A Dormant Spirit Sleeping Somewhere Cold. Samheen 26th. ET.

Moderator: Mods

Aeris Mourir
Civus

A Dormant Spirit Sleeping Somewhere Cold. Samheen 26th. ET.

Post by Aeris Mourir »

24th

MT: The previous night’s adventure left Aeris drained. She had intense time learning about the stars that the slave seemed to be able to teach about for marks and marks. It was one of the numerous things that made him so attractive.

Maybe Aeris really did love the seemingly insignificant person. It was ironic that Jin consider himself as much, since Aeris never poured her everything into something she didn’t personally feel was worth it. Jin was definitely worth it, he just needed to see that for himself.

The woman slept the day away in her swan form. Anyone who came into the fresh-water spring chamber would have seen a simple white bird sleeping. It was nothing out of the ordinary, other than the fact that she was the only swan in all of Amun Rah… well, of what the commoners knew.

Aeris knew that the colony used to dwell on the isle, but she hadn’t been back in yarhen, and was unsure if they were still there. The swans were a nomadic race, always relocating to avoid exposure; it was the last thing they needed. Their numbers had dwindled to such an extent that there was only a handful left and of course there was always one outsider. As the colony grew and each female passed down the heritage, they came to the point of imploding since they never knew anything else. They’re a dying race, and it can never be undone. These thoughts don’t ever cross the angel’s mind, since she doesn’t exactly see it that way.

If you stood in the room long enough not to wake the sleeping creature, her body would puff in and out, and she would fluff her feathers. It wouldn’t take too long for her nose to find its way back to the wing fold. She slept in the tranquil world of dreams and felt suspended in nothingness.

ET: Before she even awoke from her peaceful state, her bones broke and reknit like they did every day and night. It was a sad existence to some, to be bound like a slave to the moons. Aeris didn’t see it like that, since she like the darkness better it was a gift for her. Her eyes had always been too sensitive to take the harsh light of the sun while she was in the humanoid form. On the other side, her swan body craved the warming rays and so she enjoyed her lot in life.

It didn’t take her any time at all to cloth and set out to find her mentor. She was wearing a simple Anasis tunic. The woman went to Nadia’s chamber; finally remember the layout of the Simbahan. They sat together most of the night, enjoying tea and other deserts. The priestess showed her apprentice how to shield the viewing eye from her mantle, even though Aeris didn’t completely grasp the entire concept. She was still a novice, in every sense. The session ended and the swan maiden was a little tired from weaving so much in one night. It was something that had to be done, so Aeris used everything she had, conjuring what she needed. As she crawled back into the pool-like bed, her worries floated away as slumber stole her consciousness.

25th

MT: Aeris slept. (OOC: Simple, right?)

ET: The day before Aeris had planed to go into the palace’s library and spend the day away reading… catching up. As she rose from her torpor, excitement instantly surged through her body. Standing there, wet from the spring water, she practically bolted to where her clothes had been laid out. Her lithe body put the undergarments on, which she wasn’t completely used to yet. Back in the colony, some of the swan would just go nude, since the change wasn’t as constricting as it was with a layer of fabric. Her mother was one of the maidens who were confident and so it passed onto the new flock, mainly Aeris. She reached for her tunic and hastily pulled that over her head, the enthusiasm of literature beckoning to her. The angel was barely able to put on some sandals before her body was ushering her outside the chamber. Oh, this is going to be so much fun …. I can’t wait. The woman considered pouring out of the room.

She speedily found the library with in the massive structure and peered around. She hadn’t ever been to the magnificent place, just had dreamed of going. Aeris stood in awe for a burn or two scanning the area. Candles were everywhere. It was like she was in a temple of Anasis, soft glowing lights seemed to be scattered like stars in the sky. She wondered if they blew them out and relit them everyday, or if it was somehow a magical enchantment to make energy look like candles. She couldn’t move, if she did the flames of the wax beacons would flicker and they might go out. The angel knew this wasn’t the case, but the sheer elegance of the library seemed to be magnified by the use of thousands of little light sources. Aeris suddenly moved forward, her heart taking control of her body, and none of the licks of red, orange and blue faulted, she was safe. Taking some time to go to the closest wall of books, she took in the aroma of old paper and ancient knowledge. The woman walked and walked and it appeared that there was never an end to the gargantuan home of novels. It wasn’t until she had come full circle to where she had first began she noticed a second level and then a third. A notion of the Rafao’s library crossed her mind and she didn’t even want to consider the literature that was hidden away. Secret texts of mind craft was just one of the books she concretely knew about. She shook her head and headed off into the library again.

