One for all and all for One (closed) ~ Samheen 26th

Moderator: Mods

Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin felt the sing on his cheek, and his tranquil feeling was shattered for a moment. He wanted to return the blow. This was the King though; he could do nothing here but accept the abuse. Humility, he had to remember humility, he learned it in the horse stalls at the temple.

He was not the Avatar, this he could see. The King was right, a title is earned, and he had not earned the title of Avatar, perhaps he had taken the throne, but not the place of the good King. “I…” he wanted to tell him all he knew, that he knew he did not have the shard, and perhaps it was not a thing that could be touched. Perhaps this is why it was hidden, to keep the man from becoming the Avatar by taking it.

“I will depart at once and look for her.” He said swiftly and turned on one heel to leave the balcony. He left the King alone.

As he walked into the ball room he could see them lining up for a dance. He had no skill in dancing, and after that encounter wanted to dance even less now. He released his clenched hands, not realizing how much his nails had been biting into his flesh.

It burned him to the core to disappoint the King, to be treated worse then a common servant. He closed his eyes; it was all in the will of the One. He could not control it, so he needed not to worry about it. What he had to do though, was find out why he was here, and what was happening.

He summoned a cat person. “The King asked me to leave, please could you collect my things. I should go.” He could not stay at the ball, the King wished him gone from his sight. Why risk staying and being seen? He could not stay and meet Tinally, this was sure.
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

Yin did not realize that he had unwittingly walked into the path of the blindfolded ladies searching for partners. One such being the Queen herself as she felt herself knock into the frame of someone she assumed to be one of the gentlemen in the line. Removing her blindfold to see whom fate had selected for her, surprise showed but briefly on her visage at seeing the young man before her. But just as quickly a breathtaking smile appeared upon her lips and her eyes glittered...

And so it was that Yin would have to risk being seen, for Fialessa reached a hand out to him and drew him out to the dance floor properly. “It seems as if you are to partner me young paladin. Though it seems from your look that perhaps you are disappointed?” She of course did not know of the angry words that passed between he and her husband. Her hand on his was gentle and yet firm enough that it was apparent that she would not brook any resistance to her wishes.
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin looked at her hand, then to the eyes of the Queen, she was striking. “It is never a disappointment to be in the company of a beautiful Queen.” He bowed in greeting. “I must confess, you have the misfortune of having the worst dancer in all the Kingdom as your pair. Perhaps it will be I who disappoints you.”

He could see she was not going to release him, and if it was her request for him to dance with her, he would need to honor the request. “Let the King be damned for his arrogance.” He thought. They would need to know all they could of what has happened as of late, and they would need to protect the shard from the enemies of the church.

“I have not had the honor of thy name, my Queen. I must confess, much of the last year has slipped by as if it never happened.” He smiled as the dancers started to assemble on the dance floor. He led her out with her hand that was holding his. “My duties down not afford me time for dancing and merry making. Even now I should be about the business of our King.”

He was hoping this would set him free as the music was starting. He did not know any fine dances, and he wondered how bad it would be if he and the Queen were to dance some commoner’s jig.

Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

Rosalie summoned a pink blindfold. She had been prepared of course. Lirpitz had become such a favorite at court. What is more... she cheated. Cheating had become a normal thing for Rose. Cheating and lying had become as normal as breathing, just as her father had taught her. Deep into gravetide there were moments of regrets. Not now however. Rosalie firmly bound her blindfold, in such a way that she could still see tentatively where she was going.

Peeking through the small slids of her blindfold Rosalie floated in one particular direction only and she jumped on her prey with something of glee. "OH.. councilor Gavin, fancy meeting you here.. in the middle of a ball room. Has the innocent abondoned you already?"
Last edited by Rosalie Marcada on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

It was really funny. She seemed drawn to him like moth to a flame. It was such a nice analogy. So he stood still and watched her walk. Straight into his arms. He did not move. It would be cheating. Gavin rarely cheated. Besides, this was something he was looking forward to. Come to me, my pink viper. Come to me and let us dance. For a flicker he even got suspicious. Is she cheating? Why, that would have been so mischievous. So Rosalie. I shall have to inquire later. Oh, I shall.

