Plots and Plans - Jarius

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Sevti
Retired staff

Plots and Plans - Jarius

Post by Sevti »

Jarius is currently relaxing after a hard day's work at the Sure Haven Inn. This current thread is just to kind of get a feel for the character and the player more than for any set plot or plans. Naddali has recently joined him there and that is more to throw the two characters together and see if they stick.

Long term plans, he's got a few possible hooks. The player eventually wants to turn him, once more, into a fighter of some sort - City Guard, Knight, whichever. The character is trying hard to avoid any interest in politics, feuds, etc, but has a fairly noble heart which will cause him to step in whenever someone weaker is at the mercy of someone stronger. So I'm thinking of playing that angle in the future, to pull him forcefully into some of the politics and make him face some of his past problems.

Just not completely certain when or how that opportunity will present itself.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

I am hoping to get Jarius embroiled in a slavery ring. Not, of course, as a slaver (it's not his kind of thing) nor as cargo (as tempting as it may sometimes be), but as a rescuer.

While Jarius is working at the docks one of the exporting crates he moves - one marked Fruit - he hears from within a small female groan. It's a pretty high likelihood that he'll follow up on what this sound is. The woman inside was taken from her family. She knows very little about why she was taken - only that she overheard the adhiel that took her mention that a collector would pay a couple crown for someone with her special talents. She is very bruised and battered, but her prettiness doesn't seem to be hidden by these.

What Jarius will find out when he investigates is that she'd been taken for a very specialized sex slave ring. The slavers, which could either originate completely on Kislovan or be a part of a larger ring of which Kis is only one of many procurement places, take men and women that prove to have a high pain threshhold for certain "collectors" that like a little torture with their sex. They need humans with high pain threshholds for this, so they will either semi-regularly kidnap humans, put them through their "paces" and then send off the ones that make the grade to the collectors, sending the others through the more mundane slavery channels.

I haven't set an end-point for where she was headed yet - I was thinking somewhere in Citadel, but haven't had a chance to run it by Grant yet. Really, it can be anywhere outsie of Kis though. Depraved people are everywhere. ;) A lot of this I'll develop as play goes along. But these are the basics of where this storyline will be eventually going.

More details as they come to mind.
Tickle-fight champion.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Talked to Grant a little about making the delivery point Cit and it's a go. Here's the information that I got from him regarding the slavery operation already in place in Citadel, which should be able to tie in neatly to what Jarius can investigate regarding the one here on Kislovan.

Michael Crane operates the Red Banner, which specializes in all kinds of diversions. He does indeed included some of the more exotic slaves and such, though slavery remains quite illegal in the Citadel. That isn't a problem for the Crane family...they're quite well-established as black marketeers...but the family patriarch, Thomas Crane, considers such business to be rather hideous and disgusting (slavery, that is). He won't deal in it himself...but his son Michael and he are very estranged and their business tends to be somewhat separated. It wouldn't be surprising if Michael arranged for such 'merchandise' using a more personal means of delivery (meaning a delivery outside his family's attention or control). This particular kind of "service" is one of the issues upon which Michael and his father disagree, in fact.

More as information becomes available.
Last edited by Sevti on Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tickle-fight champion.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Jarius' thread has been a bit slow of late. I've PMed the player to make sure he wasn't waiting on something from me (as he'd been posting for the PC/PC thread with Naddali but not his Job thread), and he told me he's having a hard time getting inspiration for his next post. I don't know how long I should wait on him before poking again. But this is where things stand at the moment - just a holding pattern...
Tickle-fight champion.

Return to “Kislovan Archive”