DREAM GUY: the Library[side thread challenge 1]

Moderator: Mods

DREAM GUY: the Library[side thread challenge 1]

Post by Guest »

Rows and rows of bookcases. Filled bookcases. Right up to the ceiling. As one entered one couldn't help but be overwhelmed. In a corner there was a leather armchair, a small closed cabinet and a hearth. The prefect place to crawl up with a book.

Two ladies found themselves in the library, only gradualy aware of each others existance. Time was only slowly progressing. They had not yet missed dinner, but who could tell when the moment had passed?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Last part main thread...

"Excuse me. Is it time yet? I've been here for a while and I watched people arrive but I'm afraid I have no idea what time it is..." Haylin spoke quietly, not wanting to startle Becca.
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

"Hm?"

Becca gave the other woman a startled look, dragging herself out of her little bookworm paradise. If she didn't win - and, considering she didn't give a damn about Reeves guy at all, it was quite likely - she would cheerfully go down on her knees and beg for a job in this library.

"Time? Oh, for the dinner!" The ginger haired girl brought a hand to her mouth and glanced at the window as though she could judge the time from that. "I have no idea. I was just..." She waved a hand at the bookcases and grinned. Her expression was something between wry and guilty. "I lost track of time myself."

Sighing regretfully, Becca looked the bookcase up and down. "I suppose we should probably go down, but..." She shuddered. "I'm trying to leave it till the last minute. Formal dinners..." The girl winced.
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Vesatra Ruis

Post by Vesatra Ruis »

Naddali entered the library and sighed contentedly as she took in the beautiful view. Rows upon rows of books were stacked neatly in place, each one distinctly different from the other in appearance and content. Until a few weeks ago, the young Adhiel had been a rather indifferent lover of books. Things changed and now she took the time to read much more often and in greater quantity than before. How was she to learn about the world if she didn’t actively look for the information? Quietly she walked down a row seemingly dedicated to Adhiel lore and culture. The leather of the tomes was smooth to the touch and gave off a bit of warmth probably from the hearth. Voices drifted her way and she soon became curious as to the owners of said voices.

After rounding a rather long bookcase, the auburn haired Adhiel came upon a couple of women in fine evening gowns. She took a moment to study them before making herself known. A small grimace crossed her face as she realized that one of the two was not Adhiel. The young mageling was not ignorant of the human tongue, but neither was she adept at it either. She spoke up hesitantly, hoping that the two ladies present would understand her. “I’m sorry if I’m interrupting you, but do you know where I can find any books concerning the theory of shielding and its application?”

Post by Guest »

Haylin smiled softly upon Becca's surprized reaction. She seemed nice enough. Not stuck up or arrogant. Traits Haylin expected to find with at least some of the women present tonight.

"Formal dinners...I wouldn't know, to be honest..." She shrugged. "I suppose all we can do is try to make the best out of this ridiculous situation." Her eyes wondered for a moment, glancing around the room. "I'm starting to get curious though, about what man would actually invite me here. He's either crazy...or maybe quite intriguing if he proves not to be completely out of his mind." Her eyes met Becca's and found their way to the ground next. She didn't know how the woman before her would react to such a statement.

And she would probably never find out, given that when she was about to speak up, and perhaps even apologize for her assumptions of the man, another voice interrupted their little conversation. A voice that held a very well know accent to it.

She turned to face Naddali, who seemed a little unnerved, and smiled politely. "Namaste..." she said quietly, trying to make her feel at ease. "I honestly wouldn't know. Perhaps miss...ah...Oh drat...I never even...this doesn't promise much good..." Haylin cursed her lack of manners in silence and lowered her eyes again, the tip of her nose and the tips of both ears turning slightly red. "Well met, both of you. My name is Haylin."

Post by Guest »

"Ah, miladies, I must beg pardon," a deep baritone voice said, hiding a light hint of amusement "I had not realized my hiding place was invaded by all these lovely flowers. What can I say? Thorox captured my mind too intensely with his dissertion on naval tactics."

It came from the small platform half way the books, only accessible by a small set of stairs. A man in a velvet dark blue doublet looked down upon them, quickly pocketing small reading glasses, while still holding his book with his other hand. The jacket of the doublet was open, revealing his white shirt with the top two buttons undone. His dark curly hair was bound in a ponytail low in his neck, but a few stubborn tendrils had already escaped. The man had a disheveled look about him.

Without much ado Guy (for who else could it be than the Lord of the Manor?) put aside the book he was holding and jumped over the railing of the platform, ignoring the stairs. He landed on his feet with a practised ease, giving the ladies a devilish grin, before performing a dashing bow, showing a magnificent leg as was the fashion in the Western Kingdom. "Count Guy de Reve, at your service miladies. Welcome at the Manor Chavignol." He took their hands one by one, pressing a warm kiss on them that lingered for a flicker after he let go again of their hand "Whom do I have the honor of adressing?"
Last edited by Guest on Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lallana

Post by Lallana »

“Lallana.”

