Tangled Threads (Samheen 25th)

Moderator: Mods

Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

"Permission?" The eyebrows shot high on the wrinkled forehead. "Goodness gracious me...I don't know where you would have to ask for permission...the council, I guess. Officially they would own this place. As for finding Toymaker? Good lord, can't help you there either. Let's see...who would know...There might be others who bought his pieces? Maybe they'd know? Oh, but before you misunderstand me, those children disappeared only a few yahren ago. Toymaker was long gone by then! They just happened to meet here....ah..."

Another frown. "I see your point." Solnen looked at the building with renewed awe. "I wonder what's inside...but if you are so worried about Eloise, you don't have to be. Not as long as the lady Souived is alive. You said she was alive, didn't you?"

He put a comforting hand on her shoulder, softening his expression. "There, there now. I'm sure it will all work out somehow. I used to help my grandson quite a lot, but now I'm old...I'll make sure to be there each wydday and fryday. Does that help? And...you are talking to a man who has seen that box return time and again. I do not think you sound insane at all."
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Brionna Galenn

Post by Brionna Galenn »

Solnen's words about Toymaker having been long gone before the incident with the children didn't completely reassure the young woman. Am I just getting paranoid? she asked herself. She wasn't sure, but decided that it would be safer to assume the worst and be pleasantly surprised if she turned out to be wrong.

She nodded in response to his question about Lerussa. "Yes, she is. That scarf we bought before is for her, for the party she's going to tonight."

She was startled but gratified when he patted her on the shoulder and assured her he would make sure he was in the bazaar on certain days in case she needed to talk. When he added his reassurance about not thinking her insane, she gave him a dazzling smile and reached up to give his hand a squeeze. "Thank you," she replied, her voice husky with emotion. "It means a lot to hear you say that."

Casting a glance at the sky, Brionna sighed and shook her head. "I should be getting back," she admitted. "I think it would be better if I didn't get back so late that I have people asking me what I've been doing." Impulsively, she leaned forward and gave the old man a hug and a swift kiss on the cheek. "Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me all this, and show me the shop. I'll see you again, I'm sure."

Taking her leave, she made her way back to the estate, thinking all the while of what she should do about the information she had learned.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

The old man actually blushed, placing his hand against his cheek where Brionna had kissed him. "You are....most welcome." He beamed, watching the young, determined woman leaving.

He sighed. To have such a wonderful person as his granddaughter. She would have understood everything, all that had happened, all his mistakes. So unlike his grandson who was only interested in the material.

But maybe that's just for the best. Oh, Janus Toymaker, what trouble you have landed me into...

Solnen walked away, ashamed of his inability to have told Brionna the entire truth.

---
The end!
Skilled too :)
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt Archive”