DREAM GUY: dinner room (challenge 1)

Moderator: Mods

Jolanda

DREAM GUY: dinner room (challenge 1)

Post by Jolanda »

Jolanda saw another girl (Brionna) making her way down the corridor towards the dining room in a gown of dark green velvet, a colour that went beautifully with her copper toned hair. Ooh she must be one of the competitors, should I speak to her, or is she a hoity toity snob?

“Hello,” she ventured, “You must be… here for the same reason as I?” she blinked the lady into focus. She was so very pretty, unconsciously Jolanda's hand ran down the front of her own dress, as she wished she’d chosen something in velvet too.

“My name is Jolanda… it’s rather an adventure isn’t it. All the way here I wondered what it would be like, and… well I feel rather more nervous than I thought! But really, the Count must be more nervous than us. I should think he will need a good stiff drink before he can come to dinner… really, I think I could use a drink myself!” her eyes glittered.

“Shall we go together?” she linked her arm through the other girls arm before she even had the chance to reply. “Now let’s compare notes… you have surely guessed a great number of things about the mysterious Count, just as I. I think for one thing he mush have quite a sense of humor, would you agree?”
Last edited by Jolanda on Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brionna Galenn

Post by Brionna Galenn »

Hearing the voice from behind her, Brionna turned and gave the woman in the rust-coloured dress a cheerful smile. From her words, she was far less conceited than the one she had met in the dressing room, so perhaps she would make a good companion?

With a chuckle, Brionna replied, "If by 'reason' you mean whether to see if the good Count is really the catch he would have us believe, then yes." She shook her head. "It's such a strange arrangement."

The woman chattered quite quickly, and had swept her away down the hallway before she had a chance to form any more of a reply than that. Once they were walking, however, Jolanda asked her a question and gave her the chance to respond. She did this with a delighted laugh. "A sense of humour, indeed! I'm not entirely certain about his other senses, however. At the least, I'm willing to bet that he's grown up without much exposure to young women. That's the only reason I can think of for coming up with such an idea to choose a bride." She gave her new friend a conspiratorial grin as she added, "I remember how ugly it got when two of my friends back home had their eye on the same man. I dread to think what it will be like with a dozen or more women all vying for his attention!"

She shrugged, then realised that the introduction had passed her by. Correcting her lapse, she said, "Oh, and before I forget, I'm Brionna. It's nice to meet you Jolanda. It's even nicer to find that not everyone here has their head firmly up their rear." She giggled, remembering the woman she had met earlier.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

“Yes, yes that must be true,” Jolanda agreed, “As nicely as it was written, the premise was… well… don’t all women want to be the ones to do the choosing? Men only think that they have a say in it. I would guess that here, he would only attract ladies who are either more daring than most, or thicker.” She winked then, “We of course fall into the former category!”

“Do you think it might all end in tears then?” she asked, “But how much of it would be the winning that is important, and how much of it is the prize…” as she said to she ran a fingertip along the wall, as though testing if it really was real. “I do not know if I want to be chosen, but I don’t want to be not chosen.” She wrinkled her nose imagining she made little sense.

Then when the woman in green remembered to introduce herself, “Oh a pleasure indeed,” she smile, then blinked. “You have already met some of the others? Oh but do tell! Snobs were they... but it might have all been an act, I mean, I’m not really a Lady – likely none of the girls here are.“ Why did the count invite so many females of humble origins to his home way out in the country? Jolanda paused to think, it suddenly troubling her, expecially because she hadn't considered he might be anything but mad previously...

“Yes, so quite likely they are just comon tarts hamming it up…"
Brionna Galenn

Post by Brionna Galenn »

Brionna laughed in appreciation of Jolanda's description of the ladies that would accept the invitation. "Definitely the former," she agreed. "And even then, I confess to being a little surprised to find myself here. It's not something I'd normally have even considered doing, but when I read the invitation it occurred to me that it might be worth trying out. If nothing else, it should prove an entertaining visit."

