Haunted Eyes Upon the Throne (Samheen 27) (Open)

Moderator: Mods

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Ashtallion returned the tight hug from Syra, hoping she would find solace and security in the embrace. Here was a young girl whom he had met but once before, yet he knew her worth already, they had shared a nightmare and her strength had impressed him, her spirit and fire overwhelmed him at times. She did not possess the magical power he did, yet it had not stopped her confronting demons of terrifying magnitude. That someone as young as she could only served to bolster his own resolve and determination.

Upon being introduced to Sevti, the fact she was a friend of Syra's allowed the mage to address her warmly, " I know Syrawenn from another dream yes. Perhaps not of the same kind, but it held its own adventures...... she surprised me greatly and still continues to do so. ", he turned a kind eye to her, smiling softly. " Such strength. ", shaking his head, seemingly trying to rid himself of some thought. " Tis a pleasure to meet you, Sevti. I pray you possess even a fraction of her spirit, I fear you will need it to survive this trial.. ", his words were uttered under his breath to her and he gave her a sly wink.

Nodding in return to Loraith, he suppressed the desire to wince at the title of Master Magus. If only such were true Loraith....if only..., this thought brought his attention once more to Fauna. Her presence loomed over him like a dark and unperdictable cloud. His own heart ached at the thought of such a friendship lost, and thundered at the possibilty of power. Even her response to Rosalie struck a cord in his mind. Flowery words, but he knew that such ambitions spoken by Fauna would be real dreams.... no...not just dreams.... they were goals.

He wanted the Sorceress by herself. Fear was not such she inspired in him, but certainly an intense unease. The adhiel mage needed to test the limits of her magic if possible, if only she would unveil herself in her full might then he could judge more accurately.
Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

Sean glowered at Syrawenn the way only brothers could. It was a face of pure frustration and annoyance that his sister was being so completely unreasonable.

He leaned in to answer Andolin's question.

"She was supposed to marry the Ceasar my lord!"

He replied in a low voice that was thick and tight with anger. Sean was ever a patient soul, and he had been tested many times over in his service to the One and as an officer in the Pax Honestus. But the poor man was truly at his breaking point.

Everything had pointed to this. He had prayed for signs and guidance from the One time and again and he had prayed doubly hard for patience and strength in dealing with Syrawenn, the One knew what a difficult creature she could be.

He had worked hard to arrange all the necessities. Written permission from the family, sanctioning from the Church and his confessor. He had brought her all the way here to better her life and give her something, anything, to enrich her so that she might see the light and change her wild ways.

He absently rubbed the bite mark she had left on his arm. His eyes threw daggers in her direction that she would do this to him in front of all these people. He had been so incredibly disgusted with her that he thought binding her hands to restrict her might calm her down, but it only seemed to make the hellcat angrier. That little thought made his blood boil. That she would refuse him outright and not even listen to reason. It was time to make her see the light, even if he had to debase and embarrass himself in front of all these fine people. SHe would simply not be allowed to throw herself into disfavor with the Lord and One God. As her elder brother, he could not allow that to happen.

"Syrawenn Lwyn you will behave like a proper lady and apologize to all these fine people. The One has blessed this union and you will respect that! You must respect that! Now get over here and stop acting like a spoiled little brat! His majesty is expecting that you behave properly and introduce yourself like a lady!"

"AT ONCE!"
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Again Jolanda felt reproved by Loraith, her confidence wavered as she looked towards each person he cited; Andolin, Fauna, Ashtallion... then the others whom Loraith seemed to consider as chaff whispering about these great one's feet.

His question caught her to silence, What am I doing here?, though the derogatory after notes of his question drew anger into her eyes. "Perhaps I am here for your pleasure?" she glowered in sarcasm, did he think her some wanton courtesan? Am I? No... surely not. Though the seeds of doubt he placed within her mind sprouted in the fecund soil of her imagination.

"Misjudgement, I know not who's had delivered me into this company today," she replied with a look towards Rosalie, "There is little reason but protectiveness that has me here, only to find it is my own spirits harassed." So saying, and realizing her absence of any purpose, she withdrew across the room even as Vanadius exploded at his sister demanding that she apologise. Poor man, she thought to herself, grateful she had none to fret over as he did his sister.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

This dream was getting stranger and stranger. First, Rosalie attempted to take charge of the rabble. It marked her as a leader, for leaders seized the initiative when opportunity presented itself, while the followers were content to cluck amongst themselves like chickens. His esteem for Rosalie grew at that moment. She knew how to play the game. It was a pity that the others did not.

