The dream of the Seer : Rebellion against the Tyrant Sam 26

Moderator: Mods

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

“I can walk the night; I will be lighter come sunrise.” She pulled on her feathered cloak. “Trust me on this.” Come morning she would have to return to swan form, she would have to spend the day in that form.

“Enough gabbing already, we need to go.” She stepped outside and tossed the supplies on the sled then waited for the others
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti watched Gavin bring Abeo to the side and, while she couldn't hear what he said, she could guess. Please, Abeo, just listen to him. Give up your stubbornness just this once, she told him silently. So we can go.

When Gavin motioned for her to take the ropes, Sevti nodded. He hadn't accepted or rejected her request regarding the watch. Which means he probably will reject it. If he agrees to a change, he usually makes it known then and there. Him and his orders.

She moved to take the ropes from Syrawenn, trying to settle them into the most comfortable position on her shoulders. Tentatively, she pulled a little. Not as bad as I thought, but Abeo hasn't gotten onto the sled yet. Still, its going to be hard going. She bit her lip, a little harder than she'd meant to. The pain helped somewhat, though. I'll just do the best I can. He can't really ask any more than that, can he? She glanced at Gavin over her shoulder.

Well, he can try. I just it was easier to decide for myself which should be priority. I'm the only one who can track this thing coming at us... She paused for a moment to focus enough to get a read on how close this thing was to them and made a mental note of it. Not close enough yet to warn them, but if we don't get moving soon, it probably will be.

She continued her previous train of thought. So, I'm the only one who can do this. Which means it should be number one. But when I'm walking that needs to be a pretty strong priority as well. What good will I do them if I have no strength left to walk because it's going into the other two things I'll need to do? So that should be up there as well. The watching... not quite as important as the other two because I won't be the only one on watch. But I WILL be the only one on watch in the front or the back. And that could give them the precious seconds that could be the difference between life and death. So that's just as important.

She sighed outwardly. There was no way to untangle this knot. You'll just have to find the strength, Sevti-girl, she told herself. From somewhere. And hope that it's enough.

She waited for the indication from Gavin to go.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

When Gavin took him aside Abeo's first reaction was anger. But Gavin's words where reasonable and they had no time to argue anyway.

Somehow Abeo had the feeling that life got a lot more difficult since the women where around. In old times Gavin and he would have been off, and the house burning behind them marks ago.

It made him feel more venerable, and he did not like it. The idea of him sleeping while the women took care of the moving was not his cup of tea. He just hated the idea.... He.... He......, just not LIKED it.

He wanted to say "Why don't we carry the fight to the enemy like we used to do. We can run, we can meet up with them later on. We did before !!!" But it had no use. Because there was magic brought in the game. And Abeo knew that he could not fight magic.

So he just stayed silent and nodded. The fire lingering in his eyes he walked away, taking his gauntlets and slamming his hands in one metallic clash.

Somehow he had a feeling that death watched them.
Last edited by Albyon on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

Eivlys stepped behind the sled and started to push. She was sure they could all walk and talk at the same time. They had enough food on the sled, hopefully it would not all freeze.

The pot of chowder steamed furiously. What ever chased them would not need that to track them. She was sure they would be being tracked magically; perhaps it was following something about them. “Syrawenn. Did the mage have anything of yours, your hair or your blood?” She asked as they started out. “If he does, he could be using that to follow you. I was always taught to be very careful about who has things like your hair or drops of your blood. These things can be used in magic to find and control people.” She said with a bit of caution. “This could be how he is following you so well.”
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Lidnayden watched relaxed the visions of the group leaving the cabin. She could hear Noir walking outside the tent shouting useless commands to the men.

A smile splayed around her lips. She wondered about what had pushed him over the edge to ask her to help. Some desperately hidden thoughts had given het a clue. With a flick of her fingers a saddlebag opened and the letter hidden inside it flew towards her. It landed on the palm of her hand.

Lord Noir, may you walk in the mercyfull light of Domenicus,

I have to inform you by the grace of general Lwyn that he awaits anctiously the arrival of his sister.
If because of reasons beyond your power this would not be possible in the next two months he regretfully has to inform you that he deems you not suited to be her husband.

So we asked Lord Peccia if he could be requested to save this lady and he accepted, as it was a request of Domenicus himself.

With the blessing of Domenicus, I hereby informed you,

John Dalin, Secretary of the General.

She laughed out loud, while the letter returned to its place. Then she returned to the visions.

"Where are you going children, tell it to mama. This way you guy travel fast enough to escape my pet. I have to give you that...... I better wait until you arrive at the clans area's.

There are still some followers of the Dark Mother among them. And they can call me in."

She knew that Noir would not like to wait. How blissful that was. A new toy was always fun.

