The dream of the Seer : Rebellion against the Tyrant Sam 26

Moderator: Mods

Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The dream of the Seer : Rebellion against the Tyrant Sam 26

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

A blonde woman slept deeply, warmed by the sun and her mind wandering over all the timelines of Tazlure. She was a Seer, famous in her trade, but now she was sleeping and the story that was unravelled in her mind could have been the future, or not. Because people who died still walked the earth and some had withered away. And time had swayed a tit more then 7 yahren into the future.

And this is what she dreamed............

[hr][/hr]

The empire

...Silk, the new Caesar of the Seven Isles. Caesar of Tazlure. The Citadel had changed under his hand, no longer the dirty, corrupt, misdirected, pathetic mass of worthless bureaucracy that had, under the inept rulership of his dear friend Anochrim, grown impotent, weak, and powerless. It didn't take long for Silk to seal his control over the Advisory Council and then abolish it, leaving only him in complete power over the Empire. Not even the Inner Circle survived, for he had killed, dislodged, discredited, or converted them all, one by one, until only he was left. By virtue of his political advisors scattered all throughout the nations of the Seven Isles, the rulers of it's member nations obeyed....or they were replaced with those that would. And they were always under levy, always bound to Imperial draft...and that made the Empire strong, strong enough to not only stop the Oneist advances all over the world, but strong enough to turn the tide and send them BACK to the lands from which they came...and so much stronger than the nations they left behind, nations that could no longer challenge the Caesar with their audacity and their independence. Nations that he delicately played against one another to insure they stayed weak and pliant.

But this safety and security had come at a price. No longer would the Tyrant suffer the horrible dangers of lethargy and inaction that brought them low before. No longer would he idly stand by, surrendering power for those that had grown too liberal and too patient with those that would invite the worst of evils into HIS world. Never again, Anochrim. If you had any measure of foresight, you would be sitting here beside me. Once again, he had faced Pan...and once again they had disagreed, but a GOD had bent to his will, accepting the Tyrant's methods as the only way to protect humanity...the only way to survive...and his price accepted without hesitation.

This time, there would be no elections, no favor, no chances. A police state, everything was held to question, even here in his own throne room...a room that had once been the Antechamber of the Citadel. Now it was his, the towering ceiling far above black and dark like a starless night sky. A series of golden lamps illuminated only a path leading up to his tall, iron throne...Silk had cast his throne from the armors of the fallen Paladins of the One...standing upwards of twelve feet off the ground, the broad, wide, unbroken circle of silver that had once tipped the Prodesse Dominicus Cathedral in World's Mouth now the seat upon which his majesty rested. A row of steps lead up to the height of the throne could be seen, each one cast and engraved by rulers of nations that begged for his favor and his assistance, each one kept just on the verge of extinction to another and designed to turn their bitter, oppressed rage against each other. The far walls of the Antechamber were obscured in darkness, hiding the banners and flags of enemies fallen...the Condotierre, the Kingstone Guard, the Emerald Guard, there were dozens, and each one a faded reminder of the powers he had overcome to bring his peace to all of Tazlure. And standing before these tabards were soldiers...not from his armies or those of his nations, but of the Brotherhood, the men that had indeed brought him to power by way of his ruthless, remorseless cunning.

[hr][/hr]

The rebellion

Freedom is a precious commodity and when someone collects all of it, there is soon nothing left. This is the moment that hidden in the deep of the night Rebellion's start.

So this rebellion started when several people where send off to their death by the emperor. Dort would be the stage of their forspoken demise, because one of them was a former servant of the lord of Dort. His name was Gavin, also known as Grey Wolf. He had served his lord well until the rule of the empire became to heavy. Now he only serves freedom and the Red Warrior.

Also a Pannish resistance fighter Abeo, also known as Firesword, follower of the blood, a now almost non existent religious group of followers of Pan.

The third was Sevti, high priestess of Pan, and unknown to the emperor, wife and love of the Pannish fighter.
It was she who drugged the guards after seducing them with her elusive smile's, and so made it possible for the men to escape.

Now all three of them are hiding in a small snow covered cabin in the hills of Dort. High prices have been put on their heads and spies and emperial soldiers are hunting them down. But they are still planning to strike back. As freedom has no price, and maybe............maybe more resistance fighters would join them and become famous.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti sat at the window, arms wrapped around her small frame in a feeble effort to protect her from the cold outside. Outside was a blanket of complete whiteness, covering every rock, every stump, every bare patch of ground. She watched thick, wet flakes fall, adding to the depth that held them safe from the world outside.

At least, momentarily.

Dark eyes scanned the countryside, straining to see anything out of the ordinary, anything that might possibly be danger heading their way. As she looked to the left, she saw some hint of movement out of the corner of her eye and her eyes darted back toward it quickly. It seemed to be nothing but a hawk, rising out of the trees. But she learned long ago that appearances could be deceiving, so she continued to watch for several long burns until, finally, she convinced herself there was nothing there.

After another slow scan, she turned from the window, arms still wrapped tightly around her. "We still look clear for the moment," she spoke aloud. "A hawk rose from the woods to the right, but I watched for awhile and couldn't see anything out of the ordinary beyond that."

She felt comfortable giving up her post for the moment and padded softly across the room to the muscular, red-haired warrior sharpening a knife. The only sound from her was the gentle swish of her dark green skirts as the hem touched the floor. The smile that lit her eyes appeared the moment she turned and he came into view and was something that was difficult to rid herself of, even in the worst of time.