Then, Scatha moved close and offered to play a game of show me yours and I'll show you mine. Frankly, that was the best offer he had in many marks, he supposed. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours. If you want to play, then you go first." The girl was likely too young to be suggestive with, he could not help himself. As she leaned in to poke his ribs, he whispered back, "yes, I would like you to show me yours and I will show you mine ... but maybe later ... in private." He gave her a wink and hoped she would at least blush. If she was oblivious to it, then she would be absolutely no fun, he was convinced. Frankly, his retort was hardly one worthy of a Caesar. She was already having the effect of making him think childishly. If she were to remain around him much longer, who knew how low he might descend? Trying to sound more adult, he added, "I insist that ladies go first. It is my game, as you note, so I establish the rules."

Just as he was enjoying toying with Scatha, Syrawenn's brother announced he planned to marry her to Caesar! It was all he could do to prevent a hysterical laugh. If the man intended a jest, then he had succeeded wildly. If not ... he deserved to be horsewhipped. That hellion should not be married to anyone other than a 14 year old sheepherder who could chase after her. Andolin really wanted to unbraid the young fool for his wishes, that were more than ludicrous -- they were downright offensive. He fought down a snicker.

As he was preparing a response, Langredoc spoke in a way that marked himself a commoner simpleton. The poor might wish for a real meal. He wanted to roll his eyes and cast up upon the floor his last meal at such sanctimonious prattle. How dare he insult the only true lady here?

"I think," Andolin uttered aloud to Sean, "that as Caesar, you should heed my words. She is not meant for me. Syrawenn Lynn should marry him!" He pointed at Langredoc. "There is a man who understands what is of true value." It was all he could do to banish the mockery from his voice. "Your sister is not meant for silks and finery. She needs an honest man who speaks his heart." Andolin was neither. "That is why he appeared in this dream," he lied. Really, this was the best way to punish them both was to match Syrawenn with Langredoc. Yes, let them talk of eating plain bread together. He supposed the man could marry Scatha as well. The three of them would get along marvelously. Maybe they could buy a farm together. maybe he would help them ... especially if they left soon.

Yet, Andolin's amusement with his own cleverness was cut short by Fauna. She continued to surprise him at every step this night. "Perhaps... The Bride of the One? It would be nice to see you kneel and pray to me." She, a woman who would no doubt have intercourse with a demon was talking about becoming the Bride of the One? there was only one word for it. Insanity. Fauna was all but frothing at the mouth in her madness. He wondered if she was this way in the waking world. The One would burn her at the stake with nary a care at her desire for wedlock with him. Good help is so hard to find these days.

He needed to change the subject to keep from fearing that he might have to do something with Fauna. She was such a lovely creature. She should be protecting him by day and warming his bed by night, not threatening everyone as if she were the evil half sister of the Mother.

So, he tried to coax Scatha again. "Your wishes my dear Scatha. Ladies first, please share them." Before she could speak, he was already guessing them in his mind. [i] A closet full of jam ... more cows in the palace ....
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

For a mere flicker Langredoc was off guard because of the reactions around him. And the clear abuse of the woman called Syrawenn. But then the man Andolin acted in a very highborn way. And anger rushed through his body.

So thats the man who they call ceasar

A grin of anger appeared on his face and when the man finished his words he exploded with words resounding with irony before anybody else could.

"I would be honoured if the lady would offer me her love and hand in marriage. It is well known to the whores in many a place, what nobility thinks of that m... word..., and I am glad that you, kind sir, show a prime example of its importance ! And that she for sure won't have to suffer in your bed because of it."

He ended with a mocking bow of respect.

"Now I understand why they say that there are leaders of men, and ceasars..."

I should keep my mouth shut..... Nah..

He just changed his stance so he could face any non verbal attack as well. Somehow he had a feeling that the red warrior laughed somewhere far away.

The thought brought his smile back. While he turned his back to the man called Andolin, showing him that there where more important people here then him. Like the woman called Syrawenn, and the other lady with the cute smile and very attractive personality.

He was alert and battleready, his face did did just not show it........ there was to much to see and admire in this place.

Living in interesting times... I am glad that its just a dream.
Last edited by Langredoc on Fri May 12, 2006 8:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha grinned at the fox-like man's reply; the last time someone used a line like that, they tried to kiss me behind the cow shed. And I bit their lip.... it took ages for the scabs to heal and drop off. "Oh, but the first objective of any game is to get people to play," she said poutily. "Can't play any game unless you have people to play with, and have rules that everyone agrees with. Otherwise its not a game, is it? And you don't seem to be the sort of person who just plays with himself. I could be wrong, of course."

She winked at the fox-like man, and ate the last of her sandwiches; "Besides, I'm not a lady," she said cheerfully, through jam and crust. "So your rules don't apply to me. Go on, you say one of the first things you'll do if you become Caesar, and then I'll tell you one of my wishes. That's fair, isn't it? And besides, even if I'm not a lady, you get to show all these beautiful people just how much of a gentleman you are by going first."

Scatha was rather enjoying this dream, especially the jam sandwiches, and was hopeful that jelly might be forthcoming. She turned her attention back to the fox-like man; "I suppose that, as this is a dream, then anyone can wish for anything... and it should appear, shouldn't it...?"
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Fri May 12, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image by kind permission of Peter Town - check out his great work at Elfwood!