She watched Syrawenn, she concluded that she at least never chose for the easy way out. She had reasonable good looks, and that big guy seemed to like her. She could just have married Noir........ well to her credit she refused that. Lidnayden decided that she wanted to talk with this little bitch. Then she watched the others, the tall red haired man was interesting. There where not many of the blood left. And she loved the attitude of never giving up that they had. Besides that they could stand a lot of pain what was always a pleasure to her. His name was Abeo she new now. The other large man came into view, Gavin the follower of the Red Warrior. She did not like him, Red Warrior followers where harder to control. Many of them had helped to destroy the temple now so long ago. He would die first she decided.
The two other women where shady, and she knew why, their Gods had put a blessing on them, Annoying but not a real problem. Still she felt a urge....she would like to meet them. Real rebels got rare lately... and she would love to taste their spirits. She licked her lips and watched.

Outside a archer had to take a new position according to Noir.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn walked on, hearing bits and pieces of the conversation Gavin had with Abeo. She really did not care what they were disagreed on this time, although it was a fair bet the seating arrangements were being questioned yet again.

She sighed and moved on. Sooner or later they'd follow if only not to loose the sled and the supplies. It turned out to be 'sooner' as Gavin called out for her to ease down. Well, he did not call her by name, but how many other troublemakers were there?

The young woman grinned and looked over her shoulder. "We stick to the plan...with minor changes...Gavin..." She stopped for a few to allow him to catch up. "Gavin, seriously, if Sevti is not able to sense incoming idiots if she's pulling, she should not be pulling, know what I mean? You heard her."

In the meantime Sevti had reached her, but Syrawenn held the ropes tight. "I do not feel like being caught again, if you don't mind." Mirth disappeared out of her eyes, quickly replaced by an unreadable darkness. It changed back again in a matter of flickers. "I need this girl to keep track of the evil badboys. I'll gladly take her turn if that means I won't be dragged through the ground again."

She started moving again with the sled. "And I'm not being stubborn, I'm being practical! You're all free to take over from me anytime, but not Sevti...not her...she's my ticket to relative safety. Some people do the work with their hands, some with their brains...and obviously some with magickyfaithfully thingies. I don't care. We're all working here...we're all running here..."

Surprisingly enough Abeo kept silent and the girl was just beginning to get into a snowy rhythm when Eivlys threw a question up she had to catch. Startled she looked at the swanmaiden. "Oh bother...is that how it works? Blood? Well, damn it all to the nether and lock the gates! Yeah...then it's gonna be really easy for him to find me. DAMN!" Her speed increased, needing to put her energy into something useful.

"He knows my bro. Is that blood enough? They work together. And since I kinda ran off on that blasted wedding day Im sure he'll have plenty of hairs to pick from the people who tried to stop me on the way out. Wouldn't it just figure....but then I'm curious as to why he has not caught up with me before...hmm..."

Move, move, move. Get your muscles working, put that anger in there!
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Syra was at it again. She was being all verbal like which was unusual for her. And once more she was right. Gavin realized he was focused too much on the schedule that he did not notice they needed Sevti to watch for the darkness bellow. Smart girl. I should have seen it myself. But, I can't do everything myself.

"All right. I agree. Sevti, you focus on the magickal emanations and see if you can spot that creature approaching. Syra, Abeo and me will take your place in the pulling schedule. But, you will have to walk when it is not your turn to sit. The others need the rest. I should have seen it sooner."

He turned to Eivlys and Abeo and pointed towards the sled.

"Take your seats. And no arguments. You shall watch our back. I'll take the lead. That should allow Sevti to focus on her own kind of watching. All right lets move out people."

Then he heard what Eivlys said and it did not surprise him much. Syra picked up the speed and he knew it did not matter. I never intended to run very far. This won't be solved by running. In the end someone will have to die. And I'll make sure it is not you, Syra. Or any of the others.

"Syra, slow down. No sense in tiring yourself out. Keep the pace steady. If what Eivlys said is true it does not matter how fast we move. They will always catch up. So stick to the plan. I knew this will end in a conflict. The only thing we can do is make sure we are making the rules. All right?"
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti put a hand out to Abeo when he walked by. Just a gentle touch on his arm. Just a reminder that she was there. She turned from him to smile at Syra, a small smile of thanks. At least someone understood. Flakey, but good.

Then she took her place behind the sled. Walking wouldn't be as much of a problem. She could walk and focus at the same time, particularly if her path was being broken by Gavin, Syra and the sled all before her. Pan, I know I'll need your blessing more later but... if we can just find a safe place to fight this. Please get us at least that far. With one last look at the group before her, she added, And please protect them as you always have. They need it more than I think they know.