After all, she thought as she pulled out a chair to settle herself beside him, I thought I'd never see him again. Why shouldn't I enjoy every moment I have now, even if it is only to know he is there? Ever since the first day she'd met Abeo, it had been like this. Through the good and the bad, of which there had been plenty of both, she never regretted being by his side. Even when she needed to make the choice, Abeo or her dreams of trying to rebuild the Rose Guild, she hadn't given it a second thought.

After all, the three of them were fighting for something so much more than the simple dreams of her childhood. They were fighting to return to the way things had been, the way life was before the Emperor became the be all and end all of existance on Tazlure. They were fighting for freedom.

How could a dream of being a Rose ever compare to something as great as that?

Leaving her musings behind for the moment, she glanced around the cabin until she found Gavin, the Grey Wolf, the one who fought because that was all he felt he had left. I wish I could take some of the burden from him, Sevti thought as she watched him. But some things Pan means for us to carry on our own. Not that he'd allow me to, even if I could.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She returned to her home, her cabin. The place her mother raised her and her father taught her. They were both buried in the back under a tall tree. The village was quite a way away, so getting food was a long walk there and back. A few days of rations in the bundle she carried, hopefully no one would even think to ask why she had collected so much food. A few ducks, a dozen or so fish, apples and other fruit to last through the next week or so. She did not know how much her guests would eat.

When Dort fell, she knew she had to act, this was not right. She offered her home because it was remote and away. No one bothered her, she lived a life alone, it was the way it had to be for her.

She could make out the door as the snow started to fall. She had made it home just in time. She thanked the Father sky for keeping the snow until she was done with her task. The cart she pulled behind her rode across the snow on runners, it was a task to pull.

She stopped at the door, stomping her boots on the wooden planking before going in. She left the cart near the entrance and picked up some of the food, something to cook for dinner, a few clams, some tubers, and onions. She nodded, a soup would be just what they needed.

She opened the door to step in.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

It was a long run. And he was home. Or as close to home as he dared. Highlands. I stopped a was here once. I fought the Oneists. I fought the Duke's own men. And I fought the Caesar's troops. At least I think they were his. And still I am not done.
He sat and stared at the wall. Sevti and Abeo were there. He was sharpening his knife and she was on the lookout. No need to look. Nobody will look for us here. The snow hid our tracks last night. We are alone. And nobody could sneak up on us. Not over that white blanket.

He stood and flexed his shoulders a bit. He knew it was wise to quiet down a bit. To keep a low profile. But, he could not just sit and wait. He knew what it felt like when you knew you were dead and that you had nothing to lose. And now he lived once more. Then why do I feel disappointed? Like I lost something? Am I a suicidal maniac?

Flexing his finger he strode around and pondered his next move. He needed Dort. He needed its riches and its armies. He needed the Duke. But, how to win him over. The Count was dead. Killed by a demon. The Clans are the key. I unite them and I have a bargaining chip. But, how to do that? I am not one of them. And nobody ever truly united the highland bastards. But, I have to start somewhere. Maybe they remember me? Maybe they'll listen to me?

"We leave this place in the morning. I know now we can start. This time we don't look for volunteers. We go big. We unite the Clans. And then we conquer the Dort. Whole island. After that, I don't know. But, this is enough for start."

The door opened just then and Gavin looked at their host and smiled.

"Ah, you have arrived. We won't put you in danger for much longer. We leave in the morning."
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

While sharpening the knife Abeo watched Sevty and Gavin.

For a few burns he felt a pain that about the fact that he dragged Sevty into this war. She was made for fun, but he had never doubted her strength. But still, sometimes he wondered how it would have been if they had a place of their own where she would have flowered in art. He shook his shoulders, Pan's tricks changed the world. And mortals danced on his tunes.
So the knife went back to its place. He picked up his old fur cloak and draped it around the shoulders of Sevti.

Then he turned his attention towards Gavin who spoke.

The lady of the house entered and when Gavin welcomed her Abeo also nodded. He had not spoken much lately.

"Gavin, those plans demand money and trusted people. How do you want get those. And we should not stay here to long. So when do you want to leave and where ?"

Too long. It had actually been a blessing to stay in this place. although they still had to take shifts to stay on guard in the night. He almost jawned thinking about it. Still it was as peaceful as it could be. Tomorrow he would scout the area again.

Eivlys had really been a blessing, he still wondered how she found them in the snowstorm that had saved them from those tracking bounty hunters.
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She removed the feather cloak as she entered and hung it on a peg near the door. She smiled to those who had graced her home. Smiled to them all, she had not asked their names, not when she met them. They had all been tired, and cold, there were other more pressing matters at hand.

She picked up the basket of food she had set by the door and started walking to the kitchen. “You are welcome to stay as long as you like. I do not know that they will come looking for you here. I never see the soldiers out here, ever.” She comments, it was true, they would not stray so far from the village. Few in the village knew more of her then that she lived out here, alone. That sort of person tends to have rumors about them, and she let the rumors about her go, they were harmless for the most part.

“I am Eivlys, just so you know. I have picked up some food for you from the town, it will keep outside in the wagon, so we will just bring it in when we need to.” She started chopping the vegetables. “I am sure I am in no danger, there would be no reason to harm me for helping strangers.” She added the vegetables to a pot one by one.