Aeris browsed for quite some time, remaining on the first floor. If she wanted to acquire much of the Amun Rah lore as possible the woman would have to go through each floor individually and thoroughly. The white haired female weaved in and out of the aisles of tower novels and didn’t see anything that interesting. Her eyes darted from spine to spine looking for something, anything that sparked an interest, nothing. As she came around another corner, she stopped. She looked up to the second floor and assumed there must being a worthy book up there, but as her black orbs came back down to the wall of leather gold text caught her eye. It said, The Six High Priests of Amun Rah. Her hand reached out and removed the text from the shelf. The pale white fingers traced over the cover of the leather bound paper and a chill ran through her body. She was fulfilling her father’s wished of learning the deepest secrets of a culture. Aeris was fascinated by the Rafao and what went on behind closed doors. Maybe she could be a more frequent guest. She didn’t ponder too long since she set off to find another book.

It didn’t take her long to find another book that was titled, Specifics on Slavery. She thought of Jin and how bad she wanted to buy his freedom, and she would, someday. Aeris took that one as well, so she would be prepared to barter the man’s soul. Being content with what she had gathered for material, she sought a table and spread out her two books. She sat and read them. Read them all night until the ancient magics of her mantle tore her from something she loved so much. It didn’t matter since she had read them both, back to front and was finished by that time. Aeris returned the texts to their proper homes and set off back to the temple. She crept back through the simbahan, but it didn’t matter since acolytes were scurrying around like they always did. The soft trickle of the falling water was a comforting notion to her and so she unclothed and threw her mantle around her like a cape. It melted onto her hands as she wrapped it around her being. Time was short and it didn’t take long for her to pass out.

26th

MT: The woman awoke in her swan form. It was several candlemarks before the dusk, and she kicked around her peaceful spring. Orange, webbed feet caught water and it propelled herself forward. Her wings automatically stretched outward and her body lifted from the water as she flapped her ‘arms.’ Aeris relaxed back in the refreshing pond and just floated about for a while.

She thought about Jin, and Akuta. She thought about them and what she was going to do. It was against the swan maiden code to take just any man, he had to first gain approval of the colony. Her parents were a feat all on their own. They were hesitant with Damien since he was so outgoing towards other people. The Elder was unsure if he would be able to keep their secrets, but he proved himself one day when a raptor had wondered into the camp and he didn’t flicker to kill it. It had gone for one of the swans, and he dove in the way, blade drawn. It was a valiant effort but the beast left a nasty gash on his leg. It wasn’t for the saving of a life that had proved his worth; it was the notion of love that he had for Labetha, and all of them to risk his life to save theirs. It had granted him infinite knowledge of everything… since that’s how long they had been around.

Her mind skipped to Nadia and the Rafao. What would she say to him when he asked the underlying question of, why? What would she ask for in return of her services? What would he give her, or at least insist that she take. Questions streamed through her mind, and the problem wasn’t that… it was that she didn’t have a single answer.

She let it go after a few minutes of anxiousness, and her mind settled on calmer things. Her chest cavity expanded and emptied and she breathed deep breaths. Aeris’ beak went to her back and she preened a bit, picking small feathers from her mantle. They fell onto the water and danced like faeries above the meniscus.

After the maiden had finished that, she stepped out of the makeshift lake and shook her little swan rump, sending droplets of water plummeting to the floor. It was funny; birds were one of the few species that never truly got wet. Their feathers held a natural resistance to the liquid that made it bead off.

Aeris settled in the mass of pillows and other such cushiony adornments that littered the room. Some would have seen it as a place to relax, but in essence, it was her nest. The woman didn’t spend much time in the chamber if she was in her humanoid form, so the swan portion of her mentality had taken it over. Her little orange feet were tucked under her body and her neck was craned over he body to rest on her the nook of her wing and body. It was a comfortable spot for her to be in, it probably didn’t look that way. However, she sat and prayed to her goddess and god alike. She questioned the path that Anasis shielded from her and questioned her point in life. Aeris considered her role with Jin and where it was going to take her, them. The swan maiden didn’t expect and answer, it was more so to get it off her chest.