He did allow himself a slight indiscretion by putting his hands on her hips. Not too low, but then again low enough to raise a few eyebrows. "Milady [b]Lo Russo[b], what a pleasant surprise. As for the young lady who accompanied me, she is doing her part at Lirpitz too. I would have felt so bad had I cheated. Though I must admit I was tempted. No matter now, fate brought us together and there is nothing we can do but dance. Shall we?" Letting go of her waist the big man bowed and offered her his hand. For now he could dance like nothing was amiss. His words and his mind might give a different impression.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

Alexandrya moved slowly, ever so slowly. She listened and it seemed that no one was coming to aid her. She frowned as she turned around cautiously with her arms out in cause a wall suddenly appeared in her way. Just find some random partner, dance with him, and walk away...how difficult could that possibly be? She thought to herself as she continued to walk about.

She honestly did not know she was heading passed everyone and everything and ran straight into [b]Michel's/b] form as the King was stepping away from the balcony. "Uhmph," as she contacted a hard body. What little wind she did have left inside of her lungs whooshed out and she was left gasping a bit. I must have hit a pillar. Oh dear please do not let it be a pillar. Her pulled down her blindfold and her eyes widened, "Your majesty!" She just ran into the king. Greeeeat... She gave a deep curtsy, "It seems that fate has brought us together for one dance, your majesty." A king, what does one talk about with a king?

Then she noticed how close to a balcony she was and cringed. How embarassing and dangerous would it have been if I fell off? A shiver ran down her spine and she looked up at the very tall man. A kind smile and a look of expectancy appeared upon her achadhiel features.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

“Ah but I am not so misfortunate as you might think Sir Paladin... For your tongue is willing to flatter, and that at least is a start.” Again her brilliant smile caught upon her features. “As for the rest, I suppose I might help you along... perhaps you shall be better than you might imagine. Apparently skilled fighters find that dancing is not entirely unlike an intricate sword fight...”

With her hands she led his to where he might place them upon her body, he unfortunately was not about to get away with a jig. She thought to try one of the easier dances where there was little in the way of outward display and the continual breaking apart and coming together... And one in which she could easily lead him without too much notice. This young man did need to find his footing, and she was certain it was needed in more than just the dance...

Her laughter touched his ears, “Well at least you are honest enough to admit such. It is Fialessa, though I imagine there might be those that would pretend through the entire dance that they knew... But it must be evidence that you are good and noble as you have been so hard at your tasks that time has slipped by in such a fashion for you...” With her eyes she seized his gaze, and peered into the green depths in order better gage the truth of him. “Perhaps it is due that you spend a moment in dance and merriment...” She ignored the bit about him needing to be about Michel's business. Fia was of the opinion that her husband needed to lighten up a tad, and perhaps go a bit easier on his men. If this one was any indication of their loyalty and dedication then certainly she was in the right.
Last edited by Fialessa Valenstri on Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Michel Carbonneau
Commander of the Kings Court Army

Post by Michel Carbonneau »

Michel was deeply lost in his thoughts as Yin had walked away. That man better be giving me some results with that girl, or that Alvero has to be more successful. At least he seems smarter.

When he suddenly felt a body hitting his, he shot back into reality. As he realized a woman had ran into him he instantly placed his hands on her waist to give her more balance. Or was that for another reason..
He had totally missed the part where his wife had announced the new dance but when the woman said she wanted to dance, Michel had already lost his concentration for his King problems and was completely focussed on the nice figure he was suddenly holding.

He smiled as he looked into her eyes. "Well, we can't let fate down now can we?" Gracefully he took her hand into his and led her to the dancefloor where he placed his hand on her back once more as he prepared to start dancing. "Tell me, what fate has brought you here tonight, my dear."
Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe. We've come to be the rulers of you all.