And she sent her focus outward to find this abomination against life. How much time do we have to get away from you now? she asked herself. How much time until we have to stand and fight against you? She started to walk, her physical eyes scanning the countryside around her while her focus stayed on the ever approaching darkness.
Last edited by Sevti on Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tickle-fight champion.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo sighed, for now he would just do what Gavin said. There was no use in getting trouble in the ranks and Gavin was the commander in chief.

When Sevti passed by and touched him he took her hand and pushed it against his cheek, he just wanted to feel her skin.

Now the rage was gone he felt the bruises and minor wounds that he got in bashing the undead warriors.

His mind lingered around the idea of Syrawenn running of on her wedding day. Oddly enough it made sense, the idea of her getting married a contradiction. Although.......if she watched Gavin.

He decided to be smart, and for once not to say what he thought. Maybe on a other day he would ask if she would marry Gavin in stead.
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

The swanmaid sighed. “Gavin, come morning I will become a swan. I will ride in the sled then. This night is my6 time to be human, I can walk now.” She stated flatly.

The man did not listen, and when he did it seemed what he heard was filtered through his own perception. She listened to the story of the wedding, and nodded grimly. “Your brother’s blood will not track him to you, it would have to be yours. Your hair might though.” She said shrugging. She had to know of ways to elude mages, that was the worst thing in the world, to be caught by a mage.

“Did you run from the wedding to find Gavin?” She asked. “If we could get to the other side of the island, there is a small retreat of swanmaids, we could find protection there. They have magic to protect them, and I would not wish to cross them. They are very rich and powerful. We could rest there for a time, until it was time to move on, to fight the Oneists.”

She pushed the sled from behind and smiled at Gavin. “I am sure you and Syrawenn would get some time to catch up. I think it is just terribly romantic how you have been rejoined. The fates have truly smiled on you. I mean, what are the odds you would be at my home at the same night she would be there. It was destiny that you would return together. Love like you and she have, it is more powerful then all the magic in the world. Perhaps this is why he could not find you. Your love for each other protected her, until she was able to be at your side.” She gave a wistful sigh, it was lovely. Mortals loving, she longed for the feeling again, the warm electric tingle you would get from a glance across a room or the soft buzz from a simple touch on the cheek. “You were fated to come back together. I am sure of it.”
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

When Gavin called out the girl realized that her pace was perhaps a bit frenzied. Immediately she slowed down to something more stable, enjoying the fact that she was able to walk in Gavin's footsteps once he'd take the lead. trotting through the snow was harder than she thought with extra baggage attached.

Sevti's smile was caught and answered with a lopsided grin of her own. "It's okay, Gav...it is...just needed a little extra. Cooled down now. All fine. I know they'll catch up. Too bloody close this time. Really sorry to involve ya, but if anyone, then rather you guys." She stopped a flicker to think. "Wow, that came out wrong. Anyway, I guess you know what I mean...our rules...making the rules...right...I guess we can do that. So what's the rule on throttling brothers?"

On the young woman went again, moving through the snow. Eivlys had her little piece to say on the seating arrangements this time.

It was actually kinda funny. Each time they thought they had the basic movement plan down something changed again. Secretly Syrawenn grinned. She didn't want to give people the wrong idea about her inside joke. Again someone made a valid point about not riding right now. It would most probably be lighter to pull the sled when Eivlys was in swan form, so despite the fact that Syrawenn could argue the girl needed to sit now so she could scout ahead later, she wasn't too sure whether or not to say anything about it.

Of course this was the moment Eivlys chose to start about fate and weddings...

Syrawenn blushed furiously, not knowing where to look. Instead she choked on any word she might have spent on the swanmaiden riding or not and decided to give a few brief answers to satisfy the incurably romantic woman.

"Actually it was almost the other way around...I kinda ran away and uh...ended up in my beloved family's hands again. They were really glad to get their troublemaking daughter back to marry her off as soon as they could. The guy's a creep so I bit his nose and ran again. No offense to Gavin...but that was more to save my butt than to get back to him...not that I mind ending up here..." A quick look at the big man whether he had heard or not. She wasn't too sure about what to tell or not. At least he had not freaked over the idea of her being engaged yet. Maybe she might tell him the rest someday.

When pigs fly and blueberries turn yellow!

"Retreats sounds wonderful...but if you don't mind me saying so...I ain't gonna be the cause of more death and destruction. Let's stay away from the nice and cosy places so they can remain nice and cosy places." It sounded grim, but right now the girl would put nothing past Noir now that he had proven to be in league with dark magics.

"Clans sound better. They know how to fight and such."

