The dream of the Seer : Rebellion against the Tyrant Sam 26

Moderator: Mods

Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

It didn't take long before Syrawenn appeared, her eyes an angry green as she found a chair and let herself fall into it without any sense for decorum of style.

"Present and ready." She saluted Gavin, having a hard time looking him in the eyes. "Whatcha got and whatcha need?"
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti followed bare flickers behind Syrawenn, her lips set in a grim line. She nodded to Gavin in acknowledgement as she crossed to stand beside her husband. For him, she had a small smile, but the look of seriousness was soon replaced. She watched Syrawenn thoughtfully as she waited for Gavin to speak.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

The war room was spacious with large windows where the surroundings of the castle where in clear view. Maps of the surrounding country side and the whole of islay covered the walls.

For now only Syrawenn, Gavin, Sevti and Abeo where gathered there and the doors where closed. Nobody would disturb them.....

Abeo seemed to have drunk a little to much but he was clear enough to wink at his wife and then tell the following.

"The clans are restless, they are waiting for orders. But there are rumours of spy's and murderers in being in the castle. One of the priestesses told me that Sean Lwyn is gatering a army in the capital that shall march on when the storms stop.

There are also stories that Peccia survived by the power of his blasted god and now prepares a counter attack...."

[hr][/hr]

In the mean time Langredoc was followed by three shadows into the bowls of the castle, out of the view of Amber.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"Charming as ever. I love you too." No matter how serious the situation teasing the girl brought a smile to his face. "Don't answer that. I'll get to the point right away. I called the Council tonight. It starts this eveningtide. All the Clan leaders will be there. I however have no Clan. I can't think of anyone else I would rather have at my side than you three. So, you get to be my Clanmates. This will be a war council. Meaning you should come armed like warriors. Or in case of shamans dressed in robes." At this his gaze fell on Sevti. No matter she and Gavin did not follow a same God. He trusted her and that was enough.

"Now to explain my plan. We can't win in direct combat. Not in the long run. We can win a battle, but the war will wear us down. It has been thus in the past. Each and every time. So, what we need to know is to trick the Duke into thinking it is different this time. There are two ways we can do it. By instilling fear in his troops. That would mean terror tactics and I won't do that. I prefer the other way. That means rumors. Making the common people look kindly upon us." The big man's eyes rested on Syrawenn.

He had another choice. But, he would never do that. He would never use Syrawenn. Not even if it was his only hope. "I will make it very clear. I can do the fighting. I can even lead them to battle. I will however not be the leader. I am not doing this so I could replace the Count or Duke with myself. I am doing this to remove them. After that it is up to the people to see what they want to do. Frankly I am tired of fighting. Bu, I started this. I will see it to the end. After that... After that I get some time for myself. I will like that." Flashing a quick glance at Syra he proceeded. "I don't care if they don't believe me. I plan to do just that. The Clans are always eager to fight. For freedom they say. They never think what they will do with that freedom. That is what I want to do tonight. To make them think. To make them agree on a common goal. Only then we can go to war. We can't just fight. They need to know what they will do when they win. I have a few ideas of my own, but I would like to hear if you have any suggestions."
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn felt Sevti's gaze. She absolutely refused to return it. It would only serve to make her more nervous and that was something she could not use right now. There was work to be done!

Yet the moment Abeo spilled his information she felt the floor sink from underneath. Gone was her fighting spirit, gone were the good resolutions.

Sean.
And Peck-a-lot
Does it all come down to the people I know? The people I should have dealt with earlier?
Does it?

Another gaze rested on her. She looked up to find Gavin's eyes.

Time to put an end to things then.
Permanently

"Fine." Her voice sounded so detached to her own ears. "Fine...I see where we stand...Sean might be an idiot, he is an idiot who grew well into the ranks of the One. Peccia might be an arrogant bastard, his skills give him the right to be. We're facing not one, but two very good leaders. At least one of them I can approach. So...I'll take him out. Sean that is. There will be a bit of chaos, with luck and then you guys can take on Peccia. There."

