SPOILER - Plot ideas and complete plots

Moderator: Mods

Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

SPOILER - Plot ideas and complete plots

Post by Brytan »

This is the spot where I moved the plot hooks element from the original dev thread. I'll be adding completed plotlines to this thread as I go, hoping people will comment on their validity.

[hr][/hr]
Plot hooks from Kanthrop history

Kanthanar – The dragon who dreamed her kin, unknown to the Kanthrop community she is in essence their creator.

Kanthanar’s Kin – The dragon’s kin, born in the Aether, responsible for the curse on the village that in turn spawned the first of the Kanthrops. Where are they? What are they? How do they impact current day Kanthrop life?

The Cursed Village – A long lost village, located somewhere on the mainland between the Western Kingdom and Terra Incognita. Is it still there? Is it still inhabited? What secrets to the Kanthrop does it hold?

The Slain Kanthrop – The young girl who was the first Kanthrop to bleed for her people. Her death was the trigger which led the kin of Kanthanar to take away the first remaining Kanthrops to live on Ursa Etheria.

Spirits of Adventure – The adventurers who found and slew Kanthanar were killed in their sleep by the kin of the dragon. Their spirits still roam the Aether, repenting or plotting?

The remains of Kanthanar – The adventurers took parts of Kanthanar as trophies. Her body was desecrated and her spirit is not at rest…

The Great Crossing – The long journey from the mainlands to the island of Ursa Etheria was not without perils. Who still remembers it? Were there things taken, left, forgotten and now remembered?

Spirits of Beasts – Only four forms can Kanthrop take, only one ties to their soul. Why these forms? What spirits guided them to be linked to the Kanthrops? Are there perhaps other beasts which are now still dormant?

The Endless Dream – Kanthanar dreamed a dream of hundreds, even thousands of yahren. Her death shattered the dream, but parts of it still remain in the Aether.

Silver and Steel – Along the line of existence, Kanthrops developed an aversion to man mad metals, for their unnatural creation. Silver they are not fond of in particular. What caused this almost allergic aversion? Was it part of their being all along or did something else happen that would trigger such a thing?

The Heart of Ursa – The gateway to the island has been there for countless generations before it was found by the Kanthrops. What purpose did it and the island serve before they made it their home? What other potential does it hold to those who know how to extract it?

The Mother Revealed – From history the Kanthrop were told to revere the “mother”. By which the kin meant their mother Kanthanar. Kanthrops now however worship the Earth Mother in true faith but under false motives. None of the Kanthrops know of this, but what if they found out?
[hr][/hr]
Last edited by Brytan on Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

PLOT: Kanthanar's Kin - The Blade of the Kin

Started on: Samheen 28th
PC's currently involved: Eidolon Myrlin

Plot summary:
The dream of Eidolon, the one to introduce him formaly to his Inner Animal was cut short by Dreamweaver intervention. The War of the One is waging and the ancient creatures fear what comes. They know battle will soon ensue and they also know that the Kanthrop will soon be tested beyond anything they have seen for countless yahren.

For this reason the kanthrop are shown the hiding place of an ancient weapon, forged long ago by an unknown smith and used as one of the blades to destroy the dragon Kanthanar. When the Kin raided the village the attackers of their mother stayed at they took this weapon and hid it in a sanctum deep beneath the island. For it had been drenched in the dragon's blood and was as such the closest link to the ancient creature, and now the only thing powerfull enough to keep the mystical isle afloat.

Yahren have passed and with building Aetherial tensions the power of the blade is waning, the isle as a result sinking to the ground, nearly breaking in half on impact the sanctum is revealed, hidden deep beneath the dark forest Gnilwoh and guarded by the nightmares of the ancient and long dead dragon. The blade must be sought out and a choice must be made. To destroy the blade and with it the demonic visage of dreams of the dragon, hoping to wield their destructive powers against the world now that they are no longer imprisoned within the sanctum, or restore the blade to it's former power and use it to combat the spirits, possibly sowing unfathomable damage across the isle.

Possible rewards:
For anyone who attends; insight into kanthrop heritage and history. Possibly a powerfull weapon but more likely the ability to save the kanthrop and their neighbours from certain destruction by the dragon's nightmares. A link to PI and the War, and possibly a means to settle the Aetherial imbalance by wielding the weapon with Kanthanar's blood (at a high price).
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]

Return to “Kanthrop Archive”