Small weapons(all through the maze)

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

BardicPup

Small weapons(all through the maze)

Post by BardicPup »

During breakfast on the 4th of Samheen, a teacher none had noticed before came up to the newest of the assassins, informing them of a class in small blades to be held half a mark after breakfast. She introduced herself as Temhineen, one of the lesser experts on daggers and such. Her appearence was slight, even for a dark elf, but her muscles were well defined, and spoke of nearly unheard of grace. Her hair was dark, with strange silver streaks through it, dispite the fact she looked to be little older then those she would soon teach. Her dark clothing clung to her body, and appeared to move and bend with her movements as easily as her skin. A half cloak hung from her shoulders, unfastened to allow freedom of movement. It no doubt hid the weapons she carried, for none were visable.

When they entered the mid-sized room that would be their class, there was no sign of their teacher. a handful of chairs lined the walls, no doubt from another class. Other then that, the room was empty. An eary silence hung in the room, making those that entered uncomfortable. Had they entered the wrong room? Had the teacher told the wrong time for the class? What was going on here?

Post by Guest »

Murhek stood in the room, glancing around at the others - none of them seemed to be the woman who had approached him at the meal. Temhineen she was called wasn't she? Not a bad figure as he remembered, and she moved pretty well at that.

The young Mori'Quessir headed into a clearer space, wary of the possibility that this would be a staged ambush of some kind - training or otherwise. He observed the room silently, playing constantly with a knife held in one hand.
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

None of the others had arived yet. The room was hauntingly empty. As Murhek advanced into the room, a silent shadow began to climb down from the ceiling, suspended by a rope. Like a spider, she hung over her prey, dagger slipping to his throat, but not cutting. A feminine giggle greeted him.

Post by Guest »

Murhek paused, a faint grin spreading across his coldly attractive features - the knife in his hand still spinning. Then he dropped it, aiming to land it point down in the floor.

The Mori'Quessir stood there for a moment, then the room echoed to a slow applause. After a few claps, Murhek stopped applauding and spoke calmly and softly, with a subtly sarcastic ring to his voice.

"Manka lle no'kwara no'a tincmaeg, sut naa lle kwar no'a amin?"
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

Almost before he finished his question he found a second dagger in the same place, this one biting into flesh just a bit. "Lle naa haran e' nausalle. "The voice is that of the teacher that had told him of this class.

Post by Guest »

Mhurek smiled at the press of the latest dagger, his mouth cracking into a wry smile that he hide subtly from the figure hanging above him,

"Amin alae de yassen i'raukor n'yassen i'sheerim."

The assassin-in-training sniffed for a moment, then spoke up again, his voice dripping with sarcasm,

"Lle holma ve' edan."
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

Temhineen chuckles. "lle rina yamen'lle, kaielle. "

The dagger moves swiftly away from his throat, tracing an invisable line across Murhek's cheek. The line doesn't stay invisable for long, as red blood makes its path. "Lle rangwa amin? "

Post by Guest »

Murhek snorted slightly, hissing a reply,

"Antolle ulua sulrim. Dina."

Before he had even finished he was diving in the oppostie direction to that in which Temhineen's dagger had headed, aiming to roll as his hit the floor - right hand reaching inside it's sleeve for his dagger.
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

Before Murhek even finishs his roll, she is gone. He looks about the room, and sees plenty of shadows, but she doesn't seem to be in any of them. It's as though she vanished into thin air.

Slowly, Murhek begins to feel dizzy. The room appears to spin. His dagger drops to the floor as the teacher's laugh seems to fill the room. What was happening to him? Murhek could only guess as his imagination ran wild.
Last edited by BardicPup on Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Bah - all this high-tech editing malarky....

Murhek closed his eyes to block out the spinning of the room, feeling a warm sensation on the back of his head as a dull thud filtered into his deadened ears. He reached out for the knife, but found only cold flagstone. A single thought flared into his mind as he hissed at the unseen laugher, poison..

"Nadorhuan."

Then everything was black.[/i]
Last edited by Guest on Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

Look up. I think I edited while you were posting.

Post by Guest »

OOC: There you go - all changed. *grumbles about sneaksome poison-wielding teachers*
BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

OOC: Are you guys using the Elfspeak threads, or changing it after you post?

OOC2: And BardicPup, how could I post here if I'm already IN the maze?
Last edited by BlackMamba on Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Well, I'm using the Lexicon threads yeah - but the Pup has used a couple of words that weren't in there - though he most likley made them up :P
BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

Kelmreth poked his head into the area where the course was happening.

"Quel re."
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

Timestamp: Samheen 5th, Morningtide.

OOC: GAH! Forgot to timestamp. Kelmreth, you can post here because this is several days after the maze. And Murhek..... *thwap* I had help from the creator of the lexicon. Btw, I'm gona post an announcement, asking everyone who uses elven to post what it means in (), as not everyone that reads these threads knows elven, and is willing to check the lexicon every 5 minutes, not to mention not everything is in the lexicon. Thank you.

IC: As Kelmreth enters, he sees a fellow student lying on the floor, apparently resting. A dagger lies nearby him. The body belongs to one Murhek, a man that made his way though the maze the same day as Kelmreth had. The teacher is leaning against the wall, waiting for the next student.

She looks up as Kelmreth enters. "Ah, you made it. Care to test your skills with me, or wait for your fellow student to wake up? "
BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

"Indeed. Let us try."

Kelmreth waited for the teacher to instruct him.
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

Temhineen grins. Today just might turn out to be entertaining after all. She drew a dagger and began to circle Kelmreth, offering him the first move. "Remember, the enemies first move could well be your last. "
BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

Kelmreth eyed him warily, drawing a dagger of his own, but palming a second one in his left hand, which he kept angled down and slightly closed so that the instructor couldn't see it, keeping his stance natural and easy to allay any suspicion.

He started circling with the instructor, watching, waiting. His eyes tracked up and down her form, watching her balance, her agility and speed, eying her for small motions and movements that would hint as to her intended actions and responses. He stepped forward quickly, once, and then stepped back, continuing to circle.
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

Temhineen Watchs as Kelmreth steps in, only to hop back. She chuckles as she watchs, continueing to circle. "You can never win if you don't strike. Attack me. "Teasingly she adds, "Don't worry, I'll be gentle. "
Last edited by BardicPup on Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

OOC: Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, he JAB stepped, that means he didn't get anywhere near her, and certainly not close enough for that to happen.
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

Editted
BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

Kelmreth eyed the instructor with an arched eybrow.

"If you're so confident, why don't you make the first strike?" Kelmreth bobbed his eyebrows, watching his opponent, but not directly. He caught her movements just off-center, watching for movement and reacting on instinct.
BardicPup

Post by BardicPup »

Temhineen laughs. "I was trying to give you a semblence of a chance. If you don't want it, though, very well. Be on your guard, little one. "

That said, she circles a quarter circle more, then hops back the same distance, and hops forward, dagger flashing forward in a short thrust, not intended to reach him, and a second, full thrust, aimed low to the belly, with a slight wrist flick.
BlackMamba

Post by BlackMamba »

Kelmreth spins off, slashing as he goes and then ducking and rolling to the side, popping up behind the instructor, but dancing out of reach.

"I am not here to be given a chance, I am here to learn and improve."

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”