She nodded sagely as her companion wrinkled her nose. "I think I know what you mean. To be completely passed over would be embarrassing, to say the least. Yet I don't know enough about the Count to know if being chosen would be such a grand thing. Sure he's rich, and inventive, and thoughtful..." One hand rose absently to touch the rose twined in her hair. "There has to be more to a man than that though, doesn't there?"

As Jolanda urged her to speak of her earlier meeting, she chuckled. "Common or noble, I'm not sure," she confided. "She certainly thought well of herself, though." Her voice took on a new tone, much haughtier and slightly 'plum-in-the-mouth' as she said, "'I only wear dresses made by Audrey. I'd rather be naked than wear these frocks!' Which would, at least, give us all a good laugh." This last was added in her normal voice.

"Since you mention it, by the way, I'm not noble born either. Merchant stock from Kings Court, so I've dealt with a lot of nobles. That's about as far as it goes, though. Makes you wonder how he chose who to send invitations to, really." She frowned a little as she considered this, then the frown deepend as she looked around them and added, "This house is simply enormous! I hadn't realised the dining room would take so long to get to... I pity anyone who arrives closer to dinnertime."
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

“Oh me either.” Jolanda agreed. It seemed neither girl wanted the other to think this sort of thing was considered normal at all, there was a certain connotation with accepting such an invitation that Jolanda found a little embarrassing.

Her eyes drifted to notice the rose Brionna had put in her hair, another twinge of envy touched Jolanda. Ooh, now why didn’t I think of that! Her own rose was still untouched upon her pillow. “Yes… What sort of man would your ideal be?” Jolanda asked while on the topic. It wasn't a subject she usualy thought upon, men were disappointing in her opinion, it was best not to want anything much from them.

She laughed as Brionna affected a lofty accent in repeating what the woman had said. “I dare say that is just the sort of idea that the Count day dreams about! She sounds like she would make a better mistress than wife though, perhaps the count shall audition her for that other role.” Jolanda smirked, she already disliked this other woman – and was blithely unaware of how easily she adopted her new friends opinion.

Jolanda also puzzled, it was a very unusual thing to have been invited. “Yes, it’s very large, whole legions could be housed here without our knowing it…” she spoke distractedly.

“Oh but do you think this might be it?” it was a door, and possibly the one they were supposed to go through, “But don't ladies have other people open doors for them?" Jolanda looked back down the hall, wondering if they had walked right past the correct door, "Yet nobody is looking, so, we shall make do for ourselves no?" she grinned as she reached to turn the handle.
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

Over hearing the conversation of several of the women, (Brionna and Jolanda) Delanedra took a few steps closer. "The Count certainly is nice to arrange for all of us to stay here, but does why did he invite those who in normally would have no chance at him?" she questions no one inparticular, but leaves it open for anyone to answer. She adjusts her 'crown of flowers' running a slender fingers over the rose-center peice. Placing the crown on her head she looked at the other women. "I'm Delanedra." she said pleasantly.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

There in the corridor outside the dining room, Jolanda rose her eyebrow as she heard another feminine voice, having not heard the approach of the other ladies – pursing her lips she turned to see a woman dressed in bridal white, a lady who immediately posed a question as she fussed with a floral fixture in her hair. Hmm… her eyes slipped back to Brionna, wondering if she was thinking the same thing as herself.

“The reason is…” Jolanda was not short of theories, and was about to venture one when two other ladies appeared in the corridor, though not yet ready to enter the dining room. Yet they promptly carried out a discussion on their own and departed – leaving Jolanda to give an amused chuckle as Tinally and Becca departed.

To the two girls remaining with her she commented, “It seems that some of the girls invited are fits of nerves, why else would they rush away no sooner than they have joined us?”

Then back to Delanedra she turned, “Yes, the reason is that the Count has such a positive opinion of himself, he wishes for girls around him who will idolize him as the man of their dreams… we all have met noble born ladies no? Now those are ladies far more difficult to impress. Why, I suspect we are here because he believes we are ‘easy meat’!” she lectured the bridal girl and wondered if she was bursting her bubble.

