Sometimes they come back ~ Sam. 25th, Brytan & Luna (clo

Moderator: Mods

Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Sometimes they come back ~ Sam. 25th, Brytan & Luna (clo

Post by Syra »

Mazes turn and twist, the hedges growing and regrowing everywhere he looks.
There must be a way to the center, because he has been there before.
There even might be a fountain in the middle and some candy.
There must be, because he has been there before.

It is dusk, but the lanterns are not lit. They should be. This is a party, is it not?

Someone is standing around the corner. Her long dress is drenched in water. The woman turns around and looks at him with pleading eyes; reaching for him with her arms extended, palms up, wrists slashed.

The lights go on.

It's not water at all.

Blood.

Everywhere.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

shadows, blood and hedges...

Post by Brytan »

Twsiting, turning, everywhere he went the maze surrounded Brytan. Grasping, clawing. Gnawing at his very being while the roads kept twisting and the walls get moving.

Fleeing, running, now not for the center but for the exit. Behind him the vision of the woman he had seen before, now drenched in water, no, not water, blood, everything red. Woman, floor, hedges. The maze took on a shade of crimson as the sky filled with a coppery scent and the sound of a musicbox playing from a distance.

Where, where, where is the exit. I have to find the way out!

Shadows revolving around his feet, twisting and turning the path as he went. Kept coming back to the same turns he knew must lead out, but still longer they didn't.
Light, darkness. A strange glow up ahead, the sound of voices and the moving of feet around him. "Seize him!" Hands clawing at him as he ran, ran for his life, ran from the blood and the darkness. More voices whispering scandal and outrage. The king, the murders, the cries of men and little girls at the death of those they loved.

Have to find the way out...
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]

Post by Guest »

Why are all my dreams so disturbing lately...

The girl dropped to her knees and sat down on the ground, the yellow fabric of her dress falling around her. She didn't feel like moving. It had not taken her very long to figure out it was a dream, all endless hallways again, this time in hedges instead of marble but it was the same to her. The memory of her previous dream had made her realise it. Only this time it was dark. Very dark, like someone had forgotten to turn on the stars.

The ground was cold underneath her and she suddenly felt tired. So very tired. She shivered. Then the light came on. She closed her eyes momentarily, helping them to adjust to the sudden light. When she opened them again she noticed her dress should have been heavier. Cold came with that realization. She was soaked. Water dripping from her hair. And she just couldn't remember why that was. As she moved back against the nearest wall of leaves she looked up, checking if she might have missed the fact that it was raining. It wasn't. She was scared. Something was wrong but she couldn't quite figure out what.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Green and red
Red and green

Flashes of blood disturbed the fresh leaves of the maze. Footsteps were still following, although the guards were not visible. They were always one hedge away, one corner behind him.

An opening.

The leaves and branches seperated to let the young man through, allowing him out of the confusing maze, walking straight into a peculiar yellow statue which was dripping salt water.

The statue moved, looking from the sky back to her dress. Her face was hauntingly familiar.

The stately manor in the background was dark. No windows lit up at all, although the open door implied somebody might be home.

ooc
Feel free to add-lib and interact. Since this is a dream you have more freedom than usual. You do not have to wait for me, although I will make a pest of myself on a regular basis :)
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Brytan

Luna?

Post by Brytan »

An opening, where? The hedges of the maze were ever in the way, unending in their apparent desire to keep him trapped in visions of leaves and blood. Until...

Brytan stumbled out of the maze through the opening, leaves and branches clawing at his arms, legs and face. Shadows moving about through the air, lurking between the corners and niches that were left behind him as he stumbled into the open clearing and into the woman dressed in bright yellow.

"Who, what." He looked behind him for any sign of the guards who had been out of earshot most of the time, always one corner away. Now they were nowhere to be seen. He turned back to the woman, his mind slowly focussing back to memories. Memories of a party he had attended, tonight? Just now? Only vague impressions lingered in his mind, save for the blood and the screams. In the background a musicbox played a tune.

"Luna? Luna Seren? Is that you?" Again he looked over his shoulder, somehow still expecting something to come chasing after him, even though the garden was deathly silent, a lingering feeling which also surrounded the woman he had met but hours ago.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

A voice made her look up. A familiar face. Someone who could make the cold go away. Someone who would chase away the fear she felt. Maybe.

She stood up slowly, staggering back and forth a bit as if she had trouble standing on her feet. "Brytan?" It was a whisper and it sounded like she had trouble speaking as well. She coughed up some water and bended over like she was about to vomit. More water came out before she straightened again and looked at him with a scared look on her face.

From one strange dream into an other...it makes no sense...I was fighting for my life before and now it doesn't seem worth it anymore...I preferred the palace and its empty halls...

She looked up again, a thin red line showing on her throat for only a split second. She then looked back at Brytan. "Did it rain before? Will it rain again? Should we go find shelter? Stay out of the rain?" She pointed at the open door of the manor.
Brytan

hmm

Post by Brytan »

Brytan wondered if this was all but a dream. From one haunting vision to another he looked at Luna, dripping wet as she was, and when she spoke her voice resounded with a feeling of despair and emptyness he had never before heard. He had seen nor felt any rain, but right now he felt that it would have to be him to accept his fear and try to shelter Luna from hers.

At that moment, as Luna spoke, clouds gathered above and rain started pooring from the heavens. He looked up and again heard the vague sounds of music coming from somewhere, perhaps inside?

"Let's go!" He yelled over the roar of the water, as he took her hand and rushed towards the open door of the house.

For only a moment he thought he saw a shadow move across the backlit doorway, but then it was gone...

Post by Guest »

The young woman was grateful when he took her hand and pulled her towards the mansion. The water scared her beyond comprehension. So she ran, following Brytan, but at the same time fearing what could be inside.

Warm, dry, illuminated. Safe? They had ran across the grass and now stood in the doorway, sheltered from the rain. Would it improve their situation?

ooc: srry it took me so long to reply. And the shortness. My muse has left me I fear...

Return to “Erulzat Archives”