Delanedra - A little help please

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Delanedra - A little help please

Post by Dartimos Hammer »

Questions, questions, questions.

1) Who are the three people she is performing to?

2) How do I judge how well her singing is going?

3) Are there any plot notes more detailed than the email I got to help set up an particular interactions she may hue.
Comfort Level =D / Age = 41 (Gasp!!!)
Posting 1-2 times per week.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

1) I made them up. They can be anyone you need them to be, from esteemed musicians to bored nobles with a hobby or slavers for all we know :)

2) You judge by her descriptions in combination with her skill. It's all nice if someone describes how crystal breaks when he sings, for instance, but with a skill at basic I'd think he'd thrown the crystal to the ground rather than sing it to pieces.
Right now Delanedra is starting out. She's not that good, but obviously has some knack for it. I like the way how you described her potential in that post :) That was just perfect!

From now on it will all come down to her own descriptions, how extensive she writes. Not just symbolical writing 'the birds themselves came down to sing with her' but also simply the technical writing of what she wants to convey: 'starting an uptempo song she secretly moved to a minor chord, subtly changing the entire mood of the song'.

In case of doubt: I'm around to help of course, but so far you're doing great!

3) There are no plotnotes :( There were no plans yet, all I know was that she was supposed to meet with this charming Maloth (description in the dev forum) who would help her find a musical job.
I've started a side-plot she will probably never find out about involving Laksha (that old woman in the thread) and her granddaughter who is in fact clairvoyant without realizing it.
Nothing important, use it as you see fit, or don't use it :) I'm sure I'll let Laksha and granddaughter hop around some more in other threads.

Now, since the player asked for things to be more difficult to her character, we could brainstorm a bit on what to do with her. I like your approach of the three strangers a lot and I am very curious what she'll do now.
Maybe those strangers are from some kind of uh...loose entertainment service where people might ask for more than just a song. Maybe they are looking for a musician to train to help them solve a musical riddle to a big secret or something.
Maybe they are actually musical teachers but Delanedra will meet the wrong crowd when she goes to study with them.

Anything goes. Does this help a bit?
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Um, by the way...if she tires you out cause of the lack of initiative I suggest we think up something that will REQUIRE her own thinking and acting to get out of :)

*huggles*
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Did I loose her?

Post by Dartimos Hammer »

It's been over a week since she posted. I hope I didn't drive her off. Should I send a PM or an email to see?
Comfort Level =D / Age = 41 (Gasp!!!)
Posting 1-2 times per week.

Return to “Kislovan Archive”