Wolf's bane ~ Samheen 26th

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

OOC: Cyfrin, I am sorry to hear of your loss. You have many friends here if you need anything.

IC:

Draydis was visibly comforted by Galliban's indication that she would be careful. The adhiel did not know why, but he was attracted to his paladin friend. Perhaps it was that they shared a similar devotion to their respective faiths.

"M'lday," he called after Galliban. "Wake me and I will relieve you after your watch."

Though the temptation to fall asleep where he sat was great, Draydis knew that he needed to protect himself even in slumber. He did his best to gather up some more fresh leaves and pressed them into his skin, clothing, and armor as he had done earlier. Staying within the camp area, the guardsman then tried to find a depression that he could lay within while covering himself with leaves and anything else that would serve as cover as well as insulation from the chill night air.

Once he was comfortable, he fell asleep...his hands resting firmly on the hilts of his short swords.
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Cyfrin Gwiwer

Post by Cyfrin Gwiwer »

OOC: In the interests of continuity....

IC:
Seeing all starting to settle for the night, Cyfrin went over to Lianne, and removing his cloak, placed it over her. "Try and get some sleep, and if you think the wolf is coming, tell me, or whoever is on guard".
With that Cyfrin stood and pondered his patrol.
He decided that he would circle half way round and stand at one end for a while, then circle back to the other side, and wait for a while again. All the time looking and listening.

With a step of purpose Cyfrin began his watch, trying to keep a feel for the time when a couple of hours or so had gone by, to wake Galliban.

All seemed quiet through Cyfrin's watch, and when he roughly estimated that around three marks had passed and starting to feel a little tired himself, he went over to Galliban.

Touching her gently enough to wake but not startle, he whispered, "Time for your watch my lady, I guess about 3 marks have passed by, all has been quiet".
Only after ensuring that Galliban was fully awake did Cyfrin wish her a goodnight. Then rolling out his blanket and curling up close to Lilliane, did he try to fall asleep, hoping to dreams of magic and peace, rather than nightmares of wolves and blood.

OOC:
this is awkward now.. will or will not something happen tonight?... and in who's watch?? I will amend the post in a day - to wake Galliban - if Syra
not posted.
Edited: OK a day+half gone by, Post amended to wake Galliban.
Last edited by Cyfrin Gwiwer on Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

ooc
Nice to see you kept things going! I wish to remind you that my posting rate too is rather erratic due to some stressful real life stuff.
Meanwhile we are gonna fudge a bit of time here...bear with me. FUDGE fudge FUDGE fudge..

ic
Liliane nodded at her childhood friend and took the offered cloak. "Thank you." She whispered, feeling ashamed of the entire situation she had brought these people in. "I will tell you..."

C'aldur's men divided up the rest of the watch to make sure there were always two people well awake while the rest took their well deserved rest. While Cyfrin endured his marks, Sharn walked the perimeter, always making sure to check the opposite site of where his companion placed his attention. This way they kept the entire circle safe for several marks.

Most of the sleep was dreamless for Draydis, yet some marks were filled with strange images of dancing stones and stars alike. Aeshinera danced in between the stars and jumped from one stone to the other with a smile on her face, a smile that reflected in her starry eyes.

False dawn slowly moved into a real sunrise when Galliban was awakened by their newest companion. A rich autumnlight filtered through the leaves, showering the scene in golden hues. Birds took up their position and after a few early try outs they burst out into song, almost all at the same time.

Sharn looked troubled. "Didn't know it was that late already..." He mumbled, turning to C'aldur who's turn it was next to walk the camp with Galliban together. "Let's just give the others some more time to rest." The scout yawned. "And I could use a little sleep too. So light or no light...let's finish this and start when we're all fresh again." Sharn nodded off.

C'aldur chuckled, guarding the camp together with the paladin. More marks passed, the sun rising over their heads and daily life continuing around them. A busy ant farm started a new trail to replace the one the bipeds had broken the night before, placing it neatly around the new obstacles.