"Cleavage & attitude can carry a girl a *long* way"

Post by Guest »

Loraith found himself alone again, rather angry that both his charges had succesfully evaded him he cast a glance back to Fauna, he did not want instruction, nay he merely communicated his displeasure with events at present. He was so angry he even gave up his strict grasp of etiquette and cast an angry look at Sean. if Andolin was prepared to humour him the he was a calmer man than Loraith, and Loraith had a desire to pick a fight. He strode for the first time into the center of the room and locked eyes with this cretin Sean.

"You wish the girl to introduce herself as a Lady, I suggest you first behave like a gentleman and not a dirvish." He put a big hand on Sean's shoulder "Do not raise your voice again in front of such illustrious company, to do so shows much disrespect and I will myself fling you from this room if you continue with this brash charade." He took a step back and crossed his hands in front of his chest and watched the man, as his Lord launched yet another witty and brilliant reposte ( or so Loraith was obliged to think) he smiled. There was a disturbing amount of poor people about, they needed to be put in place properly.
Last edited by Guest on Fri May 12, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Ashtallion suppressed a sigh at Loraiths words to Sean. True, Syra's brother should show some restraint when in the presence of a man whom called himself Ceasar. What concerned Asht more was the fact that the half breed regarded Fauna with something more than a curious glance, the look seemed to be searching for instructions and it wasn't the first time the adhiel mage had seen him look to the dark sorcereress.

What hold do you have over the achadhiel, Sorceress? And Loraith, do you even know the woman whom you have such an aquaintence with? Perhaps I should enlighten you at some point.

Although not overtly concerned for the man's well being, he was still troubled by his connection to Fauna. One he intended to break if possible.
Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

Rosalie laughed throatily at all the diverse reactions to her taunting, obviously enjoying herself. The veiled lady had declined to answer so far, but the others were delightful.

Amusement played in her amber eyes as she observed Sevti, obviously rilled by her insults. "Ladies who fight with more than words? How improper. Then again all but the arts seem improper non?" Sevti turned away but Rosalie had found different sport.

Scatha challenged her and the Ceasar-to-be to start first. Of course Rosalie would not. The whole point was to hide her wishes forever, in pretty words. "Ah, milady, am I far from guessing it would be more sandwiches," she teased seeing how they disappeared one by one. Was Lord Azarin flirting with the farm lady? It lowered him in her eyes. Perhaps she was another candidate.. but a farm girl? He was almost at ease with her, and that other bumbling lady that choose to shout with her relatives.

When Langredoc spoke, her eyes narrowed. "I am no noble," she hissed, "thank you kindly." Rosalie's chin went up arrogantly "Why would I want to be part of the aristocracy who claim tradition gives them the right to lazy about on the backs of those that they have subjected and keep as their serfs? Those adhiel lords of Kislovan or indeed the old lords of World's Mouth would like to think themselves superior, yet they have earned nothing for themselves. Stagnation will be their downfall as progress passes them by. No, signor, I am no noble by choice, so save me your rants on them." Rosalie would have said more, but she refused to be baited. With a snort she turned her back on Langredoc. It was of course the ultimate irony that in the waking world Rosalie was planning to become part of the Imperial nobility, an aspect of her pending marriage to Marcada that she had not yet considered to its fullest.

Fauna turned her regards upon the consul and Rosalie's eyes widened in shock at the blasphemy the dark woman uttered. All she could do was laugh out loud, half hartedly hiding it behind her fan "Oh surely.. madam.. you realize that the One God Dominicus, blesseth be his name, has no such worldly concerns like some of the gods of the Empire? He is not concerned with finding a bride, I can assure you." He will squash you like the succubus that you are, filthy woman. Rosalie shook her head about such nonsense "No, the fires of the Purificatio will burn you to a crisp for saying such words, so have a care. You are not outside their reach for ever. Kneeling to them would not save you, only your immortal soul." Her eyes wandered to the window again, where the blue sky was displayed.

Rosalie's eyes went back to the crowd, and she held her hand dramatically to her forehead as she declared "Ah, but why would I partake in your silly game, non? I shall never be Ceasari. I am but a prisoner here, a hostage held at swordpoint. Such is the politics of the Empire that they fight their wars over the fate of helpless women. At least in the Mouth honor demands the weaker sex is protected above all else."
Last edited by Rosalie Marcada on Sat May 13, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

Alexandrya felt the colors, people, and noises were causing a headache. Anytime Rosalie's voice sliced the room's noise it brought a chill down her spine. She listened as the Mouthy lady pointed her fan at her and inquired about what her wishes were. My wish is for you to stop giving me the creeps... Of course, her expression remained clear of emotion and conveyed her boredom in all the squabblings.

The laughter seemed to slither up her spine and caused her to shiver a bit. It was almost the same dread that she felt when Fauna spoke but still on a different scale of...terror? She frowned, how silly...why would I be afraid of this woman?

