The dream of the Seer : Rebellion against the Tyrant Sam 26

Moderator: Mods

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

Her heart pounded, she made a cut, she was sure of that. How deep and how vital she was not sure of, it was not her focus of attention. She had her though, in her arms as her wings beat to lift them higher. “We have to get out of bow range, we will drop soon, the tree line will cover us in a moment.” Avoiding ground fire was key when fighting from the air.

She knew about this kind of war, it was the manner one would fight when you could fly. “We will be back at the cabin soon. I could not let you go without trying the soup.” She thought a moment. “Unless you want to go someplace else. They will not be able to track me unless they have some special spells. The creature he summoned may be able to though.” She dropped a bit to use the trees for cover. The tree tops whipped past under them as she held onto Syra.

She looked at her dagger, and droplets of the freezing blood clung to her curved dagger. “If we do not return you, they may go after you, and face all those men alone. Die looking for you when you are not there. I would hate to leave you someplace just to have you picked up by that thing again.” She puzzled this out loud.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Blood, I bloody bleed. That thing was a Swan Maiden, a unholy beast !!

A scream followed when Lord Noir started to yell towards the sky, after Syrawenn and Eivlys "I get you fo this, I promise you bitches."

Then he turned towards his men, he pointed at two of them and ordered them to go out and get help. Noir wanted some paladins to hunt down the beast. And lady Lidnayden, the witch without comment they ran off.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

For the moment, she ignored Abeo's calling to her. She didn't want to be mollified by her husband and more than she wanted to be mollified by Gavin. When she felt his hands on her, hands gently pulling her back, she turned to hit him.

It was only then that she noticed the blood.

Huh. Blood. Never did that before. She opened her hands to allow Abeo to bandage them, her anger still boiling within her. It was almost destroyed but Abeo's smile, his gentle kiss of her hands.

But then Gavin spoke again.

His calm did not cool her own. It only served to enrage her more. Talking to me patiently, once more like I'm a child, she burned. Doesn't the bastard EVER get angry?

She remained silent as he patiently went through her ranting point by point. Two can play the calm game, she decided, though there were several times when she held her replies back only through sheer force of will.

Though you know some of what he says makes sense? the little voice that inhabited the back of her mind whispered.

But he doesn't have to be so bloody calm and arrogant about it, she bit back.

Who's being arrogant? came the reply.

Sevti stopped talking to herself at that point.

When he was finished, she turned to look over her shoulder at him while Abeo continued to tend to her wounds, her smile a parody of the sweet, natural one she usually wore.

"One," she started with saccharine sweetness. "The reason that the water comment 'irked' me, as you say. It's because it, like everything else, is something I have done before. Something that I didn't need to be told to do once again. That, if you'd given me a chance to take a little initiative on my own, I would have done without your prodding. And, once again, it was another instance of your lack of faith in me. And tonight, I've had enough of it.

"Two," she continued, dark eyes blazing over that smile, "No, I never HAVE asked to come with you. But you've never been up against anything I could do more than be a hinderance with before. I'm not a fighter and I know that. And never before have you come up against something I could fight against. Pan's Balls, until tonight, I didn't even know my prayer had THAT much power. But I knew that every time you came back, the times when you said how close it had been, those were the times when I had felt my prayers most needed, while I sat there and waited not knowing if you would even be coming back. And those are the times when I prayed once more to Pan for you to come back safely. Just like I did tonight. And I never expected you to think of prayer," she glared at Gavin.

Then she turned away from him to Abeo, "But you should have known better. You should have, just once, said 'Sevti, pray for us.' Because you know Pan's strength, know that he fills you with enough passion that keeps you filling his cup over and over again. And you know that my prayers could possibly turn the tide, help bring Pan's blessing down upon you. But you didn't even think to ask."

A single tear ran down her cheek as she looked at her husband, still angry, but also filled with a hurt that she never knew existed until now.

Most of the fight had been taken out of her in that simple admission, in looking into her husband's eyes. She turned wearily back to Gavin, the back of one hand brushing the tear away. "Tomorrow, I'm going with you. Because tomorrow I can help. And in the future, I'll decide from one time to the next where I'll be the most use. If you want me protected more, then teach me more. The dagger has served me for many years, but I know enough to know that it is not ideal in every situation. And I'll not call on Pan for every little danger if there are ways I can protect myself without calling on his mercy. So starting as soon as is feasible, one of the two of you teach me how to better protect myself."

She was silent for a moment, thinking what to say next, realizing the anger no longer existed. Instead, she was very, very tired.

"Maybe I should have spoken sooner," she said softly by way of apology. "I don't think I realized how badly this all bothered me until tonight. But you should have realized that I'm not one of your soldiers, used to taking orders, used to being commanded. That sometimes a little trust goes a long way and I could use that."

