The Burpin Dragon (Samheen 25th, MT)

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

"I find myself more suited to the heroic side of things," Zarkazar said to Tavren, which wasn't entirely true. "In fact I recently rescued a mermaid in a daring escape that I'll tell you about some other time."

"What we need is a disguise for you; perhaps dye that distinctive beard of yours? And a change of clothes, obviously." Zarkazar was warming to the idea. Of course there were many things that could go wrong in such an endevour.

What was it dad used to say? "Don't sweat the small stuff". Or was it "always pay attention to the little details"? I can't remember now.

Post by Guest »

"Fine, fine", Tavren rubbed his hands together eagerly. "We have much to do! We'll have to make a discreet purchase of dark cloth to hide my features, and perhaps also comission a pair of dashing uniforms from Audrey's Otherwear , in a separate order and under a different name of course. Although uniforms may just get us beaten up... Also, I'll write up our introductory statement and post it in the square immediately."

The rogue pounded the bar with his fist. "Barnacles! We still don't have a name. Something that conveys strength and style simultaneously. The Velvet Shield perhaps..."
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Finishing her meal, Aubrey paid for it wordlessly and slipped out of the bar, back into the afternoon sunshine. She didn't really know where she was going, but had some idea of visiting the market, perhaps to purchase writing supplies- she had a longing to educate herself inspired by her old memories of school as a young child. She waxed nostalgic in a way more appropriate to someone five decades her senior as she meandered down the dusty street and out of sight of the Dragon.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

Hadvin watched as Aubrey disappeared back out into the night, giving her a curious glance that centered around her backside. He then let his eyes rise up to take in the pair of rogues with something not unlike interest. While still looking directly at Tavren, he called out, "Weer is toast?!?" just as Bill returned with the necessary item, placing the toasted bread before Hadvin with very swift anxiety. "H-here is your toast, Hadvin. The chickens are...cooking..." he said tentatively, but Hadvin had already turned his full attention upon the rogues.

"What is talk...well-wet shield? Is new biss-ness you haff? Is goot, ya. Hadfin come to Cit-a-del, start biss-ness, make coin, is goot, legal biss-ness-min, ya," he proclaimed, words that quickly gave Bill the Bartender to step away once more to leave the men in peace to talk.
Maeve: It starts with ambition
Meridiuz: It ends with Grant

Post by Guest »

Zarkazar looked over his shoulder at Hadvin.

"Did-did he just call me wet-shield?" he blinked. "I don't even know what that means." He now addressed Hadvin. "Although this was a private conversation, my friend, feel free to interrupt at any point, your contribution to the wisdom of the ages will be much appreciated."
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

Closed due to inactivity!
Maeve: It starts with ambition
Meridiuz: It ends with Grant
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Skilled by a saucy barmaid.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Return to “Inner City Archive”