Hot Springs [Samheen 24th]

Moderator: Mods

Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

Rosalie was glad for the hot steam for it hid how her cheeks blushed from embarressement. To be in a bath, naked, with so many attractive men, this had to be her most wicked dream so far. The Citadel is still exerting its influences.

In a very real way Gavin represented the best the Empire of Savages had to offer. His beard was rough, but his manners impeccable as he reached out and helped the blind lady to some of the wonderful salts.

The paladin Yin got ready to leave and Rosalie felt judged. She swallowed. No, I will not be in the embrace of the Church if I do not uphold the strict morals of my home country. I must not fail. And yet she was here, in this most wonderful hot tub.

"I was drinking champagne Gavin, but a Roque Red is also very nice. I much prefer it over Kislovani white," the lady offered, even in her dreams seeking her vendetta with that accursed nation.

She sighed at Finley's cursing, having to agree with Yin. This really was no way behave, and foiling the water as well. "Perhaps, signor, you should keep your eyes open while you smoke. Is that kemp, or simple tabacco?" Good Grief. She prayed he did not have Black Lung.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

Oh yes, there was definitively more between this man and the Mouth woman. There were sparkles and many undertones in their remarks and promises of good things to come. Yet the man -Gavin- did not ignore the other people in the bath and before she knew it, Elaine's hand touched the salts Rosalie had mentioned.

"Thank you kindly, sir." She responded, somehow a lump was caught in her throat. "I am called Elaine. Enjoy your stay." A big lump. It was hard to talk.

Yin got up and left. Finley was burping in a corner. Rosalie engaged in a conversation with Gavin.

Then it struck her; the reason she felt out of place while this should have been the most comfortable and relaxing situation under the circumstances:

Everyone here knew somebody, except for her.
She was alone.

And contrary to everything she had ever believed in, for once the Achadhiel was afraid to meet new people to remedy that situation. She was afraid to talk, afraid to use the voice that had served her so well over the yahren.

Elaine stiffened and moved away to another corner, loathe to leave the warm, clean waters. Tears welled up behind her eyes as she turned from the conversational skills that had earned her so many friends...so many friends of which so few were left...this dream an ironic ode to that simple fact.

Alone and caught in silence.

Frantically she started to scrub her arms with the salt. Get a grip...need to use this moment...isn't real, can't be real. Can't you even let go in a dream? How pathetic do you want to get?

Yet the girl realized all too well what havoc the demonic influence might have in such a fragile place as the Aether when it already wrecked and infected the waking world!

Relaxing was becoming harder and harder while her mind and body alternately fought to awaken or to stay in this dream.
Last edited by Elaine on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is so much to see, yet so few willing to.
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Finley sucked at his burned fingers, mildly irritated at himself. Stupid thing to do... But it's been a while since I smoked rollups, I s'pose... ah well... Then he was offered Yin's unwelcome opinion on his swearing. It would be an understatement to say he was unimpressed by this - he'd already developed a dislike for the man, and this did not improve the opinion or Finley's temper at all. Self-righteous bastard! What the fuck's it got to do with him...?

"Sorry mate - didn't realise I was offending your fuckin' feminine sensibilities..." He replied, with deep sarcasm and a hard, irritated look in his dark eyes, "But if you're leaving anyway, I guess I won't 'ave ta worry about your delicate female ears... now will I? So go on, fuck off..." He watched as Yin left, keeping his eyes on the man even as he took another mouthful of beer. He only turned his gaze away at Rosalie's words, and he grinned at her - but it wasn't a pleasant grin. Once riled (and it was easy enough to do), Finn's temper needed some time to cool down - time it hadn't had.

"Mmmph, perhaps I should - and perhaps you should learn to keep your opinions to yourself, eh? Wherever did the proper lady learn of kemp, I wonder...? Got a dark past to ya, m'dear, or just like to mingle with the commoners every now and again...? Got yourself a bit of rough on the side, mebbe? Someone daddy doesn't approve of...?" He smirked at her, then turned away, disinterested - half-tempted to smoke kemp just to upset her. He could be incredibly petty at times, and this appeared to one of them. He decided against it, in the end - alcohol was his drug of choice, and he wasn't about to sacrifice his relative sobriety just to prove a point.

Finn produced a second rollup, and lit it quickly, sticking in the corner of his mouth as he settled back into the water and - despite the burning, despite Rosalie's warning, and probably on purpose - closed his eyes. He completely failed to notice Elaine's tears.
Last edited by Finley Ward on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

And what was this? A towel, a mountaintop, a strange city, and clouds of steam rising into the air? Jiala grasped her towel and sniffed and listened -- soap, flowery, fruity, tinge of body odor...people talking nervously; a slow smirk graced her expression. Ah. Hot springs! And co-ed, it seemed. Perfect. Absolutely tremendous. The mop-headed girl padded along the stone in her bare feet, swiping a mug of good ale on her way to the nearest spring -- which seemed to be nearing full, not that it mattered. Their voices rose with the steam, and she caught a few obscenities and a few sobs from the bathers as she neatly downed the contents of her mug. So there was treachery afoot! Or something. The phrase sounded sophisticated in her mind, though.