I am not gonna comment on the romance...I am not commenting on destiny...I don't like destiny...destiny has screwed me! UP YOUR'S, GODLY BITS! Love protecting me...HAH...where was love for those yahren then, huh? Shuddup, she wants to be romantic, she can be romantic. Let her believe it. Anything to get this bunch through the mess you created for them.

Mood sagging.
Energy building.
Moving on.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin chose to remain silent as Eivlys became romantic. No words could explain what he felt for Syrawenn and he did not wish to try and do it. Yet, it brought smile to his lips when she asked if Syra ran from her wedding for him. Hah. That would be the day. She ran cause she did not like him. But, I wonder if she would do that for me. I certainly would do it for her. Elope and leave my bride for her. Nether, I would fight a God for her. Yet, he remained silent.

He was scanning the woods for movement when he realized her next word were directed to him. She spoke of romance and magic of love. And for a flicker it sounded as if it might have been true. Fate... Odds..... Destiny.... Such hollow words. We are together now. It is all that matters. And we are not going to be separates again. Not while I live.

He felt his rage rising once more and forced himself to calm down. There was no danger here. And she could take care of herself. And if she can't I am here. My life for you, Syra. My soul for you. My honor for you. Yes, even my honor. Something I never gave up. Even that.

He was about to reply to her when Syra spoke. He knew Syra. Knew that she did not like too many questions. And asking the wrong ones would make her angry. I made her angry only once. And I died that day. She brought me back. And now I know. She will tell me all I need to know. And I am happy with that. This is a tricky part. She is speaking of it, but trying to change the subject. To explain it. This story will take some time before we hear it. Leave it be, bird lady.

And then it was time for him to speak. The big man did not turn. He simply raised his own voice so they could all hear him. It rang true, but it looked strange. Like he was addressing the world in general and not the people behind him.

"No retreats. No more retreats. There is a reason why we are going to the Clans. Once I brought peace to them. I stopped a massacre. And they will remember me. But, this time I will bring them war. Only this time we can win. It will be a long fight, but I think there is hope."

He turned and looked Eivlys in the eyes. He stared a flicker before he continued his walk.

"You speak of fate. There is no fate my friend. There are only problems and people. Some people overcome these problems. And some call that fate. But, it is not fate that does this. It is hard work and skill and belief. I believed I would find Syra again. And I sought her. Maybe she sought me. And we overcame this problem. Now, another problem looms over us. And, together we will remove it. And face the next one. And then the next. And the next. And we shall do so until we die."

Once more he turned and this time he smiled. And once more it lasted only a flicker before he turned and continued his walk.

"But, this is not a bad thing. I welcome the challenges. They are what makes me better. The bad thing is giving up. Letting others solve your problems. And that is something I will never do. I welcome the help, but I don't let the others fight my battles. And all you need to do to die happy is keep on trying. So when you die you will know you did everything you could. So you don't die asking yourself 'Would if I tried to help Gavin fight his wars?' or 'What if I did not fight?'. Be sure of your choices and do what you think is right. The past can not be changed, but the future can. So focus on that. And keep on fighting.Syra showed me that."

She showed me that when she broke me. When she broke me and rebuilt me. And I thank her for that. But he did not say those words aloud. He was not the one to bring such things back. It is the past. What's done is done. And this is for the best.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Marks passed while Lidnayden watched the fugitives patiently. Lord Noir had decided to visit a nearby farm to spend the night.

Then in the early morning light the storm eased. Lidnayden watched the entrance of the tent when he became aware of arriving horses.

Two tall men entered the tent carrying a chest, putting it in front of Lidnayden.

"Hello my dears, I am happy to see you. And I bet you two are happy too, or you would die isn't it ?" she smiled. She touched the chest that opened instantly, revealing several flasks and cups. She took a large flask and filled a small cup. After taking a zip she pulled the first man's head close and kissed him long and deeply. After that she did the same with the other man.

"I love giving the kiss of life.." she grinned. "Maybe it would be more fun if had not cut your tongue out." Then she realised what one of the men was thinking and her view returned to the visions showed by the crystal ball.

"Flamesword and Greywolf ? Those two ?" The man nodded franticly.
"Thank you hon...., you are free to go." The man ran off.
Lidnayden, was stroking her chin while watching the pictures. "Then they are going to join the clan's. You have to bring some of the slave poison to the priestesses there. They can call me when they arrive." The man nodded.

Lidnayden took one of the small golden flasks out of the chest and murmured "A poison that only kills when you don't take the antidote on time. It was one of our biggest secrets honey. You know because you where one of the men destroying us. And now you serve me......until one day I forget to kiss you and you die....." she chuckled and danced away from the man.