ET: Long after she had finished her inner thoughts she felt the pull of her humanoid form. It didn’t take much time for her mantle to shed like it did daily to reveal a beautiful woman. With long legs and a gorgeous smile she lured and everyone. Heads turned if Aeris walked into a room… everyone wanting a piece of her; in one way or another. She dressed in something simple, that of an amunic priestess. Nadia had given her several outfits and the swan was pleased. She didn’t necessarily need any of it, but she surely couldn’t refuse exquisite work. Once she was done she set out of find the high priestess.
[i][color=brown]"I am that merry wanderer of the night."
--William Shakespeare[/color][/i]

Avatar manipulated by Ashari with stock photo by LaraFairie
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

the evening

Post by Brytan »

Samheen 26th - Eveningtide

Aeris walked from the pond she had spent the last couple of days in. It had been a while since anything significant had happened and the words from her time spent in the library still lingered in her mind as she walked. Slavery in Amun Rah was a complicated matter, and yet it was not. She had read about several ways in which men and women were enslaved and about how they could go about regaining their freedom. This and more surged through her, along with the questions of her feelings for the young slave.

The flock was always wary of people, and men in particular. The stories were clear as to what would happen if a maiden fell in love, what would happen if she lost her cloak of feathers. Aeris pondered this as she walked to look for Nadia in her chambers.

The eveningtide was nice, the heat of the daytime sun had all but gone as a breeze rushed through the courtyards and corridors of the palace. Aeris found her way to the chambers of her mentor, but she was not there, or so a servant told her.

"You might try at the temple, milady. I think she is still there for the eve's prayers."
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

The fair-haired woman thanked the generous person for relaying the message... if that's what you would call it. She didn't hesistate or even peak inside of the room, she simply continued her journey.

Although she had never gone to the actual temple, she knew where it was. Nadia had given her explicit directions and so it was not a difficult task to find its location. In fact, she was there faster than she would had expected.

Aeris peered around for the priestess, and if she found her, she would go and pray beside her.

Brytan

the temple

Post by Brytan »

The temple turned out to be pretty much empty, save for the lone figure of the high priestess, knelt at one of the reliquary shrines which adorned the temple walls. As Aeris entered a feeling of greatness swept over her, entering the ominous dome that covered the temple, adorned with religious figurines, etches and reliefs. The floor swept by the desert sands people had no doubt walked in from outside, it gave a more natural feel to the place. Sand belonged here. This was visible in the colours used to depict scenes from the scrolls of Anasis and Uphuron, in the plaster on the walls and the windows through which the last remnants of the sun shone, casting an enchanting light on the shrine before which the priestess was knelt down in prayer.

As Aeris stood beside her to pray, she could hear Nadia praying in a language she had heard while staying at the palace more often, but could not readily understand. She knew it was the ancient language of the desert, of the Ra-Fao's. Nadia had explained her something about the religion she practiced here and as such Aeris was pretty certain that the prayers were directed at Uphuron, who's likeness was also on the shrine's surface. The high priestess didn't at first react to the swanmaiden moving up beside her. But as she finished her prayer she got up quickly and acknowledged her presence with a smile and a friendly nod.

"Ah, Aeris. I hadn't expected you yet or I would have met you at my chambers. How has your day been, no one disturbed you I trust? Did you glean anything from the library last eveningtide?"
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

She stood in the door way for a flicker or two and then proceeded into the structure. As the maiden crept into the santuary, she had a feeling of warmth and security. It was an odd feeling, knowing some of the darker aspects of the isle, but she welcomed it none-the-less.

Quickly finding her mentor, Aeris went and lingered near her. The swan said her own prayers about her new-found love and even his sister. Akuta was a case that needed to be handled with the utmost amount of subtlety and precaution. Aeris surely didn't want to come to find that the little home-wrecker had run off... like she had at the bizaar.

Either case, Aeris prayed. She worshipped her gods and thought about what the evening was going to entail. After Nadia had recognized her, she nodded her head to show that she in turn noticed her.

Her eyes flicked to the candle that was place upon the alter. The dance that the flame knew was an entrancing one, just like at the library. As the priestess spoke it tore her concentration from the little destructive force.