Her feet paused as the bathers came into view beneath the hazy steam, and narrowed green eyes peered in at their faces. Nope, no one she recognized. Not that it mattered a lick. They seemed to be just barely getting along at all; one was crying, a couple looked a bit perturbed, one had completely left the spring, and another was cussing up a storm. Excellent. Well, then, they couldn't possibly mind another bather, could they? After all, it didn't seem it could get any worse for them.

Jiala cackled inwardly and crouched slightly as if readying to pounce, one hand still gripping the fold of her towel; the beer mug had vanished upon its draining. Then, all at once, she burst into a sprint toward the spring, in the process whipping off her towel and throwing it high. Just before she reached the edge, she grinned and leapt into the air.

"Banzaiii!!"

Her arms wrapped around her knees as she cannonballed perfectly into the center of the pool. Jiala was a rather short, scrawny thing, but the wave produced was quite enough to shower everyone who had the misfortune to be sitting in the same water. Afterward, though her skin stung a bit, the girl's expression could be described as nothing less than pure triumph as she slowly raised only her eyes out of the rippling water like a crocodile waiting for its victim -- or, in other words, those people she had best offended.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

As Finley swore, Gavin simply chose to ignore him. If the man had no manner, it was not Gavin's place to teach him some. And even if it was, this was not the place to do it. And the man seemed pleased with the present state.

Why teach manners to someone who don't want to be taught? They will just twist what they learned to spite their teacher. And learn nothing in the process. He will learn in time. Or perhaps not. Must be a reason he behaves like that. And if he wishes to reveal it, he will do it himself.

Yin spoke, and Gavin just had to smile and look. Spoken like a true Paladin of Dominicus. Rules and protocol before people. Freedom within a set boundary. But, it is his choice. And it will be a interesting to see how the 'low born' will respond.

"So a Roque Red it is. I never drank much and I must say I am at your mercy. But, I am sure you are not so mean as to pick anything but the best." He said to Rosalie and motioned for the waiter to bring him a glass.

Then Yin rose and left murmuring something about leaving him and Rosalie in private. And then it struck Gavin. This is a dream and all, but what do you think you are doing, fool? Why aren't you this comfortable around women when awake? You behave like a wolf, yet you are a lamb. Curb that courage of yours. Make it slow. Enjoy it. And let the others enjoy. Especially Rosalie.

"Enjoy the bath, Yin."

Then happened just what he wanted to avoid. Rosalie had to comment upon Finley's swearing. And not only that, she commented his smoking. And were it not for all the people around them, he would have commented upon her 'diplomatic sense'. But, instead he just kept his mouth shut.

Then came Finley's response and this time Gavin just had to intervene. Not just because he was rude to Rosalie, but because he was rude in general. And because he was taunting Yin, and although Gavin knew that the young Paladin knew manners, he also knew that he could be quite zealous at times. Still, Finley seemed so sure of himself.

Gavin rose from the water so it reached only a bit above his belly button and turned to Finley. For a flicker he was tempted to just wade through the water and drag him out and explain, but decided against it. But, there was a low growl from his throat before the big man spoke. It was a strange habit of his, and one he could not get rid at all. Growling like a dog before he spoke when he was angry.

"I don't mind you swearing. I don't mind you smoking whatever you bloody well like. But, I mind if you do it around the others who don't like it. And you would do well to pay attention whom you are petty to. And no, I am not talking about myself, but that man who just left. And this lady besides me. You know nothing of him or her and yet you insult them? Is that wise. So just......."

At that there was a scream from the side of the pool and Gavin's eyes flew towards the sound. For a mere fraction of a flicker he caught something that looked like tears in Elaine's eyes, but she was not the source of the sound. Yet, it was noted in his mind for later. He saw the woman running and as she jumped, tried to judge her target. She did not seem to be going for anyone particular so he did not jump towards her.

Instead he turned around and stood over Rosalie, trying to shield her from the water. It was a bath and she was wet already, but something made him do it. And somehow his arms found their way around her and her head was drawn to his chest. Not forcefully, but gently and as the water settled he let go of her, perhaps too quickly.

There was as strange tingling sensation where her hair touched her skin and something akin to burning where it was her skin that touched him. Immersing himself once more he gazed into her eyes and smiled meekly.

"I am sorry. It was silly. I tried to shield you from water while you were bathing."

Strange mirth filled him as he turned towards the newcomer and took his old spot on the edge beside Rosalie. He clapped his hands a few times and nodded to the girl, if it indeed was a girl. He caught only a glimpse of her as she sailed through the air, but she seemed to be a lady. At least in gender, as he could judge so far. Only her eyes were seen now and they seemed to glow with pride.

"Well done. Nice form and quite a splash. But, maybe you could warn us next time? So we can assume better positions to watch. If you had not yelled, I would not have seen the jump. And it would have been a shame. Now, will the acrobat introduce herself. I am Gavin."

As he spoke something was nagging the back of his mind, but he was just too happy to pay any attention to it just now. Something he saw or heard, but it could not come to the front of his mind.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin heard the man’s retort, a little satisfied he had upset him. He wanted to fight him, honorably, and show the scallywag scoundrel just what it was like to be at the mercy of another, make him sweat a bit. Not here though, not in front of the ladies.

