Ursa re-integration

Moderator: Mods

Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Ursa re-integration

Post by Brytan »

Judging from the current state of things in the dev thread, I thought I'd take the specifics on this here. These are the details which can be used to re-integrate the isle into Pan's isle, along with some questions regarding it's development.
You'll have to excuse me if I seem pushy about the subject, I'm not lieing when I say I'm very eager to continue the project is all :)

Details:

- Ursa Etheria is a circular island of roughly 5 miles diameter, floating directly above Pan's Isle.
- It was at one pointed scooped from Pan's Isle, leaving a large lake in it's place.
- It is surrounded by a range of mountains and cliffs.
- It is tied to Pan's Isle by means of a magical portal which links both islands together.

Questions:

Assuming the island is going to be sunk back to Pan's Isle, keeping in line with what Tygress told us earlier.

- will we have Ursa Etheria up with players in it before the merge, or merge it first and then open it up?
- will it still be called Ursa Etheria after it sinks?
- will the portal still be working, connecting a point outside the mountain range to the island inside?
- Will the mountains sink a bit into the ground, making them less tall and turning the island into a valley of sorts?
- What will trigger the sinking of the island?

There's more things that might need to be considered probably, but right now I can't think of any :)
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

There's only one small problem with sinking it back into Pan's as it now stands. Where the lake had been, the new redevelopment (as per Trist and Ashari) is where the centaurs' meadow now stands. I'm not sure how it'll affect things, but it is something that needs to be taken into consideration, I think.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Brytan

hehe

Post by Brytan »

Ah, yes, the well known disappearing lake trick :)

Yup, that would be something to take into consideration.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Brytan

okay

Post by Brytan »

I've spoken about this with Maeve, Who had a few thoughts about this I thought might be worth posting here.

Her idea she posted in the dev thread was to have the isle be in the Aether, as a fragment of matter being tucked away inside a pocket of the Aether, closed off from the Tether save for the portal.
She mentioned that there are mages who are capable of detecting and accessing such space, so it would be no problem for Pan to do so.
As Loraith suggested Pan might be interested in the Kanthrop tribe as part of his defenses perhaps in the War of the One, bringing the island back to the Tether and placing it somewhere near his island (maybe instead of smack dab in the middle it can be placed next to it, perhaps as a peninsula, with some of the mountainrange surrounding the isle collapsing upon impact, forming a bridge between the two?

Just brainstorming here, let me know what you think.

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”