“But it’s lovely to meet you Dalanedra, I am Jolanda, and my friend is Brionna.” Her eyes held Brionna’s a moment, hoping that she would not betray they had only just met. It wouldn’t hurt for the other ladies to think they were long time friends, wouldn’t that make them seem a stronger force? Wouldn’t that make the other girls feel more alone?
Brionna Galenn

Post by Brionna Galenn »

Brionna barely kept from jumping at the sound of a voice behind them - the huge house was so quiet it had begun to feel as if they might be the only two people in it. Shouldn't there be servants and things? she wondered. Where is everybody?

The woman approaching them was dressed in white, and wore a wreath of flowers in her hair. Did anyone tell her the wedding wasn't happening yet? she thought, and supressed the urge to giggle. The thought was interrupted as a pair of women drifted into, and then out of, the corridor where they stood. She chuckled in response to Jolanda's comment and nodded. "True. It seems that more and more... guests... are arriving, though."

Listening to her friend's explanation for the Count's decision, she found herself nodding again. "Yes..." she mused aloud. "I think you may have something there. Most noble ladies would have far different expectations of how a man would go about wooing them, I expect, but he'd be expecting the likes of us to be overwhelmed by the elegance and the deferential treatment." She thougth about how pleasing she had found the sight of the grounds, her bedroom, and the dress she now wore. With a rueful sigh, she added, "And it's working, damnit!"

She extended her hand at the introduction, pleased at the way Jolanda had named her 'friend'. "I'm pleased to meet you as well, Delanedra," she said. "But now, I think the three of us should make our entrance and present ourselves to our gracious host." With a mischievous grin, she grasped hold of the doorknob and pushed it open. Taking a deep breath, she shot an encouraging look at her companions and entered the room.

Time to meet the Count de Reve.
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

Delanedra attempted to not laugh. "Idolize?" she rolled her eyes. "I may admire him, I may think him.... intruiging but I don't think I will idolize him." she states firmly as she adjusts the crown of flowers again. "Too many times I've seen too many young women taken in by men who are too rich. I want a man who's going to see me... for who I am." she smiles.

"Easy meat, I'll make sure he knows that just because we're not born with our entire lives drawn out for us, that it means we'll be impressed with a man who gives us things. Though I admit the rose was a nice touch." she removes her crown of flowers and looks over her dress, smoothing out any rinkled patches. "You don't think is makes me look- childish do you? Ummm do you think he's all human?" Del's hand flew to her mouth to cover it... "Well, I meant, do you think he's human or Ahdiel, or perhaps a mixture?" she smilse at the other ladies weakly.

I've done it now, I've gone and opened my mouth and said something silly. The young Achdiel woman quietly looks both ashamed and embarassed, as she looks between the two other women.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Jolanda gave a half smile of admission to Brionna, this mystery man certainly had them all captivated, from a mere few words.

"Oh no, not at all..." Jolanda kept her true opinion to herself as she pacified Delanedra. She glanced at both girls, wondering how honest any of them were being - weren't they all there because they secretly hoped that Lord de Reve might be as wonderful as she imagined? Wasn't their cynicism only to conceal their romantic notions? She lifted her chin in further denial of such nonsense, and entered the dinning room after Brionna.

"All human?" she couldn't help but grin as Dalanedra's hand flew to cover her mouth - the innocent enough question becoming risqué from her action, "I'm sure he's quite fit." her brow arched in amusement that the girl openly speculated on his genetic potential, "to produce an heir." these last words she whispered.

And so here they were in the dining room, she looked around to discover they were the first girls to arrive. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? But at least he could not think us tardy, if anything he'd think we were eager - oh dear that shall make his ego swell even further! From what Jolanda could guess, it was already of monumental size.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Oh, Fauna was peeved all right.

"This is an insult!" Her imperious voice carried around the room. "This is an insult to all of us woman!"