She turned back to her husband. "And you should have remembered, much more often than you do, that you have a wife to come home to, that sometimes retreating and regrouping is the better plan. Your blade doesn't have to spill the blood of every foe that comes against you, particularly when their numbers overwhelm you. Because your damned-fool pigheadedness convinces me that one day, you won't walk away. You won't return to me. And that maybe, just maybe, there's some part of you that doesn't want to return to me and that's why you take all the foolish chances that you do." This time, one tear followed another silently down her cheeks. She found she couldn't look at Abeo right now so she bowed her head and closed her eyes, her hands still in his for their tending.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

So much more she wanted to yell at him.
So much more she wanted to spit at him.
So much she wanted to kick or bite or at least HURT in ways beyond imagination!

And she got gagged...

Anticlimax.

A SON? Ah crap is that what this is about....so I'll be expendable after that eh? Well, I hope I'm INFERTILE! SO THERE!

More words registered.

Don't need to untie? Ohhhhhh how much do we bet those were HIS soldiers in the dungeons...how much do we bet....no no no I'm NOT gonna go through that again. I will KILL him.

ACCESSIBLE???

Eyes wide with humiliation and disdain the girl was lifted over the horse, Noir's hand firmly placed on her behind. How she wanted to RIP that hand off his arm and feed it to the dogs!

Yet the next thing she knew the girl was no longer galopping uncomfortably, but being lifted into the air by an impossibly strong bird!

BIRDY!

She wanted to cry out in triumph, wanted to answer all the questions about wanting to go BACK to the cabin so the rest would not set out for nothing....to go back to the cabin to see who was still alive....to tell the birdywoman exactly how GREAT she was even if Syrawenn didn't like soup....

"Mphffmmmmpf."

Yup, the gag was still secure. It was going to be a loooong flight.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She let out a soft giggle and undid the gag. “I guess that would make things easier.” She turned around and started to the cabin, she was making sure to take the long and twisted way home. She pulled the gag down with her free hand.

“We will get you back to your man soon.” She said as she turned in the air, the cabin coming into view. “He was in a bit of a fight, but looked ok, when I left.” She said through the rushing wind.

She slowed as she descended to the snowy ground near the sled with the food. She was quick to cut the ropes as soon as they touched the ground.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

The feathery woman giggled, making Syrawenn feel even more stupid. At least she undid the gag, evoking a grateful DEEP breath from the girl. "You!" She shouted through the air. "YOU RULE! THANK YOU!!!"

Of course the young girl had wanted to get out of Noir's hands, if only to prove a point to herself, but to have the insane man foiled once again by the hands of a virtual stranger was just as good. She was out, Noir was pissed and soon they'd be back with the others.

The others...wow, already a group, huh? Wow.....so Gavin is okay....prolly....he better be, or I'll kick his ass. Hold it...did she just say MY man? Oh bother....

A hot blush spread once again. He ain't mine...but I won't object too hard.

The flight was actually pleasant, the weird feeling in her stomach actually heightening the feeling of complete freedom. "Weeeeeee!" She yelled happily, then remembered they were actually fleeing. "Woops, sorry...sorry...it's....feels funny! It's great! Flying is FUN! Look at all the little thingies! Look at em! They are soooo tiny! Ooooooooh hey cool! It's the cabin! Getting bigger now...and bigger...oh, right, descending..."

Luckily for Syrawenns self esteem the ropes were cut as soon as they landed, granting her a moment to regulate her bloodstream before moving into the cottage again. "Wasn't there a door in there somewhere?" She mumbled, raising an eyebrow at the diversity of voices and talk inside. So they were discussing again, eh? And to think people called HER a blabbermouth!

Syrawenn hugged Eilvys as soon as she was within reach. "You...are a true gift, birdy. I LOVE you for this. I DO!"

Meanwhile the talk inside subsided to calm reasoning.

Uh oh...bad sign.

Quickly the young woman stepped inside to survey the damage. Looking at the bandages, the cuts and scrapes and the several looks of dismay on their faces she whistled. "Wheeeeew...can't turn my back on ya for flickers, can I?" A grin finished her grand entrance, waiting for the inevitable reactions. With a bit of luck she might just pull the attention away from the possible bad bad bad bad discussion.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Sevti turned away from Gavin to Abeo, "But you should have known better. You should have, just once, said 'Sevti, pray for us.' Because you know Pan's strength, know that he fills you with enough passion that keeps you filling his cup over and over again. And you know that my prayers could possibly turn the tide, help bring Pan's blessing down upon you. But you didn't even think to ask."

Abeo rose a eyebrow, then he saw the tear, he hated to see her cry. It would have hurt less if she would have sticked a knife in his heart. In a way he felt betrayed by her. Not by the tear that told her pain, but by the words. That asked, no demanded from him a knowledge that he did not possess.

But she even resumed.

"And you should have remembered, much more often than you do, that you have a wife to come home to, that sometimes retreating and regrouping is the better plan. Your blade doesn't have to spill the blood of every foe that comes against you, particularly when their numbers overwhelm you. Because your damned-fool pigheadedness convinces me that one day, you won't walk away. You won't return to me. And that maybe, just maybe, there's some part of you that doesn't want to return to me and that's why you take all the foolish chances that you do." This time, one tear followed another silently down her cheeks. She found she couldn't look at Abeo right now so she bowed her head and closed her eyes, her hands still in his for their tending.