She watched the visons again. "They say that Flamesword is a "blood". They have a strong spirit. They become rare nowadays. They fought themselves dead against their enemies. Idiots, but they are.........hot. And Greywolf is a Red Warrior just like you. Yes bring the poison to the other dark mothers, so they can poison them. after that they can decide to die or to serv. And Noir has a way to keep his Syrawenn near him. Although I think she is smart enough to die before he pushes his tongue down her throat. except when she wants her Gavin to live." Laughter filled the tent when he threw the flask to the man. "Bring it, and return in time honey.."

The man ran off, sounds of a horse leaving the cam was soon after heard.
Lidnayden leaned back, watching the show she enjoyed so immensely.

Suddenly she remembered the creature following the fugitives, and she grabbed the little statue. She remembered where she found it. The crushed body at the feet of the dolmen. Oddly enough the statue was repaired and the spirit of the lost soul in his unmarked grave tried to prevent her to take it. She still enjoyed the memory of its begging to give the statue back, before she destroyed its sanity totaly. Quickly touching the jewel she commanded the creature to return to mother. She would use him a other time, for now it was to slow.

[hr][/hr]

For the fugitives the weather improved, the storm got less and there was a beautiful clear sky sunrise.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

As the morning sun rose, her curse came on her. She stepped to the back of the wagon and started to undress. “Please, a moment while I change.” Her body changed, but not her clothing.

She shivered in the cold until the cloak did what it needed to do. “I will not be much help until night fall. I will do what I can though.” Her body shifted and changed, turning into the swan she needed to be.

She was clumsy outside of water, not graceful at all, and even worse in the snow, for this reason she was sure to be on the sled when she changed.

She let out a breath and turned her head, tucking it into her wing, then tried to sleep.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti listened to Gavin speak of the absence of fate, work, skill and... belief. His little speech told her more than yahren in his company could have, certainly more than the time she'd already spent. She watched him as he broke their path, seeing two versions of him there - the old and the new. He's everything I'd ever thought he was, but he's also so much more. His beliefs aren't so different than mine, when I think about it. Just a different focus. It's something I should have seen long before now. Why didn't I see it before?

And she knew the answer was two-fold. One, is that he didn't want her to. He didn't want anyone to. Gavin is who Gavin is, and much of that is closed.

The other was simply that she didn't want to. That is to think about later, she told herself, focusing on the darkness constantly behind them. At least it wasn't gaining.

[hr]

It wasn't long after dawn when something changed. The abomination that had chased them through the night simply... left. She could still feel it, but it was retreating from them rather than gaining on. Pan? Is this your doing, Horned One?

She heard no reply.

"Whatever's been following us has turned around for now," she told them just before they stopped to allow Eivlys to change her form. "I don't understand it because it wasn't anything I did to make it do so. And... I don't really trust it." She turned to look at Syra. "He wouldn't have given up, would he?" She had a feeling she already knew the answer, but she had to ask anyway.

As she always did when worried, she moved closer to Abeo. She let his large, reassuring presence calm her. He'd always promised her he'd never let anything happen to her. He'd always kept that promise. She never doubted that he would ever break it.

Her hand rested over her abdomen. And now there was even more reason not to. They'd spent two marks together on the sled and talked, a little, about the child. It was good to, however briefly, discuss something mundane. Not that it pushed the danger they were in out of her mind for a moment. The darkness always waited, always following them. But it helped her remember there was more to life than running to somewhere they could fight. Helped her remember that there was something to escape for.

She waited for Syrawenn's answer, for a reaction to her information, for them to get moving again, all within the security of Abeo's arms.[/hr]
Last edited by Sevti on Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tickle-fight champion.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo was silent, and on guard. Somehow he was tense. He had a feeling that he was watched and he knew not why.

Then Eivlys turned into a swan.

Mmmm, a woman by night and a swan by day. Swan eggs by breakfast I guess, and be careful that you kiss at the right time.

He watched Gavin telling them that they would go to the Clan's. he knew that already so he just nodded.

Boy, Syrawenn got really deep under his skin. I wonder when she starts running again. I bet three days not more. But I believe different when she sleeps with him. The coming night shall be a interesting one. O well maybe no moaning "Please Syrawenn" anymore when he sleeps and I am on guard.

He scouted the horizon. Something had to be there !!!
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

The girl had dreaded Gavin's replies to the swanmaidens questions. Yet his direct, elegant answer caught her off guard. He agreed with her...he did that a lot, often; very unlike her memories of those first days in which they seemed caught in constant verbal warfare.

Yet it was not the agreement that sent the shivers down her spine: it was his next remarks. He sought me...he did...I wasn't the only one....he was looking for me! Her heart jumped up and down yet her stomach clamped down with a cold brick inside. It was such a relief to not be alone in her idiotic dreams and yet...the implications were quite staggering to the young woman who's idea of good communication implied being able to knee someone in the groin at the appropriate time.

