The thing about dreams..(open for now...) Sam 27th GT

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Mordular raised a quizzical eyebrow at Alazandra's giggle, as if not quite understanding it, but relaxed it as she continued to speak and respond to his offer of sorts.

"I don't know my Destiny." Mordular replied, with a nod. "I don't think that apprehensions about it make up these." He held up the bonds. "I admit to a curiosity, on the other hand, just where the path that I've set on will ultimately lead."

"I don't think any fortune teller could tell me that." Mordular added. "And you are right, the Queen's position is as much a prison as a prize. I certainly would have no desire to be a King in Gulanadur. Or probably, anywhere else for that matter." he added with a smile.
"But I should, even if my destiny is to serve and protect her Majesty in all things, that I will see some more of the World. In order to best protect yourself from something, it is necessary to understand it."

"Do you not agree, Alazandra?"
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

A smile lit up the achadhiel's lovely face, "I do agree, Mordular. Although, it is difficult to protect someone all the time when you are away. I would assume when that time comes and the decision will have to be made, it might be a very difficult decision to make."

Her eyes lightened as her smile deepened with encouragement, "But, I think your path will become clear someday, the day you have to decide." Then she looked away and into the darkness. "It is daunting though...how very vast the unknown is. At times it could be quite frightening as well."

Her fingers glided against the metal of her ankle binds. "My fears, the things that hold me back...my doubts and my weakness all manifested into these...at least they are beautiful. Almost like a gilded cage...Is it possible to lose yourself so much that you do not know who you are?" She asked Mordular, curiosity shone from her eyes as well as sadness.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]

Post by Guest »

Mordular listened intently as the achadhiel spoke of decisions and the unknown and knowing oneself. It took Mordular a few moments after Alazandra stopped speaking with those intent bright eyes for the dark adhiel to recover his wits enough to answer.

As it was, he blinked a few times and shook his head in a rolling-shoulder motion, as if her gaze had momentarily dazzled him, or her voice had charmed him.

"I would think that an actress might find that to be a danger." Mordular finally replied once the reverie was broken. "Taking on a role, a character, a mindset that is not your own, but making it your own. Why, I suppose." Mordular's eyes, far less potent than Alazandra's, peered at her curiously. "that if you truly fell into the thoughts and mindset of a character, you could even have dreams for that character, as well as react in day to day life as they. That would be sad, though, if you couldn't easily escape that sort of mental cage of your own making." Mordular admitted.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A frown appeared across her soft lips as she listened to Mordular's words. It seemed that she was slightly lost in the words that he spoke. Her own gaze were on the ankle binds.

"There was once a beautiful little girl that was stolen from her father a long time ago. She was her father's heart but was stolen away from him by her own mother. The little girl lived in partial solitude. She never went outside but stayed behind a silk screen while her mother received guests. Her purpose was to learn about people, to know how people act, react as well as interrogate people while weaving a subtle web of seduction to loosen lips."

Still the young achadhiel could not meet Mordular's eyes, but the story continued, "Her mother was a startling beauty that could make people stop and stare. With her skills of seduction and persuasion, she became the best at her job. It was the reason why the daughter believed her mother was murdered because of a secret she had found and paid with her life. The little girl promised to do one thing when she grew up. She had promised that she would avenge her mother's death and destroy her murderer." A small smile crept through, "I guess you can say I am just her messanger."

Those blue-grey eyes met Mordular's, "I hope someday that girl finds peace, but I think she fears that she will never fullfill her promise to her mother." A sad smile appeared, "Who knows...perhaps my message will find her someday and someone can tell her that everything will be all right even if she does fail."

She giggled sheepishly to break any lingering sadness, "I am sorry, I do not know where that story came from. I always thought it was such a lovely story but depressing, and the responsibility that the little girl tried to put on herself just to fail. Ah well..." She knew she shared too much and it was now time to just shrug it off nonchalantly. I need to bury that little girl.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]

Post by Guest »

Although Alazandra looked intently at her ankle bonds rather than her audience, both speaking and mute, Mordular was intent and intense as he listened to Alazandra's story.

Finally, when she was able to finish, and able to meet his eyes, Mordular reached out a hand again to her shoulder.