He finished the tending of her hands. Then he rose silently. And spoke calm, but with a terrible determination. First he addressed Sevti "You ask from me to know the powers you got in the seven years we missed. Well I rely on the strength's I know, those are my body, my sword and your love and determination. Thats all I need, and thats what I ever need. I never commanded you to stay behind, you did it yourself. Because first and last I am from the blood, we cherish freedom of choice over all. We even kill for it.
Now you demand from me to think that I do foolish things when I serve Pan, our people and you. You tell me that I should count our enemies first . You tell me that I should stay alive. But until now I stayed alive, my love . And our enemies shall never be in lesser numbers then us......then me. If I don't fight nobody does. Pan's blood call's, you knew then when you married me and you know now. "

He kissed her forehead softly.

Then he walked towards the door and when he reached the barrier Gavin created he waited a flicker. "Gavin, if you make her cry again, I shall take your guts out and put them on a plate..if she wishes she stays with me... " he said, and it was clear that he meant it.

He moved the bed aside and prepared to go out. "If you don't go after that idiotic blabbermouth, then I go..." he remarked calmly. Although his wounds where not taken care of, he knew that the cold would prevent them from being a problem..

The door went open and there was the snow, and blabbermouth........... an eyebow raised.
Last edited by Albyon on Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin noted her false smile. The tone of her voice. The way she emphasized certain words. She is upset. Let her calm down. We are all close to breaking. I wonder where is Eivlys? She is gone for too long now.

"Fair enough. I will try not to state the obvious out anymore. Not be the sergeant I am. You are not a soldier. You are not used to it. So, I won't do it anymore."

Her thought about fighting and prayers did not go unnoticed. Yet, Gavin wondered how much would be wise to voice. How much would not upset her more then she was? Need to be careful. I am close to the edge. So is she. We don't wanna fall over. Not now. Not when Syra is so close now.

"I agree that you should come with us tomorrow. I need the help. I can't take them all out myself. I would try anyway. For Syra. But, I don't like all this darkness. Or magick. Or Gods for that matter. Syra taught me not to trust them. All that power comes at a price. I am thankful that Pan helped us today. I really am. But, I will not put myself in his hands alone. If he helps great. If not, I won't shed any tears. I am like that. And I don't change easily. I lived for thirty yahren like that."

He leaned back and felt every ache in his weary body. Every wound he got that night. And dozens of old ones. No rest for you Gavin. Not yet. You shall rest once you die. Or maybe not. But, nobody else is gonna do your job. So you must keep on.

"I can teach you how to use a sword a spear and a throwing axe. Your husband can teach you the axe. And a few other weapons too. It is your choice what you learn. But, dagger is not very useful in real combat. And we have to get you some sort of armor. We will make a true fighter out of you soon enough."

He looked her in the eyes and smiled.

"I am sorry for this. I... I'll try not to let it happen again. But, so much could have been solved if we have spoken before. Now, if you don't mind I could use some sleep. I'll just take a short nap here. To make sure nobody enters through the door. I'll be okay. Yell if you need me."

Then Abeo spoke. Gavin said nothing. You don't mean it. And I won't make her cry. I did not want to do it this time either. As for the guts, we shall see. That might not be necessary.

He rose so Panling could get the bed out of the way and Syra stepped in. He just stared at her with mouth agape and not truly believing it was her. Then he spied Eivlys behind her and realized what happened. Thank you, bird lady. I owe you. And I don't think I can repay you. Ever.

And she was doing it again. Strolling in like nothing happened. Like everything was just peachy. You gotta love her. She was just pulled into the ground by a black entity while a bunch of undead tried to stop us from helping her and she seems happy? Crazy girl.

Weariness seemed to drop from him like a heavy load. He still felt all the aches, but they were not important. All that mattered was Syra's safety. And he would not rest until he was certain of it. You wanted to help, priestess? Here is your chance.

"Sevti if you don't mind, I could use your help once more. Where is that black thing that took Syra before? And what can we do to stop it? Abeo and I can take care of the rest, but we need help with the blackness."
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She nodded when the thanks was given, changing to her human form. She was feeling a little weaker; she would not keep the angelic form for long and was pushing it as it was. “The creature is still out there.” She warned as she stepped into the cabin. “I need to get changed.” She said as she walked in and to the room. “Collect the soup, we will want something warm while we go through the snow.”

She stopped at the door looking at the men. “We will need to wrap them up and put them in the sled with the food, we can pull them along. If the fates like us, we will move faster then them. If not, then we cannot change what we have coming.”

She stepped into the back room and pulled out the leather and cloth clothing. She would need to change quickly. She strapped on the cloth top and leather jerkin with the leather pants and boots, all shades of tan and brown. Her hair was longer now then it what years ago, she tied it up and back with a leather strap and strapped on the leather belts, slipping the daggers away. Stepping out she was dressed in knee high leather boots, loose wool breeches, a leather jerking with a number of buckles and loops for hooking gear on, and two belts hung at her waist with the daggers slung behind her.