When he heard him turn on Rosalie, he was shocked. How could a man speak to a woman in such a fashion, it showed even less moral character? He remembered the other dream, with the stake and the voices. It was a man like that he had set to the flames, and it would not be the last. It felt good to set his sword in the gut of that vile man, watch him burn up in the pure fire of Dominicus. It felt powerful.

His back was to the group, finding his own place. Much of his life was finding his own place, he did not fit at home, he did not fit at the temple, and now in Pax, he did not fit. People were always so muddled, and did things so fast. The world was about truth and lies, if it was not a truth, it was a lie.

He heard Gavin standing up for Rosalie, this was good. He knew Gavin was a good man, they did not see eye to eye, but that was because Gavin was a pagan and was a little less educated. The man would be a great asset to the church once he was brought around to the truth. Hopefully Rosalie would indoctrinate him and make him see the light. He thought Gavin was going to do what Yin could not, attack the man.

Then came the scream. He spun, looking for an attack. For a moment, his armor was on him, his sword at his side, but just a flicker. Even here, the enemy could reach. It was just another woman, playing in the water. He sighed with relief, then he noticed Elaine, crying as she washed herself, rubbing coarse salt into her skin.

“Are you ok, Miss Elaine?” He asked her. “You could come join me, I mean if he has given offence. That is, if you would care to.” He swallowed. “What I mean, you do not have to, but if he has upset you, your welcome... there is space here.” He had not talked to many women, and never once to one who was undressed inviting her to join him in anything. “If you would like to.”
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

Withdrawing to the other side of her beloved pool was not enough. The discussion got nastier with every passing flicker and already the girl noticed a familiar itching to get in there and sooth the talk somehow, yet another anxious voice warned her not to get involved.

You don't KNOW what you can do right now. Maybe...if this is a dream -and it has to be- people are more susceptible here. You DO know whose power you drew on last time and that should not happen again. Things can change, people can change...but only when they choose to, not because a Song went wrong!

Stay or wake up. Those damned tears were much too close for comfort while all the others were after was simply a good time. Elaine felt completely unprotected. Perhaps she should simply leave these people to their enjoyment.

But the water felt so good! She needed this bath so badly! Perhaps...

SPLASH!

An overenthusiastic lady came bouncing into the water, stunning the blind Achadhiel for just a flicker. Right...at least nobody will see those stupid tears now. Really, shape up. You were never taught to back away from a fight, so now is not the time to start, even if it is merely a social one. You deserve to be here!

Right then Yin commented and Elaine just knew he had seen her lapse. She bit her lip. Yet the offer was kind...and it might be the perfect in between, solving her dilemma for now. The young woman nodded and got up. "Sir, he did not offend me. But if you do not mind, I will gladly take you up on your offer."

"I bid you all a fair evening." She greeted the remainder of the large pool with a polite smile and moved over to the smaller pool, a staff appearing in her hands for even those few steps, swinging it to and fro as not to walk into anything solid.

Quickly she immersed into the warm water again, relief appearant on her face. Oh, this bath was just too good. Elaine was glad she had not left completely. Quickly she dipped her face to wash away the remnants of those salty drops. The blind woman had come here to relax, not to upset herself or others and she was going to try again.
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

He offered his pumas stone. “it helps remove the old skin.” He said his voice wavering slightly as he looked at her washing her face. He had never seen a woman naked, and her one was sitting just a few feet from him. His heart was racing and his body flushed. Altogether it was not a pleasant feeling, like being on a wagon cart that was rushing down a hill to a cliffs edge.

“I am glad you joined me, it is always pleasant to be in the company of a pretty woman.” He said, it was something you would say to a woman when she joined you. His father always said to his mother, and well, that is where he gathered most of his tips about how to treat a woman.

He looked down at the water, feeling himself stare at her. It was not right that he should stare so, but part of him, a driving part, wanted to touch, to see and feel her. To go so much farther then he was supposed to.

“You are from here as well?” he asked, trying to move his mind to other topics. “I am from the Downs, outside Kings Court, though I live in Pax now. I am going to run a stable. I take care of horses, you know. I have my own land and everything.” He said in a rush, his mouth working faster then his mind could filter. “I have been training, and I am a Paladin in the church, but, I guess this is sort of a break, you know, to get to understand things, and people. Miri, the prophetess, she had views about the pagans, you know, that they were not bad, and just needed to be shown love. I protected her for a while. That is until I went to Pax, I want to understand them, I mean, if they are like Miri said, or if they are like Jaxis says.” He cut himself off. Taking a breath. “Anyway, are you from here?”

Rosalie Marcada

Finley's words were a little bit too close for comfort and Rosalie had to force herself not to bristle. There was of course a very good reason why she knew of kemp "Not at all Lord Monte..... ah.. signor Ward," Rosalie lied, hiding behind the truth of the matter "Kemp is simply a very valuable trade commodity. There is good money being made on it. Pity the poor soul that is addicted to that vile stuff for he'll pay handsomely. As a daughter of my father I'm supposed to know about these things. Running a Mouth household is about more than the laundry." Kemp was an illegal substance in most parts of the world, but since when had the Mouth 's merchants cared about that?