"We only fail, be we little girls, adult achadhiels, dark adhiels, or even humans, when we stop trying." Mordular said, gently. His other hand reached up to place itself on the other shoulder, just as his left hand already rested on Alazandra's right shoulder.

"Such stories, like that of the little girl, are within us, and within all of us." Mordular replied. "Even if they aren't entirely our own, they are part of the world we grow up in. The story of avenging the death of a parent is a potent one, one that will be with us as long as there are parents and children, I expect." Mordular said philosophically. "I wish for that little girl to find peace, even if she only lives within the bounds of story."
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

I mean to kill the man or woman that murdered my mother, and even the ones that plotted for her demise... She could not say that even here. Alexandrya did not even quite know the extent of this place but to be condemn in the future because of her desires to be free of this burden by telling someone. It was not one she could afford.

She held her tongue as she formed other words instead. "Yes, you are right." Hot tears rolled down, ones that she could not stop. "My apologises, Mordular, it seems that the story often touches my heart. I should not tell it so often else people's first impression of me is of an emotional person." Quickly, the tears were wiped and a smile replaced, "See, as if it had never happened. I do thank you for your patience in listening to the short story."

Post by Guest »

Mordular smiled in response to the perhaps plaster one that Alazandra offered in kind to his own comments. He gave a grave nod of the head.

"It goes back to the nature of this place, where we are, what we are, and how it influences the waking world." Mordular replied. "These bonds, this cavern, the mutness of our companion." The dark adhiel gestured to the silent and seemingly immobile young woman who had not said a word since before Mordular arrived.

"Stories, tales and words are the coin and currency we have to offer." Mordular said. "Anything else might be too bold and rash." He looked shyly away for a moment and then back again. "And so I am glad to hear and share my own story, as well as hear your own, Alazandra."
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A sad smile appeared on Alexandrya's own lips as her eyes met Mordular. "I believe it may be time to leave soon, Mordular. This is not a place to live out our aspirations so we must go back." Slowly she rose and stood to her full height and awaited for him to stand up as well.

"It was a pleasure meeting you and perhaps someday you will be free of your bindings." She whispered softly then looked upon Haylin, "As she will..." Then eyes gazed back towards Mordular, "and maybe me." She held out her hand and waited for her companion to take it. "Let us go for a walk and soon we shall both be where we need to be."

ooc: Sorry it took so long to reply.

Post by Guest »

ooc: I should be back for a while. Sorry I have been away so long. Things took more time than I though.

All the while Haylin had been quiet. When Mordular had appeared she had said nothing and during his and Alexandrya's conversation she had remained silent. The girl seemed lost in her own thoughts, almost zoned out as she quietly listened to what the two discussed. All the while she kept tugging at her collar.

"I wish I knew what to do. I don't even know what I want from this life." She suddenly spoke as Alexandrya stood up. She remained in her sitting position, not even bothering to look up. "I suppose it's better if I stay for a while. I wish you both all the luck you need." She glanced up, smiling softly. "Ibh ealiu eafianiu ta eabh amhadheabh"

Post by Guest »

OOC: Sorry, I was on vacation for a few days. But it looks like this fine thread is near completion.

"Hopefully you will be free of your own bind..." Mordular agreed, reaching for Alazandra's hand, before the quiet words of the previously silent Haylin jarred him from the motion. He turned, facing the young woman.

"I wish you luck, then. Perhaps all three of us will find the strength to escape these bonds, one way or another." Mordular began. "We can't live with them forever, and I, for one, certainly do not *wish*..."he held up his bonds. "to wear them forever, or even any more."

He gave a deep and grave bow to the formerly quiet woman before turning back to Alazandra and extending his hand to her this time, with a smile creasing his features. "Let's go for that walk."
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Warm eyes looked down upon Haylin and murmured softly, "Farewell, Haylin, I hope you find the reasons that hold you back." Then Alexandrya looked towards Mordular. She accepted the hand that he offered and a smile of her own.

"Is there something that you have always wanted to discover or know about?" She asked curiously as they went for their walk. The silver-haired achadhiel had lifted the panel of the lantern that was in her other hand which lit their path for them. The floor seemed stable for her as she stepped forward further into the darkness which was lit up by the light that her lantern was producing.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”