There was no sign of the wolf-man, no sign of trouble, no sign of...

"Aeshinera!" Glyph'n jumped up, his voice loud enough to wake the others. Several creative curses followed as the dark Adhiel searched the immediate surroundings. There was no sign of her belongings, no sign of struggle, no sign of anything but a great emptiness.

Liliane grabbed the borrowed cloak in a protective gesture. "He wasn't here! He wasn't doing anything!" She yelled in response.

Glyph'n hit the standing stone next to the small impression with his bare fist. It was sheer frustration, for nor the stone or the man budged. "Impossible forest...insane!" He mumbled while the rest of the camp woke up and jumped into action.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban thanked Cyfrin for waking her before standing up and shaking her head briskly to speed the process of waking. She looked about the camp site at the others as she re-attached all of her weapons to her body, then set about on patrol.

Galliban didn't pay much mind to C'aldur as she walked to and fro around the camp. Her eyes scanned the area vigilantly as she walked, the sound of her clinking armor intermingling with the songs of the birds. All was well enough until she heard a shout from the camp.

Galliban rushed over to Glyph'n as soon as she heard the yell. She looked around quickly, seeing no sign of Aeshinera. She heard Lilliane protesting in the background.

"What in blazes happened?" she questioned the dark-skinned adhiel.
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."- Mark Twain
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Being woken from his sleep at the shout of Aeshinera's name, Draydis did not know what was going on at first. As the guardsman sat on the ground, still covered in leaves, he looked about the camp, seeing the chaos, hearing the words...and then he was instantly to his feet. Blood was pumping through his body very quickly as his heart rate increased. ~Aeshinera was gone...~

"Galliban!" He searched for his paladin friend, and was already drawing a circle on the ground from which he would pray. Once the circle was drawn, Dray dropped to his knees, and waited to speak with Galliban prior to beginning his prayers...

DMD Member since 2005
Syra

Post by Syra »

Glyph'n glared at the paladin. "Would I call out for help if I did?" He growled, utterly frustrated that the girl had been able to vanish from under his nose. "One moment she was RIGHT here." He bashed the standing stone again, his knuckles grazing the whirl of lines on the grey surface. "The next she was GONE."

"Spread out." C'aldur ordered, immediately searching the surroundings for any sign of the vanished woman. Liliane was left alone, still clutching the cloak and looking around with big eyes.

It wasn't hard for Draydis to find Galliban. After all: Aeshinera had not moved away that far when she fell asleep and the paladin was standing right next to the dark Adhiel and the stone where the girl had put her head down. The circle was drawn in the forest floor, tough grass and squishy moss making it hard to create a perfect one, but it would do.

ooc
Let's keep this going. Our wayward companions will either post or tag along for now :)

[/size]
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

The dream continued to play in his mind as Draydis attempted to piece together what had happened to Aeshinera. ~She danced among the stars and stones...~

Draydis looked about the camp and then called to C'aldur and the others. "She didn't go anywhere." He finished drawing the prayer circle to the Mother and then went to look at the stone which the dark adhiel had just previously assaulted.

He traced the lines of it with his hands, trying to get a sense of what might have happened...

It was as his hands moved along the stone's surface that anybody watching him could see that his eyes were closed.

~Mother...help me find our lost companion. The lives of our people rest in part in her being able to complete her mission. I have also pledged to her that I'd protect her as I could. Help us now to find Aeshinera.~

After he had moved his hands all along the stone, Draydis stood and opened his eyes. "I know what happened, but it does not make sense yet. I need everybody to gather in a circle around this stone..."
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DMD Member since 2005
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban shook her head in disbelief. It did not seem possible that a person could just disappear into thin air. She began to look around with the others, though she had the feeling that Aeshinera would be no where to be found.

Galliban went to Draydis immediately when he called. She did not understand what he meant, but trusted in his instincts. She nodded to him and moved to the circle without arguement.

