Seeking Sorcery - Alu, 27th Samheen MT

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Seeking Sorcery - Alu, 27th Samheen MT

Post by Alustariel Urdil »

The Great Palace of Kislovan is perched on a small hill overlooking the coast on the eastern side of the River Cerl. Its colonnaded approach runs up the hillside through terraced gardens, kept lush and gorgeous by the Shaper Royal, Master Bandir; nature and artifice beautifully entwined. The sounds of bird song fill the air, even as the heady fragrance of tropical blossoms drifts on the warm breeze.

Surrounding the walled palace, in truth a highly decorated castle, is what at first glance appears to be an ordinary small lake, as if it is merely a large reflecting pool in the gardens. However, it server a definite defensive function, for it is a moat, crossed only by a red and black lacquered wooden bridge which could apparently be retracted if the palace were to come under attack, although the mechanism for this was well concealed. Yet the simple beauty of the lake and bridge in this setting obscures their practicality.

The high, unyielding exterior walls are softened in appearance by plaster in off-white, and topped with large half-circles, painted in patterns of blues and purples. Here is one place where vegetation had not been encouraged, or even allowed, to grow. The barbican can be sealed off, as is evinced by the ivory tips of a stout wooden portcullis showing across the top of the broad opening. This traditional gateway opens into an inner garden court, rather than a bailey; a more intimate floral experience than beyond the walls. Tropical birds and blossoms abound; a wondrous experience for the senses.

The palace itself is of several storeys, differing from point to point, making it a cacophony of varying roof-lines, including several domes of varying sizes, plastered and painted in blue, green and gold, as well as tiled roofs. The walls are also plastered in off-white and decorated with painted friezes in geometric designs in brown, red and blue. Plants seem to be growing on parts of the roofs and on balconies, making it look as if the structure is alive with vegetation.

Long, broad steps lead up to a colonnaded entry that appears to be formed by trees forming a canopy above the huge wooden double doors. The gilded doors soar well over twice the height of the average Adhiel, and stand open during public hours, welcoming visitors into the vast entrance chamber known as the Great Hall. This chamber, its ceiling forming the first dome, is a huge open space, broken only by plastered and painted columns. Clerestory windows bathe the space in natural light, augmented by lamps hung on the columns. The Great Hall’s walls are hung with brightly coloured fabrics, depicting historical and mythological scenes; works of great art and craftsmanship. Potted trees and flowering plants flourish even here.

Here the nobility and wealthier merchants and artisans mingle, the buzz of conversation rarely pausing during public hours. Deals are struck, fortunes made and lost, as the vague scent of incense and the nearly invisible servants weave their way through the chamber. Not all who gather here are awaiting a royal audience. Indeed, there are those who merely come to see and be seen, or hear and be heard.

~~~~~

“Eabh ta seodhiu inaidha,” a young woman called in greeting, sweeping into an appropriately gauged curtsy. She was clad in the traditional sari, and the pale green of the cotton fabric declared her position as a servant of the palace. “How may a Page of the Great Palace be of service to you?” she asked, with a polite smile.

Alu smiled, she was almost certain that this was the same page she had met a few days prior. She bowed politely and greeted the girl "Namaste, my dear page..."

"I have come in need of your help today. I suspect that you are familiar with the many folk who play court in this hall. I am looking for a mentor, but not just any"

Alu looked about to see if she could see anybody of interest herself before turning back to the Page.

"I am looking for a woman, any woman, that is well-versed in the Magickal arts, a Sorceress if you will. Know you any that are here today?"
[i]Abara kadabara, alakazaaaaam![/i]
Posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

The woman shook her head sadly. "I'm sorry, m'Lady, but I'm unfamiliar with any that practice the magickal arts beyond our own Battlemage Royal."

A thought occurred to her and she tapped a well manicured finger against her lips. "However, you could try speaking with his secretary, Miranda. From what I've been told, she has been with the Battlemage Royal for ages. She knows more about the magickal arts and those who practice it than anyone in the Palace, including Falgan himself. Or so they say." She offered a smile to the silverhaired adhiel. "I would be happy to show you to her, if you'd like."