Her orange tinted lips drew up in a soft smile and she pushed back some of her white blond hair to look at those who were her guests. “If you must go, and fight for Dort, I would go with you.” She tried to sound as if she had more conviction then she felt. It was a dangerous thing she was asking to help with, and she was not used to danger. “I should have a chowder going soon, unless any of you do not like clams?”
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti wrapped the cloak more firmly around her, looking up at her husband gratefully. It wasn't that it was cold in here... their hostess had plenty of logs for the fire. It was just that lately, it seemed to take her longer to warm up than it used to.

Then again, there was the fact that Abeo's scent lingered on the cloak and, for Sevti, there was no greater comfort. Occasionally, when Abeo and Gavin needed to leave her behind, Abeo would leave the cloak as well. She would sit, wrapped in it's warmth, watching vigilantly for their return. It, and the dagger the Warrior of the Blood purchased for her and taught her how to use, were almost as good as having him there.

Almost.

She listened to Gavin's thoughts, then Abeo's reply. She knew it would be nothing less. A part of her wished they could stay. It was good to have a roof over their head, to stop running, even for a little while. But she knew Gavin was right. They couldn't endanger the woman sheltering them. Because as sure as day followed night, they would track them here if they stayed. And Sevti couldn't have that on her conscience. There were enough innocents dead that held their place there already.

She rose as Eivlys started taking food from the basket, laying the cloak over her chair before crossing the room to assist the young woman with readying a meal for the group of them.

As she reached the kitchen, Eivlys had made her offer. She studied the woman a moment and saw the fear that accompanied it. Brave, yes. But does she know what she'd be getting herself into? she mused.

Did YOU know what you were getting yourself into? the small voice in the back of her mind shot back.

More than she, I think, she replied to herself, then turned her attention back to the woman at the cutting board.

"Eivlys, the offer is appreciated but... I don't think you understand quite how difficult of a life this is. How much you stand to lose. It's more than just your life at risk. It's the lives of those you love." A vision of her mother and father swam before her eyes and she pushed them aside roughly. "It's a change in the hopes and dreams you've had for yourself, letting them fall by the wayside, likely never to be picked up again. It's days when you almost wish you would be killed because there's so little to hope for. And days when you see those that you've been fighting alongside cut brutally down and have to ask yourself if you could have done something different, been just a little faster, struck just a little quicker, and they would be alive to fight another day."

She felt smaller now than ever before, more burdened. She tried to hide it but she was sure that Abeo, at least, would see it in an instant. So she straightened her spine once more and continued on with her explanation. "And once you're in, there's no going back. You can't decide one day that you'd like to be here again and just stop. Because 'here' won't be the same. YOU won't be the same. The experience won't let you."

She turned her head slightly, looking first at Gavin, then making sure to catch Abeo's eye as well. "I don't regret the decisions I've made that have brought me here," she said, knowing she was speaking to reassure her husband now more to convince the girl. "I wouldn't want to be anywhere but by Abeo's side. But," she turned back to Eivlys, "it's not a decision that should be made lightly. We want people to help us. We NEED people to help us. But not for the wrong reasons."
Tickle-fight champion.
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She stops her chopping looking at Sevti and nods. “I live here, alone. No one lives with me. No one knows me or worries about me.” She looks at the two men. “I cannot say I know what will happen if I help you. I cannot say what will happen if I stay behind.”

She picked up a leek and started to chop it. “The things you say. To live a life full of adventure, and love and loss, this would be wonderful. To know more then my weaving and my wood working, to feel happiness and sadness, these are things I seek.”

She stopped chopping, looking back at the woman who issued the warning. “I have nothing to lose, and I have watched death take those I love. I can offer you my help.”

She looked at the men. “Would you deny any member of this island a chance to fight? A chance to win their own freedom back? Is this some privilege given to just a few?” She tossed the leeks into the pot. “Shall I wait here, until the soldiers come and then question me? What would they do if I cannot give them the answers they want?” She quickly chopped the onion, having learned to cook from her mother. “Will I be any safe staying here?”

Her silvery eyes met Sevti’s. “I think I am just as strong as you, in body and spirit. No one is ever the same, from flicker to flicker we change. If you do not, then you are to be pitied.”

She looked at Gavin. “What reason does one need to help? What would qualify one to help?” She asks the large man near the fire place.

“Stay the night.” She says softly. “I am sorry, perhaps she is right.” She could hear what her mother would say, it was not her place to go out into the world, it was not safe. “I will get the soup on.” She turned to fill the pot with water from the pump, pushing on the handle to pump the water up from the well.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo started to sharpen and clean the next weapon, it was a axe.

While Sevti and Eivlys started to talk were his eyes drawn to a bowl of water on the table. It reflected his face like a mirror.
A different man looked back at Abeo, he had not seen his own face in many Yahren. The wars had left their traces, scars created by weapons used by those who where lucky enough to hit him, yet not lucky enough to stay alive.

Sometimes he felt himself like a rag doll, patched way to many times. On wet days the places where bones ahd been broken and healed where stiff. The other scars would itch and remind him of their existence.

He remembered when they met and he had said "You taught me vulnerability", these words had turned out to be more true then he had ever imagined.
There was no man who could ever win and destroy Abeo, they could kill at best. But there was one woman who could. It had destroyed him when he thought that he lost Sevti and that scar would never heal.