It did not help her aching head that Sean was yelling at his little sister and his argument just seemed to add more fuel to the fire in any free spirit. She could not help but watch the exchanges and just not heed Rosalie's bait. She was not here to become Caesarii but then why would she be dressed in such a state and be thrust into the dream world once again?

As she just watched things unfold, she noticed Rosalie's venom had actually hit another formidable opponent. She watched with curiosity as Fauna and Rosalie butt heads and she frowned slightly at the mention of the Purificatio. Hurtful words...I will bet Rosalie never had the threat of fires licking at her feet. I would never wish that end as well as all that have been falsely accused...even those that might deserve it...Fauna...

"It seems that too much power in the wrong hands will upend the precarious balance that needs to be maintained. It may seem that ultimate power might be the answer for most, but sadly, there will always be someone better to knock them off each other's lofty perch. We just wish that it is not a warped power that will just cause more misery and pain." She directed the gaze at Fauna and gave a quick glance at Rosalie.

"Peace is never a likely option because of this never-ending balance that needs to occur by blood as well as negotiations, but I wish that someday people will get too tired for this ridiculous power game and perhaps have a vacation every now and then from the blood shed, pain, and tears." Her eyes narrowed at Rosalie, "As for your comments of the Purificatio and how the Mouth honors the demands on the weaker sex, perhaps you should remember how well the Mouth honor all the victims of the corruption and death that has befallen the innocents as well as the prejudice that runs rampant in that fair city." Her eyes flashed as all the hatred seemed the swirl around her as the pain seemed to pierce her skull and play with her eyes. "Soon there will be a cleansing of fire and the ones that execute judgment will need to be prepared for judgment as well." She growled, "THIS is my wish." As she looked at the Caesar, her eye bright with an angry fire as she tried to ward off all the filth that she felt from the selfishness that seemed to reign in Lord Azarin's court.

She also looked towards Sean as an afterthought and tried to speak calmly but failed as the heat presented itself, "Leave your sister alone, if she does not wish to marry, she should not need to. You demanding her will not make her compliant, in fact, I can understand why she will fight you tooth and nail. Perhaps, you should consider more of your own self and not seem like the bane of your sister's existance." She could not let the anger go as she tried to shut her mouth. She did refrain from any further speech when her eyes had glanced off of Loraith and some of the others. Alexandrya promptly looked to the floor and stared at her shoes, "My...apologises, Caesar, perhaps my aching head has affected my tongue." She tried to sound as humble as she could. It is your court after all...
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

Silly little power games... Fialessa grew bored, that was not something she enjoyed. Her wish was not to be Caesari. It was Sevti's retort that caught her attention first beyond the bickering and noise. The girl was a Panling to be sure, and she could not help but silently support her words to Rosalie with a tiny nod of her own head. Strange that in odd situations one seeks a common ground with another...

It was not her way to let loose at the lips and drop out everything that came to her head. Instead she followed the other's words around the room. Taking in what it seemed each felt of each other. Oh and they felt so much, angry words spitting forth like rain from the skies. Her glance fell on Andolin for a flicker, oh what a happy grouping he'd drawn forth. She continued taking in the words, Fauna's and Rosalie's and Alexandra's...

Her eyebrow rose a touch, softly spoken she didn't stress her voice but it was clear enough, “She professes to be a prisoner and yet dares then to insult others who have nothing to do with her captive state. She does not win friends that way, and in fact turns more against her, threatening with the Purificato. Perhaps one day those that burn others will experience the suffering they have exacted. I wonder what you would do if you were made to understand fully what it is that your venom spits at others? You and your kind. Perhaps that would be the better wish... You are ignorant and blind to it and yet you think you suffer...” Fia's head shook, her red tresses trembling with the movement like a wave of flames. Anyone in the room knew that one was anything but helpless.

Her attention shifted back to the Lord that had dreamed for them all to arrive, how he must feel when all eyes fall away from him...
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Things continued to be a swirl of activity. Langredoc, regardless of the fact that Andolin had given no outwards signs of the contempt he held for the pauper, seemed to be able to read Andolin's every thought. I thought that impossible here in the aether. I shall have to learn the man's secret. He had a good mind to summon his aetheric guards and have Langerdoc escorted from the palace.

But Scatha caught his attention again with her pouting. She winked when she mentioned the possibility he might play with himself, which caused him to wonder whether she might be more clever, and worldly, than he had given her credit for. He would have laughed if a lady had uttered such an insult, but he gazed down at her diminutive features (secretly assessing the cleavage of which she was so proud) and determined that it had been mere coincidence. "Very well," he sighed, even though he could guess each of her wishes. Perhaps he should wish for an apron to shield himself from the flying debris emitting from her mouth. "I would have unity and order in the Empire. That's two wishes," he noted in case she could not count.