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Of course!" Alustariel smiled back "You must think me strange, for I know there are few finer that the Battlemage Royal, Falgan, but this is purely out of strange choice of mine"

Alustariel thought on this a moment. Ashtallion may well gloat that he was training with the Battlemage Royal, but Alustariel wanted to bring an elegance to her art ... in her opinion, an elegance that male mages were incapable of for the most part.

"Lead on, dear page, I would be eager to speak with Miranda, if she has the time to see me"
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Closing her palms together in front of her, the page offered a small bow of respect. "If you'll follow me, M'lady?"

She led the potential battle-mage through the corridors of the Palace until they stood before a set of wide, ornate double doors. The plaque to the left said simply, "Battlemage Royal". No sound could be heard from within.

The young page smiled at Alu. "If you'll wait one moment, I'll be happy to announce you." She slid the door open soundlessly and slipped inside.

Alu only had time to receive a nod from another passing page before the one that led her here emerged once more. "She'll be happy to see you, M'Lady. Please, enter and be well." She held the door open for the petitioner, only releasing it to return to her duties when the petitioner was firmly inside.

When Alustariel entered the room, she found a simple writing desk. Behind it sat an older adhiel woman, her hair a faint bronze plaited into an ornate braid hanging down her back. Green eyes watched the young adhiel's approach curiously. "Please, have a seat," she greeted, indicating an ornate straight-backed chair waiting across the desk from her. "Dakshina tells me that you are here to speak with me rather than the Battle Mage Royale. " If the page explained in any further detail what Alu's purpose was with Miranda today, the assistant didn't speak of it. Instead she waited, her hands clasped on the desk in front of her, waiting for Alu to speak.
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel curtsied before the female of higher rank at the desk. "I thank you for granting me audience, Miranda" Alustariel smiled and stood back up. Alustariel crossed to the ornate seat and sat, hands comfortably in her lap. "My name is Alustariel Urdil, you may or may not have heard of my brother Ashtallion, who is seeking to study with Falgan himself"

"My purpose in speaking with you today is that I am looking for a mentor myself, but .... I do not want to train with a male - with great respect to the Battle Mage Royale. You may think me odd, but I am seeking to grow out of my basic abilities and become an apprentice and to add a certain grace to my craft - but the grace that I wish to achieve, I believe is something that is not quite perfected by members of the opposite gender who I have previously trained under ..."

Alustariel presented an apologetic smile and sighed ... she'd done it again "Forgive me Miranda, I do prattle when I'm nervous. In short, I wish to train under a Sorceress"
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

"A sorceress," Miranda asked, her left eyebrow arched, "Or a battle mage? The two are very different. There are any of dozens of sorceresses in Cerleann that could train you. Even I could train you in the basics, if I so chose. But a female battlemage," her lips curved into a thin smile. "That is much harder to come across. The only one that I know of values her privacy and, much like Master Falgan, only takes the best."

Emerald eyes attempted to capture and hold the younger adhiel maiden's own. "Do you think you are the best, Seeker Urdil?"
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel could not be certain whether Miranda was using magic, but she found it impossible to look away, those green eyes seemed to be searching her and Alu knew that the question was she the best could be a test, but what should her answer be.

"I can barely handle a lightning bolt yet - " Alu smiled bleakly, at least she was being honest " - but I know I can be the Best, if I am trained by the Best." she said simply, though there was no trace of pride in her voice, she was humble and polite.

Alu did not remove her gaze. she thought of mentioning her previous mentor Alexu Auros at the University as a reference, but she remained silent, preferring to let Miranda have the next word.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

"And how do you know that?" Miranda asked, leaning back in her chair. Her gaze didn't leave the younger woman as she clasped her hands before her, index fingers pointed outward, tapping against one another. "What skills do you bring to anyone who would train you? In sorcery and in battle - assuming that is what you want, though you still haven't answered that question," she tsked.
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel could tell that Miranda thought the younger adhiel was cocky, as the older adhiel settled back into the chair. Alu simply smiled and continued.