A warming voice cooed through the halls, honey-glazed eyes peered towards the Count, her entrance flawless and well practiced. Her long brown hair had been tied back in a bun, the aroma as sweet-scented herbs kissed her vibrantly. The slim Adhiel had watched the Count and only arched her brow slightly in the shadows. When she entered the candlelight of the Count’s get-away, her face had a slight smile, her lips a natural ruby.

Lallana’s dress was a simple one, the silk kissing her curves and displaying her womanliness. Silver dazzled, as it was a straight design crafted from Audrey’s OtherWear. Lana’s bare shoulders were straps of silver cords, her arms naked as well as her collarbone, glinting off her muscles. She wasn’t built; she was toned and well proportioned. Her spine was well exposed to her lower lips, the front cut down to her upper stomach. The slits from the skirt portioned had been from the right side to the bottom of the high. A silver necklace glittered around her collarbone as well as a silver cord on her right arm.

Her heels clicked gently as she stood, her walk practiced and well mannered, her feet crossing over as her hips swayed and the dresses hems danced. She was a woman, gowned, but a woman.

“Daughter of the Longsfif’s and Maiden to the Judiae.”

Lana paused, her gaze meeting the rather tall and cocky Count. With a formal bow, Lana lifted the hems of her skirt, her defined calves showing as she leaned down and softly rose.

“You must be the infamous Count.”

Post by Guest »

Guy had been talking to Haylin, Naddali and Becca when a fourth woman entered the library. The ice blue eyes of the Count grew large as she approached and introduced herself and for a moment he had trouble looking away, entraced as he was with the picture she created. He carefully licked his lips as he took a deep breath.

Then with a muttered curse he grabbed for the nearest cloth, which sadly was a dark burgundy velvet curtain, tearing it down without further thought. "STAND STILL," he cautioned Lallana, and swiftly he grabbed for her neck before she could even do or say anything... and withdrew a writhing snake, before quickly covering her naked body with the curtain.

"There, there now," he shushed, patting on her shoulder as he took her into a protective embrace for a flicker which impressed across her full length how muscled his whole body was "It is over. I'm afraid you were under snake hypnotise and mistakingly came down without.. ah.. any underwear on. I'm sure though that these fine ladies will not mention it again. Now, if you go to the dressing room on the first floor you will find a nice selection of gowns, though some are of course already taken."

OOC: *coughs* you do not own silver jewelry or the dress. Unless things are a gift from the Count himself, you'll only own the things in your inventory, thank you :)

[hr][/hr]

When Lallana had left the room the Count once again turned to the ladies in the library, giving them a warm if somewhat mischevious smile "Now, after all that excitement, I still do not have your names, my lovely little library flowers. Shall you grace me with them before we go to dinning room to join all the other ladies?"
Last edited by Guest on Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Again someone interrupted the conversation. Haylin couldn't help but wonder if she'd ever get a chance to have a normal conversation that lasted for more that a burn without interruptions. She looked up to where the voice had came from just in time to see the count jump of his little platform. Was this actually him? Not how she had pictured him at all. She figured it had to be the casual look he had over him. 'Could have been worse I suppose...'

For the hand kiss the count had to have snatched Haylin's hand from her side because she simply stood there. She tried to adjust to the new situation, forced upon her by his sudden appearance. She had thought she would have had at least until dinner before having to cope with his presence. After all, she had called him distorted. She had implicated that he was out of his mind. Not a very good start, which, for some mysterious reason, made her reluctant to tell him her name. Since when did Haylin care what people thought of her? 'The idea of a possible real home has gotten to your head...That must be it. Period.'

Luckily, before she had a chance to not-so-impress the man with non-existing-manners an other woman announced herself. 'It has to be this place that makes any form of conversation impossible. It HAS to be...'

Haylin watched her move towards them and quickly raised a hand to her mouth as a small snicker managed to escape her lips when the woman executed her little formal bow. 'And _that's_ one of those women I expected to find here...' She glanced around to see if anyone had noticed her snicker, smiling innocently, though what followed forced her to stop herself from bursting into laughter. With a face void of any emotion whatsoever, and her nails biting painfully into the palms of her hands she watched the woman going from perfection personified to naked...in a curtain. She had to admit, coming here was quite entertaining. For now.

The woman left and even though Haylin had hoped on something resembling an example from the other women she figured she could just as well be herself. There was, after all, no use in pretending if the man would eventually find out she was someone completely different. She shrugged and straightened up, clasping her hands behind her back. "The name's Haylin." She simply stated, her voice calm, polite even, yet as emerald green met ice blue there was something resembling stubbornness in her eyes. Was she defending herself on some level? Or was she simply trying to prove that she wasn't desperate and that she definitely wasn't going to drool all over him like she expected form some of the other contestants?
Lallana

Post by Lallana »

OOC: Check the inventory again I corrected that. :D

IC:

Lallana arched her brow protectively. She had been enchanted? Her lips pursed together, anger flushed her cheeks, as her honey eyes remained calm. However, her ears turned a slight red color. ‘Then let me be snaked. I’m not afraid of them as long as I keep my wits about myself.’ Lana lightly held the garmet that had engulfed her petite frame. She had been fine the way she was, now she had been standing in front of a Count and women, naked? Lallana gave a small smile.