He knew we'd meet again...why did he know that? Why did I doubt it then? And if I really doubted, why did I keep the damn pamflet? Did I doubt? Did I look? I SHOWED him to keep on fighting? Oh...wow...no...I did not. I think that's his dream. No...bloody netherbats on a stick...he's thinking too much of me. I'm just me! I'm...
tired.

Guilt over possibly not being able to openly return the intensity of Gavin's feelings washed over her. The girl knew who she had held on to for all those yahren. She knew what had kept her sane and which goal had kept her going, but to actually find it and find the goal taking her in without so much of a fight...it was scary!

A question pierced her thoughts. Syrawenn looked up at Sevti. "Huh? Oh..nah, you guessed. He won't quit. He prolly has another plan set up somewhere."

She fell back in her inner discussion.

Should I do the same? Should I tell him such things? But what if I can't? I know what I feel, I know what I think! Why is it so damned hard to just SAY it....Wow, that kiss...I don't think I'd ever done that if he had not made that grab for me, would I? DAMN you're such a coward! Just SAY it...it's more than liking. It's way more than liking. It's another L word...SAY IT....no...it's not...right. Leave him his space. The man has to breathe and he has to know I have no claim whatsoever. We'll see what happens.
We'll see.
Or not.
This ain't just about me, ya know.

Reasoning it through did nothing for her mood and when it was her turn to ride the sled the girl hunched over, hiding in her warm cloak to avoid having to talk to anyone. She wasn't even sure who was supposed to ride with her at this moment. With everything she'd been through the last few days and the insane emotions of the last couple of marks the girl finally could not keep her eyes open anymore and before she knew it, she fell asleep, leaning against whoever was sitting next to her.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

It was Gavin's shoulder Syra awoke on. He was sleeping as well. Even snoring gently. He was tired and these four hours were his. Yet he did remove parts of his armor and settled her head on his shoulder before he fell into sleep. And it came quickly. Somehow her closeness made him more calm.

His dreams were anything but calm. There was a dark temple. And men, men he felt were his brothers were approaching it. And he watched from outside as the song of steel was heard from within the temple. He could not approach, but he could see the fire burning. The man came out and the scene changed. They were still the same, but they were kneeling in front of a dark woman. She was beautiful and she was laughing. And she kissed each man in turn.[i]

It was the voice of Eivlys that woke him up. He rubbed his eyes and before he was done there was a swan on the sled next to him. He knew he did not sleep much, but he did not feel like sleeping. He was cold and it was not just the weather. It was the dream. A dream he could not remember.

He rose before Syra could start pulling the sled and flexed his muscles a bit. It was then that Sevti spoke and he smiled. [i]First bit of good news. I don't think this is done, but it will boost their morale. And that is good.

"I think we could camp here. We'll rest for a tide and then proceed. We should get to the Sharnah Cairn before night. It is a small village. We won't linger long there, but it is along our way. We might get some more supplies. Maybe even a horse to pull the sled. Abeo start the fire. I'll set up the tents. And then we might use something to eat."
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti nodded at Syra's reply to her question. It was as she'd expected. Did he know that she could sense this abomination? That she was part of what was keeping them a step ahead? Is that why he's called it home, off of their trail, expecting to find another way to catch up with them?

Or were they already on a path to something far worse that they couldn't vere from?

She glanced around at the weary group, knowing that no one had gotten much sleep the night before - she knew she'd gotten none, for the desire to keep track of that which followed since no one could spell her in this task.

She glanced over her shoulder at Abeo and saw worry there. He was scouting the horizon, but not with his usual caution. Is there something he's sensing that I'm not? she wondered.

"Abeo, what's wrong?" she whispered to him, refusing to try to hide her own concerns from him.

Before he had a chance to answer, Gavin spoke of camping for a Tide and gave instructions to himself and Abeo. She decided she would take care of the cooking. But first...

First, she had to at least bring up her concerns to Gavin, even if he dismissed them. And alone. It took them forever to get started last night because she'd voiced her concern outloud and everyone kept debating it. She wasn't going to be the start of that again if she could help it.

Walking away from Abeo, she approached the large Dortman. "Gavin, I'll take care of cooking something for us to eat but... can I talk to you for a moment first? It's a thought, a concern, that came to me regarding the disappearance of our tracker."

She picked up a few pieces of wood while she waited for him to allow her to continue.
Tickle-fight champion.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo, searched for firewood and started the fire. Over time his uneasiness had grown. He watched the crows who flew in the sky.

Somehow I don't like those birds. Something is watching us, I just know it. Pan's blood.

Then Sevti asked "Abeo whats wrong ?", he responded by shaking his shoulders and said "I don't know. It's just going to easy I guess."