Avatar by permission of Amok. [url]http://amok-koma.ru/[/url] ~ eyepatch made by Ulder, with permission of Amok.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

She was not going to let him go, this much was clear. He had to just go with the flow of things. He smiled, awkwardly, and placed his hands on her, one hand holding hers, the other on her hip.

From looking around, the dance looked more like a fancy walk then a dance. They sort of paraded around the room in a wave like motion, turning and moving as the music started to play. “Well, I would think the difference between a sword fight and a dance is that you are not looking to kill your partner when dancing.” He started to move, watching the others, and stepping how they stepped. “I hope my dance skills are not mistaken for my sword skill.” He cautioned.

“My Queen, you have a lovely name. I am honored to know you.” He danced slowly with her, his feet getting used to the rhythmic movement. “If I may say so, My Queen, you have a captivating gaze. Your eyes remind me of the new grass in spring.” He said softly, she seemed to keep her gaze locked on his.

He would indulge, just this one dance. She would have others to see after this. “The King is fortunate to have such a sight to greet him each morn and at the close of each day. Even the most common would consider himself a King to have the love of such a woman as you.” He paused in his speaking. “I am sorry, I speak too boldly, you must forgive me.” He blushed a little and his steps faltered just for a moment, but he quickly recovered to continue the dance.

“What does My Queen do when she is not ruling?” he asked, hoping to let her speak some and remove the feeling he had to fill the air with conversation. The less he talked, perhaps the better.

Rosalie Marcada

Rosalie floated into Gavins arms as if she belonged there, and perhaps she did, once upon a time. There was a familiarity between them, even to outsiders. Their bodies fit like like keys to a lock as they danced away on the busy dancefloor, swaying elegantly. Rosalie gave half a glance over to where the king was dancing with the young inncent Alexandrya "Oh dear," she sighed like a serpent in Gavin's ears, whispering about apples "I fear your girl has found the kings arms. You know the script. She'll be so impressed by him.... and his power." It was almost as if she was belittling herself, and yet she could not stop, grating against the pain both of them felt.

Rosalie's dress was not only incredibly pink, it was also by now incredibly large, and growing by the burn, the trail of her gown swinging behind her as if it was one large pink tail. "So councilor, what is it with you," her almost feline voice grated on his ears, grating at an old wound "You must think that finally, after a full year there is a chance for you to regain what you lost at Balthasar's death. Tell me what it is, my lost love. Do you think you can finally beat his murderer?"
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Alexandrya followed Michel's lead. He was a rather tall man and could be as intimidating even without the formidable title of King. He is graceful, as is Gavin... The smile continued to brighten her lovely features as she began the dance.

She counted mentally so as not to look like a complete fool by stepping on his toes before looking up into the king's brown eyes. When she heard his question, her eyes were wide as she grasped at an answer and came up with musings. Was he teasing her? I do not know how to answer that, why does one person always come to a ball, the Queen's ball, and how would I really explain my appearance here? Well you see, your Majesty, I was talking to my "future" husband and some strange man came bursting in, threw some smoke screen up and here I am ready to puke my guts out as my spine and ribs feel that they are on fire with this ridiculous contraption that women wear to look beautiful...no, no that would not do. The thoughts blared in her brain, but she kept her features schooled to a more dreamy look.

"I have come to enjoy the Queen's Ball, your Majesty, as well as soak up the ambience of this beautiful place." Wherever I currently am. "I must confess that some might say that this is my debut, and I sincerely wish I do not do something utterly embarassing." Should I confess so much? She giggled, "It must be boring you, your majesty" even though you had asked the question. "Are you enjoying yourself, your Majesty?" She tried to redirect and focus the attention on him, "I must admit that this is the first time I have participated in a Lirpitz."
Last edited by Alexandrya L`handriel on Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Michel Carbonneau

Was he enjoying himself? Well Let's see...His plans to please his wife were working out ok, but the plans to get the shard were horribly failing. Besides that all the ball etiquette was very boring. No, the only fun at these things were the women who always did their best to look stunning.