They should have had children by now, running around a house that was paid for by the blood of foreigners. But it had never been that way. And now with a future still filled with fear and pain, it probably would never be.
That was one of the invisible scars, that he, who would challenge any man alive or dead, was unable to create a secure home for her, who he loved more then life itself.

He remembered a summer-evening, too long ago, when Sevti asked if he would come back when he would attend a very dangerous mission that also would make a lot of money. He also remembered his soft answer before kissing her, "I always come back to you. I even stay alive for you." And he always did, staying alive, even if it meant that he had to break of a fight and run. And then that dreadful she was dead, everybody told him so. He had seen the house burning, unknowing that she escaped. That day he died with her.

It was Gavin who made sure that he kept on collecting those scars. Abeo had died, but Flameblade still lived. It was Flameblade who started to raid the outposts murdering anyone in his path. If Gavin asked Flameblade would go, vengeance was his, the flames of his hair a prelude for the flames that would burn long after he left. Yes, hate and vengeance had kept him alive, Pan would probably be proud of him, he had kept the cup of blood filled over the Yahren.

And now, Pan's Luck, they where together again. He watched her, beautiful as ever. Only her eyes betrayed the long yahren, and the scars she collected. But he new that she was tired, her energy lower then when they where young. The cold harder to drive out, then it used to be. They should have settled down a long time ago. But even now, there was no peace in life. But at least it was in their heart.
But still the vison of Sevti holding a child in her arms branded him with failure.

He listened in on the words spoken between the two women and realised that the words spoken by Sevti where not only for Eivlys but also for his ears. So he stopped torturing the axe.

It was a confirmation of something he already knew, but the power and determination expressed in her eyes where impressive as ever. He knew that her strength was greater then his. Afterall she had still lived and created in the yahren of separation and he had only destroyed.

His only answer to her was a smile, and a light in his eyes that would never falter.
Putting his axe down he made his way to Sevti just to sit behind her and to put his arms around her. If he only could protect her.

He wondered about what Gavin would think about Eivlys, because the guy had not paid mutch attention to women lately.
And she was goodlooking, although she had strange eyes. It made Abeo recall some stories about silvery eyes. But he could not remember them good enough.
Last edited by Albyon on Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Fuck!

It was a surprise to actually find the people she had been looking for. The original plan was never to get so close to them, but simply find a way into the fight that might touch theirs. And now, without any warning whatsoever she had stumbled upon the most unlikely place to find them.

Syrawenn grimaced, hiding in her grey cloak from the cold. By now she'd seen two very familiar faces walk past that window...and two unfamiliar ones. Two guys and two gals. She didn't have to be a wiz to figure that arrangement out.

And what did you expect? You were the one who ran off! Don't be such a dork and grant the man a little peace of mind. Get the nether out of here and do something useful!

Running off....Run she had, to get away from the man's kindness, to get away from his stubbornness, to get away from everything that penetrated the careful stone walls she had built over the yahren. She did not want to hurt him and knew she would. Anger was her friend but it lashed out at those trying to get any closer to her. She had lashed out once, she remembered, and almost broken him. The girl could not allow that to happen again.

So instead she had run after rage got the upper hand again. Run before he could get too close. No one had ever tried to get through the anger -and rightly so! Why would they?- and now that someone had managed, Syrawenn found she was scared! It had triggered her only left-over defense against the strong-willed man and she had fled the scene.
Again.

He probably would not forgive her for that.
He should not.
And if that was all that had happened, the girl might have returned to apologize. She was never afraid to apologize. Maybe then she could have explained, or maybe not. All she knew was that the bigger part of her had hoped to be caught before she got too far away, that he'd see through the flight and somehow....might have understood and captured her to finish what they had begun.

Captured she had been.
But it was not exactly what she had hoped for.

The irrational flight had led her through the forest in a great hurry, evading branches and undergrowth and jumping over fallen logs when those damn horses had come out of nowhere and almost trampled her.

Of course she had raised her arms and shouted! Of course she had tried to spook them! She wasn't ready to die over something as stupid as a four-legged trampler!

Of course the noble rolling of his damn horse was angry, she would have been too. But to order her capture and subsequent imprisonment was a tad bit overdone. Highly irritating that she had been so surprised that they had managed!

Syrawenn shook her head to get rid of the memories. It had been a long seven yahren, of which almost half spent in that damn cell. It was unfair, unreasonable! The man had just forgotten about her. Too bad the jailors couldn't extend the same curtesy.

She shivered, pulling the cloak closer and making sure her face was well hidden in the one colour that might go unnoticed in the snowy landscape.

Another bit to be quickly forgotten. No way anyone was ever going to get that chance again. Then again, life was a strange path filled with the most unrealistic of coincidences. Alright, so she had known her brother to be completely entranced by the Great Works of Dominicus. So she had known his love for tactics. But to find him here, inspecting the damn dungeons? That was too much, it simply was....although it saved her another couple of yahren down there.

How he had ranted at her and how meekly she had answered just to get out of there, out of the hands of those filthy pigs! Of course she had agreed to be sent back to their parents, anything to get away! Of course she had not expected that journey to be under constant surveillance and of course she never had expected her dear parents to want the best for her...and marry her off.

The girl was sure he could have been a nice match for some wanting girl, but she was not wanting, not interested and certainly not planning on converting to that One Moron.

Amazing how little security there had been at the wedding. She sure had fooled them into that one. Amazing how nice that crack had sounded when she broke the chair. Amazing how fast she could run in a dress after all.