Before she could even continue to slice Finley with words however her fair warrior rose up in the water, standing before her. I always end up comfortably shielded by Gavin's back, Rosalie considered, amusement tugging at her red lips.

She was about say something when Gavin quickly turned, shielding her from a fountain of water. He was close by, his chest glistering with waterdrops, her hair touching him, her arms quickly crossed in front of her chest touching him. Rosalie's eyes widened as she looked up to her hero. The tension broke almost immediately and she gave him a shaky smile.

"Well met, milady," she grinned at the newcomer.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

As the water settled Yin came to Elaine's side. Gavin caught the movement only with the corner of his eye, but he did hear the words. So noble. And so lost. If only we could meet and talk. Maybe he could see the reason. No need to turn from his faith as he is so wont to ask the others. Only to temper his zeal a bit.

And then Elaine rose and followed the young paladin. And Gavin was glad she did. Only then he remembered that thing that bothered him so. She was crying before that girl jumped in. Something is wrong with that one. I just hope Yin handles it with care. Be careful, paladin. Ah, but she is a lady. You are always careful around ladies.

He also remembered what Montague said and then a though struck him. What did she call him? Signor Ward? Hmmm, well it is not that hard to deduce. He proved he is no gentleman. Why not lie about his name and status? Yet, it matters not. Unless he makes another nasty remark.

He sized the man and tried to judge what he would do. He did not look like a fighter, but looks could be deceiving. Yet, the warrior judged the distance and nodded slightly as he judged that he could reach Finley in a single leap. The new woman would get in the way, but he hoped she would move to the side.

But, for now there was no need for action. And he hoped he could make sure there was no need for action at all. If Rosalie would just listen to him. She seemed quite stubborn, but he had to try.

"Sorry about that, Rosalie. Didn't want to steal away that wonderful leap from you, but somehow I felt I had to do that. Hope you don't mind? And now that Signor Ward has company I think he won't mind if we take his leave. Maybe we could join Yin and Elaine or maybe even seek some privacy. Unless you have some other plans?"
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

It wasn't particularly funny - Finley was trying to keep a careful hold on his rising temper, but for some reason the more they criticised him and the more it wound him up, the funnier he appeared to find the situation. Rosalie's retort garnered little more than a rather pitying look - if anything, she was just listing her knowledge of the Mouth - and what good was that in an argument? It had no bite to it, nothing to rile him, as such - all it really accomplished was to gift Finn with more information about the Mouthie princess and her roots.

Gavin's word's actually provoked laughter from Finn - albeit sarcastic, nasty laughter with little humour in it. "Advice on wisdom from a b-...?" - Sadly, Gavin did not get to hear exactly what Finley thought of him at that moment. Probably it was for the best. The Dortman hesitated at the sound of a woman's shriek, but had no time to react before the resulting wave hit him. He spluttered, spitting the soaking rollie out into the water and wiping at his face pointlessly (since his hands were just as wet), and then laughed again - and this time it sounded genuine, if somewhat short.

"Nicely done, girl. Excellent call..." He remarked to Jiala coolly, the back of his anger broken by her display of high spirits. It was the sight of Gavin protecting Rosalie that had tickled Finn the most - as if she would melt in a tide of oncoming water! As if it would offend her sense of propriety so deeply that she might fall into hysterics, or die! He couldn't help laughing to himself at the thought. As if women like that needed to be protected! From what he'd seen at the ball she certainly had spirit and wits enough to protect herself. Funny, how some blokes treat women like china dolls... bit pathetic, innit? What 'xactly are they tryin' t'prove...? If all women were like that, there'd be no women cannonballing pools of strangers, now would there...?

Finley eyed the stranger thoughtfully for a brief moment. With a bit a'luck someone with less of a stick up their arse than this sorry bunch... But his eyes did not linger on her. For one thing, he'd found staring at naked women quite frequently resulted in being belted round the head by them. And besides, his beer was calling to him again.

Pity it's got all warm water in it now... He sighed, "Dammit," looking mournfully at the remains of his drink.
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

It was comfortable starting again, a new chance for relaxation. Elaine took the offered stone with another smile. "Thank you. That's exactly what I needed." Starting on her legs the young woman used the pumas with fervour, not caring about her nakedness in the presence of other people. They were all here to bathe. If anyone had a problem with it, they would not be here.

Still...the insecurity was clear in Yin's voice. The blind Achadhiel made sure she was not too close to the poor youth. It might upset him too much. Would he regret his offer already? His words were a contrast to what the girl perceived in his voice.

"Are you glad or would you like me to move on?" She had to ask, her unseeing eyes resting somewhere on Yin's chin. "I would not be offended if the latter were the case. We are all here to relax, after all." The smile never left her face although her brows were still drawn in a frown.

He was staring. She was sure he was staring. There was no denying the feeling and she had never been wrong about this before. Yet the man managed to talk over his own behaviour quite nicely. Elaine let herself be draw into the flood of words that came out. It was nice not having to think too much.

She listened to the shortened version of his lifes story. He mentioned horses. A wry smile slid over her face as Ulder found his place in her mind. Something was wrong, but she could not place it. Instead she payed attention to the rest of Yin's monologue.