She was now in the dining room, still wearing the dress she had been wearing when she had entered the Manor. She wasn't able to pick the dress for herself and wasn't even able to take her luxurious bubble bath. But oh, she was a woman with a mission now and if someone should not take her seriously, there would be chaos indeed, chaos that could shame the very chaos of what happened with the Last Great War! There will be blood involved and murder, if this was not taken care of.

"I shall need your help, ladies!" Fauna appealed to the ladies in the room, looking for Brionna with her own furious, blue eyes. "We should be united to overthrow this great insult that has been slapped into our face."

"This little woman-child has no dress to fit her!" The young, dark, sorceress intoned as if the very world was about to end. "This..." She paused, as she heaved her well proportioned bosom. "This gracious Count, cannot even provide a dress... An approrpiate dress for her size! This is an outrage! An outrage and an insult to us all womanhood."

"What if you were her!" She continued, her eyes smoldering with indignat, outrageous anger. "Will you just succumb to this barbaric, male-chauvinistic manner. We are of womanhood and I say we have the right to look good and appear good for our benefit and not for their own foolish whims. You see, I know well his plan, this knave Count..." She spat out his title with full venom.

"He provided dresses and gowns for most of us, but those of no... no... chance to win, like this little girl..." She pointed at Faliña, "he did not provide so that he can ignore them and outcast them. I will not be a part of this primeival, barbaric, manly ways. I say, we provide a dress for this poor girl from out of our own ingenious and feminine mind. We are of womanhood and we are mighteir and more powerfull than man."

"Who is with me?!" She appealed to the women around the room, her blue eyes imploring and begging, if no-one responded, she will have to make-over Faliña alone by herself. And woe to the Count if her demands would not be treated.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake

Post by Guest »

With a discreet cough Ainsworth once again called attention to himself, waiting till the ladies were quit finished with their debate. He gave them a polite smile "Is there anything I could assist with miladies? Perhaps I can serve you an apperative as we wait for the other guests? The Count will be with us momentarily."

He opened a room that proved to be a parlor of some kind, a warm hearth welcoming them, with several arm chairs and two gigantic sitees that looked lush and welcoming, covered with a burgundy velvet that matched the curtains. The whole atmosphere was masculine with deep brown wood, and the smell of a cigar in the air.

Ainsworth, the trusted manservant that had by now become familiar to them, walked over to the cabinet and retrieved a couple of glasses and several crystal containers that shone prettily with a variety of content, darkred port, the golden look of cognac and warm brown promise of rum. The latter was obviously a favorite of the count for the container was only half full.

"Did you know," the manservant said conversationally "That on this very important eveningtide the count will already make his first selection? He will give a precious gift to no more than half the contestants.

OOC: kindly let Falina post for herself and do not assume her actions, thank you :)
Please note that in addition to polls we will use our own descretion to determine who shall be among the 11 lucky winners. People who have not posted in the first challenge before the 15th of february will be disqualified.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kithara

Post by Kithara »

Kithara descended the stairs quickly, trying to keep up with the rampaging blonde. She smiled as she heard her rant on about the injustice of the clothes that Count had provided for them.

'I wonder were that women gets all of her energy from,' she thought. It was a moment before she realized that she'd lost her and in doing so had lost her only guide (albeit an unwilling and unknowing guide) and way to the dining room. She need not have worried for in a moment she heard her voice rising over any other sound that may have made its way into the hall.

Still smiling, she followed the voice and, finding its source, entered the dining room.

"What if you were her!" She was saying, "Will you just succumb to this barbaric, male-chauvinistic manner. We are of womanhood and I say we have the right to look good and appear good for our benefit and not for their own foolish whims. You see, I know well his plan, this knave Count..."

Kithara had to cover her mouth with her hand to hide her smile. She, after all, didn't want to seem rude.

Smile still in place, she made her way around the 'self-righteous' woman and to a cluster of three others who were also watching her tirade.