"What is it, Draydis? What has happened?"
Last edited by Galliban Tyren on Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."- Mark Twain
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Dray smiled a bit when asked by Galliban what was going on. "This is going to sound strange, but..." He looked to the stone in the center of the circle and then joined the others in their ring about the rock (ooc: too bad it isn't a rose...he he he).

"Everybody...focus your thoughts on that stone and pray to your god or goddess for their guidance. If I am right, that stone will show us what happened."

With that, he grasped the hands of the one to his right and his left. He closed his eyes and began to control his breathing so that he could relax and focus his thoughts on the Mother. ~Mother...I know not what has happened here, but I do know that the woods about us know where Aeshinera is. Please help us, my Mother.~

Draydis then waited for some sort of sign that he was right in his thinking...

DMD Member since 2005
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban was unsure of Draydis's thinking, but she had no choice but to trust him. She did as he requested and focused her attention upon the stone. She had plenty of experience in focusing, though she had never before attempted to focus on a single non-living object. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before she began her prayer.

Illuminatus, I pray to You as a servant in need. Our companion Aeshinera is missing and we need Your divine aid to find her. I pray that You shall show us the way and give us the wisdom to follow the right path. Please aid us, my Lord.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Under Draydis' touch the lines swirled and turned, a miniature labyrinth imprinted in stone. Following the deepest curve made his finger turn in and then outwards again towards another carving, surrounded by crude outlined stars and moons. The weather had taken it's effect on the intricate drawings, taking away the specifics to leave only the rudimentaries. Yet one thing was certain: the stone was as man made as a set of cutlery.

It would be hard to see for the Adhiel, but under his searching fingers the small labyrinth started to glow, a soft blue light playing along with the moves. As soon as his hand left the surface, it disappeared again, making it very hard to believe something had been there in the first place.

As soon as Draydis uttered his plan, the scouts joined in. Glyph'n stayed at a distance, staring at the dolmen and the surrounding circle of people with distrust. This was not his way, this had never been his way, this wishy washy praying thing and all the faith going on. He knew that in the end there was only one person to be trusted, which was himsel.

Let them try...idiots... There was disappointment in his heart, an emptiness with the sudden disappearance of Aeshinera. I'll find her. In my own way. And softly he snuck off, leaving the concentrated circle behind.

It was C'aldur who grabbed Galliban's hand, the others of his group holding on to their leader. Unspoken prayers filled the air, complementing each other despite the difference of pantheons. Power started to build in the circle, concentrating around the stone. Something was going to happen...a strange itch filled their awareness, as if someone -or something- was waking up after a long time of sleep.

Sharn shook his head. This was completely nuts. How could a stone help them? A tiny blue spark caught his attention. Dislodging from Draydis he stepped forward to touch whatever it was that played the stone surface.

Right at that moment C'aldur opened his eyes and saw his fellow scout make his move. "Sharn, NO!" He yelled, letting go of Galliban's hand and stepping forward to stop the man.

Sharn touched on the one end.
C'aldur on the other.
The twins were in the middle, unable to act with their hands locked.

NOW! A victorious voice sounded in everyone's hand as the blue sparkle exploded, throwing them all back against the mossy grounds. Liliane screamed, still sitting in the small clearing. Glyph'n was nowhere in sight, having left the scene before this went down. The scouts....were gone as well.[hr][/hr]

Woman....fear....danger! Protect![hr][/hr]

Liliane couldn't stop screaming. She didn't even stop when the undergrowth exploded in turn, revealing a great, furry animal with quite an impressive growl!
Last edited by Syra on Mon May 01, 2006 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/size]
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis watched the blue light, unsure of its purpose or source. As they prayed, he felt something awake...still unsure of it all, but certain in the fact that the Mother would protect them all.

And then the scouts touched the stone. Before he could shout out, he was thrown to the ground, the scouts were gone, and the wolf had made its appearance once again.

From the ground, he attempted to quickly find his feet and ready his swords. "Liliane! Control him!" He would not attack the wolf yet, but would protect the others. "We are not going to harm Liliane!", he shouted to the wolf.