He was prepared to hear her fantasies involving barnyard dances when Rosalie grabbed center stage, proclaiming to the world that she was his prisoner. He was about to correct her, but thought better of it when she began to make references to the fires of the Inquisitors of the One. It seemed to have the desired effect on more than one woman in the crowd. Both Alazandra and Fialessa were quick to criticize Rosalie's invocation of religious intolerance.

As Alazandra attempted to apologize to him, Andolin waved off her apology. "A cleansing fire of judgment upon the judges? How interesting." He was wondering how he could use the idea to his advantage. It seemed to be a good phrase to beguile the oppressed into thinking that he might be their savior.

"As for you, Lady Rosalie, you are of the fairer sex, there is no doubt about it. And, I suppose you are my prisoner. So, what should I do to punish you for upsetting my guests?"

To Fialessa and Alazandra he smiled in a protective way. They were his subjects after all. "Lady Rosalie, you wish for ultimate power ... so I think it is imprisonment that you fear the most. Yes, you shall be my prisoner." He could already envision her chained to a wall with manacles. Maybe it would be a small cell ... where she did not have her servant with her ... and maybe she would be blindfolded with her arms chained above her head ... and maybe her clothing might have inadvertently been torn asunder ... and he might come into her cell quietly ... an imperial scepter of ebony and silver in his hand ... and the coolness of the metal might caress the warmth of her flesh ...

Yes, the more he thought on it, the more he was coming to the conclusion that he would need to punish her for upsetting the lovely Fialessa and Alazandra. Maybe they could help him punish her. This dream was getting better all the time.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

"Your Imperial Majesty..." Fauna tentatively stepped forward and leaned closer to the Ceasar, washing him with the scent of her feminine perfume. She was his advisor and it was her duty to advise the Emperor of the Seven Isles whether a decisions shows merit or not. In this, she was ever loyal.

"My Ceasar..." She began again, her cold whisper carrying around, her cold, dispassionate eyes washing over the Lady Rose and then sweeping over Ashtallion and then back to the Ceasar. "The Lady of the West deserve not this maltreatment. Have I not learned from your very own feet that one should be gentle and careful. I must advice you that you are thinking quite hastily. The Lady of the West is your prisoner and your hostage. The Ceasar must remember why she is your prisoner. Any..." She paused. "...further incarceration and maltreatment done to the Lady will severe the ties between the West and the East. Is it not unity your wish, My Ceasar? Unity under your banner? I must advice you that you speak in haste."

Fauna stood erect, and stared at the Lady of the West. "Let me advise you of a fitting punishment for the Lady Lo Russo."

It was more than a flicker that she stood, cold eyes locked with the Lady fo the West, and then, a small sly smile crept up her red lips. My gift for you, Lady Rose. "Marriage to the Ceasar..." Her small, sibilant whisper carried around the the throne room.

And then she leaned closer to the Ceasar Azarin and whispered. "Will it not cement the ties between the East and the West?"
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Tue May 16, 2006 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha was delighted. Not only had she got a straight answer (two straight answers, to be precise) out of the fox-like man, but now there were going to be two marriages. Scatha loved weddings; it always meant cake, lots of cider, dancing, and a new dress from the market. "I'm so pleased for all four of you," she said with a beaming smile. "Have you thought about bridemaids?" Scatha was just longing to be asked. It just seemed to be that sort of dream.
Image by kind permission of Peter Town - check out his great work at Elfwood!

"Cleavage & attitude can carry a girl a *long* way"
Rosalie Marcada

Rosalie had to hide her amusement behind another dramatic sigh. She had used what tools she had to force many people in the room to reveal themselves, and reveal themselves was just what they did with their impassionate speeches on why the consul was such a bitch. From a naive call for world peace to panlings frothing at the mouth. Oh... how they were all completely unsuitable to a life as the Ceasari or even Ceasar's bride. It gave her a small measure of satisfaction that in this small way she had fought like a soldier. For the consul did not believe in world peace, not at this time, in the middle of war the Empire did not even knew it was in yet. This redheaded lady appeared the be the only one to understand the situation, intuitively.

Now it was time for Andolin Azarin to reveal himself. Had Rose been a mindreader she might have blushed deeply at the improper thoughts he was entertaining. There were few restrictions the merchantprincess ever met, but the area his thoughts were pondering were in a way her weakness. In the Mouth a lady doesn't admit to having such unpure thoughts. Surely she would be disgusted, desperate for her escape, fighting the exotic feeling despite herself. Thankfully for Andolin, Rose did not mindread. She only felt a small shiver go through her body as his dark eyes held her prisoner more than anything else.

"You all appear to know me, and my countrymen, so well," Rosalie said softly, surprised at the small tremble in her naturaly low voice, her dark lip quivering only to those with a sharp eye. She was treading dangerous ground that made her feel uncomfortable. What had started out as a political game suddenly came too close. "Yet have you ever stopped and tried to put yourself in my place? To be so far away from those you love? To be forced to be a soldier at court? alone.." That last word struck a chord within her for she was lonely, with only dear Jolanda for company. "Should I choose my own punishment, milord? I'd say that being away from the Mouth already hurt me more than anything else you could come up with."

