A Time to Heal - Alustariel - Sam 27, TT

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Sevti
Retired staff

A Time to Heal - Alustariel - Sam 27, TT

Post by Sevti »

When Alustariel awakes, she finds herself lying flat on her back in a comfortable bed. She has been changed out of her gown into a pale green, roomy bedgown. Someone has taken the time to bandage her sides, her face, her legs - all the places that, from what the adhiel lass can tell, were the most damaging of her injuries. A soft, thin blanket covers her to mid-chest and a fluffy pillow lies under her head.

White curtains surround her, the light of the tradetide sun difusing through them. There isn't a lot of room around the bed, but enough has been left for a small bedside table containing a glass pitcher of water and a small glass, as well as a now-empty chair.

From outside of the curtains, voices can be heard, speaking so quietly that only the fact that there is speech can be made out.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Post by Alustariel Urdil »

Alu tried to pull herself up, and despite feeling searing pain in quite a few areas, attempted to sit up on the bed. She felt her face, bandages, she was not exceptionally vain, but still she did not want to come out of this as some horrid shadow of an Adhiel.

What day was it? Was it the same day she had been ambushed, or had she been asleep for longer. Her stomach tightnened as she recalled what happened. Those foolish humans may have thrown the first defined stone in a War that was straining at the reigns. She could only guess that when Lord Morniendur, Lord Argil ..... and not least of all her brother .... heard of this, there would be Hell to pay. Who knows where it would end. She could only hope it was not too late to avert major conflct, whatever slim chance it might be.

Where am I? Alu thought through a dull headache. She could only expect that the person who had brought her here may return and explain to her.

With a little difficulty Alustariel went to the chair and poured herself a glass of water from the pitcher. To drink was dreadfull, as each strain on her muscles reminded her that her ordeal was not yet over.

And then, voices, just beyond the curtain and quite hushed. Alu leant gently in the chair, leaning her head slightly towards where she thought the speech was coming from, and tried to listen carefully to see if she could make out any words.
[i]Abara kadabara, alakazaaaaam![/i]
Posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

If she strained, Alu could hear make out a few of the words from the speakers on the other side of the curtain.

"... will only make things worse, I'm sure..."

"... did beat her pretty badly..."

"... will heal..."

"... Lord Argil..."

"... shouldn't allow visitors, but her brother... "

"... will probably sleep most of the day... "

"... fully expect the wards to be overflowing in a few days... "

"... new acolyte will have plenty of work to do... "

The voices didn't seem to be coming any closer to where Alu sat, however.
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Piece by piece, Alu contemplated the words as she heard them through the curtain, they were broken and hard to put together, but she had some idea what to expect.

"... will only make things worse, I'm sure..." they had said, which Alu already expected, the tensions between humans and adhiel would get more heated when it was learned that a adhiel woman had been savaged by a gang of humans - many moderate Adhiel would swing over the fence to support the Firelords aims upon hearing that.

At the mention of Lord Argil's name, dread entered Alu's feelings - if Lord Argil knew about this it would not bode well - Loraith had hinted and Alu suspected that Lord Argil himself may be a Firelord.

"... fully expect the wards to be overflowing in a few days... "

"... new acolyte will have plenty of work to do... "

These few words worsened Alu's dreadful feeling - they implied that more Adhiel and more Humans could fill these rooms if both sides retaliated and struck against the other. It can't be too late, Alu thought hopefully.

She'd heard enough, from what she could guess by the word ward, she was in some kind of hospital - and the voices were probably the individuals who staffed this area. The voices could be moving away, Alu percieved, and so she decided to gain their attention. Nothing would be gained from sitting veiled and idle.

"I might have slept for most of the day, if I hadn't been woken" Alu said light-heartedly trying to catch the unseen entities attention "Please, come within the curtains, I wish to have words with you, whoever you are, if you have the time"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Wed May 31, 2006 2:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

"I might have slept for most of the day, if I hadn't been woken. Please, come within the curtains, I wish to have words with you, whoever you are, if you have the time."