‘I will play this game with dignity.’ Lallana turned from the Count, her cheeks turned to her normal color as her ears had done the same. Her figure slowly moved out and away from the library, her eyes wondering the amazing architecture of the enchanted palace. Her jaw was still shut as her gaze finally stopped at one specific place, her eyes locked and her determination steady.

Eventually, Lallana found the room; her eyes steady as she watched the wardrobe full of gowns. She would find one that resembled her.

OOC2: Okay, so what dresses do you have laid out for me? ;)

Post by Guest »

OOC: You can make up your dress now, within reason. I am sure something silken and red is still there on the rack as long as you are not number 21 or 22 to come pick up a dress (which you are not, I counted). While you adjusted your inventory, we shall let the hilarious post ride ;) Let's keep the rest of the OOC in the thread created for that.

IC: "Hello Haylin," Guy murmurred, "Hiding in the library just like me, mm? Do not worry, there will be plenty of time to read in days to come." He offered her his arm "Come, shall we go to the dinning room?"

He offered his other arm to Naddeli and Becca, waiting at their introduction, "With all the commotion I am sure the rest of the guests wonder what we are up to."
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

Becca grinned. "Ridiculous is exactly the word for this. I've been calling it insane, but that's more due to himself that sent the invitation than anything else." She shrugged and leaned against the bookcase, folding her arms and tapping her book against her hip. "I think he's just mad. Have you seen the mob upstairs?"

She turned her head to look as a man's voice interrupted them. "Well speak of the devil," she murmured. "I didn't think he'd be hiding in here." That he had a library this good was a mark in his favour; that he appeared to enjoy it was another.

When he took her hand for the kiss, Becca raised an eyebrow and nearly demanded to know what he thought he was doing. She managed to hold her tongue though. 'All right. He's a larger than life cliché. A handsome, insane, larger than life cliché. And I'm not giggling my head off because it'll give him the wrong idea.' All the same, she couldn't keep the wry grin off her face.

Well, she couldn't until she saw the woman who came in afterwards.

"My gods," was all she could think to say, tilting her head so her hair fell over her face to cover her face. She glanced at Haylin, met the woman's eyes and nearly exploded into outright laughter at her angelic expression. She put her hands over her mouth and leaned back against the bookcase, trying to smother her snickering. The illusionist had almost managed to get control of herself when the Count whipped out the snake. The thing was, she saw him flick it away from the woman, and didn't see where he flicked it to.

"Anyone know where that went?" Becca asked. "Or at least what sort it was?" Now she thought about it, that was probably the first living snake she'd ever seen, or at least the first living snake that didn't have all it's bones showing, and she was quite curious about it. Listening to Reeves talk with half an ear, Becca waved a hand dismissively. "I've been trying to forget it already, milord, don't you worry."

When the naked woman left, Becca shrugged and curtseyed. "I'm Becca Acerbi. Um..." She glanced back at the shelves with a certain amount of guilty longing, clasping her hands over the book she was still holding. "Time to face the harpies, I suppose," the girl whispered under her breath. Turning to look at Haylin and the Count, she raised her eyebrows. "I don't think they'd notice us. There was a very well-disguised riot in progress when I came down here."
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Vesatra Ruis

Post by Vesatra Ruis »

She smiled warmly to Haylin, more than a little bit relieved that at least one person around this place knew her language. “Namaste, Achroiliel.” She curtseyed to both of the ladies present, and was about to introduce herself when the Count made his appearance. His voice was pleasing to the ear, and he was handsome even though he looked a bit disheveled. The young Adhiel clamped down on the surprise she felt as the Count kissed her hand. Sapphire eyes studied him for a flicker before looking away to see Lallana enter the room. A slender eyebrow arched upward as she looked at Lallana, who was obviously ignorant of her… situation. Quietly she turned around, completely missing the whole charade with the snake. If I was in her shoes, I would not want people gawking at me. Why should I treat her any differently than I would want to be treated? When the noise had calmed down, she turned back to the others and smiled kindly. “My name is Naddali Ruis. It is a pleasure to meet all of you.” With a small curtsey, she waited as Becca introduced herself.

The young mageling smiled as she listened to Becca talk about the other contestants. I like her. Sarcastic, energetic, and witty. She wondered for a moment, what the other ladies were like. A flicker passed and she looked outside to see the light dimming somewhat. It was probably time for them to go if they didn’t want to be late. A sigh escaped her as she pushed a stubborn lock of auburn hair behind her ear. Slipping her right arm around the Count’s free one, the young Adhiel extended her left arm to Becca in invitation to join them.

Post by Guest »

"Now then," Guy said with a wolvish grin 'Lets go meet the other ladies. There is strength in numbers, is there not?" and with all those pretty girls on his arm the Count walked out of the library, through the hallway where at the end the diningroom apparead. In the distance they could already hear all the other girls talk.

OOC: exit to diningroom ;)

Return to “Erulzat Archives”