"MOTHER! BRING US PEACE!" The scene was utter chaos, and it was all he knew to say to try to calm the situation so nobody else had to get hurt or disappear.

If the wolf attacked anybody, Draydis was ready to do his best to kill the wolf. He would attack it from the rear and attempt to jump onto its back...plunging his swords into its chest and then hold on until it died.
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Tue May 02, 2006 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DMD Member since 2005
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban was too focused to notice Glyph'n's exit from the area, though she had noticed that he had refrained from joining the circle. That fact did not bother her. If Glyph'n desired to seperate himself from the gods, that was his right. Despite being a devout and dedicated paladin, Galliban did not insist that everyone around her follow her own beliefs. That sort of arrogance was not in her nature.

Draydis's plan seemed to be working until Sharn stepped forward to touch the stone. Galliban opened her eyes when she heard C'aldur shout. She felt his hand let go of her's and saw him step forward to stop Sharn. The young paladin barely had time to realize what as happening before the blue spark of light exploded, sending them all to the ground. Galliban was stunned, but scrambled back up to her feet as soon as she was able. The first thing she noticed was that the scouts had disappeared. Unfortunately, she did not have much time to worry about what had happened to them before her attention was caught by the werewolf revealing himself.

"Stop screaming! He will attack us!" she yelled to Lilliane as she drew her swords and got ready to defend herself and the others if need be.
Cyfrin Gwiwer

Post by Cyfrin Gwiwer »

Cyfrin had watched as all had gone on, his day had been interesting to say the least. From a simple farm life thrust into a world of warriors, magick and wolves, he had got to a point where whatever happened he just accepted it. So even the dissapearance of some of the group, in itself did not concerned him, though losing men with a dangerous wolf around did.

the sudden voice in his head and blue light did have an effect however, and he equally turned to face the wolf, placing the polearm as shown by Draydis.

Lilliane's screaming tore into his mind, and he added his voice to the others, shouting to be heard, but at the same time trying to sound calm.
"Lilliane, stop your screaming, We are safe, and we won't hurt the wolf, unless it attacks us, Be quite, please". The last word said almost as a whisper.
Mother protect and help us now was Cyfrin's last thought as he faced the wolf, waiting for Draydis, Galliban or indeed the wolf to do something.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Yelling
Screaming
Howling
Growling

To say it was a bit of a chaos would be the understatement of the yahren. The disorientation only took flickers. Soon both the paladin and the commander were quite able to get back on their feet and execute their plans.

Lilliane was told from several sides to shut up, but hardly managed through her panic. The wolf advanced, prowling on all fours as his back stood up high to jump at will. It immediately turned to the girl, who promptly stopped yelling. Next it looked at all three companions in turn, a hint of recognition clear in his yellow eyes. Yet it was not Draydis he looked at, even though the hunter might have expected it on account of their earlier meeting.

It was Cyfrin.

Yellow eyes turned almost brown for a full, slow flicker. Rage dulled to a question as the wolf's face looked at the young man with a plea in his eyes.

It was Liliane's tears that drew his attention away, eyes turning back to yellow. She threw her arms around the huge wolf's neck and sobbed. The huge beast allowed it, although his posture spoke of suspicion.

"Please...." The girl cried. "Help us...this is all my fault...Lowen didn't want to...not really...It's all my fault. Surely you would understand?" She looked at Galliban, the only other woman around. "I was so stupid! But I love him so much! But he's not hungry now...are you? You're not hungry now, right? Lowen?" The girl's eyes locked with the wolf's. "Oh gods, it's all my fault! But the recipe...we did everything as it said!"

Lowen, the fragile smith's son. The boy who would never amount to much because he'd never be able to follow his father's footsteps. This was a boy who had avoided Cyfrin back home as much as he avoided any of the other men. He too had disappeared, around the same time as Liliane. It didn't take a genius to figure out what had caused their vanishing act.

[/size]
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Dray looked from the wolf to Galliban. It was clear that this was not a time to fight or show aggression. A look was in the eyes of the wolf that told him that he needed to help...and killing the wolf was not the answer. With that decision firmly in his mind, Dray put away his weapons.