"No, no... no one interrupted me," she paused, "not that I know of anyway. I went to your office first and did not find you there. One of the acolytes directed me here, and so here I found you." Aeris stepped aside to give the lady a clear path out of the temple, if she was so inclinde to take it. "The library was magnificant, if nothing else. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but I did find a little information about the slave trade and common literature detailing the Six High Priests of the Rafao... which was quite entralling."

"My day is pleasant, so far, and yourself? I hope I didn't distract you from your prayers," she added with a look of something on her face. "Do you know what the plan for tonight is?"

Brytan

the ra-fao

Post by Brytan »

The high priestess walked outside, into the dusk, indicating Aeris to follow her on her path. As they walked outside, passing the lavishly decorated temple shrines, windows and columns, the plain exterior of some of the buildings around stood out.

"Oh, you did not disturb me. In fact I was waiting for you to awaken from your slumber. There are matters we need to discuss that may be of some importance."

Nadia walked along the paved squares and streets making up the larger part of the courtyards before the temple and more so in the direction of the Ra-Fao's palace to which they seemed to be heading. The building rising high over the others, in an attempt to describe the greatness of the Ra-Fao and the gods he represented. "The Ra-Fao has asked to meet with you this evening. Several matters have arisen over the past few days which have drawn his attention and he wishes to...consult you."

Their path seemed to lead to the palace inner courtyards. The traffic at this time of the tide was slow, so they could walk pretty much undisturbed. One man was lighting sconces at the walls they passed.

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

As the two women walked through the temple and out into the cooling atmosphere of Amun Rah, Aeris couldn't help but think about Jin. She wonder where he was at the moment and what he was doing. She had read in the novel that some masters aren't as kind to their help as others. She considered that the man she fell for was being repeatedly beaten, but she knew that wasn't the case. It was a silly notion and she hoped she knew the truth.

Aeris' thought process about the slave was torn away by more pressing topics. "More important matters?" she reitterated. The swan looked at Nadia with a perplexed look on her face. What could possibly be that urgent?

"Why would he want to see me? The recognition at the market was thanks enough.. besides, I'm no one. You, you are his High Council. He shou-" she tried to argue. Aeris suddenly stopped and knew that it was absurd. The Rafao wanted to meet with her for a specific reason and she assumed that Nadia and him had meet within the last few days. There was only one question that went through her mind, what could she do that someone else better couldn't?

Brytan

smiles

Post by Brytan »

The two women walked along the streets and stairs, flowing almost naturally up towards the palace of the Ra-Fao. Aeris' words were parried only by the high priestess' smile, which left her to ponder the meaning of the abrupt message Nadia had given her just now.

It took several burns before they had spiraled their way through the inner corridors of the palace. Aeris noticed the subtle increase in security as they went deeper into the palace. Guards standing in solemn silence at almost every corner as they neared the chambers of the Ra-Fao. Eventually they halted at several ornately carved and lavishly gold plated doors. Two guards stood before them, but at the sight of the High priestess they stepped aside without question and opened the doors.

They were being expected...

Inside, they came upon a small foyer, which was also lavishly decorated with statues and carvings, the walls painted in the tell tale colours of the Amun Rah desert traditions. They took a left and entered a sitting area, in which several comfortable benches were poised strategically around a large hearth. Flames were burning in the fireplace, flickering their light upon the shape of the man standing at one of the large windows which looked out over one of the inner courtyards.

Ionis didn't turn. He had gotten word that his priestess and her pupil were on their way, and by the time they entered he knew exactly who stood before them. It was after all his palace, and he held the reigns tightly in hand.

"For the moment..."

"Please, sit. So kind of you to join me. Would either of you like something to drink or eat?" He snapped his fingers and from the shadows a slave appeared, standing ready to cater to their needs.

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

It seemed that the stairs and corridors would never end. Corner after corner they turned and their journey venture farther and farther into the catacombs of the elaborately decorated structure. People scrammbled here and there, just like in the simbahan. Something that would have signified that they were getting close to his chambers was the numerous guards. Aeris noticed, but didn't register such the notion since her attention was on the tapestries and ornate carvings that decored that walls, ceiling and even the floor. She wanted to reach out and take the culture into her, as if it was something so easily tangible, something like that of a sheet of parchment. The swan wished that she could review it, look at it as a whole and then digest it if it suited her. Her mind had escaped her as it wound out of control and thought of everything, but meeting the Desert King. It wasn't until Nadia had stopped for a moment that the fair-haired woman did.