She had gotten away. Again. The story of her life. Although not unscathed, she was still sane enough to manage to evade her searching brother. Syrawenn just knew Sean would love to send her back in shackles, damn fanatic that he was. She was a woman after all -indeed, no girl anymore- and needed to know who was superior, right? The young woman had shown him exactly how superior he was, by managing to stay out of his way for the remainder of the past few yahren.

Yet in the meantime stories had reached her ears. Stories about rebellion and about a certain flamesword...a certain grey wolf....and somewhere in between had been the mention of a certain Gavin Tylvan.

Rebellion. It sounded like the perfect opportunity to show the man she was no coward. It was a shame that after all those 7 yahren Syrawenn still did not understand that the true cowardice lay in her unwillingness to accept her own emotions. In her distorted mind this was all about actions, about showing prowess and readiness to fight. So off she went, to find the core of this rebellion and to make a name for herself so she might be able to face the man she had run from. The one man who really, really scared her. The one man she might have...

Crrrack.

Syrawenn quickly refound her balance and cursed silently, evading the broken branch. Having her mind run off with her did nothing for her carefulness. Had they heard? Nah, they were too involved with each other.
Right?
Wrong.

Abeo's eyes rested on hers through the window.

SHIT!

She ran.
Last edited by Syrawenn on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

A devilish grin appeared on the face of Lord Noir, tracks, two yahren of tracking that demonic possessed woman had made the man hate her with a fury rarely matched. Two yahren in wich she escaped several times, leaving the bodies of his man behind pinned down with those cursed crossbow arrows.

But now the hunters of General Sean Lwyn had a fresh trail, money talked and Syrawenn had been seen by some local hunters. Hunters who never would be able to spent the money they received. Noir, did not like to leave trails of his own.

It better had to be a good one this time. Or the general could decide that Noir should be placed at a very uncomfortable position and choose a other man that was more capable to marry his sister..

The heavily armed men waited patiently beside their horses until Noir had made his discission, they knew that speaking was bad for your health. Two dozen they had counted when they left the castle a few moon's ago. And now they where four less then that number. No, only answer and obey the lord, and you live longer.

"Dominicus be praised, lets ride." Noir said. In silence the hunters mounted there horses and followed their leader.

"And keep your bows ready !!!"

This time the little bitch would not escape. And Noir would make her pay for the waste of his time and energy. Running away on the day of their marriage. Lord Lwyn would not mind, his sister would be his wife afterall. And being a virgin was not required.

The devilish grin appeared again. Some of the men shivered, and this time it was not the cold.........

Snowflake's started to fall..darkness would soon follow.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

The sweet pressure of Sevti and the smell of her hair in his nose made Abeo feel very comfortable.

But then a soft sound reached his ears "Crack" a broken branch outside the window. Reflexes honed by years of being a fugitive took over. Poor Sevti being pulled away and pushed against the ground below the window pulling the cloak all over her.

Only two words left his mouth before he jumped through the window. "Gavin, danger !!"
The glass broke easily when his weight smashed into it. Outside the window he landed into the snow. In front of him a small figure in a cloak dashed away.

While some blood dripped from his face, from glass cuts, he dashed off after the figure. It was a smart little fellow, as he made sure that he moved away from the door where Abeo assumed Gavin now would appear.

But being small would be a advantage when running in a wood, but not when there is a lot of snow. The small figure got stuck in a snowdrift for a burn and that gave Abeo enough time to close in.

Without stopping he jumped the small person who hit his head against a stone and passed out.

Abeo was a bit disappointed about it. But then he saw the crossbow, loaded almost ready. Pan's luck he concluded, its a bloody assassin. "I bet that Gavin wants to talk to you" he said.

Then a thought appeared, we have to leave tonight......

He cursed.

It was easy to pick the figure up, small as it was. The crossbow and equipment he also took. He did not really bother if the figure was still alive, that was Gavins problem.

So he walked back, meeting Gavin halfway. Inside the house he dropped the body on the ground.
His attention was returned to something more important, so he closed the shutters, removed the glass piecess and wanted to take Sevti back in his arms.
Last edited by Albyon on Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti listened to the other woman's words. She had some points, particularly when it came to soldiers coming in search of them - which Sevti had no doubt they would. I've tried, she told herself. Now it's up to Gavin to make the decision.

She felt Abeo's warm embrace encircle her and, once again, the smile came to her lips. If only these moments could last forever, she sighed mentally. Someday, maybe they will. At least now we're safe eno...

Suddenly, she was pushed to the ground, Abeo's heavy cloak above her. As she turned, momentarily confused by her husband's action, she heard Abeo's cry to Gavin, followed quickly by the sound of glass breaking.

They've found us.

Her own instinct took over then. The cloak was thrown aside as she lept up, dagger in her hand in the space of a thought. Gavin was running through the door, following Abeo into the snow. "Eivlys, behind me," she called out to her hostess as she hurried toward the door herself.

The door still remained open and she could see Abeo chasing down the small figure, Gavin not far behind them. While she watched the scene unfold, she listened intently for the sounds of anyone else that may have been waiting nearby. It could have been a trap, one member of their group being "careless", drawing the men out into the snow while others rushed in, taking herself and their hostess prisoner. It was no secret that she was Abeo's one weakness.

Of course, if they tried, they would see that her husband had taught her well.