A One-ist. Pagans? Her eyebrows raised. I guess he would consider me a pagan. But it's not a bad word. Pax? Where is that?

"I am from here." She confirmed his first and last question. "Born and raised, but I moved to the Citadel a couple of weeks ago."

A couple of weeks? A lifetime ago! Good Mother of all, the things that have happened.

"I am glad you take the time to understand others. After all, we are all living beings, are we not?"

Are we? Ulder, where are you?
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin took some slow deep breaths. He did not need to lose control here, and he was making her uncomfortable. “Please, I am sorry, it is just.” He paused, collecting his thoughts. “I am not good, talking to girls. I really do not know what to say, and usually say all the wrong things.” He stopped his mouth before it went out of control again, about the many times he said the wrong thing to Miri. In general, men should not talk when asked a question from a woman; just give the shortest of answers, or just nod. If they say too much, it is usually the wrong thing to say. Girls just have a different way of listening to things you say.

He picked up some soap and started to wash, yes, he could talk while washing. It did help him to change his focus from the lovely body in front of him, to himself. “Yes, I guess we are all alive. I mean I hope we are. All living beings should be understood. ‘It is with wisdom that all choice should be made. Presence of mind requires study and prayer, this is wisdom.’ So it says in the books.”

He slowly lathered his arms, then his chest and legs, all of them were feeling better now, the warm water was nice. He still was very aroused from looking at her, he could not make that go away, no matter how much he willed it. He kept his waist in the water, though she could not see, he had to keep some modesty. “The Citidel, that is a long way away. Are you teaching the faith there, or do you do something else?” He looked up, of course she was a follower of Dominicus, she was from the Kingdom, and she was part human. Her human parent would have taught her.

Post by Guest »

"Nyah-ha!"

The halfhearted taunt escaped her soapy water-filled mouth as soon as her chin cleared the water -- but she had certainly noticed that things were not at all under best conditions, and her eyes narrowed somewhat accusingly at no one in particular. She'd been greeted not with screams and threats on her life, but by laughter and even compliments on her diving form. Jiala clenched her teeth and moved about in the water, her soaked, startling white hair moving silently like a buoy toward a more isolated part of the spring, and she tried valiantly not to appear as though she were uncomfortable. There must be something wrong, as there always was when she was among people who weren't spewing obscenities at her. She had grasped the limelight for all of a brief moment, then everything continued as if nothing had happened. Well, now, how was she supposed to go about getting into a good battle with someone if she couldn't even rile them?

Jiala turned around and pressed her back against an empty space of stone near where Elaine had once sat, her childish face contorted into something foul and forbidding. These people couldn't be normal at all. Yes, that was it. They weren't her people: the ones who frequently laughed at her expense, refrained their fists because she was a girl and had her kicked out of bars for causing a ruckus. Frankly, the air was stiflingly uncomfortable when people weren't all glaring at her in pure hatred. She raised a thin hand and received a pint of strong ale, of which she took a few hearty gulps before scrutinizing her fellow bathers that dared to smile at her.

First, there was that dark-haired woman with the rather regal look about her: the one that suggested precious stones and gobs of satin and gold. She reminded Jiala of that aristocrat who had had the courage to visit the tavern which the girl often frequented -- the one whose dainty glass of wine she had spiked with dog urine. For a moment, Jiala imagined this other woman in a sputtering fit of rage, screaming at the bartender for she'd been poisoned. Entertaining, but not as wonderfully triumphant as it would be in reality. Or whatever kind of reality dreams were.

Then there was that burly man who seemed to be constantly using himself as a shield for the delicate aristocrat. Well, if Jiala didn't know any better (and she didn't at all) she would say he was a barbarian. He looked rather stupidly sheepish whenever he looked at her, as well, which caused Jiala to outwardly gag into her mug. This guy was so disgustingly soft and protective and good that she thought she'd rather eat a wriggling maggot than be anywhere near him. Jiala did shift a little bit farther away, lest these two spread their cooties her way.

The last person left in the same situation looked a bit more clotted with dirt than one would expect from anyone who'd been sitting in a public bath. He seemed a bit crude and self-absorbed, and she caught the others giving him nothing but sour looks, so Jiala decided she'd let him escape her judgements for now. There were more deserving prey in her midst.

She had noticed two blonde heads hovering above a nearby spring, but the quieted and polite way they talked and the nervous flinches of the male told her they were, as well, lesser people and therefore fair game. It all really was, after all, a game. Now, who seemed to be the best victim?

Ah, and now it seemed the two she had first decided to despise where thinking on leaving the pool! Well, now, she couldn't have that -- not before she'd at at least a little fun!

Jiala waved her hand in the air and produced a little wooden flute in one hand while the other reached behind her and plucked a small, rounded pebble into her fingers. Casually, as if this were the most natural thing in the world to do (and, of course, while Rosalie and Gavin weren't looking), she placed the pebble into the end of the flute, wrapped her hands around the instrument to cover all the holes, then, when she was sure the two weren't paying attention, she took careful aim at the side of Gavin's head and blew quickly into the other end of the flute, sending the pebble rocketing toward its target. While it was still sailing in the air, Jiala righted the instrument and put it to her lips, beginning a rather delightful yet simple song that she would often dance to when she was drunk enough.
Rosalie Marcada

Leave the water.. I can't.. he'll see me, all of me. It was of course ridiculous. She was already naked in the water, and Gavin had seen all of her when they ran around in the black forest, and for goodness sake.. this was a dream. Yet propriety and protocol are two hard habits to shake and it had been instilled in Rosalie so much that even in a dream it was difficult to let go. Strangely she cared enough about what Gavin though to care about proper form.