"Likes to put on quite a show, doesn't she? I must say, I've only been here for a little over an hour and the evening is already proving to be most amusing." She gave the three woman a warm smile, "I'm Kithara."

Once the four had been settled in the parlor, she leaned in to them, a conspiratory smile on her lips. She made sure that she was still in hearing distance of the blonde woman.

"I have it on very good authority that His Grace," She lowered her voice for dramatic effect, but made sure that the blonde would still be able to hear, "has yet to develop a taste for blondes."

She took a sip of the port she'd aqcuired from Ainsworth, struggling to keep a grin from her lips.

She wondered how the blonde would react; if the display she had put on in the dining room was anything to go by, she may very well confront the Count with the very same attitude. Carefully, she watched her from the corner of her eyes.

Post by Guest »

A dainty flower she was not. It was amusing to Neit that she was put in a room labeled with the name of a flower. She had managed to find a scarlet dress that perfectly coordinated with her black hair and blue eyes. Unfortunately, it was now obvious to everybody present that the dress was NOT tailored for somebody of her size.

Her steps were heard long before she entered the room, and upon her entrance, the sight was a combination of amusing and terrifying at the same time.

Her dress looked as if it would split at any moment, and the bottom of the dress was barely covering her knees. It was a beautiful gown, however, it was obviously made for a woman probably half of Neit's size. The amusing part was that her facial features were quite striking and her breasts was causing the upper seams of the garmet quite a bit of distress.

As the others in the room looked at her, Neit gave them a look that could kill. It was as if she was acknowledging the dress did not fit, and if anybody made fun of her, she'd punch them through the wall.

It was a competition after all. She only had to be nice to the Count. The other women...well, Neit couldn't wait for the contest to begin...hoping there would be a contest of wrestling, pulling carts, picking apples off tall trees, or something along those lines.

She looked for the sturdiest seat in the room and took her place at the table. With great care, she sat down...half expecting the cursed thing to break beneath her.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

A pair of eyes focused on the manservant. "A gift?" she whispers, both a bit nervous and excited at this bit of new. Delanedra's eyes wander around the room, nothing special- just glancing and taking into to view the competition.

Though she quietly reflected on the outburst of one woman with humur, the woman had been so irate-as if the Count's kidness had been all a ploy- she nodded to Kithara, "I'm Delanedra," she said politely. "That woman," so motioned to the one who was self-righteous that she'd launched into a tirade. "She was quite, upset wasn't she? Do you know what she was upset about, I'm afraid I did my best to... pretend she wasn't there." she tells those nearby confidentially.

She extended her hand and took a cup of port from the manservant who was serving it. She ran her finger around the rim of the glass listening to the musical high-pitched sound it made, a smile on her face as she did so.
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

Gaelena had taken her time, applying a healer's calm hand to the application of her makeup. The line of kohl around her eyes made them appear larger, deeper in color. The rouge was just enough to enhance the cheekbones. The scent of lavender teased from her pulsepoints. The unruly red hair was somewhat tamed into a tumble if fiery curls about her shoulders. The dress accented her lush figure, usually hidden under an herbalist's smock.

Moving into the room, she could feel the tension in the air, but had no idea of the cause, besides the surface idea of competing for a husband. She accepted one of the glasses of rum, though not because of a preference for it. No, she took it because she liked the color, warm and welcoming. And it gave her something to do with her hands, which wanted to flit about her person, checking for imperfections.

She moved towards the grouping including Brionna, Delanedra, Jolanda and Kithara but waited to see if they would welcome her presence, not being one to impose her presence on anyone. [/b]
[i]Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.[/i]
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Kithara

Post by Kithara »

Kithara tucked a strand of brown hair behind her ear, smiling kindly at the achadhiel who had introduced herself as Delandra. Her lips parted into a smile as she continued to talk.

"Oh, she was just going on about how the clothes the Count had prepared for us didn't suit her standards. She found it 'unjust'. Quite dramatic, but hardly anything to worry about." She told her.