She waited, just inside the door, dagger at the ready, but no attack came. No sound betrayed anyone that may have been waiting. She watched as the smaller figure became caught in a snowbank, slowing him down just long enough for Abeo to capture him.

She saw the figure go down.

She could see Abeo speak, but his words were too softly spoken for her to hear what he'd said. Then he picked up the small figure and carried him back to the cabin, meeting Gavin halfway.

As they approached, Sevti saw the blood dripping down her husband's face, relics of his flight through the window. She wanted to go to him, to dress his wounds immediately, but common sense told her to stand her ground, that her dagger could not be safely put away until Gavin and Abeo were inside once more.

The minute the door closed behind them, however, her weapon was back in his sheath and she crossed to her packs, knowing she would find bandages and salve there. She stopped momentarily when she caught sight of the crossbow that their intruder had carried and she raised her eyes to Abeo's. Assassin, came the silent question, and Abeo's slight nod.

She found the items she needed just as Abeo finished closing the shutters. She drew up beside him, gentle fingers reaching up brush the blood away. "Let me take care of that," she told him softly, guiding him to sit as she began to bandage his few wounds.

"We'll have to leave soon, won't we?" she whispered, applying the salve with a gentle touch to the largest cut, just above his eye. She was proud that she was able to keep her tone matter of fact, but she knew her eyes would lie, so she kept them downcast, pretending to be intent on her work.
Tickle-fight champion.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

SHIT!

The young woman turned and ran. The yahren had done nothing for her growth, save the typical area's where women were supposed to gain. Her short legs gave it their best, jumping and running through the snow like a hare chased by wolves.

It might be an accurate description as she heard the window break. There was no flicker to loose! Obviously someone had jumped through and was not going to bother with the door she so nicely avoided. It was no use looking over her shoulder. That would only cost her precious time.

Of course the brownhaired woman had wanted to see them again, despite the strange circumstances, but not like this! This was not the place nor the time! It should have been a time of her choosing, when she was ready to face off with the man who might think her the worst person in the world. She should never have given in to the need for one warm moment once she saw the smoke come out of the little cabin. Had she known those guys were hiding out here, Syrawenn would have turned another way. Yet they were and the moment she had seen them, she was caught in memories.

Caught by them soon if you don't move yer ass! DAMNIT all for coincidences! What joke are you all playing up there? First Sean, now this! I deserve a little break!

And the break came as a large, heavy form jumped the woman, forcing her down towards the snow.

Roll, turn, shoot! Instincts took over. The crossbow was ready in her hand. Roll, turn, shit... The rock was ready in front of her.

Why always the head.... Was her last thought before the snow went surprisingly black.

Black, black and more black.
Moving, swaying, a thud and then still.

Headache.
Again.
Sheeeeesh...

A very low groan escaped from her throat, a small, slender hand going up to where she had hit the ground with her head. With the cloak still safely wrapped around her, the girl hoped for a moment's respite before they'd realize she was coming to already.

Carefully keeping her head down Syrawenn listened to the sounds around her. Did they know? Were they angry?

Gimme a burn...just one burn to....to think up what the netherflames I'm gonna say...he'll never believe it...too much, too dramatically appropriate. Just apologize and get out. Oooh, damn, my head...why always my head...

Her hands and face were tingling from the sudden warmth after hiding in the snow for so long. Her toes started to hurt in her sturdy boots, telling her to get that leather off her feet and start rubbing them. Her cheeks were warming up rapidly from both the cosy warmth and a healthy dose of anger and embarrassment.

A female voice spoke. It sounded caring and sweet. It sounded like a mom should sound. Syrawenn clamped her jaws shut. That was the kind of woman men were looking for. From the sounds of those careful whispers Abeo had found himself a cutypie. She'd never have expected it from the coarse fighter.

Tension rose as Syrawenn awaited the inevitable outburst.
Last edited by Syrawenn on Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

Gavin was silent. Looks were exchanged between them, and she could see, they were in love. She smiled at the thought, it was so lovely to see. They were across the room from each other, but they were right next to each other. When he crossed the room to her side, she could see the passion he had for her and it made her heart melt. She wanted to cry it was so pretty. She walked over to the fire and set the pot over the flames.

“It will be perhaps…”

Everything seemed to happen at once. There was a shout, they had been spotted, then the shatter of glass. Eivlys turned and stood, Sevtiwas on her feet as well, with a knife in hand. Eivlys felt silly, not having a weapon in hand.

Then as quick as it started, it was over. He was back with a small figure, a boy perhaps? The body was set down, and Eivlys stepped closer to it. “I will get what supplies I have for healing.” She said to them as she noticed Sevti tending to her lover’s wounds. She hurried across the room and took a box from a closet. It was the size of a bread box and held silk and wadding for wounds. When you lived this far from the village you need to keep supplies on hand.

She set the box down near Sevti, opening it and taking some cloth and some ointment. She stepped closer to the one they brought in. She, it was a she that could be seen now, she looked like she was unconscious.

Eilvys, stepped closer, reaching out to lift back the cowl and look at the woman’s face and see if she needed any attention. “Who is she?” She asked.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

"Who is she?"

Sevti paused, a salve-covered finger above one of Abeo's wounds, and looked over her shoulder. Her eyes were cold as she looked at the prone figure on the floor.

"Who gives Dominicus' Balls who she is? She was out there with a crossbow. Tie the bitch up." And she turned back to her husband to continue dressing his wounds.