“Time to go.” Her body was starting to feel the exhaustion and cold from the nighttime flight, but her fear of that mage was pushing her on.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

She sat patiently as Gavin spoke, eyes still downcast as she fought back tears. He apologized. That wasn't something that she'd expected. But she was calming now, so she heard his words and took them for what they were. She finally raised her head, tears still falling but slowing.

"We will make a true fighter out of you soon enough."

He looked her in the eyes and smiled.

She gave him a small smile in return. Apology accepted.

Her husband was silent through this, binding her wounded hands. But when he spoke... oh, how Abeo's words cut through to her soul. He doesn't understand. Why doesn't he understand? she thought desperately. It's not what I meant at all. It's not about powers I've gained over the last seven yahren. It's not about him not fighting. It's about trusting me enough. And taking foolish risks. Why can't he equate what Pan does through him with what He does through me? Why can't he SEE that? And why can't he realize he's not the only one to fight. That it's better if he lives to fight another day? That I've never forgotten that he hears Pan's Blood call, but that I can't understand why he must step so close to the line of his own blood spilling out all over the land. I don't know how to make him understand what I mean.

The tears began to fall harder once again.

When he kissed her forehead, she knew he was about to do something stupid. Fight Gavin. Leave the cabin. And she didn't have the energy to stop him.

She heard his words to Gavin. It wasn't just him, Abeo, she said silently, sitting herself in the chair and watching him with dead eyes. Are you going to gut yourself because you had a hand in my tears as well? But she didn't voice it.

She wanted to rise when he and Gavin started to pull the bed away. Wanted to put her hand on his arm, to whisper, "Abeo, I need you." But she honestly didn't know if that would work as it always had. Her head bowed to hide the tears.

She never saw Syrawenn arrive, but she heard her. That chipper voice made her raise her head quickly, face still tear-streaked. Why the blazes is she so happy? She's acting like she just went out for an Trade Tide stroll. A part of Sevti resented Syra right now.

But her arrival did seem to change the mood of the cabin all together. It breathed life into them all. Life they much needed.

"Sevti if you don't mind, I could use your help once more. Where is that black thing that took Syra before? And what can we do to stop it? Abeo and I can take care of the rest, but we need help with the blackness." Gavin spoke to her.

Sevti nodded, watching Eivlys come in to make her own preparations. "If I can answer you while I finish what I started with Abeo." The ambiguity of her statement, and the emotional wringer they'd all just been through struck her and she chuckled. "The bandaging, I mean."

While she waited to see if her husband would return to her, she focused outward, searching for the abomination of evil. And tried to find out just how much information she could get from it.
Last edited by Sevti on Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tickle-fight champion.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Noir watched the face of the man stopping the blood that was poring from the wound in his head. The fear in those eye's made him feel better. In a few marks Lidnayden would be here using her dreadful magic.

A bloodthirsty grin appeared on his face. That witch would make a difference and besides that she looked good too.

He was a bit worried, how come that after two bloody years Syrawenn finally found someone who would be stupid enough to help her......

[hr][/hr]

LITTLE LIFE

BAD LIGHT

Slowly the creature came back to the cabin...
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

The raised eyebrow stayed. This was a social mess, that much she gathered. The netherworld knew she was quite apt at creating those herself, so recognizing one when she stumbled upon it was not much of a feat.

The other eyebrow joined the first when Gavin just stared...and said nothing! Not even a hello!

Taken aback the girl blinked, the last of the lingering panick leaving her eyes in sheer surprise. Alright, so you didn't want people to make a fuss, but this is ridiculous...come on girl can't have it both ways. Be glad they're all in one piece.

And she was glad. It was just that she'd liked a little pat on the back too. Okay, so she had been stuck completely until Eilvys came along, but still.

Right before she managed to talk herself into a terrific offended mood Syrawenn remembered the flight and started to beam. "I FLEW! Well...tecnically I didn't, but WOW! Oh if you wanna know where the mage is, ask the birdywoman. She got me out of there. It's Noir. He's got something bad calling up worse things. And he ain't done yet either...that guy won't rest til either one of us is dead. And that black thing is ...icky...it uh...kinda I dunno, it pulls something outta ya. Take care...take great care."

Yup, she managed. People were busy again instead of blaming each other of stupid stuff. Quickly Syrawenn started to gather up anything that looked useful save the bed. It sure DID look useful, but it might be a little too heavy to carry. The young woman laughed out loud. It was the perfect way to dispel any panick or horror she had felt at being in Noir's hands again. Take the bed...suuuuuuuure. Right, use the sheets, now THAT is useful!

Making a kind of knapsacks out of the sheets she took the edibles and small handy things and bound them together so it would not roll off the sled.

"Whaddayamean, birdy? Who should ride the sled?" She turned to face Eilvys, wondering what else she had in mind. A frown slid over her face at seeing the exhaustion in several pairs of eyes. "Right, skip that question. Several people will ride the sled in turn. Guess what, we're gonna have some snow fun!"