The doors opened with easy and she followed the priestess at her heel. They entered and Aeris sat as was instructed, flattening her dress as she sat. Orders were flung like a rock and she was being beckoned to for an order. She replied with fruit, vegatables and water.

The swan maiden simply sat and waited for the meeting to start. Aeris peered around the room, looking for anything extremely special that was in this particular chamber for a reason. She scanned and her eyes drifted to the window. It was at that flicker she wanted to be outside, to just simply bathe in the warmth of the sun. She let he notion go when she saw the man standing near the massive viewing spot. What could he possibly want with me? still echoed through her cranium.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The servant rushed off, having taken the orders of Aeris and Nadia, returning moments later with a tray laden with fresh fruit, a pitcher of sparkling clear water, some wine Nadia had ordered and an assortment of vegetables displayed neatly on a silver platter. It was placed before them on a small table, while a second tray arrived for the Ra-Fao who had taken to a chair to the left of the bench they had sat down on. A glass was filled with red wine, which gleemed like blood in the flickering of the fire.

"I trust your stay with us so far has been a pleasant one?" Ionis adressed Aeris directly. "The unfortunate incident several days ago none withstanding ofcourse. I'm not sure I have properly thanked you yet for your involvement in the matter." He sipped his drink, carefully taking in Aeris' response to the open display of gratitude the ruler of the island was showing. "I heard you have spent some time in our library studying up on our culture. Nadia tells me you have your reasons, perhaps we can be of some assistance to each other?"

The Ra-Fao paused, waiting for Aeris' response. It seemed as if he was well informed of what Aeris had been researching and already had something in mind. "Please, feel free to be candid. You tell me what it is you seek and I might be able to grant you some aid."

"Provided you help me first."
Last edited by Brytan on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

The modest swan maiden wanted to dive into the platter of fruit and luscious vegetables as it was placed upon the table. The colors and aromas of it all nearly drove her mad with starvation since she hadn't eaten in quite a time. However, she held her own and took a small portion onto her own plate. She looked her utensils and didn't care for such a means but picked them up anyway and began to pick away at her meal as the Desert King spoke to her.

Aeris nodded here and there as appropriate all the while chewing and swallowing her tasty fruit. She poured herself a goblet of the clearest water she had ever seen and took a sip. As the rush of cold liquid rushed through her body her sheer will was all that was holding her back from jumping into the glass. She was not used to the highest quality of foods and beverages... she was used to what she could get.

A bargain was introduced to the mixture and she smoothly returned the eating devices to their home. She looked at Ionis, probably for the first time, and her eyes met his.

"I wish to know how much an exceptional slave would cost and to have that sum of money... that is all," she said sincerely. Her mind shifted to the wealth that should could have or even a place here at the palace. She considered being a merchant of slaves and having her very own district. Aeris contemplated being trained by his high priestess and becoming a powerful assest to the kingdom. She thought of all of that and then her parents faded through all of it. It was at that flicker she knew that she couldn't stay here forever. Her travel expenses she would acquire herself, for this all she wanted was to free Jin from his master. Whether they would be able to find a home was for the Gods to decide.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"An exceptional slave you say?" Ionis looked at Aeris, his eyes reflecting knowledge. He had anticipated her question. "Many people would ask for far greater than you do now milady, you are commended for your sincerity."
He sipped his drink and took a small apple from the tray that was placed before them, biting off a juicy piece. Nadia in the meantime was sitting in total silence, seemingly observing both her Ra-Fao and her pupil, thoughts coursing behind the windows to her soul.

"It depends ofcourse, who does the slave belong to? What is his...or her job in the household they serve and how attached is their owner to them." Ionis had switched to a very general tone, even though his initial response and hesitation would have been clear to the keen ear. "Who is this slave you are so interested in?"

Nadia turned to look at Aeris directly. Aeris' interest in Jin was apparent if she dared to ask the Ra-Fao of slavery protocol directly. Aeris had read that slaves weren't generally freed easily and bartering for one only happened at the slave market. "She is direct, I'll give her that. I hope it doesn't cost her more than she bargained for."