Then Fauna spoke, with such an unspeakable suggestion in her false voice. The petite woman looked at the sorceress in horror. To be away from the Mouth.. forever, without anybody being able to save her. Rosalie decided this was the perfect time for a faint. She collapsed on the floor with a soft "ooooh", a perfectly executed gesture.
Last edited by Rosalie Marcada on Tue May 16, 2006 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

The anger that had filled Langredoc, washed away when the woman hissed at him. . Although his eyes would probably betray his amusement did he make sure that his face would not. He wondered why this woman was so .... touchy about being a noble while she was was clearly one herself. Or atleast trying to be one... and those where in Langredoc's book the worst of all.

And then she fainted, or so it seemed. The question was would it be real or not...he had heard of this kind of noble or highclass whore things.

He remembered a woman say "O lord, all that blood it makes me faint..." and then she dropped in his arms. A bit like this.

Suspision was eating at his mind. Well there was a true way to find out. So he approached the fainted woman because her reaction was a challenge and so, to hard to ignore, he had to respond to this fullofherself and otherwise odd type noble. So he spoke softly and clear, in a tone that would suggest that he was just ordering something to eat... If it was a trick... so would react...if it was not he had to help.

"Fainting is such a noble lady thing thing to do..... I guess that you never look in a mirror then, kind lady, when they hate nobility so much.. Because for most people judge by appearance and behavior, not a written paper with a title on it, what most can't read anyway. And I have to say lady that you behave like a real noble lady in almost every aspect. Except your turning away from me... that was just very.... tempting..it shows you from what I guess is your best side..And I have to ask do you do this for every man ?"

A odd dream it was, but his gut feeling told him that these words although spoken in a tempt to let this lady speak out her real mind...what already happened once. Did ring with a sound of truth....and that was not so.... save...

Then he stepped aside, just a littlebit, to make sure that if the Lady would react.. he was not there where she expected him to be. And he waited until he was sure that she had fainted...or not.
Last edited by Langredoc on Tue May 16, 2006 8:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

For a few flicker of a moment, Fauna’s cold, blue eyes turned to Scatha with a bit of bemused amusement. She could have laughed out loud, her silvery peals of laughter, like tittering bells, would have echoed around the throne, unfortunately, she could not. Decorum and etiquette were forced into her by her patron, Lord Azarin, and all she could do was smile fondly at the farm-girl, albeit, for a few flickers of that moment before impassive coldness crept back again upon her white, flawless face. If she had the time, she would like to talk further with this farm-girl from Dort(?) and perhaps, make her over. A few gowns and dresses from Audreys, a few memorized civil speeches and a small etiquette could, perchance, mold this young girl into something more…

Ladylike? Er—I think not.

But then, her impassive look was replaced again by a wry amusement, her well-plucked eyebrows arching and her red lips pouting, trying to stifle the laughter that could, in any flickering moment, burst out of her mouth. Fauna was not new to cheap theatrics, and what the Lady of the West did was a page right out of her style.

“I do believe the Lady of the West is so happy with the idea that she cannot contain herself but be speechless and swoon before your august presence, My Lord Ceasar.” Fauna commented, her voice silent and sibilant, though a hint of dry mirth could be heard from her cold voice. “But then, who cannot but swoon before your Imperial presence, My Ceasar? Allow me to greet you first with my felicitations, My Imperial Majesty. I believe it is Lady Lo Russo’s obligation, her duty and her honor as a Lady of the West, to accept.” She paused and then turned, looking at Lord Azarin, the man who taught her well.

“And as well as yours, My Lord Ceasar.” A Ceasar was always alone, and only duty and obligation were his companionship. “It would be an honor and your duty as well, My Imperial Majesty, a fitting solution with the chaos of what’s happening between the East and the West.”

“And…” She turned and swept her cold, blue eyes around the audience room. Her face showing that whomsoever challenge her speech would immediately combust with sickening pain. “…along with Lady Scatha, the rest of your subjects are overwhelming with happiness..”

“Am I right?” She asked the audience with a threatening hint and then and slowly stepped sideways, gracefully clapping with her slim hands for the august “decision” of the Ceasar.

Of course, she hoped that the Lord Azarin could see through the idea, that as a Westerner and a devotee of Dominicus, the women of the West would be under their husband, Lady lo Russo merely a follower of the whims and decision of Lord Azarin. And the good thing about it was, it would be sanctioned, not only by the Church of Dominicus, but by the Churches of the Seven Isles as well to make it proper and binding.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

Alexandrya had a feeling that all of the conversation was to learn about each of them and their reactions to certain situations especially when she would never really speak up most of the time. Even I have buttons that people can push. This made her own eyes narrowed at the Mouthy woman's manipulation. Of course, she had to casually lift her hand to her own lips to suppress a smirk from appearing and played it off as contemplation when Fauna exacted her own bit of revenge on Rosalie.