A healty dose of paranoia kept him watching the horizon, so he decided to keep watch. His eyes sometimes lingered on Sevti, the idea of him becoming a father bothered him a bit. Children in times of war where vulnerable, and this would be a war. Then he concluded that it did not change much except some extra happiness.

Extra happiness......he watched Gavin and Syrawenn and wondered why they where playing a game. So scared to hurt each other that they never got close enough to really enjoy it. Pan had sometimes nasty tricks up his sleeve.

The sky was clear, Abeo did not see any crows anymore. It did not change his feelings. He felt the tiredness in his bones, he could not sleep, waiting for something and he did not know what. Sevti had said that it left, but something had stayed. He spat in the snow.

He growled "Pan's blood". Pacing up and down and cleaning his axe he could keep the growing excitement under control. The last time he had had this was a few years ago. When Gavin and his camp was attacked in the early morning. He knew better then to ignore his feelings.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

He made the camp so many times before that it did not take much time to set up the first tent. The second was coming along nicely when Sevti came to him. He did not stop his work, but merely acknowledged her presence with a nod.

When she spoke of her fears he felt cold once more. All the hairs on the back of his neck stood up and he shuddered slightly. That woman. She is the answer. The black one. The mistress. I almost feel her hands upon my throat. Well, I don't bend my knee to anyone. Never again.

"I had a dream while I was riding in the sled. Of a dark woman. And I feel her shadow over us. The players have changed, Sevti. I feel it too. We are not safe yet. We won't be safe until Noir is dead. And all his allies. But, this is not the place to meet them. Nor the time. But, it will happen soon."

He stopped his work and turned to her. A smile was on his lips. A smile so out of place in the current situation. He looked like he was enjoying himself.

"But, go ahead. I am listening."
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Gavin's dream, his acknowledgement of some of her own fears, chilled Sevti even more. And I bet that Abeo's feeling something too. More than it just being too easy. She looked briefly away from Gavin to her husband. And he's excited about it too. That's what scares me most of all.

The smile on Gavin's face brought on the following thought, And he's not the only one. Me, I just want this over, Horned One. Over and all of us safe.

"But, go ahead. I am listening."

Sevti took a deep breath. "I think that we all feel it. The fact that this is far from over and it's just gotten more dangerous. Abeo's watching the horizon. Tries to tell me that it just feels too easy to him but... I know him. It's more than that. He may not know, but it is. And I know I don't trust this thing leaving us."

Her tongue darted out to nervously wet her lips, her eyes searching around her for something she couldn't quite find, couldn't quite place. Her voice got softer, as though afraid to be overheard, but not by the others of her party. By something else. "I can't help but think that we've been herded this way. That whatever was chasing us was wanting us to go in this direction. We've come just far enough that it wouldn't be worth it to follow Eivlys' plan to go to the swanmaidens, haven't we? That the only place it makes sense to now go is the Clans?"

She rose her eyes to meet Gavin's. "What's waiting for us there, Gavin? What kind of trap has Noir and those with him laid for us at the end of our journey?"
Tickle-fight champion.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Sleep.
Warm.
Comfortable.

A smile was on her face while the young woman leaned closer to Gavin than she'd ever dare in waking life. His warmth smoothed out her chilled bones, a half waking part of her snuggling closer every time they moved.

It was with considerable regret that she woke again to the cold and misery. The talks around her were all about new traps, new problems and new risks.

I should never have come.

By her impetuous action she had put four other people in jeopardy, three of which she knew well. Four people she did not want to see hurt, four people that could be used to blackmail her, knowing Noir...four people that might not give in to that blackmail and suffer the consequences on her behalf, knowing them...

How she hoped they would give in! Then there would be a change to get out of this mess together. A chance that was lost as soon as either one of them decided stubbornly to die instead of to fight another day. The warmth that had spread through her body evaporated as she considered the options between bad and worse.

The girl took the sled again, keeping silent until she actually noticed they were not going to move any further for now. Gavin was already woring on the tents. The girl snapped out of her dread and started helping the big man, trying to look like she was not listening to the little conversation between him and Sevti.

Of course she listened. It was going to be hard to find a private spot here out in the open. Of course it confirmed what she already feared. Sevti was thinking with a clear mind. Of course Noir knew these lands, of course he knew there was only one place to go right now. She gritted her teeth as she kept helping set up the camp.

Finally she could not hold still any longer. "He'll know. He's a smartass. Even with the clans we'll have to be careful who we talk to or even who we have at our back. The day you stop looking over your shoulder is the day you die. I don't understand your words about darkness and stuff, but I do know that you gotta be right...with the shadow thingie that grabbed me and all. I dunno what will happen. I just know that I don't want you guys to die, okay? Don't do anything rash...don't go for the whole 'it's an honour to die' thing, cause that's crap, to be honest. It's crap if that means you won't get to stand with the rest to fight our way out together."