The words reached Dhurana's ears as she and Rafal entered the healing ward. Karuna and another priestess, her silver hair twisted into a loose knot at the base of her skull. She, too, wore a sari of greens and browns, the fabric flowing over her aging body. The two had their heads bent together, matching looks of worry lining their faces. The voice from behind the curtain caused Karuna to look up in surprise and concern.

If nothing else, the voice did bring the priestess' attention to the acolytes even sooner. Without a word, she motioned the two young people to follow them as she and the older priestess parted the curtains and entered the closed off area.

For Alu, she saw the curtains part and two women in matching saris of green and brown - one older with silvery hair, the other ageless with strawberry-blond hair - enter the area. "Our apologies," the elder one spoke, bowing her head. "We did not mean to be so loud as to disturb your slumber. Please, tell us how we may make your stay with us more comfortable."
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel smiled warmly, she may have gained their attention - but it wasnt really the voices that had awoken her, nor had she really been asleep. She bowed her head in greeting to the elder priestess' and to their acolytes who lingered behind. The sincerity in the apologetic face of the elder woman made Alu feel a little guilty for making her feel as if she had done wrong.

"Namaste"

"No need to apologise, dear" she soothed "I wasnt really asleep to begin with - it was more an induced state, though I'm sure you already know about that"

"I must thank you for looking after me thus" she indicated to her bandages, a slight smirk could be seen of her lips as she went on "I've never felt more like an Amunic Mummy in all my life .... But you do, seriously, have my hearfelt thanks"

Alu leant back in the chair, flexing her back painfully and took another sip of her water, she could tell she was not about to go running about for a little while yet.

"The only thing I can request to make my stay a little more comfortable is a little information. I can only guess I am at the Temple by your distinctive saris - but, mesdames, do you know who brought me here .... and more to the point who knows I am here"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dhurana Enarch

Post by Dhurana Enarch »

It didn't take long for Dhurana to spot Karuna once she entered the ward with Rafal. She kept back at first, not wanting to disturb the priestess, who was deep in conversation with an older healer whom Dhurana didn't recognize.

She looked up, almost startled, as a womans' voice carried from beyond the curtains. Her eyes met those of Karuna's and the priestess motioned for Dhurana and Rafal to join her. Dhurana was at first concerned that the patient would feel crowded, but followed Karuna's lead and went in, closing the curtains behind her.

The look of horror on Dhurana's face was visible for all to see, once she was confronted with the bandaged adheil before her. She soon regained her composure, and thanked the Mother that, at least, she hadn't cried out. How could anyone do this? How could anyone do this to anyone else, no matter what their race? She shook her head and smoothed her hair, and listened in silence as the adheil spoke.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Karuna nodded in greeting to Dhurana and Rafal as they entered, taking that brief moment before answering Alustariel's questions. The ageless priestess offered a smile in return to the bandaged adhiel. "Yes, it was more an unnatural state of rest," she agreed. "Though I am afraid that waking you even from it may cause you more harm than good. And that is unacceptable for a healer in good conscience. When we have finished speaking, I hope that you will try to continue to rest. Dhurana," she turned her attention to the young acolyte, "will you check her bandages to make certain that nothing is leaking through?"

The priestess looked to Rafal questioningly when Alustariel made her request for information. The youth shrugged his shoulders. "He was no one I recognized, my lady. He came in, carrying you in his arms, and said that you had been beaten by six humans. He asked us to care for you and..." His eyes lit up as he remembered and important piece of information. "And he said that he needed to report the incident to the Lord Advocate. He seemed very upset that something had happened to you and I DO remember him muttering that the Lord Advocate would be very unhappy when he found out that he had failed in his duty." He looked to Alu expectantly, hopeful that the information he provided would be beneficial to the silverhaired adhiel lass.
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alu waved the priestess' worries away with a smile "Of course, Priestess, yours is the voice of reason and experience, so I will try to rest again this afternoon - though I must request any remedies or herbal devices you know of that will make my recovery a little more speedy - anything to remove this headache and perhaps to make the bruising subside?" she beamed hopefully.