Of course she wondered what Gavin was talking about when he turned to Sevti. Of course she wanted to know what the big fight was all about. This was in her nature. It would be unnatural NOT to want to know. But it would have to wait, like so many other things. The first priority was to get away and get away fast. Besides, she took a kind of childish pleasure in the fact that they had gotten back before this bunch had even begun to set out to find her!

That's the way she liked it! This was her best kind of moment, the one that spelled triumph and being able to COPE. Completely hyper now the girl had energy a-plenty to light up the entire cabin.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

"Abeo, I need you." that was all what he heard. He turned and went back to Sevti.

He hated it when she was sad, and had never learned to handle it. But he knew he would never walk away if he would hear those words from her. Not even in the middle of a blood rage.

He took her in his arms. He stayed silent while he stroke her hair. There was nothing to say. He was there, he would stay as long as she needed him.

He knew that there would be moments that she would be scared, but he could not change that.

He watched while the Syrawenn huricane blew through the cabin, collecting all the stuff.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Abeo's arms around her. Safe. Protecting. Warm.

Once again, she was convinced everything would be alright.

"Sit down, love," she whispered to him. "Let me see how quickly I can get your wounds mended so we can be on our way again."

As she tended to her husband's wounds - politicing and salving the lesser ones, sewing up one large pierce that one of the undead weapons had made above his breast - she began to answer Gavin's question. She let Syrawenn and Eivlys ready everything else without a comment.

"We've got about a mark before it will be here. It's hungry and it's angry. It wants blood. In order, I'd have to say mine, Eivlys', either of the two of you and... Syrawenn is still safe." Her eyes lifted from their work momentarily to watch the girl as she threw items into her make-shift sack.

"As for how to stop it, I'm not certain, but I think I'm the only chance you have there. I'm not even completely certain I can kill it. But I think that prayer is the only chance we have. I can focus my prayer on that if the rest of you can make sure that anything else it tends to send our way is kept far enough away from me. It feels as though this thing is more powerful, more important. And probably alone in that. So hopefully, if we take it out, Noir won't be able to call something similar to come after us again."

When she finished the stitch she was working on, she cut the thread close to the skin, then looked up to find Gavin once again. Her eyes met his, honesty and determination shining through. "I can't be exact, Gavin. This is all still new to me too. But these are the things I feel. And what I can guess, from what we've seen so far. The only thing I'm completely certain of is that we've got a mark. Beyond that, I'm only reasonably certain. But it's better than not knowing at all."

She bent her head back to her work. Only a few more minor cuts to bandage and then Abeo would be ready to face danger once more. A mixed blessing, she thought as she placed the last bandage, then got him his chainmail so he could re-dress.

She refrained from touching him as she wanted to. There was no time now. But she did take a burn to wrap herself in his arms before the mail was on, to feel his warmth next to her skin, to softly kiss his chest just once. "I love you, Abeo," she whispered before she pulled away to make her own preparations for their fight or flight.
Tickle-fight champion.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"A mark.... All right. We will be moving. As soon as we are packed. We won't be able to lose them, but maybe we can force them to fight on our terms. I'll have to think on it."

He started buckling his armor back on as Syra rushed through the house making preparations. It took him a few burns to strap everything in properly and he flexed his shoulder one last time to check. Look at her go. Like nothing happened. She is still doing it. Burying the pain deep bellow. Not realizing it only gathers there and that one day it will come out with revenge. Oh, well. That is a sort of talk we shall have to have later.

"Sevti, if you don't mind you ride in the sled. Pay attention to the surroundings. And warn us if that black thing comes once more. And once it does fight it. We will make sure you are not disturbed while you do it."

As Syra passed by carrying stuff he placed his hand on her shoulder and stopped her. He looked her in the eyes and smiled that sad smile he had when he was both happy and relieved.

"It is good to see you again. You are not fighting that guy alone. And this time he will die. We'll make sure of it together. I am not losing you again."

He let go of her shoulder and went to help packing himself. Blankets, torches, his old lamp, throwing axes and his shield. For a moment he pondered whether or not to carry some logs for fire, but there would be no time for that much rest. If they managed to destroy their pursuers then they could get some shelter. Until then they will have to keep moving.

"All right. We need to keep moving at all times. And I think how we can do that. One person pulls the sled. Two ride that same sled and rest. Two walk behind and guard the three. Every two hours we switch. One of those riding the sled goes to pull. One of the walkers gets the rest. The one pulling is now on guard. That should give us a nice steady pace and we get four hours of rest every six hours."

He looked one last time at the house and walked to the cauldron where soup was still simmering. He picked up a wooden bowl from the shelf and filled it with soup. No time to rest yet Gavin. You can rest in six hours. Time to pull the sled.

"Okay. I think we have time to grab something to eat before we leave. Once we are on the move there will be no stopping. So grab some soup and then we will be on our way. I hope we find a suitable ambush site soon."

As he ate he walked to their host. The bird lady seemed tired too. He felt bad for putting her in such danger, but it was too late now. Guess you are the rebel too now. Gods, I hate doing this. It is so bloody wrong. But, we are doing the right thing. Caesar must fall.