Quickly she turned, hiding the paralyzing fear she felt growing inside. Everything was so damn hopeless! This was not what she was made to fight. The girl could kick and stab like any practiced person, but when it came to the magics, she was as helpless as a babe. It was hard to believe Noir had resorted to such things only to get his hands on her. There had to be a bigger game, there had to be.

If only she knew what it was. Once sabotaged, he'd leave her alone for sure.

So...what if I let him catch me...to figure out what he's gonna do...how about that...
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Evand Gerdian watched the other riders assemble around him. Pride made him smile. The Caesar had allowed his faithful servant to ride with those brave riders. The scouts had returned to the Lord to rapport their findings.
They had visited the local village leaders to find out more about the escaped prisoners, Abeo the paneling also known as Flamesword, Lord Gavin Tylvan, also known as Greywolf and High Priestess Sevti also know as, well, High Priestess Sevti.

The stories where well known to Evand, how Lord Gavin refused to acknowledge the exalted Caesar, bless his name, and rebelled against his divine rule. How he managed to stay in freedom and fight Caesars armies for several Yahren. Challenging the rightful leaders appointed by Caesar himself. And the stories about his bodyguard, the paneling, rumoured to be a member of that dreaded pannish cult "Follower's of Pan's blood". The man who laughed in the middle of battles while killing many, some with his bare hands. Escaping from prisons and armies alike. Some said that when you got close enough you could see the fire in his eye's, hatred beyond that of normal mortals and that it fueled his madness. Some said that those eyes where the real reason why they called him Flamesword.

Evand looked at the paper, viewing the faces he ended as always at the last one, High Priestess Sevti, a beautiful woman, who helped the two men escape. While folding the paper away he wondered why a respected Priestess would do such a thing. But he remembered his orders. Kill the men and take their heads and burn the bodies, capture the lady and send her unharmed with the heads to Citadel to face the Caesar, on orders of Caesars seer Lady Elaine herself. He had heard that Lord Ulder, the head of Caesars guard and husband of Lady Elaine himself had brought the orders to General Lwyn. He tried to surpress the feelings of pride again.

The scouts assembled with riders of the purple guard. Their leader a experienced dort hunter stepped out of the group and bowed in front of Lord Evand.

"My lord, we got informed that the fugitives have been in this area, they went north according to some peasants. The people are reluctant to give information about them but we are sure that they went there. There are some cabins where they can hide. And it would be on their way to the Clan Maddoc, where they would have allies. The Maddoc are known for their hatred against the Caesar."

Evand nodded. "Send some scouts to keep a eye on the Maddoc, others go north to track them down. We gentleman, move our camp closer to the Maddoc !!"

Orders where given and the camp was broken up. The riders and the footman moved. The army started the march.

[hr][/hr]

For the fugitives the weather was better now, a bleak sun lighting the highlands. Some birds even dared to sing again. The snow was high but dry.
For the high priestess it felt that some of Pan's joy had returned to the land. The swanmaiden had a feeling that the weather would be good for a few days. The father of the heaven was watching the land...

[hr][/hr]

In a tent Lidnayden woke up knowing that some gods had acted against her. The Red Warrior and the father of heavens had send warning signs to mortals. She cursed them both. When she got information of movement by the purple guard, her day got even worse. Now she hoped that her servants would act swift and effective. And that Noir would get some support of those blasted General Lwyn.

For a few flickers her eyes flared up with red flames while her anger rose. Then she got herself under control again. At least she had had some entertainment in the last few hours. His bones would serve her as well as his flesh did to satisfy her passion.

She relaxed, knowing that the next days she would not be able to watch them. But there where other ways, she summoned the crows and send them out.

[hr][/hr]

Noir was writing a letter.

Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo was silent.............very silent, he hardly spoke a word. Although he kept close to his lady and when he was near would rest on her side. But all other moments at least one of his hands would linger around his weapons.
His eyes searching the sky and grounds.

He realised that he had not slept for the last two days, but somehow he was not able to do so. And tiredness started to take its toll. But as usual he would not accept it and use his rage to make sure that he stayed awake.

And it was fun to watch Syrawenn and Gavin together. He also realised that he felt complete again now Sevti was there, the yahren that Gavin and him traveled and fought the empire had done different harm to him then the scars that it left on his body.

Nowadays he would wake up in the middle of the night and watch Sevti sleeping beside him. Somehow unable to believe that she was there, always some part of him was waiting for the moment that she would disappear and leave him behind, alone.....lost.....empty.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”