"Galliban, how do you feel about taking a leap of faith?"

He continued to watch the wolf, but now had his arms up and out as if to show that he meant no aggression towards the wolf.

~Mother, I am now going to put my life in your hands in hopes that I can help the man that is now afflicted with some sort of tragedy. I do not understand what happened to make him be as a wolf, but I know that with your aid, he can be restored. I trust in only you. Thank you for being my source of strength and for giving me the ability to help others. It is by your grace that I live and serve.~

After uttering his prayer to the Mother, Draydis unbuckled the belt that held his swords and knives. He let the weapons fall to the ground. Dray also set his bow carefully on the ground along with his quivers. He was now completely unarmed. Three slow steps were taken towards the wolf, and then he kneeled on the ground facing the wolf. With a calm voice, he spoke, "Lilliane, would you ask your friend to allow me to pray with him? I know that the Mother can help. I will not harm him in any way...that I give you as my solemn word."

DMD Member since 2005
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

Galliban's eyes moved from the wolf to Lilliane when the girl addressed her. It did not seem to her that Lilliane was making much sense; her words were frantic and difficult to understand. Her pleading reached the heart of the young paladin, making the situation even more confusing for her. She shook her head slowly; the situation was becoming increasingly unbelievable.

The half-elf's eyes moved to Draydis when she heard her name. There was a look of recognition in them and she nodded to her friend. He seemed to have the right idea in mind. Feeling sure that Illuminatus would protect her from attack, Galliban sheathed her swords and dropped her hands by her sides.

Illuminatus, I once again put my trust in you. If the man within this beast is not evil, I pray that you shall aid us in restoring him to his former self without bloodshed. If he shall attack, I place my faith in you as always to do what you will, for I am your servant in life or death.

With that, Galliban followed Draydis's lead and undid the straps holding her two pairs of swords to her body, letting them fall to the ground below. She stepped forward cautiously, her breathing even and calm.

"Through faith, all things are possible." she said softly as she stood before Lilliane, the wolf, and Draydis.
Syra

Post by Syra »

ooc
Comp troubles on Cyfrin's side. He said he might be back soon, but that moment has kinda passed, so I'll continue as before :) Just realize that he IS in fact still here :) Just....silent for the moment.

ic
They say the power of prayer can cut through like a knife. They say that true faith will give wings. They say that complete trust can warm the heart of the coldest person in the world.

But then...they do say a lot of things, don't they?

Weapons were put down, defenses lowered.

"Through faith, all things are possible." Galliban said softly.

Be careful what you wish for...

A blast of wind through the treetops.

Draydis kneeling in front of the wolf, yellow eyes glaring at him, teeth bared.

What man has wrought, man must undo.

It was unclear whether the words were spoken or just blown in by the wind. It was equally unclear whether or not the wolfman understood what was going on around him. Right now he kept quiet, Liliane still with her arms around his massive neck.

The girl looked at the strange scene in front of her and sniffed. "P-p-pray? Little good THAT will do! We prayed! I prayed! And....and...it said wolf's bones! This is what the Mother gave us! This!" She pulled Lowen's fur. Surprisingly enough no sound came from the toothy maw.

[/size]
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

What man has wrought, man must undo.

Galliban heard the words, though their origin was a mystery. It was clear that someone was trying to tell them something, but little else was clear. Galliban knew the truth of it; faith without action meant little. With our without divine aid, they were the ones who were going to have to fix this problem.

"Are you sure that it was the Mother that did this," the paladin asked Lilliane, in a tone that suggested that there was an unfolding line of thought behind the statement. "I suppose that hardly matters. I want to help you. I cannot just kill him. If he does attack us, however, I will defend myself and the rest of us.