"Eivlys, I am grateful for all you did. I don't think I can ever repay you for everything you have done. I am sorry I placed you in so much danger. We endangered your home and your life. But, I must ask even more. Is there some place where we could fight them on equal terms? Where their numbers won't be such advantage? If you know of such place then it is there that we must go."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The camp was restored and Lord Noir watched the small statue of Syrawenn.
The jewel was silent. Noir knew that it would the creature take at least an other mark to arrive where Syrawenn was.

He opened the entrance of the tent to watch the archers, who now where put on guard.

Bloody, Lidnayden, it shall take at least 3 marks before she is here.

Then a voice, clearly female, soft and seductive said "I did not know that you longed so much for my appearance dear Noire. Before today you where never wanting to pay my price. So what changed, and what can the dark mother do for you ?"

A beautiful tall adhiel woman, with black hair and a fair skin, only her eye's where strange, as the had a deep dark red colour.

Then she resumed with a slight sarcastic tone in her voice..
"Mmmm, they did hurt you, my poor darling..."

She stepped forward and touched the wound, who healed instantly leaving a clear scar.

"Witch remove the scar as well !!" demanded Noir regretting it instantly.

The piercing red eyes turned to ice on him although the smile never changed.

"I like scars on men.......but I can remove it.....if you wish..."

Sweat appeared on the forehead of Noir who started to regret that he invited the bitch.....woman in the first place.

Don't think the wrong thing!!

her voice slashed like a whip. "You already did, Lord Noir, you should stop thinking like that. I read your mind like the handbook of a assassin.."

A finger was placed firmly under Noir's chin, the sharp nail piercing the skin and some drops of blood appeared. "So Noir, where is your little whore now ? You are hunting her for two years. If you are not quick enough, she will be to old for your plan's !!" And she grabbed him between his legs and squeezed.

Her female laughter filled the tent faster, then Noirs eyes with hatred.

Then he told her what happened, and she laughed even louder. A beautiful hate filled laugh.

She was a child of a dieing bread, one of the last priestesses of the Dark Mother. When the powers of the mother started to falter she had enhanced her own powers with the help of other sources. Sources that no sane person would use, but she was a lot, but not sane.

A black crystal ball was quickly taken out of her pocket, it was as large as a fist, radiating coldness. While placing it careful on the table she breathed over it.

Then she waited. "Do you want to know where she is dear Noir, well she is in good company......."

Faces appeared inside the ball, visions of the cabin, voices could be heard. In a few flickers and quick movement of the womans fingers the view enlarged showing clearly Syrawenn, Gavin, Abeo and Sevti and a not so clear view of Eivlys.

"Well, well, she has joined some escaped prisoners !!" Noir said. "That must be the swan bitch." he said pointing at Eivlys.

"Yes." answered the woman "Her protection obscures her a bit. But as long as she is not aware of us, she can not hide. So now the deal..... You want Syrawenn, I want her first child. I also want her child.." and she pointed at Sevti "and I want those to men. They are strong enough to amuse me and make a perfect sacrifice. Take it or leave it."

She sad down, relaxed.

"And as I said before THINKING that you can outsmart me, is not a smart thing to do....."

She smiled, while blood started to drip out of his ears.

The men outside looked at each other, and kept silent. This was not a healty trip.

Inside the tent a deal was made.....
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo stroke Sevti's hair and kissed her. The answer to the "I love you" was clearly visible in his eyes. But as usual he did not repeat the fraise.

He was quickly ready. Although, somehow he always ran into Sevti, and he always exchanged a soft stoke of his hands. Keeping his gauntlets off until needed.

Abeo felt strange by the idea that he fathered a child. It had never occurred to him that it eventually should happen. But the years had past, and it never did. So maybe that was the reason that it did hit him harder then he had expected.

The orders Gavin gave where as always good. So he just nodded and collected his backpack and weapons. At some point he felt strangely, watched and he wanted to ask Sevti if she felt the same when it disappeared. So he made just a bit more haste.

When he was ready he asked, with a calm voice.
"Syrawenn ? Why does this guy called Noir want you ? And what does he know about us.", his eyes explored her face.

He had realised that she had never told why she was followed.
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

“Actually, Gavin, I was thinking it would be more prudent to put the wounded on the sled.” Eivlys said with a matter of fact tone as she pulled a number of fine blankets from a closet. All this time she had been here she had been perfecting her sewing skill.

“If anything will slow us down it is wounded walking.” She handed a blanket to gavin as he got his soup. “We do not need you making your wounds worse or doing some other fool thing men do thinking they are being heroic. What you should do is listen to us and follow instructions. Trust me, when it comes to evading those who hunt you, I would think Syrawenn has more experience then you.”