And then this dance, the dance was so..formal, minimal body contact, no passion. He missed the passion. Now a lot could be said about Fialessa, but that woman had passion. Unfortunately she was entertaining the dog at the moment, so Michel turned his attention to his very fine looking dancepartner. "Oh well, when you have to attend to ball after ball, they do become a bit boring.

Let's see if this one has some passion as well. His hand moved a bit lower on her back, just slightly under the edge of the area where it was still proper for a man to place his hand. softly pushing her body closer to his he whispered in her ear. "Sometimes though there is something, or..ah..someone special at a ball who make things much more fun." He smiled enticingly at Alexandrya as he set in for the next twirl.
Last edited by Michel Carbonneau on Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Here we are. Born to be kings. We're the princes of the universe. We've come to be the rulers of you all.

Avatar by permission of Amok. [url]http://amok-koma.ru/[/url] ~ eyepatch made by Ulder, with permission of Amok.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

His eyebrows arched. "My girl? But, milady Rosalie I have always preferred you. Unfortunately you always overlooked my humble presence. And, besides it would be rude to think of someone else with such a lovely lady by my side." Gavin actually giggled. "She can be impressed all she wants. I am willing to bet she thinks of me even now. Haven't you ever done the same?" Glittering cold blue eyes stared at hers. His hand pulled the pink clad lady a bit closer and he gave her another spin.

Then it was a time for surprise. "You mean you really don't know the full story? Well, now milady. I believe you were mislead." And with a sad smile his body became transparent, the other dancers clearly visible through him. His touch grew wispy and soft and her hand sank right into his shoulder. It lasted barely a flicker and then he was back. A knowing smile split the big man's lips as he silently allowed the notion to sink in. "Balthasar was not the only victim of our dear King. Don't tell me you believed he would let me live after what you and me exchanged. Truly, Rose. You should have known me better."

THe dance was truly enjoyable. Even in his present condition. "But, let us not linger on that. I am here again. And you are in my arms. Surely, you can find some pleasure in the fact." Mischief flashed over his face as the late Dortman, pulled her even closer. His chest pressed into hers as the pressure forced the breath out of him a bit. The grin showed two rows of pearly teeth to the lady. "Forget about the rest. Let us just dance and enjoy the moment. Grant me that. And know that I bear no grudge. I am here merely to observe. Because I know this night will be special." Almost, he leaned in to kiss her. Almost. It would not have been proper. It would have been too much. And that is why he wanted to do it. To shock both her and the rest. But, now was not the time. Not yet. Let the dance last. There will be plenty of time for it. Shock can never come too late.
Last edited by Gavin Tylvan on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The young achadhiel's ears twitched as she looked up at the King, "that is unfortunate," she said with some concern and then grinned, "I believe it may get better as the event unfolds, the beautiful costumes, as well as how the special hall is decorated, it is like a constant play but not on a visible stage." Her eyes twinkled as she belied his opinion but realised what she was doing and interjected, "But I am still very new at this, and you are a seasoned master."

Compliments are always good... Her eyes widen which halted her thoughts and she almost missed a step but "luckily" the King was able to adjust to her mistep as he drew her closer. Is he teasing me? Her eyes wide as she tried to ignore his advances, but her breath becoming a bit more stilted partly due to her outfit and partly because of the exertion of the dance. This is the Queen's Ball for goodness sakes. Is it not? She found her smile as she ignored his physical advances. "I-I would believe the excitement of the ball comes from the new things and people you might meet at these functions also."

She sighed softly as she twirled. Harmless flirting? She decided that she was going to take it as such. The smile appeared natural again as innocence masked her face. How does one decline the King's advances tactfully? Ignore, ignore... She was desperately seeking any means..."Oh and the dresses, your Majesty! Each a beautiful confection of haute couture. S-such as..." She looked about subtly as a flash of pink appeared and inclined her head towards Rosalie, "That beautiful woman over there." Distraction, avert attentions onto another. Put another bone in front of the dog for him to try to procure. The pink lady seems the type to want power as well as the gawking looks that the other courtiers seem to give just by dancing with a handsome man who also happens to be the King. When is this dance going to end? Her mind was whirling as she twirled and hoped that his attentions would find another.
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

She had noticed that her husband had been taken up by a silvery haired girl... At least it wasn't her... The Queen's gaze slipped momentarily over to Rosalie, though she hadn't noticed that her husband's partner too was looking at her and the big man she danced with.