Her eyebrow lifted as she noted the slight vibration of the floor. Green eyes widened as she took note of the large woman that walked through the doorway and swept them all with a look that wished them the worst and then some.

"Some one doesn't want to make any friends," She said, taking another sip of her port, watching the woman sit down on a chair. She was strikingly beautiful, Kithara noted, though the dress she wore tended to draw attention away from that.

'Or rather lack there of,' She thought, her eyes sparkling. The dress would have gone wonderfully with the large woman...if it had been made for a woman of her size. The way it fit her now could be considered indecent with the way it strained at the seems around her waist and chest and the way it stopped just short of her knees.

'I wonder if the Count ever considered that the invitations that he sent out would go out to those who were not fully human," She thought. The blonde woman's outburst about the halfling and the way the dress fit on the large woman were clear indications that he either had not or that he had a very strange sense of humor.

'If this is his idea of funny, I hope he's prepared to suffer. Most women do not like being made fun of.'

Flaming red hair caught her eye. The woman hovered hesitantly at the edge of the circle of women.

"Hello there," She greeted her kindly, flashing her a welcoming smile. "And who might you be?"
Reise Silverskye
Adventurer

Post by Reise Silverskye »

Even as Reise was coming down the stairs toward where she guessed they were supposed to gather for the upcoming dinner, she could hear the last bit of Fauna's outburst. There was no mistaking the air of self-supposed superiority in her tone, but it wasn't anything new to Reise. Having grown up in Roque D'Ancourt, a place full of rich, self-important families, people throwing tantrums over some percieve slight was not uncommon. And of course, she herself was quite confident of her own superiority over the other contestants, but there was a difference: she wasn't about to reveal that to the others by losing her temper. Oh no, she would actually show them... when the time was right. Until then, she would remain calm and composed, as a lady should, and deal with any problems that arose in her own quiet way.

She finally found her way into the room where many of the other women seemed to be gathered, and she paused for a moment, studying them discreetly as she pretended to take in the details of the room in which they were standing. The room wasn't what was important. The interesting thing was her fellow contestants. She could learn a lot just by observing their appearance. Who was confident, who was not. Who was used to a setting such as this, and who was used to simpler surroundings. Who had the slightest idea of why they were here, and who thought it was all about just them.

As she moved silently into the room, not bothering to announce her presence in any other way, she noticed that drinks were being served. She wasn't fond of strong drink herself, except perhaps for the occassional whiskey when she was in a rather vile mood, but she knew it would look odd if she went around with nothing. Let the others think she was drinking and perhaps losing a bit of her wits. If it made them more comfortable, perhaps it would lead them to making more mistakes. If she was offered a drink, she would chose the port. She fancied its color: dark red. Like blood.

Her supple lips curved upward in a small, knowing smile. If things kept going as they were already, there would probably be a bit of blood spilled here before everything was over. After all, what else could one expect when a group of "ladies" were brought together to compete over something?
"Oh look... my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me." [i]National Treasure: The Book of Secrets[/i]
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

"Why thank you Ainsworth." Jolanda smiled, moving forward into the salon and wrinkling her nose with the stale scent of cigars in the air. So this must be one of his haunting grounds, in a castle this big she figured most of the rooms were never used.

She accepted a glass of port, and was about to take a seat upon a long divan when a woman larger than life announced a tragedy for all to hear. Oh this is interesting?! Moving across to Fauna (unaware that it was the very same lady he'd taken a theoretical dislike to via Brionna's opinion), she consoled, "My my... quite an injustice no? How dreadfully kind of you to care." why does she give a whit to this little ladies dress? "Why, I should think your kindness is best personally expressed to the count, rather than dilute such a magnanimous heart amongst so many - he no doubt will be quite penitent."

In truth Jolanda thought he'd take an instant dislike to this rabble rouser, sh tried to contain the smirk from her lips. "Now now, don't thank me now... you shall have plenty of time to do so later."