She looked at the two men. “You may think that you need to be strong all time, that you cannot be the one who is seen as weak. But trust me, you start treading through the snow with your wounds and you risk fever as well as blood loss. There comes a time when a man has to know when to listen to sensibility rather then his own instinct and his own pride.” She looked at Sevti. “Could you pray and concentrate while you walked, so we could put the wounded on sled?”
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

In the flurry of activity which ensued somehow people still found time to argue. It was amazing, but true. Syrawenn shook her head, actually feeling pretty darn good despite the circumstances. Not used to such great heights after absolute lows the girl was unknowingly riding a wave of adrenalin about twice her size and enjoying every moment of it.

This was only heightened by the sudden moment Gavin stopped her in her tracks. Her eyes lit up, taking in the big man's appearance and above all the expression in his eyes. She put her own hand on top of his for just a flicker.

It's good. It's all good. Screw the rest.

"I know, mister." She answered, nodding her head to hide the sudden bout of shyness coming over her. "He's gonna get it this time. No more fun and games. You won't loose me. I'm too stubborn!" A quick grin and they both went on with their tasks.

"Oh, about that sled? No need to argue over it cause we're all gonna take turns anyway. So let's get practical. Obviously I'm not in dire need of rest so I could take watch. I ain't gonna pull two heavy guys on a sled, so forget about that combination. Match up weights a bit and always keep someone able to pull the combined weight free and we got ourselves a working plan. So, how about one heavier one - no offense guys, yer kinda massive- and one of the ladies sitting down to begin with and we'll take it from there?"

Oh, the girl was so proud of herself right now. No bickering, even being incredibly practical when there was a possibility people were going to feel guilty over riding when the rest was walking. Of course the pride quickly fell as Abeo asked what she had skipped over with a little sentence before.

Hiding her sudden cold expression by tying more knots in the sheets Syrawenn answered: "I already told you guys, Abeo. Noir somehow got it in his head we're engaged. And since I say we're not, we got a problem. He wants into the family and I want out. Bad combo. There. Good enough?"
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

The small touches as she crossed Abeo's path helped center her more and more. Bring her back into the now. And reassure her of her husband's love. If I have that and I have Pan's Light behind me, I can survive anything, she thought as the tucked the bandages back into the bag they'd come out of.

As she pulled her hand back out, she had the incredibly urge to press it to her stomach. And you, Little One, she told the life inside of herself. I will do anything to protect you and give you a good world to grow up in.

Gavin told her what he wanted of her and she nodded. It would be the easiest way for her to concentrate on what was coming at them. She still wasn't completely certain what she was doing or how, just that she could feel them. And that her prayers worked. Still, she'd find a way to make it work regardless of what else she needed to do in the meantime.

She pulled the pack onto her back, checking the straps for tightness, and watched the brief exchange between Gavin and Syrawenn. The words spoken between them were said quietly, so she couldn't hear them. But she could see the look in their eyes and she knew that, regardless of the words spoken, it was those that were unspoken that mattered the most. And I can't fault them for taking their moments while they can. I certainly do. She finished tightening the straps then felt the need to be near Abeo once again. It made her feel safer, somehow.

Then Eivlys spoke up with the suggestion of the men riding on the sled. I can understand her thinking, and that makes sense, she thought, But I've seen them fight in worse condition than they are now. And I'm honestly not certain if I could carry the two of them in the sled. I've never been able to pull Abeo anywhere, but by the sound of my voice. How could I do it with the two of them, even on a sled. But it will be up to Gavin.

Before he had a chance to speak, Syra came back with her response, addressing Sevti's fears. Smart head on her shoulders, that one. Even if she does seem a bit... strange. That giddiness when she came in... Mentally, Sevti shook her head.

The small woman was still speaking, answering's question. "I already told you guys, Abeo. Noir somehow got it in his head we're engaged. And since I say we're not, we got a problem. He wants into the family and I want out. Bad combo. There. Good enough?"

"It's a shame there wasn't some way that you could both get what you wanted," Sevti murmurred. "Let him be in, you be out and no reason for you to be anywhere near him. Your family wouldn't go for that though, I bet."
Tickle-fight champion.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

All right. Here is what we do. Sevti pulls first. Abeo and Eivlys are in the sled. Me and Syra on the watch. Two hours pass. Syra takes a seat on the sled, Abeo pulls. Two hours. I sit on the sled, Eivlys pulls. Two hours. Sevti sits. Syra pulls. Two hours. Abeo sits. I pull. And then we go from the start again."

It took Gavin good two burns to complete that plan. And he had to take a deep breath once he was done. Phew. That was complicated. And I got it right. I am certain of that. Without using ink and paper. Go me. Damn you, Syra. I am starting to sound like you.

"And don't worry Eivlys. Me and Abeo have been wounded so many times we don't know what it looks like not to have a wound. We'll manage. And the cold should help. It helps draw the blood away from the skin and staunches the bleeding."

"All right. One more thing. Syra you'll take the lead. Bird lady will guide you from the sled. I take the rear. After that we shall see what we can arrange. I am reluctant to plan so far in the future. We don't know our enemy and his strength."

He noted Syra's comment on Noir being her future husband or at least thinking he was. That man is mad. Forcing marriage on a girl. And even if it were not Syra I would not like it. But, he said nothing.