"There's really no good in doubting one's self is there? So as such, I know that I will be among the best because I believe in my goals and my potential" Alu smile broadened "I know that sounds horridly imodest, Lady Miranda, so do forgive my insolence in that, but I can't see myself doing anything else in life"

Miranda asked her of her skills, Alu felt a few smart comments leaping up her vocal cords, but stopped short of a blunder.

"I am a Battlemage hopefull. I have trained under Alexu Auros at the University of Magick, who trained me in the basics of martial combat as well as magickal manipulation. To ascertain my mental teachings, I am versed in Maths and Astrology. I am literate and a schooled in logical thinking. My magickal preperation skills, such as calming myself and meditation are quite honed - so I am not completely inexperienced, and feel I have a good grounding from which to move on to the next stage of my training"

"So" Alustariel smiled cheerfully "That is my resumé, so to speak"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Miranda remained sitting back in her chair, her fingers continuing to tap against each other as the younger adhiel spoke. Throughout the recitation of Alustariel's brief resumé, Falgan's assistant ept her emerald eyes trained on her, watching every nuance of the petitioner's movements, looking for something hidden within.

When Alu finished her recitation, Miranda returned a thin-lipped smile. "Not bad beginnings. I am unfamiliar with your former teacher - it is not a name that the Battlemage Royal has mentioned to me. The University of Magick, from what I have been told, is a very large place however, so it's no surprise that he would not be acquainted with everyone that teaches there."

The older adhiel leaned forward, pulling a piece of parchment from it's neat pile on the corner of her desk. Taking her quill from it's holder, she began to write in a neat hand. "Given your past experience and your... enthusiasm, I think Chandi will at least give you an audience. I will send you with a letter of introduction. Otherwise, you wouldn't even get in the door. But the rest, I'm afraid, is up to you."

With Miranda's flowery script and quick writing, it would have been difficult for Alustariel to make out most of what the woman was writing. Before she had a chance to concentrate on the words (if, indeed, she chose to do so), Miranda finished her writing and folded the parchment. She continued to speak as she created a spark of fire to heat the sealing wax, letting it drip upon the fold of the letter.

"You'll find Chandi's home just beyond the north gate. She owns a small patch of lands there. You should see the path to her leading off to your left once you exit the city. From there," the adhiel assistant held out the closed parchment for the seeker to take. "You are on your own."
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel stood and bowed respectfully "I understand completely. Chandi will choose her own students by the merits she sees fit. But you have been a great help to me, and for that I thank you heartily" Alustariel smiled. "May the Mother give you many graces" Alu said reverently and moved away from her chair to accept the letter from Miranda.

"And with that Lady Miranda I must request my leave. My thanks, again" Alustariel curtsied, and waited for the superior Adhiel's permission to leave - it was only polite to let her have the last word. Once she was out of the office she would seek Dakshina to inform her of her answer to Lord Morniendur Baradan's offer to take both Ashtallion and she to the Queen's Court.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Miranda rose from her chair, nodding her head slightly in response to the younger adhiel's curtsy. "Good luck in your search, Alustariel. I hope Chandi can give you what you seek."

Falgan's assistant remained standing until the door closed behind the silver-haired seeker.
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"You are gracious indeed, milady Miranda" Alu said as the doors closed between the two women.

Alustariel strode back the way she had came - a woman on a mission - Chandi sounded very mysterious, so perhaps she should play it safe and remain humble and honest with her, unlike the bungled meeting with the Seneschal. As Alu left, she tried to single out Dakshina or another page.

"Be a dear, good friend" she said to the page "Inform his Lordship, Morniendur Baradan, that Miss Alustariel Urdil and her brother, Master Ashtallion Urdil, would be delighted to attend him at the Queens Court"

With that she was gone, walking happily out of the palace and into the city, and when she was out of sight of passersby she ran like some gleeful child. She would race towards the North Gate of the city and take the path leading to the left - her only hope that Chandi would be at home today.
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

It wasn't until she was half way to the North Gate that she had the freedom to run. Until then, the streets were filled with adhiel - some heading to the palace, some heading from, some doing their shopping at the markets, and more than a few out for a stroll in the warm Samheen sun. None of the humans or achadhiel were in evidence near the palace and only few appeared as she got closer to the gates.

