Aether Key -Sam 25th(open)

Moderator: Mods

Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Gavin came running through with Draydis slung over his shoulder. Syrawenn grinned, seeing the look on the man's face just before he disappeared in a shower of sparkles.

The grin disappeared when she felt the tower move! "ABEO!" She shouted. "COME ON! This thing is coming DOWN!"

For some reason it felt right to be the last one through. Not because of stupid heroics, oh no, she knew she wanted to stay alive. If anyone else wanted to be the dumb-ass, they were welcome to it! No, this feeling originated from the fact that she opened the damn door.

The one who opens it, should close it! And since I got the bloody key... She reckoned, not feeling like anything demonic jumping out behind them. So...Abeo goes, I go and POOF we close the damn portal, right?

I wonder if we're actually gonna land in that forest.
I wonder why I don't feel like I just opened something cool and magical.
I wonder why I don't feel tired anymore.
I wonder what's taking Abeo.

"ABEOOO!" She yelled a last time. "If yer not here by the time I step through, yer dead meat!"
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

"By Pan's ball's on a dark night in the worst inn of Citadel" muttered Abeo while evading the stone's who tried to crush his thick skull.

Actually Syrawenn's voice seemed to make the stone's even more eager to come down so he shouted. "BLOODY NETHERWORLD I AM COMING"

"Blasted blabbermouth"he muttered while his legs moved faster and faster while dancing over the stones.

The bloody tower is going to topple over. Well we can say that it was a very joyfull time. Some change had been made. Some people have been met. Pan can laugh and I do too.

A grin appeared on his face when he ran towards Syrawenn.

"DEAD MEAT COMING................."
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

There was a lot of cursing and a lot of noise. Obviously Abeo was coming over. Something in his grin told her what he was planning. His words only made it more clear.

Deftly the girl stepped aside at the last possible moment, sticking out one foot just far enough for the big man to stumble over it in his haste. With a last shove she pushed him through the portal and quickly stepped after him. It was all a question of balance, really, and for someone as imbalanced as she was, she had excellent knowledge of how to upset that of others.

Whistling a little tune she left the Netherworld for what it was: a big dump.

I wonder if the forest is still as nice as before. She mused as the portal sparkled around her.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Everyone had entered the portal, each of them being washed up in the same sensations as Ashtallion, the green energy swirling around them, holding them, carrying them, taking away worries, aches and pains.... if only for a few precious moments, before spitting them out.

Having been the first one shoved through the portal by Syrawenn, Asht emerged first of all.

A forest? Where has that girl brought us? By the gods perhaps I should have used the bloody thing myself!

The mage turned around, waiting for the others to emerge..... but they were taking their time about it. Worry and fear started to creep through the mage once more, sweat beaded on his forehead. He wouldn't be able to enter the portal from this side, it was a one way deal, and as Syrawenn still held the Key...... Damnit I should have used it!, but he was still so tired, and drained, there was no magic left in him, he had to rest and regain his control and strength to weave spells.

Eventually, Gavin and Dray exited, much to his relief, yet Dray had seen better days..... " What happened? ", Ashtallion shuffled over to stand next to Gavin, trying to help him place Dray on the soft forest floor, but proved to be nothing more than a hinderance, his own strength having been sapped. " Are the others ok? "

Abeo exited then.... the mage sighed. " He made it did he? "

And then Syra, looking rather smug with herself. " Where is this place Syrawenn? "

OOC: I'll let you describe the forest Sy, seeing as you've been here before :wink:
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

ooc Apologies for the hyperposting, but Asht asked me to describe first!

The sun filtered through the many layers of green of the aptly named Emerald Forest. An old campsite lay abandoned, signs of fighting abound. Broken arrows and scorched patches littered the otherwise peaceful woods. Further up ahead a familiar blanket lay between the roots of some sturdy trees.

Syrawenn beamed. This was exactly what she remembered from the first time she met Draydis and Gavin, only this time it was day and not night. And this time we don't have to run...and we don't have that damn Dominally with us.

Excitedly she clapped her hands. "This is PERFECT!" She laughed, swirling around with her arms wide. Forgotten was the darkness and the pain of the black magics that had tortured her body. If it was up to her mind she could run and dance all day long! if her body would agree...Fizz off! She reminded herself forcefully. We're out and we're okay! I ain't gonna sit moping around over old hurt! We're OUT!

"This is where I met those guys!" Syrawenn explained to Ashtallion, ostentatiously pointing at Gavin and Draydis. "It was the best place to go cause it would only get more real with more people remembering, see? I ain't too daft! I don't know that bloody keep of your's. I just woke up there, so I could not imagine it well enough. And I didn't want to ruin your place, so...I just went to my place! This is my place! I love this place!"

With a hearty WOOT she ran around in circles. "EVERYONE is okay! We're all alive! This is DREAMstuff! If you wanna go to yer keep, just believe it's over that hill!" She assured the worried mage. "Nobody died! I love this! This is cool! This is the best! NOBODY DIED!"

Finally dizzy from running around the girl just let herself fall over on the moss covered ground, lying content with her eyes wide open, letting it all soak in. This might be a turning point, then. Nobody died. This might just be the good stuff. Nobody died!

