydis.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

For several heart beats, the mage stood quiet, his eyes lingering over the remains of the demon warriors, sliding to the dead mage and then to the stairs. " It would make sense to checks the rooms first.... so perhaps we should head up the stairs. ", he really wasn't sure. He jsut wanted to get to the Key, and the taste of battle was singing in his blood now, ringing through the steel of his blade and raging in his magic.

There was an arch way at the top of the stairs, and even from here the wizard could feel the deathly evil that flowed from it. To either side, small arch's were presented, leaving to other parts within the Tower and the upper levels.

" At least if we check the rooms it could elimanate them from our search. We're already on this level so we may aswell search it.. "

Return to “Erulzat Archives”