A brow raised slightly as Rosalie fell to the ground in a theatrical swoon that even the little actress would have applauded and was very curious to see how this little play unfolded as two prima donnas vied for center stage.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Fauna was a creature of contrasts. One moment she was ordering and threatening people as if she were a goddess while, in the next moment, she was a mere advisor and marriage counselor. It had Andolin wonder what really went on inside that pretty head of hers. On the other hand, perhaps there were some things best left undiscovered. It was possible that she was just insane. If so, even insane persons had their uses, but they had to be held at arms length.

Scatha was quick to avoid providing her own wishes, he noted, in favor of soliciting a bridesmaid status. Perhaps it was just as well. He could not imagine that she could conjure anything that would not be a mockery.

It was Rosalie that grabbed center stage again. He expected no less from a true ambitious noble. Frankly, he thought her attempt to gain sympathy about being so far from home rang hollow. The allusion to her being a soldier was probably more apt. I think the swoon was a bit overdone. Really, having someone propose marriage to me is hardly the sort of thing that would make a noble lady swoon ... unless she was in my arms of course.

No, had Fauna proposed Langerdoc as her husband instead, he could imagine her swooning in horror. Speaking of which, the spokesman for the poor approach Rosalie's fallen form and proceeded to mock her. See, Rosalie, your swoon was wasted on persons such as these. You will have to be a better judge of people here if you would manipulate them as you wish.

"Lady Fauna, fear not, I would never seek to harm a guest of mine. I will ensure that her captivity is as humane as possible. As for your suggestion that I marry her ... I suppose I will need to wed someone from the West. She does have a certain ... attraction, I will admit, but I need to find the lady that is closest to King Balthasar's heart, I should think. A marriage to a merchant's daughter may not be sufficient to secure a peace." Of course, merchants in the Mouth were the true power holders. Still, there was no reason to acknowledge that -- as he was supposedly a Duke from World's Mouth.

Summoning a squad of Imperial Guard in his mind, Andolin instructed them, "take the Lady Rosalie to my chambers ... gently. Let her recover on my own very bed." He imagined his chambers being right next to this very throne room so that they would not have to carry her far. "If she resists ... restrain her upon the bed."

Now what was he to do? The thought of having Rosalie as his prisoner was interesting. He could question her about what she knew of Western plots, thinking of creative ways to loosen her tongue. The rest of this assortment of humanity was becoming more of an inconvenience than anything else. They did not seem to hold any particular intriguing promise.

There was Scatha. She was one he should handle gingerly, he supposed. "So, Scatha, I believe you owe me some wishes." That would serve to distract attention away from Rosalie for the moment.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

So many people were talking at the same time and even more held their relative peace while that bitch behind the throne was trying to hide her backstabs. In the meantime Sean admitted to his ridiculous plan, which was thankfully shot to pieces by not just one person but multiple!

Syrawenn cast a grin in Alexandrya's direction. Now there was a girl with common sense! If only Sean posessed more of that! The caesar wasn't half bad either. At least he saw the folly of this whole excercise.

But Sean...

The grin intantly turned into a scowl and while Rosalie played out her swoony-cuty-card Syra stepped up to her brother. Obviously he was trying to goad her into behaving because they happened to be in a crowd. How incredibly fortunate to have that crowd more interested in other happenings, leaving her quite free to do what needed to be done.

Fauna was jumping to conclusions behind her back, gaining half of the hyperactive youngster's attention.

Half...There was something else to be settled.

"I'll apologize alright," She hissed at her brother, arms losely folded. "I'll apologize for my DORK of a brother! I'll apologize for being related to the MORON who thinks he can throw me in some important guy's arms and assume I belong there! I GOT a guy already, thank you very much, and it so happens that I like him a lot and the rest of this crowd does not seem to agree with you either. So why don't you blush nicely, stammer some pleasantries and throw in a little 'Hail domininny' or two before you shuffle out of this room, eh? I just found a couple of friends I'd like to talk to. See ya!"

He might have expected kicks and fwaps and a lot of yelling, but Syrawenn decided that this was more fun right now.

Never do what they expect.

The girl turned on her heels, seemingly forgetting all about Sean and his insane ideas. Fauna's weird ideas about marriage actually made her forget!

"What the....so the caesar got a girl imprisoned and Fauna translates that to marriage? That is...wow...marriage really sucks, doesn't it?" She grinned at Alexandrya. "Don't you think a ferret up that gal's leg would be a great way to see what she's actually made of?" A finger pointed at the wizardress behind the throne. It would be very interesting to see what the woman was capable of.