"But please, come join us..." she invited Fauna to enter the room proper, and take advantage of the offered drinks. "Ladies all! Ought we all introduce outselves, for surely we shall become the best of friends!" ha! as if! "My name is Jolanda... and... I am a romanc-aholic!" she laughed, then looking about the growing gathering for others to introduce themselves too.
Last edited by Jolanda on Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faliña

Post by Faliña »

The almost blonde halfling, mainly for lack of anything better to do, allowed the ranting lady Fauna to lead her out of the room and down the hall. She'd missed most of the words the lady had said, something about an insult and womanhood, and Faliña was pretty sure she'd been called a child at least once or twice, but wasn't positive and was unwilling to get on this lady's wrong side, especially if it was over something as silly as her inability to decipher her accent. She was quite unsure exactly what was going on, but hopefully it would result in her getting a dress that fit. She looked to each of the other ladies in the room, trying her best not to look as lost as she felt at the moment. They were speaking very quickly, and she was having trouble understanding their words.

Since, of course, the moment simply had to become more awkward, Faliña suddenly realized that the churning in her stomach was not from nervces, excitement, or from having to nearly sprint to keep up with Fauna it was yet another thing besides her size and her language that seperated Faliña from the other competitors. She was positively famished, as it had been nearly a tide since her most recent meal. Time flies when you're anxious. And it crawls when you're hungry. With this in mind, the halfling was quite convinced that the next few marks would feel like a very, very long time. "My name's Faliña." she murmured, with the best accent she could possibly muster.
Last edited by Faliña on Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Without even twitching an eyebrow Ainsworth offered the half giantess a stiff drink, and then continued to pour something for Falina unasked. She looked like she could use a drink as well. Then he used a silver bell, and within burns a mousy little housemaid in the female version of the house livery arrived "Theresa," Ainsworth spoke in soft tones that were ever so discreet "will you fetch the seamstress. We apparantly are in need of one or two adaptations. When you've done that you can inform his lordships his guests are in the parlor awaiting dinner."

Post by Guest »

Saraby walked into the dining room to the sounds of an enraged and ranting woman. Her eyes widened--she'd never been a fan of shrews--and cast about for an intelligent looking individual to greet. She saw two women sitting on a divan. One was the Shrew, but the other seemed decent enough, and so with her long crimson skirts flowing around her, she walked across the parlor to greet her and the halfling lady with her. "Good evening, ladies," she said warmly. "I am Saraby Abbasaid of Amun Rah." She paused, and a wicked smile played about her lips. "Who else is puzzled as to the flower of their room? I for one am in the geranium room, of all things." She looked down to where the young halfling stood, looking as miserable as she could possibly be. "Mistress, I am pleased to meet you," she said. "I have not met a halfling before. I would be honored to learn from you about your culture." Saraby was a curious individual, not an arrogant one. She was well-born but had learned early on that weapons were the great equalizer: on the battle field, all were the same. Any class prejudices she might have had had died out long ago. Now she realized that would be a curse and blessing both in this strange situation. The wheels of high society ran on birth and bloodlines--or at least the arrogance they provided. This would truly be a test.
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

At the kind smile and words of [bKithara[/b], Gaelena turned up her own smile a bit. "I am Gaelena Denaro. A pleasure," she said as she moved closer. "Quite an interesting mix of ladies here," she continued as her eyes moved over the crowd.
[i]Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.[/i]
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Brionna Galenn

Post by Brionna Galenn »

Brionna had to laugh at Jolanda's saucy response to the question of whether the man was human or not. Still, it was a thought that hadn't occurred to her: that as the wife of a nobel one of her main duties would be to produce a noble heir. She wasn't sure if she was keen on that idea or not. Grinning at Delanedra, she added, "And I don't think it looks childish at all. Honestly." Personally she thought it looked as though the woman was ready to drag him to a ceremony right away, but she decided that it probably wasn't a good idea to say so.