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

She nodded here and there as appropriate. The swan was indeed a sincere person and didn't require or even deem it necessary to take more than what one needed. All she needed at the moment was money to free Jin. She didn't know what she was doing meddling in the affairs of Jin and Akuta, but she felt the undying need to hand him a single piece of paper that bound him to slavery. Aeris valued this man beyond anything she had ever in the past and it was in her ability to give him something no one else wanted to... freedom.

"What I ask of you has complications. I wish to give this slave the one thing he wants.. his freedom. I know he doesn't want to live a life for someone else, and so I sit here now not exactly knowing what to do. All I know that he is indeed a slave and that his name is Jin," she turned to Nadia then. "Nadia, you know of whom I speak, maybe you could help me out with the details?"

"The main doubt I have is if I am able to hand him his papers, what will he do? He has no where else to go, and I don't believe he would take up residence at the Simbahan. So, this is where the complications start to work their way in."

"I also know little about bartering, but that doesn't mean I won't try," she added boldly.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

OOC: I am going to make some assumptions about Jin in this post, feel free to correct me if any of this contradicts earlier threads.

Nadia nodded to Aeris' claim. She did indeed know Jin, not very well ofcourse as she had only had little more dealings with him than Aeris had but she did know who the swanmaiden was reffering to. "Yes, I know Jin my liege. He is a slave of the Golathan household." She didn't seem to want to divulge any more information. Perhaps the priestess didn't have it, or perhaps it was information better discussed elsewhere. The Ra-Fao however smiled and sipped from his wine once more before setting down his glass upon the table before them. He got up and walked to the large windows, looing out over the vast palace grounds and the city stretched out below.

"You speak of the desire to free this man with passion young swan. I can tell his freedom means a great deal to you, yet I am not the one to adress about this matter. Your bartering skills might not be very great, but I might be willing to throw in a few chips of my own in that respect. Provided you do something for me while I work out the details..."

He paused a moment, walking back to the two women, standing ominously before them in the flickering firelight. His golden bracelet and the symbols of Anasis and Uphuron present enchained around his neck and in his symbolic garments of Ra-Fao. "You may know that my wife, Isis, is currently away, acting as an ambassador to the island on my behalf in the Citadel. Word has reached me about events there which trouble me. I need someone to go there and make sure everything is alright."

He walked back to the window, his movements betraying a tension which couldn't readily be explained by looking at his features. The darkness from the eveningtide covering much of his appearance as his back was now turned to the fire his posture was that of a man with...concerns. "What say you?" His eyes still gazing out over the city proper. "My aid in freeing your slave, you in return acting as my agent in the Citadel for a time."

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

The white-haired woman nodded as Ionis stated that she had passion in her heart. It was one of the few things that she could give Jin, that he wouldn't be able to give himself. To buy yourself out of slavery was a damn hard thing to do, and do it when you were such a... dedicated one was much more difficult. If it was the only thing she could do for him, she wasn't willing to wait another flicker.

She didn't move, other than the sipping of her beverage while he spoke. Aeris did know that Isis was in the Citadel and that she wasn't the best of people. It was all hear-say of course, but she was sure that some of the accusations were true. She looked at him then with something behind here eyes.

"How will I send word of my findings?" the swan questioned and also gave her answer. She was going to travel to yet another place, and that was her father's wishes. The woman had a multitude of reasons for venturing yet again into a foreign world.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"Ah, as direct as you are passionate. A respectable trait which will prove usefull in your assignment." Ionis snapped his fingers and the slave boy appeared again, holding a parchment and a small pouch. "Here is some money and a signed order from me to the priests at the temple of Pecunia in the Citadel. Once and if you have something usefull to report, you should go to them and send written word by delivering your findings to one of their priests, along with my orders. They will see to their delivery."

He had sat back down as he spoke, leaning forward in his chair to gaze into Aeris' eyes, as if attempting to assess her value to him. "I have a portal which you can use once you have made travel arrangements, must make sure not to leave anything valuable behind." He hinted at her belongings obviously. "There is no limit to the time you will have to exert your assignment. But the faster I get information, the more usefull it will be for me, and as such for you aswell." His tone had changed from the pleasant conversationalist to that of a seasoned ruler and deal maker. "I wish to know exactly what Isis is up to and what events in the Citadel she is playing a part in that might influence Amun Rah directly. Tidings of war resound through the Seven Isles and I need reliable information."

The emphasis on the word 'reliable' was hard to miss.