And then there was the glorious moment of freedom when the streets seemed clear of all but Alustariel and she could run to her hearts content.

She had gotten no more than several paces when a rough voice called out from the alley, "Look at the bloody bitch! She's prancing. She's HAPPY. Seems she needs to be taught a lesson, doesn't she, boys?"

From the alley appeared six burly human men, looks of angry disgust marring their faces. The leader was the largest of the group - at least 6'3" and weighing about 275 pounds. His unruly red hair was tied at the nape of his neck and he, like the rest of them, wore rough laborers homespun. But most menacing of all was the cudgel that he held in his right hand, slapping it firmly against his left, all while approaching Alu, ready to give chase.
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Cold Fear caught in Alu's throat, due to the suddeness and coarsness of the voice that stopped her dead in her tracks. Humans, six of them, with heavier build - probably thrice the weight of Alu, though she could just about look them in the eye with height. She had to think quick, she could call a bluff that she was a mighty enchantress, she could try and gather as much energy she could and try to unleash a maelstorm of uncontrollable energy into the men - though there was no guarantee that that could work -, or she could run back the way she came.

She stood her ground. If only Ashtallion or Loraith were here, she was fully aware that today she might get a beating - or worse.

"Good fellows, there is no lesson owing for being happy" she smiled, trying to keep her composure "I am Alu Urdil, High Lady Sorceress of the Citadel" Alu bluffed, trying to sound imperious - but she contented herself that this time she had only told a little lie. Alu rose her hands, making elaborate gestures as if she was preparing to cast a complex spell, like she had seen Asht or Alexu do.

In her mind, she began to ground herself, enforcing her inner calm and taking in her surroundings - this was immensly dangerous to do so after the Lotus Blossom Inn, but Alu was not going down without putting up some sort of resistance

"I warn you, come no further ... " she sneered " ... I've no wish to harm you but I'll blast you all into the Hells, where the devils and demons will make playthings of you for all eternity if you come but an inch closer than it pleases me!".

"Now step aside, if you know whats good for you!".

Alu might not yet be the great sorceress she was claiming to be - but she hoped she had at least some talent for acting.

Even as she spoke, Alu knew she could not fight them. If they did not fall for this rouse and continued to advance, she would have to make a run for it.

EDIT: Dislexia
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

OOC: Since this could possibly get... messy... I'm going to declare this thread impassable for the time being.

IC:

"Blasting innocent humans into the hells is what your kind does for fun, isn't it?" the leader sneered, stopping several paces away. The cudgel in his hand continued to beat a slow, steady tattoo against his left hand as his mates spread out to encircle the beautiful young adhiel. As they walked, they pulled out weapons of their own. A small, sharp dagger appeared in the hand of the small, dark man to the leader's left. Beside him was a heavy-set, sandy-haired man, slipping a bow off of his back.

Circling around behind Alu was an average man in every respect, carrying another cudgel - though not nearly as large and menacing as the one carried by his friend across the circle. Near him stood a tall, thin man with hooked nose, holding a bill hook that matched his profile perfectly. Rounding out the group was a short, heavyset man with dark, malevolent eyes. He held no weapons, but he looked more than able to use his fists. All six men watched the mage-talented adhiel with pure hatred.

"You think you can get all of us at once with that fancy magic of yours?" the leader spat at her. "One unarmed girl is one thing, but we're ready for you, adhiel bitch. Go head. Prove what we've been saying about your kind all along." The corner of his lip curved into a cruel smile.
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

OOC: I like your use of the word "Messy" Sev!
--

Alustariel knew she might not be able to win this fight, but somehow she hoped to come out of it alive - and do pull that off she would need to utilise all the Mother-given wits she had.

Alu fell into guard position. She wished to the high heavens that she had not left her staff at Loraith's estate. She had some fighting experience, thanks to Alexu Auros, but it did not take her long to figure out that she needed to buy more time.

"With what your about to do I'd hardly call you an ... innocent human? I don't blast innocent people" she said cooly " - I only use my magick against ones who threaten and harm innocent people " she began to scowl as she exaggerated the term, she was not horribly scared - but she knew this might hurt "And for the record, I don't necessarily need to carry a cudgel like yours to be armed" Alu's eyes narrowed.