"I.. I have no other plans Gavin," she said hesitantly, her cheeks flushed from more than the hot water, looking around for fluffy white towels that perhaps could hide her when she got out of the water "but.. I.."

PANG.

Something hit Gavin to the side of his head. Rosalie's amber eyes grew wide, having only just seen the incident from the corner of her eyes. "What.. what was that.. are you alright?"
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The thought of being embarrassed did not cross Gavin's mind even for a flicker. The army had different rules of conduct and Hafne guards were a lot like the army. There was little privacy in the barracks and nudity was not frowned upon. Sure, he knew about how other people felt about nudity, but his mind was occupied with other thoughts.

Rosalie seemed reluctant and he saw her looking around. And her cheeks reddened. He was just pondering the reason, when something hit him on the side of the head. His head jerked forward a bit and his left hand flew to his head.

The blow was not that hard, but it stung. Gavin checked his hand, but there was no blood on it. And about at the same time music started. Slowly the big warrior turned his head and watched first at Finley and then at the newcomer.

She was playing the flute. That flute. I wonder if she could have used it to hurl that... What was it? A stone probably. So that is the game we play. Make Gavin mad and make him do something stupid. Well, guess what. I am so happy that I don't care. But, not so happy that I forget it.

Gavin's gaze lingered on Jiala for a flicker and he stared straight into her eyes. I know it was you. No sense in denying it. So what do you think I am going to do. As he turned around without saying anything to the girl a mischievous smile lingered on his lips.

Raising both hands out of the water a pair of helmets appeared upon his palms. Both were made of steel, but one was slightly larger and plain looking. The smaller one was decorated with silver and gold inlay and a single red gem was set where the nose guard met the rest of the helmet.

"Do not worry, milady. It was merely a lose pebble. Must be the Gods playing some sort of a game. And they lost one. Just in case it happens again, I'll put this on."

As the man donned his helmet he laughed loudly. Turning to Rosalie Gavin offered her the other helmet with a slight bow.

"I must be quite a sight. Taking a bath with my helmet on. Care to join me in looking silly?"

He turned to Jiala and another helmet appeared next to her. One quite like Rosalie's. He motioned with his hand in a mock of an offering and a half smile formed on the left side of his lips.

"Would you like one too, little acrobat? Just in case more pebbles fly around?"

Then he turned back to the consul next to him with expression of a job well done.

"Then, shall we leave our little acrobat and Signor Ward alone? Would you like a towel? It is quite cold up here, and I would hate myself if you caught a cold."
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

Oh dear...how young is he? And just how many women has he actually met?

"It is my turn to apologize, Yin." Elaine reassured the young paladin. "I certainly did not mean to make you uncomfortable. If you do not feel like talking, do not feel obliged to do so. Yet if you do wish to converse, know that there is nothing considered 'wrong' to say. I don't mind. We're here for some rest, nothing else."

The quote was probably directly from whatever the young man had read. It did not sound like anything else but common sense in expensive words, but as long as they worked, it did not matter at all. How many people would think her songs overdone, filled with false sentiment? Yet if it even touched that one person, it was worth it.

Elaine smiled. So many of the same sentiments in so many different religions. It was truly a miracle. "No, I do not teach people their faith...they should find that out on their own. I merely help them to listen to their heart through songs."

I should explain I am not of Dominicus. Elaine thought, wringing her hair and wetting it again. It just felt so good to play with the water. I don't want him getting any false ideas about who he is talking to.

A little voice snided: oh yes, and while you're at it tell him you got a demon waiting around the corner. That will tell him who you are!

Strange sounds emerged from the bigger pool. Pebbles flying? The blind woman raised her eyebrows. Ah, and by the sound of it the two possible lovers were ready to find a place on their own. It was good to have people follow their feelings for a change, this was the right place for it.

"I am one of the Mother's children, Yin." She told the young man, playing with the water. "And I am glad to hear we have many of the same ideals."
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin listened, then thought. He did not speak for a short time, pondering. “You left home because you follow the Mother.” He said as if to clear things up for himself.

He paused and thought. “Can you explain something?” He looked up at her. “What is the nature of the Mother? What is her goals and her motives? Why does she do what she does? What is it you believe?” He asked the question, seeking to understand. The Avatar of the mother had dropped the temple of the One on innocents, wounded, people who were not in the fight at all.

Of course, after he had ended the lives of some of her priests, that was his anger though. No, it was Dominicus’s justice that they died. They were the enemy and not welcome. He would not let himself feel pity for them, or their temple. He would understand them though.

Rosalie Marcada

Rosalie started at the small helmet. It was pretty, she had to grant Gavin that. Yet it was a very unfashionable item, and it would mess up her lovely hair to boot. Totally unacceptable. "It.. it is a pretty thing Gavin, but not very practical while I have no other clothes" she said in her low sultry voice, her eyes finding a large white bathrobe.