"So make a move people. We need to put as much distance as we can between us and the enemy. And moving like this will hide our numbers. Try to use other people's footsteps as you walk. I don't think it will work, but it might. We move out."

The big man dropped his backpack on top of the sled and waited for the others to join him.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

When Sevti heard the plan, she looked doubtful about her ability to pull Abeo and Eivlys, but said nothing. After all, I said I'd leave it up to Gavin, she reminded herself. And if he's going to trust you, you've got to trust him.

She did, however, bring up one point. "Gavin, if I've pulled for two marks, and am trying to keep a focus on whatever is coming after us, I'm going to be fairly useless for any sort of watch. I'm not saying I can't walk and... well, 'watch'... at the same time, but there's a limit on how many ways I can spread my focus. If Eivlys or Syra on my first shift on watch, and either you or Syra on my second shift on watch, can take over the physical watching part while I focus on walking and keeping an eye out for the abomination that is heading our way, I should be able to do it. Could that be done?" She looks at those she's named, pressing herself back against Abeo for his support.
Tickle-fight champion.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo chuckled when he listened to the statement of Syrawenn about Noire.

"Good for you, damsel" he replied.

He did not really listen to what the others decided about how to travel. It did not bother him at all. He had walked al his life, as being from pan's isle. So he would just walk with his long strides with the snowshoes he had.

Then he actually started to laugh when he pictured himself and Gavin being dragged through the snow by the ladies. He actually laughed so hard that he trippet over something and almost crashed into a cupboard.

When he was calmed down he said. "Well I never used a horse in my life. As far as I can remember we always walked. Sometimes for days if needed. If I am sick or heavily wounded you guys may drag me around. But for now I walk. The ladies use the sled, and Gavin and me walk. We have always done that. And the wounds we have are not a real cause of concern."

Then he picked up his backpack.

"Lets go......"
Last edited by Albyon on Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn groaned. They had a perfectly nice plan and Abeo was gonna spoil it again. "You know what, mister mule? I ain't gonna argue with you cause I was in a perfectly good mood! If you wanna fall over at some point, be my guest. The rest is gonna follow Gavin's plan cause it's a GOOD plan!"

Almost without thinking the girl had shifted the entire walking idea to the big man. It might work, it might not. She did not feel like getting into another heated discussion at this point.

"So. go ahead and walk...and yeah, Sev, I understand. If you can...feel that thing...I don't envy you." A small shiver. "If you can prevent it from sneaking up on us, you deserve to be out of the pull and onto the sled. I don't see you watching the surroundings with yer eyes when yer watching the shadows with yer mind, ya know? Right, I'm done. Let's go."

Taking her position the girl took out the crossbow and checked the arrow still stuck in it. It was bad to keep it loaded all the time, but right now she was willing to take the risk because those few flickers might save them a nasty surprise when it came down to a fight.

"His friggin problem if he can't handle a little helping hand or sensible thinking." She muttered softly, wondering what on earth a gal like Sevti saw in the brainless donkey. "He don't wanna ride no horse cause he acts like an ass!"

It felt good to get that off her chest while they'd be using their physical energy to get through the snow. Since she just told Sevti to take the sled, Syrawenn walked up to the front of the sled and started to pull, just wanting to get moving before people decided on a democratic vote on with which hand to pull the damn sled! It would probably take a week to decide on it too!

"Talk all you want. I know when we need to get into action and that's now...Quit nagging and doubting. Get a move on and we might actually do something useful around here." The words still came out softly, but the girl did not care if anybody heard. Not waiting for anyone anymore she continued pulling the sled, expecting the rest to follow soon. For all their big talk they were very reluctant to let anyone go on their own after all.

Wussies. Bunch of wussies.

Then why did it feel kinda good?
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin was getting tired of fighting Abeo. He seemed more headstrong than usual. Must be the women. Damned Panling. He needs to show he is tough> Well, guess what , mister? Ain't gonna happen. You are going to ride with the rest of us. We are all the same in this one.

But the big man was reluctant to bring it up in front of everybody. They needed to sort this out in private. So, he pulled Abeo to the side and leaned close to him ear.

"Listen to me now. This is not just you an me. I know we can walk for days without resting. But, they can not. And we need to set an example. So please do as I told. Please. I need you rested and ready. And this is a pretty good plan. Just sit and ride and be equal to them. They need it. Remember what Sevti said about not being invited? Well, this is the same."

He watched the Panling with his brows held high and an expectance in his eyes. He needed the man, but was too weary to argue now. Please, don't be stubborn now, Abeo. Give me a break. Just this one time. You can be an ass later.

"Are we agreed?"

And then without waiting for the answer Gavin made his way after Syrawenn. He motioned for Sevti to take the ropes from the girl pulling the sled and for Eivlys to take her seat. And then he fell back to where his position was. Guarding the rear.

"Hey, troublemaking girl pulling the sled. Ease up. It is not your turn yet. We stick to the plan. So, take the lead and wait your turn. You'll get your chance to pull me."
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”