Hands in the air as if she'd thrown something on the table.

I give up. Wherever I turn, it's a dead end. I'm gonna tie up one loose end at least.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Abeo's drunkenness caused no comment in his wife beyond briefly closed eyes and a small sigh. The clans aren't the only one getting restless, she acknowledged, her dark eyes resting on her husband as he finished passing along his information. They held none of the anger and fear that they had previously. The priestess had come to terms, finally, with their differences and rather than resent them, she found a way to be at peace with them.

When Gavin called her Clan, she offered the large Dortman a smile as proof that he, too, was family to her. Come far there, too, she thought, nodding an acknowledgement that she would appear in her robes for the Council that night. Amazing what fighting together can accomplish that all the talking in the world cannot.

Sevti listened to his plan carefully. It made sense. The way the fight had been before hadn't been enough to make more than small headway time and time again. She agreed that any of the ways to instill terror in the Duke's troops were not levels that she would like to stoop to either. Rumors... rumors might work. She'd have to speak with the Priestesses to see what they might do to press forward. That was where her strengths would lay, she knew. Suggesting where the Clans would go from there... that she would leave to the others. The Panling's experiences were far different, her outlook on the future unlike anything that the Clans may want. So she listened.

When Syrawenn began to speak, the priestess' brow furrowed in worry. It was more than just the detachment in the girl's voice. It was the words she used. "Then you guys can take on Peccia." She would do this alone and, unless Sevti was mistaken, her friend didn't expect to come back. So much for thinking I may have gotten through to her, Sevti thought with a sigh.

"I don't think you should do it alone, Syra," she finally spoke, stepping away from the wall. "Yes, you know Sean best, but if he's as skilled as you say, you'll need help. Let us split evenly, two to go after Peccia, two to go after Sean. But no one should be doing this alone." Her dark eyes locked steadily on her friend, refusing to look away until Syra met her eyes.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"NO!" His voice had a subtlety of a sledgehammer. "NO WAY!" Rising from his seat the big man placed his worn hands on the table. Leaning closer to the two girls his eyes flared with rage. "Do you not listen to a word I say. This is not about the four of us. This is much bigger now. Killing one man won't do us much good. They will find another." He tried to calm down a bit, but failed msierably. Eyes now fully focused on Syra he breathed heavily. "I know who Sean is. He is your brother. I am not stupid. Do you think I did not ponder how that could be used? Do you think I did not think this through? I won't use you in such a way. Neither one of you."

WHAM. An armored fist slammed into the table. "Damnit. We had this talk. We don't need such stupid risks this time. We can win this without sacrifice. I know it. We have the army now. No need for you to throw your life away. And don't deny it. I know what you plan. So, drop it. It is stupid. It would probably work, but I would be left without you. Without both of you if she goes with you. I just told you. You are my Clan. I have nobody else I can trust. Don't take it from me." He pointed at Abeo. "We fought alone. For seven yahren. We managed to acomplish nothing. Since we found you two we gained an army. We won a battle."

Turning he sent the chair scuttling across the floor. Angrily the big man paced the room. "I'll make it simple. I won't stop you. But, know this. I think it is foolishness and that it will gain us nothing. And most importantly I don't want you to go. Neither of you. Does that mean anything to you?" It was a low blow. And it was the truth. Let us see how you fare against this? You won't do this foolishness. He would not truly stop her. But, he would make the choice hard. She was stubborn, but there had to be a limit to it. There had to be.

Turning once more he walked to Syra and stared right in her eyes. "Look me in the eyes and tell me. Why do you want to do it? What is the reason? Cause, there ain't nobody asking you to do it. Only people saying it is stupid. So, why? Look me in the eyes and tell me the truth. Or lie me. I don't care. Just look me in the eyes as you say it." This was not going according to plan. Not even close. They were supposed to discuss the Council. Not Syra sacrificing her life foolishly.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]

Return to “Erulzat Archives”