The silver-haired adhiel began to sink into calm, clearing her mind, as she was used to doing. Keeping in a defensive position , Alu placed her fists in front of her, If one of them charged her, she would try to disarm them first - and perhaps pull a few close-range attacks to boot while they were close.

She tried to take in her surroundings as much as she could - such as places she might be able to jump or roll to to slip past them, or places she might be able to dart through in her waif-like form without being followed too quickly by her heavier-built assailants.

"I say again, leave me be, I am not your enemy, nor do I wish to be" she said sternly "I am a Citadel Adhiel, a stranger here, and merely wish to go my own way. There are others who'll come looking for me ....... I'm more trouble than I'm worth"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

Post by Sebastian Beauvais »

"I never said we was innocent, bitch. Someone has to look out for our kind," spat the leader with a feral grin, never ceasing the steady pat of cudgel in hand. "Someone has to teach you supremacists a lesson." Small growls of agreement sounded from around the besieged adhiel.

The sextet continued to tighten the noose about Alustariel, warily drawing closer a step at a time, hard eyes glittering dangerously. Her claims to not be defenceless only strengthened their resolve to take her en masse, to diffuse her sorcerous impact. The men readjusted their grips on knives, cudgels, bill hooks; an arrow had found its way onto the string of the sandy-haired man's bow.

"Oh, I'm sure they'll find you too, bitch. But not 'til we're finished with you," he sneered. "And spare me the dung about not being no enemy. Even if your cowardly attack on the lass wasn't enough, them ears is." The leader's eyes narrowed dangerously, and all of a sudden the beat of the cudgel stopped dead.

"You was our enemy from the day you was born."
[color=orange]Avatar courtesy of Tazlure's own, the incredible Finley Ward![/color]
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"I doubt thats what Dylan has to say on the matter" she said smoothly to the leader of the pack. "He thanked me for saving Souffiane's life, yes she was there in the wrong place at the wrong time - yet I had a hand in ensuring she lived, I helped to heal her ... and I did so with the best of intentions for her"

She could tell their fear of magic had not dispersed them, but had made them band together. So Alu took a leap of faith, inwardly praying to the Mother for protection as she did.

"Look" she said calmly "I am not the great Sorceress that I professed to be - and that is in a way why Souffiane was hurt - I cannot control the power I have. I feel no end of guilt for the poor girl and fought with all my heart to keep her from dying. I am neither a particularly powerfull Adhiel nor an important one - nor do I enter into Kislovan's troubles - the fact that you were born without Adhiel Ears does not make me hate you"

Alu discreetly looked this way and that, there had to be somewhere that she could make for a quick escape. She prepared every muscle in her body - she was no stranger to acrobatics or dodging enemy blows, and she was expecting that she might need these fledgling skills to survive - if only there were some ledge or opening that she could reach and try to flee from there. There was no way she'd risk magic unaided again.

Her eyes flashed to the man with the bow, gentle pleading in her eyes - but Alu had her dignity (a trait she had to admit was deeply Adhiel) and was not prepared to beg.

"We don't need to do this" she said firmly "If Souffiane is still sore than let her come to me and I will pledge myself to make amends with her - I will not deny her that. But if you kill or maim me - know that I am revered by Lord Morniendur Baradan and Lord Argil Insuirinn, both powerful Lords of the Court. Unlike me - they bears humans no love ..... if they find me maimed, or worse, what will they do? With their personal forces at their backs how many humans will they slay to avenge me? ......... I don't wish to cause that inadvertantly.... " her voice tried to ring honest and true - both Argil and Morn were slightly amorous of her, to learn of her displeasure at the hands of humans might not stir the best of reactions - and no doubt Asht would bay for blood too .... Alu wanted none of this

"This has all been tit for tat for far too long. Please lads, if you will not let me pass, then let me talk to Dylan"

Edit: spelling
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

Post by Sebastian Beauvais »

"Don't you try to play the hero over the girl!" the leader warned her, glaring down menacingly at Alustariel. "If you had any respect for lives other'n your own kind, nobody'd be hurt."