She didn't like to think about how she'd changed. How, seven yahren ago, she too would have had compassion for the girl lying on the floor, wishing she'd been able to restrain Abeo's impetuous nature.

That's what war does to you, she thought bitterly. Compassion is one of the first things you need to let go of. At least, if you aren't positive they're on your side.
Tickle-fight champion.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Another soft voice joined the first. Suddenly footsteps came closer and lifted the protective hood. Syrawenn went through great lengths not to wince. Her nose picked up the typical smells of healing stuffies. Obviously those were not meant for her, although the girl thought she felt something warm trickle down the right side of her face. Since it coincided with the blow she'd felt, it probably was not anything like melting snow.

The ringing in her right ear made it hard to understand exactly what was being said, yet stubborness went a long way and she noticed the soft voice again: "Who is she?"

It was so tempting to get up and tell them exactly who she was. Very tempting indeed. On the other hand the floor felt fine where it was, adding a little strength to her tired muscles. The warmth was seeping into her chilled body, making her dangerously drowsy when for all she knew she could be dead the next flicker.

Danger...stay awake. Oh man, it shouldn't have been my head. Wakeywakey.
Hmmm.

"Who gives Dominicus' Balls who she is? She was out there with a crossbow. Tie the bitch up."

Tie up?
Hold on a flick!

Tying up was no good. It meant not being able to do anything if it came to a rumble! Tying up was bad! It was far from effective! The cutypie was showing teeth, obviously.

Guess she reeeeally likes Abeo then...right, tying up...I don't think I'm gonna oblige...am I up yet?

The small figure on the floor remained motionless, save the dark eyebrows which drew together in a familiar frown, a thin line of blood trickling down a usually healthily tanned face, although now it was decidedly pale.
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She wiped at the blood on the woman’s face. “I do not have anything handy to tie her up with.” She knew she was in no danger, not from this girl’s weapons anyway. She looked tired, and worn. Eivlys dabbed at the wound, a nice cut from something sharp, it was not a blade though. The wound was not deep, but like all wounds to the head, it bled a lot.

“She is not wearing a uniform, and she does not look to be a spy.” With one hand on the cloth holding the wound, she started to rifle through the woman’s pouches and pockets. “Perhaps there is something to identify her? I would suspect a spy would need something to present as a badge.”

The pot over the fire started to fill the room with the smells of the clams and vegetables cooking. If not for the wounded and weapons, this might actually be a nice cozy feeling here. “With the snow falling, her tracks will be covered by morning tide. We should be safe if they were following her.” She suggested. She did not know, of course, she was only hoping that would be the case, but perhaps hope was enough.

She looked over at her feathered cloak hanging near the door. With the more people who arrived the more risk it was to have it hanging there, out in the open. “I have some beds; we could get them to the beds to rest. This one feels like she is frozen to the bone.”
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

ooc Apologies to all involved who haven't had a chance to post yet...I promise this post won't hold any actions, merely a description of what Eilvys finds...and then I'll await my turn!

ic
The young woman carried a backpack and a pouch, the pouch only holding nicely smoothed pebbles. In her belt Eilvys could find a piece of strangely formed leather and a multifunctional knife. If she pulled those out, two large hairpins fell out of the belt as well. The two pockets sown into her breeches gave up two ends of red string with knots in them, a chewed down bit of wood with one blackened end, several loose coppers, amazing amounts of sand for such small pockets and finally a small silver brooch depicting a bird.

The bag was a different story. It was obviously for the more practical purposes like holding a fair amount of rope, a blanket tied to the back, several bits of crumpled parchment containing sketchy drawings of a tree, a snowy landscape and several small faces of which one vaguely resembled Gavin. One piece of paper spoke of two men being wanted for a various amount of crimes...the two men in question being named Firesword and Grey Wolf. It looked to be rather official.
There were brightly coloured stones on the bottom, not too big, just nicely shaped. The usual travelling gear held no surprises save perhaps one pink scale of some reptile or another, a set of strange keys and a box with white facepowder...
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

As he pondered what to do next all Nether broke loose. Instincts took over as Abeo jumped through the window and Gavin took the other way out, naked sword in hand. Then his friend jumped the figure and it was all over.

For a flicker Gavin considered scouting around for others, but decided against it for several reason. He did stay and cover Abeo while the man carried the body inside. And it was so very hard not to stare around as they walked. He needed to appear like a fool to whomever was watching.

But, once they were inside Gavin paid no attention to their prisoner. He waited for Sevti to close the shutters and then leaned next to them and peered outside. The crack was narrow and he did not see much, but still his eyes searched. He knew patience and so he waited until he was sure nobody was outside.

Only then did he turn from the window and looked at the prisoner. But, first he sheathed the sword and placed it next to his own bed. And walked to stand over the girl as their host tended her wounds.

A strange array of objects were pulled from her pockets and gear. The crossbow was fairly common weapon in the Western Kingdom, but not often found on travelers. The red string with knots drew his attention though. Garrote. And pins. But, who? Duke had no way of knowing where I was. But, now we need to leave this place. And Eivlys with us.

"The plan still stands. We leave with first light. You too, Eivlys. You helped us. You are not safe anymore. As for our little guest, we shall decide what to do after I have a little talk with her. Abeo. You wait half a mark and then go gather some more wood. You know what I mean? Make sure you collect it all around the cabin. But, don't go too far."