Rosalie rose from the water quickly, the bubbles revealing her olive skin and well formed petite shape as she stepped out and reached for it. Of course the bathrobe was far too big, the Mouthie lady easily looking like she would drown in the warm cloth. There, now that is much better.

With newly found confidence she offered her fair warrior "Shall we take a moment at the fire put, admiring the view?" Indeed a bit to the side there were stone benches around a large fire pot producing a nice heat, and the spicy smell of burned wood scented the air. "I always think a hearth with a good glass of Roque Red does wonders for my mood."
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Finley couldn't help himself - at the sight of Gavin being so deliberately abused by the small white-haired newcomer, he burst into helpless, unkind laughter. "Maaan, this girl has guts... or maybe it's the tits...? if I'd done that, I'd be carryin' me teeth home in a bag by now. Ahh, well. No justice in the world, when a person’s tits gives them license to make a tit of a person..." He laughed, easily, and smirked at Gavin. Pity the man's not more upset... I'd give my eye teeth to see him lose his temper in front of Madam Lo Russo. He clearly has a soft spot for her. Poor bastard. He'll be eaten alive... conniving bitch, that one - if I'm any good at readin' people at all... He wondered vaguely if there were much he could do to provoke matters, or if he was right - and it took a female point of view to accurately upset a man of Gavin's obvious moral leanings, without inspiring a damn good kicking.

'Course, a night's entertainment don't have to be profitable, as such... it just has to be entertaining. Can't think of many things more entertaining than seein' that fucken’ big idiot with his knickers in a twist over some lil girly...

oooor.... over me, mebbe...

"C'mon mate, where's your hard words now...? Where's your manly toughness, eh...?" Finley smirked at Gavin with an amused, condescending look on his face, and leaned back against the wall of the tub, elbows on the sides - as if nothing for him was more relaxing than deliberately picking a fight for his own amusement. "You rekkon playin' the perfect fuckin' gentleman impresses a woman - are you always this wet...? Figuratively speakin', as well as literally... or are ya just putting on a show for the tantrum throwin' princess over there... I mean, she's been makin' eyes at you since you arrived - so mebbe yer not normally this fuckin' goody goody, right...?" He produced yet another rollie and lit it casually, as if he was having a perfectly ordinary conversation about the weather and not insulting a stranger over half a foot taller and built like a brick wall.

Ah yeah... that brick wall... heh.... funny ole world. An' here I am pickin' a fight with wall number two - seems to have all the personality of one, anyway...
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin stood there looking surprised as Finley spoke. Not surprised by the words he said, but by the fact that it was directed at him. Why me? Why do people the need to pick on me? People, demons, dragons, girls, they all feel the need to get my attention. And have I ever provoked anyone?

He never said anything. He just stood staring at the man before him in disbelief. Wide eyed he stared as the man continuously tried to make him mad. It seems as if he is seeking a fight. A fight he might win. If he were armed and armored and I naked. But, here it is easy to summon weapons and armor. Yet he persists. He does not look like the kind of men I heard about. The ones that seek the pain. The ones that find pleasure in it.

And still he spoke. He even tried to sound friendly. Asked about his character. About his nature. You know nothing of me, little man. Nothing at all. I told you it was not wise making fun of people you know nothing of. Making enemies of someone whom you don't know one bit about. You don't listen. Nobody listens. Must every moment of my life be a test of sorts? Is there no peace? Am I making a mistake somewhere in my life?

But, the big man said none of those things. He just stood there staring straight into Finley's eyes. There was no threat in that gaze, but he held the man's eyes and just watched. His clear blue eyes did not blink for close to half a burn. And when he spoke, his voice was calm.

"You don't know me. I don't know you. Yet I see what you are doing. What both of you are doing. And I have to ask myself why you are doing it? But, I won't ask of you to explain. I am quite happy not knowing."

with a deep sigh, Gavin stared at the horizon for a few flickers and seemed a bit lost in thought.

"I am happy. Here and now. And you know why I am happy? Because, nobody is trying to stab me, cut me, burn me, eat me, stomp me, make me do evil things, scare me and torture me. But, where is fun in not having anything happen? Well, I know the answer to that. You don't. And that is why I am happy with this situation and you are not. But, please seek your fun elsewhere. Leave me alone. That is all I ask."

He turned and grabbed a robe that stood nearby. With a single step he rose from the bath and for a couple of flickers just stood there, water dripping from his body. Then he put the robe on and carefully tied it around his waist. The before he took the first step he turned and smiled at both Finley and Jiala. But, the smile was not reflected in his eyes. They were damp, but he shed no tears.

"I hope we meet again someday. And I hope your life is interesting up until that point. I hope your life is full of events. Then we shall talk again. Farewell, until then."

With those words he walked to Rosalie's side and offered her his hand with a sad smile. With a slight bow he stared into her eyes and just watched her.

"I am sorry for this, Rosalie. Sometimes people don't understand the needs of others. Sometimes they can be jealous and selfish. But, I believe that deep down they can be made to understand. Let us go now and let us enjoy this fire and a bottle of Roque Red. I am sure we won't be disturbed anymore."