The silverhaird adhiel turned her attention back to the Priestess "If the Lord Advocate knows he will no doubt contact my brother and have him see me as soon as possible - I'd request that these two men be allowed to see me, if I could .... " Alu stopped abrubtly, she had only just come to focus on something the priestess had said .... the man who brought her here said he had failed his duty - had this man been protecting her? ... Well, if he had been following her he had jumped into the fray a little late in Alu's opinion.

Oh, dear, Ashtallion was going to be in a right state. He had almost blasted Loraith to the Nether for approaching his sister out of turn. He was going to be quite aggrieved at the moment, liable to run off to retaliate - Alu could only hope that the Lord Advocate was bringing him directly to her so she could calm him and pursuade him not to go out seeking revenge.

But Alustariel tried to calm herself, trying to forget that what had happened to her may be the first stone thrown in the prelude to a war - but she knew she had try and stop the stone being picked up and thrown back

Alustariel's eyes flickered to the achadhiel acolyte beside the priestess "Dhurana, a pleasure to meet you" she bowed her head in greeting. A pretty little thing, but her face was slightly contorted by a look of horror "Oh, do cheer up girl! I don't look that bad" Alu said with a slight chuckle, I hope she added in thought.
Dhurana Enarch

Post by Dhurana Enarch »

"And mine, to meet you, my lady." Dhurana bowed her head in turn. "Though I'm sorry that the circumstances are so unfourtunate." she laughed nervously at the adheils words. "No, not that bad," Dhurana agreed, though she herself did think otherwise. "Please, forgive my shock, I didn't mean any offence."

She followed Karuna's instructions and knelt by the adheil womans side, so as not to obstruct their conversation, then set about carefully unwrapping a few layers of bandage on the womans face. She inspected the wounds and and the bandages with care, checking for new blood, but also for any signs of infection - too much redness around the wound, excess swelling and the like. Satisfied that this was not the case, she nodded and fastened the bandages once more.

She repeated this process with the womans shoulders, legs, torso and arms, murmuring every now and then, instructing politely that her patient tilt or lift this and that, so that Dhurana could get a better look. She didn't have to unwrap the bandage very far before she saw blood, not yet dried, seeping through on the adheils arm, and she looked up at Karuna, urgency on her face. "This one," she mouthed, not wanting to distress the bearer of the wound. She turned back to the task at hand and smiled up at the adheil beside her, lest she be watching as Dhurana inspected her, and continued her search, unwrapping each bandage slowly, inspecting each wound and bruise, and rewrapping each bandage just as slowly and carefully once she was satisfied, well aware that her charge was in quite enough pain as it was, without Dhurana unthinkingly knocking her in haste.

Once she was done, Dhurana nodded, smiled, and stood up again. Everything seemed to be healing well, and there were no signs of infection - save for the adheils arm, which looked to be still bleeding quite freely, despite the bandages.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

The ageless priestess smiled at the impatience of the adhiel lass. "We shall do our best to get you from our wards and back onto your feet as quickly as possible," she assured Alu.

She stepped in when Dhurana caught her attention and took a look at the wound. As the girl had noticed, the wound was still bleeding freely. A quick sniff near the wound confirmed, however, that it was not septic, only that the stitching had not taken well. "Though if we don't re-stitch this, you'll be here for much longer than you wish. Rafal, would you? And bring some of the headache powders when you return?" She asked the young adhiel lad watching.

Rafal nodded and disappeared through the slit in the curtains. Before the priestess could continue to answer to her request regarding the Lord Advocate, the elder priestess put a hand on her arm. "Karuna, you seem to have things in good hands here. And I'm sure the young woman does not need so many buzzing around her like flies in the hot Jygust sun." She smiled at Alu. "Once Rafal has finished stitching her wound, would you send him to me?"

"Certainly, Althea," Karuna nodded. "Though Dhurana..."