"Now, you must tell exactly what happened to turn him into a wolf. Only then can we begin to solve this problem."
Cyfrin Gwiwer

Post by Cyfrin Gwiwer »

OOC: Well, the worm has been destroyed (Hurrah!), ALL 3 of my PC's were wiped out, and now have been lovingly (aka, lots of swearing & thumping) restored to basics, with all the updates etc.
The only upside is that - for a while anyway - the computers are running smooth and quick!
Also Note: that further posts after this will have Signature field with Image acknowledement.

IC:
Cyfrin saw the look in the wolf's eyes, and was puzzled for a moment, then the name, Lowen. Thinking back Cyfrin remembered such a lad from the village, bit of a reclusive, never seemed to get along with anyone, even his father. Except perhaps Lilliane, Cyfrin recalled the rare occasions that Lowen had been seen, and if with anyone, it was Lilliane.

Pondering what to do, he watched and listened as Draydis, then Galliban spoke and approached the wolf, and to what Lilliane had said.
Carefully placing the polearm onto the ground, Cyfrin took a few steps towards the girl and the wolf, crouching down close as Draydis had done.

"I think what's happened here is a little magick gone wrong; I'm not sure what they were trying to do, but from what Lilliane says, I believe the wolf is actually someone from my village, Lowen was his name, a reclusive lad kept himself to himself apart from being with Lilliane".
He thought for a flicker, "If I remember correctly they both vanished around the same time".

Cyfrin looked from Lillianes eyes to the Wolfs and back again. "That was it wasn't it Lilliane? You found some sort of spell, but it didn't work as expected and Lowen became this wolf? As Galliban asked, tell us exactly what happened and we may be able to help".
He turned and looked right into the wolfs eyes, "I promise you, we will help however we can, Lowen".
Last edited by Cyfrin Gwiwer on Sat May 13, 2006 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

"Lilliane, you must keep your faith even when it seems as if there is no hope or that nobody is listening. Faith is sometimes about trusting even in the face of absolute uncertainty. We are often tested in our faith. This is one time of adversity through which you must remain faithful."

He looked briefly to the wolf and then to Cyfrin as he spoke. "Perhaps a lesson must be learned here so you can learn from your experience....before repentance will be allowed and things restored."

Dray looked back to the stone for a moment. There was still no sign of the others returning...

The guardsman remembered the day of the funeral in Taquar when the demoness made her appearance at the Mother's tree. He remembered the power that surged through him after the Mother blessed him and his bow with the ability to shoot and hurt the image of the demoness. He focused on how that energy felt...how it ran through his body. It was a feeling that once again he attempted to recall now. As Dray's breathing slowed, his eyes closed and his thoughts turned to feelings of peace, restoration, and healing.

Once those feelings were all present in his mind, the aspiring paladin attempted to direct those thoughts towards the wolf. It was as if he were trying to lend some of his own energy to the wolf in hopes that it would restore it to the man he used to be...

~Mother...I offer a part of myself to help this man...~

DMD Member since 2005
Syra

Post by Syra »

At the mention of his true name the wolfman looked at Cyfrin in surprise.

Memory
shy
He knows!
Help?
Prey! Weak! Hunger!

Yellow eyes squinted. Lilliane could feel a low vibrance growing in the furry muscles she embraced. She gulped, clearly nervous while she held Lowen tight.

"I'm telling you it was the Mother!" She defended her actions. "I prayed and she came to us. She gave me the formula and asked me to meet her price and I did! We followed everything to the letter! There is no reason it would have gone wrong other than somehow the gods deserting us."

Betrayal sounded in her voice. "Wouldn't that just figure? The entire forest upside down with demons and darkness and things that go bump in the night...and the Mother turning her back on us!"

The story rang true, yet...somewhere someone suddenly perked up her ears to listen in; an unseen force growing a smile at the silly story being told.[hr][/hr]

So, I am the Mother now? Why not...it is fitting.

A harsh laugh sounded through the emptiness.

Perhaps I will be her dark marks...I will be the crone....yes...how very, very fitting.[hr][/hr]

Lilliane looked at her would-be rescuers in turn. "I am sure it was the Mother. I prayed, she came. Here, I'll give you the recipe!"