While the big human berated her, clearly not swayed by her claims of helping to save the girl rather than kill her, Alustariel was able to more closely examine the street in which the toughs had her surrounded. Peeking between the tall bodies of the men closing in on her, she confirmed the street was reasonably wide here, being the main avenue to the North Gate, and was lined with low one and two-storey buildings. The style in the human quarters tended toward utilitarian rather than the flowing, open architecture of the richer adhiel areas, and the buildings appeared to mainly be residences interspersed with the occasional storefront. Off this main street were at least two alleys Alustariel could spot with her discreet glances, the one from which the toughs had emerged to accost her and another across the street, on the far side of two brick townhouses.

Despite her earnest arguments, neither her reasoning nor pleading seemed to stay the men. They were too deep within the sway of their leader's hatred, and not given to hearing logic other than their own. And when Alustariel dipped to threats of retribution from the Lords of the city, the leader once again seized upon her words and used them to fire up his little gang.

"Ha, let them come! Your threats just prove how bloody arrogant your kind are," he snorted, lips twisted into a snarl. "We've had enough of your holier-than-thou attitudes, bitch. We're not dogs, to slink away at the show of a raised hand. It's time you learned you're not the only ones who can shove a little!"
[color=orange]Avatar courtesy of Tazlure's own, the incredible Finley Ward![/color]
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Do as you like, and I will do the same. I'll not be held responsible for what follows" she said. These humans were more thick than she had given them credit. She was not of great stature at court - but any suffering at the hands of humans wouldn't go down well. If not personally by Morn, Argil or Asht - then the Adhiel would not take kindly to a female member of their race being taken advantage of by no less than six humans.

It was time to act. There was no more to be gained from banter. She estimated that she would be faster than they, being athletic and lightweight.

Hoping that conversation had lulled her opponents subtley, Alu made a dash for the alleyway on the opposite side of the street, keeping one eye on the man with the bow - if he tried to pull back the bowstring to fire she would need to try and dodge and use evasive action.

But as it was, there would be a man or two blocking her path to the second alleway. As she neared them she crouched low as she went and entered into a spinning kick to trip up her opposition and. She aimed just so high as their shins - hoping they would not recover in time to pursue her down the alley.

If she managed to trip them, she would then break into a sprint down the alley.

The others would follow then - if she made it past the circle, she would have to think quick to get out of this unscathed.
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Alustariel's dash for freedom didn't catch her attackers by as much surprise as she'd hoped. The bowman lifted his bow, knocking the arrow to let it fly after her if she made it past his comrades. But the adhiel lass had a difficult time keeping an eye on him as she shifted her attention to the two men that blocked her path.

She reached the man with the cudgel first and her foot connected in the sweeping kick with his shin. With a loud curse, he went down, clutching his injured leg. "Get the bitch," he called out to his companion with the bill hook.

Alu wasn't able to use the same trick twice. When her foot shot out for the next kick, he took half a step back to avoid it. Then with the speed of a viper, he reached out and captured it between strong hands. With brutish force, he pulled, throwing her off balance and tumbling her to the ground.

"Stupid adhiel cunt. Should have known better than to try to hurt Daithi with that weak kick," he grinned viciously. Still holding tight to her ankle, he bent her leg at an uncomfortable angle - not quite breaking it, but making it clear that he'd be able to without a moment's thought.

Lowering himself to her, his free hand roughly pressed against her left breast, his fingers biting painfully into the skin as he squeezed. His foul breath reached her nose as he leaned in to press his lips against her ear. "If we weren't here in the middle of this street, you'd find out just what Daithi can do," he whispered cruelly, finishing by trailing his wet tongue up to the point of her ear.

"But who says we have to stay in the street?" he added, switching his grip from her ankle to her wrist and rising back to his full height, hauling her up with him.
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Oh, Daithi, your such a charmer" she smiled wryly. Hidden fear gripped her however. She had no doubts on what this human wanted to achieve. There was only one chance now, she had to get out, and run down the main street. Whether or not it was the same way she came, or towards the North Gate. If she could break free from Daithi and with luck avoid the bowman, she would try and sprint again. If she could get free she would try to run down the main street for help.