With a pretty laugh at his comment, Fialessa remarked, “That is true, or rather I should hope one isn't trying to kill their partner. But this is court after all and one never knows for sure... Some people are rather... well not very pleasant.” She followed the steps easily with her natural born grace and love for the movements. “And you see you are not so very bad...” Fia offered him by way of encouragement.

“You see Sir Paladin, you are better at flattery and dancing will come with practice, you may make an excellent courtier one day...” her return to his comment upon her name. “and now as you have my name you must gift me with yours, unless of course you much prefer being a nameless paladin?” Stunningly as smile spread from her full lips and upwards to her honey eyed gaze, which she deliberately and liberally trained upon him. “Ah, so my gaze fascinates you? And yes you may say so, in fact I am quite flattered that you find it so...” He was still young and she felt encouraging his compliments would only improve them as he continued on.

“You are a darling, truly, saying such lovely things, and I do not find you too bold in the saying. Really a woman, Queen or no, appreciates when a man finds her appealing and tells her so.” Her voice was gentle, and not easily heard by nearby dancers. Too her own swirling movement tended to mask his inexpert steps as he recovered himself. “My dear you should never feel embarrassed in your admiration of another.”

“What do I do? Ah well there is little enough for me to do officially... but when I do have my own time...” Her eyes did sparkle at him for his wonder in something beyond her official position as a Queen. “It has been quite a time since anyone has shown any curiosity in such as my own interests. Of course they are naught but little amusements, dancing and taking walks, observing the pretty parts of the world... There is too much ill you see.” Then her eyes drifted away from his upon the other dancers... they always drifted her way, she noticed more the big man she was dancing with... Realizing who it was almost absently she mentioned, “Oh there's Gavin... It is nice to see him, he's been gone too long...”

Rosalie Marcada

Ice ran through Rosalie's veins as she looked straight through Gavin, even though it was but for a flicker. "How.. no.. but.. he promised.." her throathy voice trailed away, tears unshed in her large amber eyes as she realized yet another piece of the prize she had paid for her position of absolutely power that she had gained by becoming the Kings Mistress. The Mouthie lady had known Michael was capable of it, yet she had foolishly believed that his word to her had meant something beyond the burn it took him to take her to his bed.

"I.. I am sorry," she whispered as the large Dortman took her through another spin, carefully making sure she didn't trip with her suddenly stiff body, "... if that means anything to you now."

It took several burns and spins for Rosalie to catch her breath again. When she did the cold vicious lady was back, staring at the ghost before her. "Why have come back?" she demanded imperially, "Only to bother the living?"
Last edited by Rosalie Marcada on Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

She did not know. She truly did not know. How, stupid of me. Of course she didn't. She was never truly vicious. Just mislead. Poor, poor Rosalie. A sad smile played across his lips at her apology. The stiffness of her body was more than enough proof that it was genuine. Hand going to her cheek for a flicker the big man whispered. "You were not the one to do it. But, yes, it means a lot to me. It brings me a certain amount of peace." Hand fell away and after a few flickers held the pink lady's waist again. "You were a special lady, Rose. You still are. You simple made a few bad choices. Nothing more." And now there is no way back. No matter how hard you wish for it.

