Looking for a Reference (Samsheen 27 TT)

Moderator: Mods

Danomel

Looking for a Reference (Samsheen 27 TT)

Post by Danomel »

Hidden almost in the shadows of the Bardic College is a humble two-story residence with a simple shop-front on the first floor. A rooftop porch of some sort can be seen from the street.

The border of the shop window is decorated with the letters of the alphabet mixed in with numbers and mathematical symbols. All are painted blue-on-white. A sign over the door declares: "The Repository: Books and Lessons, The Citadel's Finest Scribes".
[hr][/hr]
Stopping for a flicker, Danomel consider the strange twists his life has taken over the past weeks. It had been obvious during their last conversation that Noland was holding something back. But what, he could not say.

Noland had directed him towards the Imperial Archivist, which seemed a somewhat better alternative than the University. Hence his presence here, Danomel hoped to get a letter of reference from Master Tervis.

After another flicker, Danomel pushed the door open, and entered.
[hr][/hr]
Within, the front parlor is spacious and welcoming. There are chairs and a table or two set up for patrons or students to sit and read. A magnificent antique kemnboard adorns on of the tables. A long wooden countertop bar the way to firther exploration of the shop. There are several books lying open on the counter. Behind it is a slate board listing schedules for "tutorials" and "lectures" on several subjects.
[hr][/hr]
Upon entering the shop, Danomel is assaulted by the now familiar if somewhat musty smell of parchments, books, and inks. Walking towards the long counter, he looks around, he looks for either Stainis or Master Tervis.
Last edited by Danomel on Sun May 21, 2006 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By all the Dodos! these are thoughts of weight,
Most venerable, wise, and out of date.
(from [i]The Paradise of the Birds[/i], by [i]W. J. Courthope[/i])

(Avatar by LEW 1998)
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Stanis is at his usual place at the front desk whittling away at a quill with a small knife. He is talking with a customer and seems to have his full attention.

Please join this thread here

https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=12231
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Inner City Archive”