"Once you are ready to leave, just let one of my guards at the palace entrance know, they will take you to the portal." He had placed the pouch and scroll before Aeris. "I trust we have an agreement then?"

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

The tiny woman used every ounce of her self-will not to snatch the bag and parchment off the table and run to free Jin. Instead, her hand reached out, but went past the tools of trade and lingered in the air infront of the Desert King. She waited to see if he would take it, while saying, "You have a deal."

After the arrangement had been made, she still had a few questions to inquire about. "Will I be residing at that temple? Has anything like that been sorted out since I have... specfic needs? Also, do you know of any contacts that I should seek out first? Or is this entirely up to me?"

Nothing was very important, but it would make her job much easier if she didn't need to worry about her quarters and it would make her life less stressful if she knew who to speak with over matters of Isis. She didn't know what the woman looked like, nor where in the citadel she was. And just then another question popped into her mind. "What exactly have to already heard? How deep is this... what trouble is she causing?"

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Ionis did indeed take her hand, grasping it gently as if she were made of porcelain. Bending down to kiss it before answering her questions.

"Your questions are not without merit. I see I chose the right person to do my inquiries in the Citadel. You should see a representative of the scouting guild if you have a chance, concerning proper quarters. Otherwise there isn't much else I can do besides offer you the fountain in Lady Isis' residence. As for who to see first? Start at Isis, I have told her I'd be sending an emissary to see if she needed anything and to report back any important news." he paused a moment, taking time to have his glass refilled and take a sip. "Which isn't entirely untrue. After that, you should have a good idea of what is going on and progress from there."

The Ra-Fao got up, indicating this time that the audience was over. Nadia got up aswell and bowed as formally required. Ionis turned to Aeris one last time. "What I have heard? Trouble is brewing in the Citadel, war is coming from the west. I have no idea what Isis is upto and how deeply she is involved in these matters, which is why I'm sending you. Now, if you will excuse me ladies, I have other matters that require some attention. I hope your mission will be fruitfull."

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

So it was done. Aeris was going to the Citadel and there wasn't any room to bargain.. even if she didn't want to go. The woman thought for a moment and knew that it was a good venture for her and Ionis, and maybe even Nadia. The maiden stood and bowed and began to walk out of the room.

When the ladies reached the hall, she looked at Nadia and asked, "what do you make out of all of this? What trouble could possibly be brewing in the Citadel... what possibly could be stirring for the Rafao to send an emissary?" knowing that she probably didn't have any answers either.

As the proceeded else where, Aeris said, "well, I guess I should leave immediately then. The sooner Ionis knows what events are taking place, the better... I suppose. What do you know of the priests at the Pecunia temple?" she inquired.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

As the two left the chambers of the Ra-Fao, Nadia looked at Aeris with somewhat of a worry lingering in her eyes and over her features. She didn't seem quite at ease with the task set before Aeris.

"Whatever it is that moves our Ra-Fao to do what he does, to ask what he asks of you is beyond me. But whatever it is, you can rest assured that it bears some weight with him to send you instead of one of his long time trusted servants."

She seemed to be struggling with questions of her own as they traversed the corridors back down through the palace and outside to where they had originally come from. Most of Aeris' belongings still being at or near the temple, it seemed almost natural to Nadia to walk in that direction.

"The priests of Pecunia? I try to have as little dealings with them as possible, but that may be a personal preference. They take care of many monetary dealings for high placed figures in society all across the Seven Isles and beyond. Their religion, if you can call it that, is based on procuring wealth. If you pay them they will most likely do whatever you want them to."

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

It took every ounce of her being not to stop dead in her tracks at the mere mention of money. There was a power within and so heavily wrapped around it that one could truly buy power. Everyone has a price, it's a matter of finding what it was.

"I cannot stay with them then... it will not be a safe-haven if anyone finds out what I am," she said in a hushed voice. "If these people are easily swayed by coin, they would not hesitate to sell me to the highest bidder. And I also do not feel comfortable loding with Isis herself.. however, it might prove to benefit the King dramatically and with haste; we will see."

As the two women walked to their destination, Aeris wondered what was truly happening that had Ionis in a fray. It was clearly vastly important or he wouldn't be sending such a street rat... nor would he send someone who he didn't trust. There were several factors that didn't add up in her mind, but those were issues that could only be solved by at least meeting the infamous Queen.