The girl conjured up a piece of crumpled parchment, Adhiel drawings speaking of collecting herbs to those who could read. It was nothing special, save the addition of wolf's bone -the only non-herb in there.

"It was supposed to make him strong, to give him the strength to be the apprentice he wanted to be." She continued, looking guilty as guilty could be. "He was going to be famous, being taught by the best of the best! Why, he was handpicked by the best of the best and now...now he can't even hold a hammer!" The last word came out in a wail as Lowen joined her complaint with a howl, raising the hairs on people's backs.

Of course Cyfrin would remember the smith in the village, but to call that good man the best of the best might be a bit overdone...unless horse shoes and the occasional tool were considered to be the prime aspect of smithing.

[/size]
Galliban Tyren
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Galliban Tyren »

The voice that seemingly came from nowhere was familiar to Galliban. A fire in her eyes grew with recognition. She turned away from the others, her fist clenched beside her sides. She turned her head toward the sky, her eyes moving amongst the treetops.

"Silence, vile creature! You have no power where the Light shines! Your days in this world are numbered! You shall be banished back to the Nether!" Galliban shouted into the forest at the invisible enemy whom she knew was present. She turned back to the others. The rage in her eyes could still be seen.

"It must be Blayvanna, the demon that has plagued this land, that has cursed you so. She delights in chaos in suffering, and is quite able to disguise herself. The Mother was not responsible for your misfortune," she said to Lilliane, her voice much quieter but still full of disdain for the demon. "There must be a way to reverse this curse. Perhaps one learned in the way of such things may be able to help."
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Dray heard the voice ring through the air and agreed with Galliban as to its source. "I know it is the demon that did this to you. The Mother would never cause harm to one of her own." Draydis continued to kneel near the wolf. He noticed the change in its eyes, yet he was unafraid. The powers of light were present, and would help them to find a peaceful solution to the problem.

For a brief moment, Dray thought about having the wolf and girl touch the stone and get rid of them that way, but his focus on the Mother quickly put that idea to rest.

"I know nobody that is learned in the ways of magic of this sort. I put all my trust in the Mother and know....wait a minute..."

The guardsman slowly stood up and looked around the woods. He did his best to see in the direction where his faerie guide was last known to be. "I have a friend that might be able to help."

With that, Dray stooped down to get his swords, bow, and quiver, and went to the edge of the camp...putting his weapons back in place as he walked. Once out of hearing range, but still within vision of the party, Dray kneeled once again after drawing a circle in the dirt with the point of his sword. "Mother...you gave me a guide once to help me find the smith. I still seek that individual, but have decided to help a few others along my way. The guide knows these woods, and probably knows of a person that can help our friend who fell prey to the lies of the demoness. Please help me find Lil Bud again."

He spoke the words aloud, but not loud enough for the group members to hear him. His eyes were held tight and he focused solely on the Mother's presence around them.

Once his words were spoken, Draydis continued to keep his eyes closed and remained completely motionless...instead letting his ears pick up on what the woods around them whispered.

DMD Member since 2005
Cyfrin Gwiwer

Post by Cyfrin Gwiwer »

OOC: Odd, could have sworn I posted yesterday! Ah well, in my dreams maybe.

IC:
Cyfrin Listened to the others, nodding in his agreement with them both.
"I know not of this demon you speak of, yet my own teachings of the mother prove to me this is not of her doing. Indeed I doubt she would even consider entering into any such bargin".

He watched Draydis go over to one side and make his plea to the mother.
Glancing at Galliban he turned his attention to Lowen and Lilliane. (He had decided to think of the wolf as Lowen, he still had a healthy fear of it, but felt dealing with the wolf as the person he was, may work better with them).

"Lowen, Lilliane", he looked at the two in turn his eyes staying on Lowen's a little longer, "Draydis is trying to find some help to reverse this spell, however I'm intrigued as to this bargin, what is this price you paid? It may have some bearing on reversing the spell".

Return to “T'aquar Archive”