Falling silent, he danced and let the rhythm take charge of his body. He could almost close his eyes and still dance away. He almost did it, too. Rosalie's voice brought him back from reverie. Eyebrows arched he looked in surprise. "Why, indeed? Loneliness I think. Wish for the old times to be back. Yearning for some happiness. Nostalgia." One more spin as sadness twisted the big man's face. "But, why such question? Am I bothering you that much? Am I such a burden? Is my company so tedious? You have changed, my dear. And at the same time, you have stayed the same. You know, for a flicker I saw the old Rose back. Back when you said you were sorry. I know it sounds mean, but I was happy to see her. To see once more the girl I loved. Heh, maybe that is why I came back. To see if she existed." His blue eyes misting over, the man still lead the dance. Hand around her waist still held tight, unyielding. Unwilling to let go. The dance is not done yet.
Rosalie Marcada

The dance, their last dance as Rosalie knew now, lasted through eternity. The comfortable feel of his body wrenched at her carefully hidden heart. Spin. Step. Step. Spin. His confession of love twisted the knife further. Spin. Step. Step. Spin.

Through the twirls, her pink dress swishing around them like a hungry predator, while her strawberry scent nearly drowned out anything else, Rosalie could hardly see her surroundings. Spin. Step. Step. Spin. "She existed, once upon a time, like in a fairy tale," the lady breathed, "She died, a long time ago, perhaps a fitting companion for a ghost then. You hurt me Gavin, and you are hurting me again. Who else will you be hurting?" Spin. Step. Step. Spin. "Perhaps, my love, it is time to leave us in peace. For that is what we have right now.. peace.. for all the complaints people have about the king. He did bring peace. If we were sacrificed through this, perhaps it was worth it."

Through out this Rosalie was so intent upon Gavin that she did not notice all the watching eyes, especially those most dangerous of all.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

He smiled and nodded as she commented on his dancing. “I am not so good a dancer either, I just pray to the One that I do not damage your toes.” There was a small hop and a turn in the dance. “I am fortunate to have found the most pleasant of company then, if it is so hard to come by in court.”

“I do pray your forgiveness My Queen, I thought you knew my name. I am Sir Yin Lorin.” He said with a slight blushing. “I thought since the King knew of me, that you did too. How could that be though, if I have not even met you. It was a great folly for me to forget my manners so.” He was mentally kicking himself. How could he have forgotten to give her his name first? Where was his mind tonight?

He listened to her as they danced. Focusing himself on her words, listening to what she was saying, as well as how she looked while saying it. She did not sound happy, and when she spoke of her interests, she sounded even less happy.

When she mentioned Gavin, Yin stopped dancing, and looked. His heart froze in his chest as he saw the man. “I was wrong.” He whispered, the color draining from his face. He looked over at the King, then back to Gavin. “I thought he was dead. He was doing the work of the King?” He looked at the Queen. “You know him, you know Gavin?” he questioned her, he tried to remain calm, but inside he was worried, had he let an enemy of the One free?

Michel Carbonneau

Ahh she was resisting..it didn't matter to Michel. Most girls resisted at first, even Fialessa and Rosalie did a bit in the beginning. Made him want her even more. "Mmm..I'm sure you have other specialties which you perform as well as this seasoned master." The grin on his face left no room for second guesses.

And yet another round around the dancefloor started, his body still close against hers. "Oh and you are fully right, excitement mostly comes from meeting new people at these festivities." He looked at Rosalie as Alexandrya pointed her out to him. "Ahh yes, Rosalie. She was like you once, not so very long ago." remembering the good times he had with Rosalie made him want this woman even more. Of course it was pure lust, the big game of lust. But what a fun game it was. He couldn't help himself, he had to play.

The King waited for just the right moment when Fialessa would have her back turned to him and Rosalie would be at his left, having the perfect view at him, where the queen would see nothing of his next move. He replaced his hands smoothly as he surprisingly dipped Alexandrya. His left hand let go of hers and moved to her waist, but not before he had softly touched her breast. With a playful grin on his face he looked straight at Rosalie as he played with the breast for a flicker. Quickly then he lifted Alexandrya up again and resumed the normal dancing position.

Oh, of course other people then Rosalie would have noticed, but they wouldn't have the guts to speak up. As long as Fialessa hadn't seen it, all would be well. Besides..the risk made this game so interesting. What else had a King to do all day?