"I guess all I will need is my mantle... assuming everything else will be provided... mainly food and clothing. Do you have any suggestions with the citadel? Where not to go and where I might find specific things?" the angel inquired.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"Well, you should try to steer clear from the University, many mages there who might take an interest in a free swanmaiden. I've heard some rumors of a flock of your kind on the island, although I'm not sure if those rumors are true or just stories. As for a place to stay, I'm sure either Ionis or Isis will be able to set you up, considering you are technically in their employ."

The priestess and Aeris walked along for a little while, passing the fountain. They were close to the temple now. No one else seemed to be walking the streets and passageways as darkness had set in. Just the occasional guard patrolling nodded to them as they passed, acknowledging their high priestess.

"As for where to find specific things. There is a very good library in the Citadel, although that would take you close to the University. The higher rings are a great resource for all kinds of goods and information. If you seek gossip you might try a few of the inns, but that is common knowledge to most. Consider though that since you will be doing most of your active researching at gravetide, that you don't go down to far into the lesser parts of the city."

They came upon the temple doors. Nadia stopped and turned to Aeris, facing her with concern wraught in her eyes. "Please be carefull Aeris, large cities are so much different than your natural surroundings. Even Abu'Sahir is much different from the Citadel and you might not find yourself as well protected as you do here."

OOC: If you like we can wrap up on this end and assume you travel through the portal to the Citadel. I'll let the local mods there know you're coming through so you can coordinate with them to pathe further adventures. Ofcourse you're free to wrap up this thread with some closing arguments, send me a PM if you have any questions/suggestions.
Last edited by Brytan on Tue May 30, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

The flicker the word mage processed into the maiden's ears, she practically froze. It was one of the few things she truly feared, since she didn't have any protection against them. She knew not of the magics of elements or even mind manipulation. In her defense, she had a natural resistance to it, but that was a straw wall compared to the masters of the Citadel. As the priestess continued, her anixity attack faded almost as soon as it came, due to the fact that others might be there. How interesting it would be for Aeris to meet some of her kin. She was a rare being, and knowing that she didn't hold much hope on the endevor.

The swan didn't have a choice but to stop when Nadia did. She was worried about her and with good reason. Aeris was a valuable asset to Amun Rah, and more so as a friend. The grew to love Amun Rah, but it was her time to move on. She didn't know if she would ever come back to the desert isle. So much had happened and so much was still left unwritten. Jin was a reason she didn't completely dismiss the notion of returning to the dry lands of Abu`Sahir. "Thank you for your concern, since I will surely need it. And thank you for your guidance, most importantly. I will find out what is going on in the Citadel and you will hear word. I will miss you Nadia," she said before they went on their seperate ways.

OOC: Ok, I'm going to assume she gets all her stuff and goes to the Citadel. Was a pleasure playing with you. Keep up the plots and writing. Breathe some new life into Amun Rah. Make it yours.

Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

The flicker the word mage processed into the maiden's ears, she practically froze. It was one of the few things she truly feared, since she didn't have any protection against them. She knew not of the magics of elements or even mind manipulation. In her defense, she had a natural resistance to it, but that was a straw wall compared to the masters of the Citadel. As the priestess continued, her anixity attack faded almost as soon as it came, due to the fact that others might be there. How interesting it would be for Aeris to meet some of her kin. She was a rare being, and knowing that she didn't hold much hope on the endevor.

The swan didn't have a choice but to stop when Nadia did. She was worried about her and with good reason. Aeris was a valuable asset to Amun Rah, and more so as a friend. The grew to love Amun Rah, but it was her time to move on. She didn't know if she would ever come back to the desert isle. So much had happened and so much was still left unwritten. Jin was a reason she didn't completely dismiss the notion of returning to the dry lands of Abu`Sahir. "Thank you for your concern, since I will surely need it. And thank you for your guidance, most importantly. I will find out what is going on in the Citadel and you will hear word. I will miss you Nadia," she said before they went on their seperate ways.

OOC: Ok, I'm going to assume she gets all her stuff and goes to the Citadel. Was a pleasure playing with you. Keep up the plots and writing. Breathe some new life into Amun Rah. Make it yours.

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

OOC: For the sake of the synch timing we will assume that you leave inthe morning of the 27th. You may continue your story here.

https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?p=168438

OOC: Welcome to Citadel!
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”