But, the words did not reflect his inner thoughts completely. He was not sure they won't be disturbed. But he had to hope he was true. Leave me alone, you two. Please, just leave me alone. I am close to breaking. And you don't want to see me break. I don't think you are ready for that. And I think you never will be ready.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

Things were getting out of hand in the other pool from the feel of it. Elaine's neckhairs stood on end as the one pleasantry after the other was exchanged between people who were better off not meeting. It was nasty to feel the tension as tangible as the water around them, to hear the undertone of possible disaster growing as people tried to surpress it.

Despite the warmth the blind woman shivered. This was not good. She hoped with all her heart that it would end without complications. Was it really so hard to have a moments respite from the world?

Obviously. She remarked dryly to herself, the pumas forgotten in her hand as she tried to focus on the question the young paladin had asked her.

"Hm...no, I left home because my own mother died. That left me with precious little reason to stay in a town where I would never be able to understand the Song I heard." Elaine detailed. "And as for your questions...Well, I could launch into a speech about the standard beliefs, but...well, I can't, because I met her."

So long ago...so short ago. Magical.

She could not deny the smile on her face even if she wanted to. Her frown smoothed over as the lifeless eyes suddenly sparkled at the memory. "Her nature....well, she is Mother. And as a mother she watches over her children and will comfort them or chide them whenever needed. We met in her garden where the Song was so strong that it simply came alive. It was ...perfect! Everything I've always heard...everything I thought was my imagination turned out to be true, a melody touching every living being."

Elaine sighed, happily sinking into the memory. "We talked and agreed on many things, and alas on many dark things happening. She asked me to help heal the Song of the Citadel, to protect it and to restore the land to it's healthy self. I accepted and this is what I will do."

The stone slipped from her hand. Quickly she dipped into the water and caught it to offer it back to Yin. "I believe there is a perfect Song which touches life itself. It is this Song I have found with her help and this Song I will treasure to help the city and it's inhabitants. It is not what I believe or why she does things...it is simply Life and everyones place in it. I know my place. Do you know yours?"
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

She had seen the Mother. She could not have, it must have been something else. There is no Mother, only Dominicus. Yet, he could not call her down; it looked to be such a moving event. “I would not know what to think if that happened.” He spoke the truth, in a way. He really did not know what else to say and not upset her.

He reached out, taking the stone from her, his hand touching hers for a moment. She was soft and warm. He had never felt someone so soft., he held his hand there, his finger touching her hand for a flicker longer then he should have.

He looked at her blank eyes, her question to him sunk in slowly. Did he know his place, yes, his place was told to him, everyday since he could remember. “I know my place, it is in the service of the One.” That was part of it, but in his heart, he knew the place he wanted. He wanted to be the man bards sang about. The man that helped save his land, who could be called on when the time was dire, and who stood up to the danger.

He knew his place, he was a Paladin, to the bone, true and pure, loving and proud, honest and brave. This was his place, to try and be above corruption, above greed and petty vices. He had many men he looked to for examples, and he knew their stories by heart. He would do all he could to be one of them. “I know my place.” He said a little lower, “You are lost if you do not, and I think many do not. They know where they are, where they have been, but they steer their lives with no star to guide them. They simply travel forward into blackness, hoping they travel the right road. You have to know your place, and your purpose, otherwise, you are lost.”

He set the stone to the side. He remembered his brother. It was the pagans, they were the ones who killed him. It was them who broke his city, and now he was trying to learn of them. Poison sweetened by honey, this is how they feed you their lies. He was always told this, so he had to be careful of her story of love and peace from her pagan god. “You know a song that change the world. How is this? How can you protect your land with a song?”

Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Good, good, GOOD !! Wine and a bath, those are good things in life, besides women and war off course. Those where the thoughts of Abeo while he walked naked towards the hot springs. Clearly being naked did not bother him at all.

He is a tall man, even taller then Gavin and equally muscled or maybe even worse. Scars showed their light paths over his body, telling a story of violence.

He carried several bottles of wine and some glasses with him. And placed them neatly on the side of the spring. Then he slowly entered it and closed his eyes, enjoying the heat warming his bones.

He seemed not to notice the other inhabitance until he spoke.

"Gavin, Old lord's lapdog ! In the name of Pan what are you doing here ? And even with the pretty ladies and some other lads ? Finally becoming a human ?"

The heat mellowed him a bit down, so he made no remarks about Gavins attitude towards women.

"Ah, Pan's fire warms up the bones after a good match drawing blood of those Onnie guys."

A grin appeared when he grabbed a glas and filled it up with red wine.

"Someone else willing to share my wine ?" he asked.
Last edited by Albyon on Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

"If you've got an extra glass available, I wouldn't say no," a tinkling voice replied from behind him.

Emerging from a well hidden path was a petite, dark-haired young woman. Her dark eyes sparkled with laughter as she approached the group at the springs. She moved with an easy grace, unconcious, or at least uncaring, of her nudity.

"Abeo," she greeted the only face she recognized. To everyone else, she offered a large, friendly smile. She didn't want to interrupt the conversations happening around her, so decided she would introduce herself individually as time permitted.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]

Return to “Erulzat Archives”