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The young achadhiel felt her stomach turn at the King's insinuation. She spun with the King's careful ministrations and gasped as he drew her close, too close. Rosalie used to be like me? So your poison causes her to be such a...an angry, cold vassal or is this the only way she can survive? To be cold, and heartless? I would probably be as bitter as she seems to exude. Every word, every action, I will never be her. Her eyes flashed for a moment behind the mask of pleasantries as she forced herself to relax instead of being a rigid rag doll.

Alexandrya had no idea what was coming next as the King dipped her. Her eyes almost popped out of her head as she felt his hand slide down and tease her breast. Do all kings behave with such...such vulgarity towards unknowns? I am so embarrassed I could choke on it. Her face was bright red as she realised that her tactic of ignoring him seemed to fuel his ambitious lust, she noticed as she was dipped that he had looked at Rosalie with a hunger that made her more upset. A pawn, everyone is a pawn to build and destroy people. Her own anger built as her face turned her cheeks rosy with embarrassment as well as her exertion. Her eyes shooting sparks as she resisted all her might to kick the king in the groin. A pawn...you, everyone is just a pawn for these men and women of power. Do they ever tire of their games? Calm down, kicking him is a baaaad idea. Silly girl, what are you thinking? Off with her head...urgh.

Her chest was heaving as her breast ached, a heat in her had risen due to the unknown feelings that the king's touch had stirred in the virgin. She felt her stomach turning and the bile rise in her throat from the emotions that were bubbling over the top. Anger, fear, "Y-your majesty! I-I think I need a drink of water." She gasped out as she held him but had started to lean more against the man. Her hands gripped him as if she would fall over with no balance.

"I seem to feel a bit ill from all the dancing. My mother has always said I was a weak hearted child." She said breathlessly. Her throat was dry as she desperately tried to catch some air. "Please, your majesty." She said desperately as if something had pained her. She tried very hard to keep the impulse to vomit down. The girl looked a bit pale green as the red in her seemed to have been washed out. By the gods, I cannot embarrass myself. Control...control, breathe...come on, silly you have done it for 18 years.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The smile remained. His face might have been sculpted from stone for all appearances. His eyes held hers and did not move as Gavin followed her movements with perfect grace. After all, he was unable to falter now. That was for the living. But, his hands still felt her body and he still felt pain. The words Rosalie uttered only burned deeper. A fairy tale. Hurt. For a flicker anger burned in his eyes, but a simple blink was all that was needed for him to hide the emotions again.

A yahren of pain. A yahren of sacrifice. A yahren of anger. At you. And for what? So you could play a silly game. Because you wanted more. Wanted everything. He did not hear the music. His body followed it perfectly. He was never a great dancer, but tonight it was fitting. He WAS angry at her. And yet, he could not be. And for all your faults I still did love you. How silly of me? "Ah, yes. Sacrifice. Sacrifice for the greater good." Voice dripping with sarcasm, Gavin's face finally changed. It became serious. More focused.

Pressing her a bit more into his body, the squeeze was not rightly painful, but very close to it. Leaning, the big man brought his lips to her ear and whispered, thought no breath left his lips. There was no need for air in his lungs. "Hurt you? I never did anything to hurt you. The reasons for my return have nothing to do with you. World does not revolve around you, my dear Rose. It never did." It never will. "You and I differ in one aspect my dear. We both had a goal. Only I was not ready to take some paths to achieve mine. You on the other hand....." Once more the big man pulled back and gazed into her eyes.

"Tonight I will hurt not a soul. I have come merely to watch the others get hurt. And they WILL get hurt." His eyes sought the King, the Queen and Yin in turn. "Coming out was a mistake. I realize that now. This dance was..... a mistake." A strained chuckle. "Oh, it was fun. And you are still as lovely as ever. Always lovely, my Rose was." Though his voice mimicked sadness well, the way his eyes still held hers made it clear it was just that. A mimicry. "I am glad you knew nothing of my demise. It made the past yahren so much better for you. No foolish Gavin around and no guilt. Because you never knew I was dead. So Rose-like"