Where was Cerleanabh's guards when you need them? Where was Loraith, where was Ashtallion?. She wished they could run around the corner and save her from this unfortunate predicament.

But she was a Battlemage in training - she had to use what fighting skills Alexu Auros had given her. She was an Urdil - she would not let them walk in and take her.

No man takes me easily.

Using her speed and agility Alustariel pulled herself close to her attacker, bringing her wrist to her mouth and clamped down hard on her attackers hand with her teeth. The other hand, fisted, flew into his gut, with her opponents hand grapsing a hook he was unlikely to try to grab her hand - yet she had to be fast lest he bat her fist away with it. If she winded him enough maybe he might drop it.

Lastly her knee deftly came up to connect with Daithi's groin. If he released her, she was standing, and had a good chance of bolting into a run again, and the moment she heard a bow-string 'twang' behind her, she could try to dodge evasively to one side.

But then again, she had to get past Daithi first.

Mother, be with me now. she sent a thought to her beloved goddess.
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

When Alu's teeth sunk into Daithi's wrist, his eyes widened in pain. Cursing loudly, his other hand lashed out, the bill hook connecting with her arm at the same time her fist connected with his stomach.

The slash wasn't as vicious as it would have been if her own attack hadn't come simultaneously, but it was painful none the less. Blood dripped down her arm, staining her skirt a bright crimson. If Alu tried to flex her arm, the pain would be even more severe, the cut damaging some of her muscle.

Her own damage made the knee to her attacker's groin an impossibility, but he seemed to be down for the moment, so she was able to try the next step of her plan - running.

She'd gotten three steps when she felt a sharp tug of her hair and she was pulled back, falling to the ground once more. The wound on her arm bled more freely, pooling beneath her on the cobblestones. Above her stood the leader of this group, his face purple with anger. With a swift kick, his boot connected with her stomach. "Stupid adhiel bitch," he spat as he swung his foot back for another strike. "All you do is cause harm to good humans. Shoulda let Daithi have his fun with you. Now there won't be enough left for even his fun."

Within a flicker, the other three men - the ones she hadn't confronted - surrounded her and began beating her savagely. Feet, clubs, fists - at first she could feel each blow land individually on her legs, her arms, her stomach, her face. Then they seemed to blur together in overwhelming pain as a foot connected with her already damaged arm. Through swollen eyes, the darkness started to take her over, crowding the edges of her vision.

Just as the last touch of darkness was about to swallow her, she heard an unfamiliar voice cry out, "Hey! You! What are you doing there?", followed by the blissful feeling of space around her once more and the sound of running feet. But before she had a chance to find out if any of those sounds were coming in her direction, the darkness covered her and she knew no more.

OOC: Feel free to add one more post for what Alu's thinking and feeling as this is happening. Then we can pick up in a new thread with her waking up when you return from your trip. Have a good time!
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

The bastards! It was all Alu could think, it had not tarnished her thought on humans - but one thing went through her mind - Daithi would pay! .... and when, at last, she had Daithi in her grip, she would extract each of the other names of those who beat her .... one by one they would recieve their just deserts.

Oh, Alu was a cultured woman, a free-thinking woman and an often calm and contemplative woman - but she was not above revenge or wrath. She would not let this cowardly act pass. But at the same time she made a solomn swear to the Mother that she would not implicate Ashtallion or Loraith - or anybody else for that matter - to help her in her bid to see these six men pay, this was her problem and alone she would solve it.

She numbed herself to the pain - preventing herself from crying out. She tried to mark the faces of the six through her swollen eyes as she felt her vision slip into darkness.

She would not kill or maim them .... at least not physically - for that would be too good for these cowardly dotards - but Alu could devise a million ways to make them rue their attack on her. Their mistake was leaving her alive.

And then, when her vision failed her, her ears did not. They heard the scattering of feet and the shout of voices. She could only hope that it was the voice of somebody who would take her someplace safe as finally she slipped into the oblivion of unconciousness.
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Tue May 02, 2006 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kislovan Archive”