The room became slightly less comfortable as the blonde she had met earlier swept into the room, dragging a child by the hand. No, not a child, she realised. A halfling! She had seen a few of that diminutive race in Roque, but hadn't had a lot to do with them first-hand. Still, she felt for the tiny woman, being carted around by the arrogant young woman. She did, however, feel a small amount of satisfaction to see her still wearing the dress she had arrived in. Nothing to meet your exacting standards? she thought gleefully.

Listening to the woman's words, she shook her head in wonder. On the one hand, it was to her credit that she had taken the plight of the halfling so personally. On the other hand... No chance to win? How in the Nether would she know that? The Count might like halflings!

She was saved from having to answer by the arrival of the manservant, who usered them into a parlour and offered them drinks. Eyes sparkling with interest, she accepted a small glass of rum and looked around the parlour with interest. It was a room almost devoid of feminine touches, as far as she could tell. Maybe this is why he needs a wife? she mused. Still, it was a comfortable room to pass the time in until the Count decided to show himself. So much for awaiting us in the dining room!

She caught the eye of another woman who had entered with the blonde, and gave her a smile. The expression she wore suggested that she also found the self-righteous outburst amusing, an impression that was borne out by her greeting. With a throaty chuckle, she nodded and replied, "I'm Brionna. And you're right, this is better than a play!" At Kithara's none-to-quiet comment about the Count's taste in women, she hid a laugh behind her glass. If only the other woman wasn't so caught up in her own anger, it would probably have an even better effect.

Her eyes widened as the next guest entered the parlour. The half-giantess was a stunning specimen of womanhood, but... there was so much woman there! There was certainly more woman than the dress could comfortably hold, and she felt a moment's sympathy for her. Then again, the expression on her face wasn't one that invited either sympathies or friendly overtures, so she stayed where she was for now. At least the company seemed reasonably convival at the moment.

Another redhead made her way over to them, and she smiled in greeting. She didn't get a chance to offer an introduction, however, as Jolanda had invited the haughty blonde to join them. She almost gagged at the 'we shall become the best of friends' part, reasoning that she'd have to loose her wits before she would become best friends with someone so full of themselves, but she couldn't help laughing at her friends labelling of herself as a 'romanc-aholic'. That probably applies to all of us, I suppose... except maybe the giantess. But why would you be here if you didn't have a bit of romance in your soul?

With a smile that for once didn't quite reach her eyes, Brionna turned to Fauna and said, "Yes, I'm afraid we didn't have time for introductions before. I'm Brionna." Glancing down, she noticed that the halfling had also joined them. The confusion on the small woman's face and the thickness of her accent was a familiar sight. It was one you often saw when you worked in a well-to-do shop, since it would often be recommended to people visiting the city. Not all of them spoke the human tongue well (or even at all).

With a much warmer smile, she replied, "It's a pleasure to meet you Falina." She knew she hadn't pronounced the woman's name quite right, but it was the best she could manage. "I'm Brionna."

OOC: Wow! Go away for a couple of days, and look how it all gets so busy in here! ;)
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Fauna was happy that Faliña's dress was to be taken care of. She gave the manservant a happy smile when she heard that he was calling for a seamstress to take care of the halfling's dress.

She walked to the room that the manservant opened and took the drink that was offered and drank it. She also gave the other women her smile of happiness that everything was allright now.

Fauna realized that she was not prepared as well. She placed the cup she was drinking back to the table and stood up.

"I am happy that everything is alright now, man-servant." She said to the man. "I now need to prepare myself for this dinner." The woman said. "But I shall be back as soon as possible to continue with this talking that we are doing. Please excuse me."

She gave the small halfling another smile and Brionna a smile as well and then turned and walked out of the room to go to her own special room. But she stopped at the dressing room and took a gown that she had picked earlier and if it was not there anymore, she will then proceed back to her room and take a bath. She will scrub her back and her hair and prepare herself for the dinner.

If there was no other dress available. Fauna will then use the blue gown that she had used at the Ceasar's ball and then, fully prepared she will walk out of her room and walk towards the Dinner Room. It will take her half a mark to prepare.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake

Return to “Erulzat Archives”