Now he was getting mean. But, something in her voice made him do it. He truly did come to dance with her for the old times. He truly meant all he said. ALL of it. It was always YOU, Rosalie. Always people hurt you and you worried about that. It was never you hurting someone. You were so perfect. King's Advisor for sure. More like a Fool. A fool that loved you. A single tear rolled down. It never touched the ground. It died halfway, just as his love did. Oh, he still danced. The dance was not over. But, he was done here. And when the music stopped, he would leave. Leave her to her 'life'. Her 'happiness'. "Goodbye, Rose. It truly is time for me to leave. Forever."
Rosalie Marcada

Nothing hurts more than the truth. Cold. Vicious. Strong Willed. Vain. Spoiled. Egocentric. Selfish. They were all descriptions that fit Rosalie very well, and the pain ran through her body as the words rang true into her ears upon Gavin's whispers. Her amber eyes watered and she might have pressed herself even closer to the ghost, forcing him to be of flesh again, to feel again.

It was at that flicker that the remainder of her world crumbled. Michael had found a new toy again. He dipped her only as an excuse to fondle the girls breast. The pain of the loss of power it implied, as she was tossed aside casually by not only a ghost, but by the king.. it was too much to take.

Ordinary girls might have fainted at this point. Not Rose. Her anger made steam come from her nose. Her petite form grew, and grew, just like her pink gown. No, No.. she would NOT allow it. Rosalie stamped her feet and as she did the whole ballroom trembled.

A large pink dragon had emerged on the middle of the dancefloor, stamping its rear feet so hard that the palace itself groaned with the stress of it. The dragon sat only a few paces away from His Royal Highness. Steam came from its nostrils together with a heavy scent of strawberries. It was hungry and hurt. With a gnarl it reached out and picked up the nearest lady... Alexandrya.... tossing her up in the air and swallowing her whole. An angry gleam was in its amber eyes as it burped.

"Now then," the dragon hissed "Any more virgins around here?"
Last edited by Rosalie Marcada on Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

He could pray to the One all he liked, but Fialessa didn't believe the One cared overmuch for dancing... But her smile remained, “I thank you for saying such. And yes I do believe that many of the courtiers here and in general care only for their own ends. Few give thought to the world around unless it bites them.”

“it is a little matter, Sir Lorin. All is forgiven, so you should not worry yourself.” She even laughed a little as they continued the dance. But it was short lived as her mention of Gavin did bring such an unexpected response. The young paladin ceasing his movements mid dance, questioning her about the man.

And just as she thought to let him in on the subtleties of asking such questions while continuing to dance, the big man's dance partner turned into a dragon and swallowed her own husband's partner... whole. The Queen's eyes grew large, more from surprise than fear. She knew there had to be another reason she didn't like that pink harlot... To Yin she said, “Perhaps it would be best if...” But she didn't know exactly what would be best in this instance.

Michel Carbonneau

Michel had expected some kind of reaction from Rosalie, but this one was way beyond his comprehension. "By Dominicus.." He uttered as he saw how Alexandrya was swallowed in one single gulp. He had to get out of there...fast..really fast.

Looking around he saw Fialessa and Yin standing still on the dancefloor. He ran up to them, grabbing Fialessa by the hand. "Darling, it is time to go." The King then turned to Yin. "You say you are a paladin, right? This is your moment to prove it. Defend your King from this dragon and I shall call you paladin once more." Without awaiting the answer, Michel ran towards the nearest exit, dragging Fia with him as he shouted for the guards to protect him.

Panic would arise of course, just after the shock. Michel hoped his reaction was quick enough. He could feel the building tremble as he ran.
While nearing the exit, he suddenly noticed Tinnaly closeby. Damn that woman..she still has the shard.....can't let het get away again
He stopped, looking at Fialessa. "Go my love. I will follow you soon. Go now." He urged her to continue walking to the exit and then he turned around to get Tinally.

He grabbed the girl by the arm and started to drag her towards the exit as he had done with Fialessa just flickers ago, only this time he could feel the anger within him. "Can't let you get away again, missy. You have been ruining my plans for too long. And since none of my people seem to be able to handle you, I will do it myself."

Return to “Erulzat Archives”