"WOOOOOO!" She yelled, still lying down, followed by a laughing fit that had her clasping her belly.
Last edited by Syrawenn on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Somehow it ended well. Although he nearly stumbled as he landed on soft grass, Gavin was still alive and the place seemed most peaceful. And somewhat familiar. This where I first met the girl and the adhiel. Nice choice. Now, let me take care of him first. And he tried to place him on the ground gently, but the mage was getting in his way. So, Gavin simply took a step away and lowered the warrior down. "He will be fine. I think. He just had to be all heroic and destroy the sword first. Give him some time to recover. And you could use some rest too. Wait." With a practiced move the big man removed his backpack and fished out his spare set of clothes. "Put this on. You can give them back when you find something else."

And then the others came. First the Panling and then the girl. And she started talking as soon as she made it through. And then started to go weird on them. All right. I won't even try to understand what she just said. I am just gonna sit and relax a bit. And so he did. He placed himself next to the prone adhiel and checked his pulse. Good, he is fine. Just asleep. Only then did he notice the bow he was gripping in his left hand and placed it across the prone man's chest. "Here you go." And then his own sword came out and a whetstone followed soon after. The soothing sound of stone scraping against steel soon filled his ears and he truly relaxed. "All right. That went well. And it felt good. Nicely done, Abeo. We make a great team, three of us. Only one question remains. Now what?" His gaze went to the naked mage.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

OOC: I'm back. :)

Dray was breathing easily as Gavin set him on the ground. The long blade was still clutched in his hand and the blood of the demon general fresh on his body. It was a shot time after being placed in the soft grass that any words were spoken by the adhiel. "Mother...thank you." A slight smile appeared on his face, as subconsciously, he knew that he was safe.

A flicker or two later, his eyes slowly opened and he was again awake.

Looking around, Dray saw that all had survived. He looked to Gavin, suddenly realizing that the last memory was of the demon's tower crumbling around him and blackness taking over his vision...and the Dortman was coming to his aid. "Thank you, my friend. I am in your debt."

He slowly got to his feet and sheathed the long sword. His father's bow fell to the ground as he stood, and he again looked to Gavin. "For saving this, I am again in your debt." He smiled to the man and then to the others. "I hope that my action against that sword did not harm any of you....I could not leave that evil weapon behind."

The bow was picked up from the ground and placed across his back. His head was still cloudy from the amount of energy that he had exerted, but his strength was slowly returning. Taking a kneeling position, Draydis closed his eyes and silently gave a prayer of thanks to the Mother for Her aid...
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

" Do not fret Dray.... you were right to destroy the sword, and as you can see, we're all still here. ", he smiled, though it was strained, fighting back the pain he still felt inside him, the grief of the experience they had all went through, the terror of that Tower. There was a hollow sensation inside the mage, like a part of him had been ripped out. Perhaps from that last spell... the power had to come from somewhere, and a shuddered passed over the adhiel as he realised it was most likely his life force, only something as strong as the essence of one life could fuel a weaving like that.

" As for what we do now.... to be honest I'm not sure. I had not expected to come out of that Tower alive. ", he scoffed, " I suppose I had best take the Key back to the Keep, see who is left to gaurd it.... ", Ashtallion looked off into the forest, seemingly searching for an answer. " Though it would make sense to hide it somewhere else. ", he shrugged and dressed in the spare clothes Gavin provided him. It felt odd wearing such clothes, constricted after the freedom his robes offered.

" I will take the Key and hide it. I know of a place where it will be well guarded and out of the hands of Mortals and Demons alike. For now, it is time for you all to wake up.... I don't know if you will remember this all when you awake. For my part, it has been a pleasure meeting you all, and I thank you for your aid, and friendship. ", his eyes lingered over Syrawenn, moving to Gavin, then Dray and resting on Abeo. The latter he could have done without meeting, but the warrior had proven his mettle in battle.

The mage took the Key from Syrawenn, soft words entering her mind as their eyes locked, We will undoubtably meet in the Waking World one day, Syra. Until then... take care of yourself, keep on kicking.

He withdrew and so did the words.

Holding the Key up, swirls of green energy danced around him, reaching out and forming another portal, glittering with emerald intensity. Looking over his shoulders, the mage spoke a single word, sharp, yet resounding with a comforting whisper. The mantle of sleep fell upon them all, their last image.. that of the mage entering the portal and disappearing in a haze of green light. There was one lingering question that remained unanswered, one that would plague them as they fell asleep... only to wake in the Tether, remembering hazy visions of dark towers, foul demons, magical battles and new friendships....

Whose dream had it been?

And the fading mirage of a pair of golden, glittering eyes.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Dray smiled as Ashtallion left the group. His strength was slowly coming back to his tired body...perhaps being back in the forest was the source.

He looked to the others present. "It was an honor to fight alongside you all. I wish that I may remember our journey, but more importantly, you with whom I shared it, when I wake...but I do not know if it will be possible. Should we each bear a memory of this time together, I invite you all to visit in my city. Perhaps we can all find a way to work together to rid the world of the demons that actually walk with us in our waking lives."

He then looked into the woods. "It is time for me to leave. There is much to prepare for the upcoming war..." He looked to each present with a hint of sadness in his eyes. "May the Mother bless you in all your endeavors."

The guardsman then picked up his weapons and walked into the woods; eventually blending into the cover and then disappearing all together.

As he walked, he recited the names of those he just left over and over again. Their faces flashed through his mind as he attempted to burn them into his memory. The hope of Draydis was to wake with a full recollection of the dream. He did not know if it would be possible, and as he walked, the scene around him slowly faded into a peaceful green mist as he felt himself overcome by sleep...
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005

Return to “Erulzat Archives”