"Now where to get a ferret..." Syrawenn mused, seeing Langredoc taking care of the unconscious prisoner. Of course this Andolin guy found a way to make it into a...waaaait a minute, I know him! Black 'n white guy!

Flashes of dancing and bumbling bees played through her mind. So he wasn't a caesar before...just some noble...wow...what the flip is happening to the world?

Langredoc from the future....surprise pregnancies. With a jolt Syrawenn jumped out of her musings and poked Sevti with her elbow. "Don't you DARE call that a future!" She called out defensively. "That was just...a stupid nightmare! And it won't come true. And yes, that's what I know him from. And no, it won't happen. Not my part anyway. Well, most parts anyway. Cept a few. Yeah. those. Stuff. Ya know." Grumbling the girl hid a blush by calling up the anger she was so familiar with.
Last edited by Syrawenn on Sat May 20, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti watched the latest drama unfold, with Rosalie swooning to the floor. Damn Oneist, overreacting. What would anyone want with such a weak woman? For a moment, the Panling was tempted to get a large mug of water and dump it on the woman's head. If she was faking, it would serve her right. Nethers, even if she wasn't faking, it would serve her right! But then the man on the throne took charge, having the woman removed. There goes my fun, she thought with a shrug.

Then she felt something poke into her side.

"Ouch!" Sevti rubbed the spot where Syra's elbow had connected with her ribs. "You can say it's not a future, but that doesn't make it so," she grumbled back. "It all depends on the choices we make. So don't poke me just because you don't like it. I'm your FRIEND, remember? And if it wasn't for that future, I wouldn't even know you. One of the good things." She looked over at her friend with a grin, hoping to take away some of the girl's anger.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Rosalie Marcada

Rosalie was already aware she had slightly overplayed her hand. In fact she had designed her swoon so that she could withdraw with some measure of grace. There was a protocol to these things. She just couldn't simply flutter her eyelids and get up again. That would be silly.

Trust the farm boys and girls not to know a thing about such etiquette of course. The brute that kept talking to her as if she was going to reply should have known better, but he didn't. Rosalie had to bite her tongue to force herself not to react. Dominicus, it was tempting.

Jolanda was quiet and it worried Rosalie. Has that Kislovani ass kidnapped you to another place? She hoped her companion would be wise and hide in the shadows. However Jolanda was an impulsive woman who had a tendency to do unexpected things Rose knew from experience.

The Dark Domus ordered his imperial guards to bring her to his chambers. At least he was the only acknowledging the proper etiquette of the situation. He also showed to be her equal in plotting. His chambers were hardly the place she wanted to be, yet she could not with good grace protest too loudly now. I would not want to be close to King Balthasar in my entire life, not for all the power in the world. Damn nobles. The Mouth is better off without them.

She felt herself lifted carefully and carried bodily from the room. Rose allowed herself a soft moan of protest, but did not open her eyes.

OOC: I'll take this to a sidethread ;)
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc noticed that the big honcho had decided to send in his guard dogs.

For someone who is not nobility, she is pretty able to pull the strings..

Although he was not sure if she would like the results of this little scheme of her, but that was not his problem. Langredoc had attracted to much attention anyway, so now it was the right moment to pull back. So with a soft "Good travels Lady.." towards the woman on the ground he pulled back to a more comfortable position, what turned out to be near Sevti.

Or maybe it should be better to be closer to the wall's........
Last edited by Langredoc on Sun May 21, 2006 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

After Rosalie's overly theatrical faint, Fia was quickly finding that she didn't feel she belonged here. She was not one for these little power plays and cheap dramas. She had no care for these people. It was all she could do not fall upon the floor in a fit of giggles. What did she care who married the Caesar or this Andolin who fancied himself such.

She tried to watch some of the others, fading back to see if they were perhaps more interesting...
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Like hello, it was Fauna's dream to be a little miss match maker, and what would the greatest feat of her match-making career life was to match the Ceasar Azarin with the Lady of the West, Rosalie. But nay, the Ceasar seemed adamant againts that notion and the dark sorceress could merely sigh in frustration.

I mean, here they both were, a match made in Aether and the two seemed unattracted to each other. It really was mighty frustrating for the dark sorceress. If she could only wail and tear out her golden hair, she would have done so, but thought against it. It had taken her almost a full mark to meticulously arrange her hair to the artfully dishevelled appearance it had now. No way would she mess her hairdo, not even for all the wealth and power of the Nether and the Aether.

She watched with bemused smile as the Imperial Guards carried the Ladyof West towards the Imperial Bedchamber. Perhaps this was the best time. Fauna was a great illusionist and and it would be very easy to be seemingly at two places at the same time.

She stepped back silently, gracefully lifting her flawless, milky-white Amunic face, summoning one Aetheric Eye and it silently, unobtrusively flew and followed the retreating Imperial Guards carrying the Lady of the West.

ooc: Off to join Rose's sidethread, but will take a peek at here once in a while.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake

Return to “Erulzat Archives”