He looked him in the eyes and knew the men understood. He did not see anyone, but he needed to be sure. So, the Panling was to investigate more thoroughly.

Then he walked to the prisoner and crouched by her. He wore no weapons and did not wait till her hands were tie up. He turned to Sevti and pointed towards the door.

"Bring me some snow. I need to wake her up. A few handfuls will do nicely."

He looked at the woman's face, but could not shake away a feeling he knew her. She seemed so familiar, but he could not remember who she reminded him of. Maybe if she talks I will remember?

OOC: Sorry. Been busy yesterday.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti covered Abeo's last cut with salve and covered it with a small bandage. She kissed him lightly on the lips, a habit she'd gotten into after every time she had need to patch him up after he'd once told her that her kisses were the best healing medicine in the world.

She stepped back, giving Abeo room to rise. Her gaze fell on the prone figure and her eyes hardened once more. I wonder if the cold of the snow will even effect her. Her type are usually cold through and through, so it would probably feel like a spring Isle day to her.

Then she thought she caught... something... on Gavin's face. A momentary look of confusion, a hint of recognition. But it was gone before she was sure.

Her cookpot was on top of her pack and she grabbed it quickly, standing just inside the door and bending out to gather the requested couple handfuls of snow. She could glanced around as she scooped snow into the pot, eyes sharp for any sign that the woman might not be alone.

Then again, why you think you'd see anyone is the question. You missed both Eivlys' arrival back and any sign of this woman when you were looking just a few burns ago. Leave it to those who know the job better, she chided herself.

A cold breeze caught under her skirt and Sevti shivered, hurrying back inside, closing the door behind her. She brought the pot over to Gavin, kneeling down beside him. "Is everything alright?" she whispered softly. "For a flicker you looked as though might know her."

OOC: No wrroies. We knew you'd be gone. We were just a little... enthusiastic... about the storyline!
Tickle-fight champion.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin just stared at the girl in front of him and tried to recall her. The momentary lapse in concentration was gone. Now, there was a careful facade of curiosity there. Who are you? And where did we meet?

Then Sevti came back and he looked at her. So she noticed. No harm there. Just tell her the truth. If she is worried, it is only right. These are dangerous times. So he just shook his head and smiled.

"Just trying to recall if I knew her. She came here too fast, and I made quite a few enemies in my days. So, trying to remember if I saw her before. But, I can't seem to remember her. Oh, she will be awake soon an I will know for sure."

The big man placed the pot with snow next to the girl and scooped some snow in his hand. He squeezed and made a small roll of hard snow. Then he repeated the process. Both rolls were placed next to the prone girl and then without any warning the Dorman grabbed her by the shoulder and placed her into a siting position none too gently.

Before, anyone knew it he picked both rolls and dropped one down the back of her shirt and the other down the front. If she were awake she would wiggle and if she was not, he knew of no better way to wake her, save some scented herbs Abner used a long time ago. And he had no scented herbs.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albyon

Post by Albyon »

Abeo rose slowly to his feed, Gavin was clear enough, he would check out some firewood.

He thanked Sevti without words, he just took her in his arms then he picked up his axe. It was always strange to see the man change from the man with Sevti in his arms, and the man with his weapon. When Sevti was there, she seemed to open a door inside him that let warmth and tenderness escape from somewhere deep inside. But when he picked up his weapon a aura of pure hate and death emerged.

While his face turned into a mask without any clear emotion he walked towards the door. But just before he left, he hesitated becoming aware of the face of the seemingly unconscious woman on the ground. Her face triggered something in the darkest parts of his memory. he shook his shoulders and muttered "Blabbermouth seems to have changed jobs nowadays and she has bigger breasts, at least she had one improvement...." Then he left the cabin into the snowstorm that had started.

Outside the biting wind and icy flakes tried to peel of his skin and with a soft growl like a wolf he ignored it. The trails of the woman where easily enough to find. With this amount of snow it was hard to hide any trail. So he would just backtrack this trail for a while. Gavin had asked him to back within a mark. But he wanted to be sure. So maybe a mark would be to short.
Last edited by Albyon on Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

A few markers south of the cabin, a man cursed some pagan demons that seemed to conspire against the One to help this bitch to get away.

The snowstorm and the falling darkness made it clear that pushing on on horseback under these circumstances would be madness.

Lord Noir ordered with grinding teeth to make camp. Then a few burns later he changed his mind and ordered three of the four scouts in the team to leave there horses and follow the trail.

He had concluded that if they would die out there, their bodies would be easyer found then snowed in tracks.

The men just took heavy cloaks and weapons and quickly moved on in the falling darkness.

Noir just waited until his tent was build up. He had to pass the time until the snow would lessen, or the morning would come.
Noir was not a patient man...........
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti nodded at Gavin's response. It certainly made sense to her.

Then Abeo came by, muttering something about blabbermouth, new profession, and bigger breasts. She glanced up at her husband, eyebrow raised, a question for later. He was sure that no one of her description had been mentioned to her by Abeo before, and those that annoyed him - at least, those that annoyed him and lived - were usually a topic of conversation between the two of them at one point or another.

She watched Abeo until the door closed, then turned her attention back to what Gavin was doing. She turned in enough time to see him sit the slight woman up and drop the two balls of snow down her shirt.

The Panling couldn't resist an evil smile. Cold-hearted or not, that should wake the bitch up.[/quote]
Tickle-fight champion.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”