The older adhiel shook her head in interruption. "No need," she assured Karuna. "There's no one else here needing attention at the moment, and the lass could use the opportunity to learn." She now spared a smile of support for Dhurana. "I'll be in the ward, should you need me." With that, she too slipped from the cutained area and was gone.

The priestess returned her attention to Alustariel. "My apologies, m'Lady," she bobbed her head slightly. "It was not my intention to forgo your other requests. There shall be no problem allowing the Lord Advocate and your brother to be shown to you immediately upon their arrival. Is there anyone else that you would like to be allowed in?" she asked. She stepped aside when Rafal entered, allowing him to pour a glass of water and hand the headache powders to the beaten adhiel. "Considering the severity of the attack on you, we have put in place that no one will be allowed in to see you without special permission."

While Karuna spoke, Rafal pulled the chair to Alustariel's side and motioned Dhurana over to watch him. "No one's complained about my stitching yet," he told Alu, with a wink to his new friend. "My mother taught me well." He cleaned the wound carefully before dabbing the area with a numbing fluid. And, true to his word, he began to stitch closed the gash with tiny, evenly spaced stitches. He remained silent as he worked, listening to the conversation that took place around him.
Tickle-fight champion.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Then I must twice thank you for your care and protection, Priestess" Alustariel thanked Karuna "There is one other man I would allow to see me, if he comes, Loraith Kasvenir. But I'm fairly certain that he might not be aware of my predicament"

"Oh, and I almost forgot, is there a girl here by the name of Souffiene, I still have to make my peace with here if she is and will accept my request for audience"

Again Alu thanked the priestess and gratefully took the glass of water and headache powders to numb her pain. And then Rafal was beside her, ready to stitch her arm wound.

"Mothers can teach you some of the greatest things in life" she mused as he boasted of his stitching. Even as he began, Alu tried not to wince. "I'm sure your stitching will be true"

"So, Dhurana, I take it from the Priestess' words that you are new here" Alustariel said casually to the young acolyte "Forgive my asking, as I am new here, but are you from Kislovan originally?"
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Ashtallion had strode through the temple and the ward with a purposeful stride, yet his mind reeled with anxiety and worry at what he was about to see. The sorcerer followed the servant, along with the Advocate, towards Alustariels bed within the ward. The place was quiet, yet he had the distinct impression that could change within the near future.

The nearer they got, the more clear his sisters voice was, that alone almost made him stumble to his knees in relief. With no warning, the mage grasped the curtain and pulled it back, not aggressively, but with a determination that helped steel himself against whatever he was to witness.

She was bandaged. Her wounds obvious, but she was talking. Asht did not cry, tears would serve no purpose, though he grieved for what had been done to her at the hands of humans. The sorcerer said nothing, golden eyes simply regarded Alustariel with a hard gaze, letting this image be fixed in his mind for when he would rip the still beating hearts from the ones that did this. Power washed from the mage in pungent waves as his anger threatened to override his reason. The very thought of what she had to endure, the thought of humans placing their hands upon her delicate skin... her hair, the silver of starlight....

Ashtallion found himself shaking as sorcery, though unseen, could certainly be felt. He flicked his glance to the others within the room, yet seeing they were the ones helping her, his hard gaze shattered and softened. The power died within him, that threatening flame flickered and blew out once more. He walked to Alustariels side, not wanting to touch her incase he caused more harm.

" I'm sorry Alu. For not being there.... ", he allowed the anguish he felt to now fill his voice as he spoke. " I will have vengence for this.... I can assure you my Silver Sister... "
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Do exuse me, Dhurana" Alustariel said as Ashtallion strode through the curtains. Alu tried to smile as much as she could through the bandages. In her misty blue eyes, the mere joy at her brother's presence could easily be spotted. As he came to stand by her side, she lifted her hand and held his gently.

"Dont say that Asht. There is no way that either of could have known this would happen - but don't forget that this could just be retaliation for my accidental assault on Souffiene" Alu said softly "I dont want you to take vengance, but we'll talk on that later when we have a few quiet words alone"

"I'm hurt, but I'm alive, and the bruises will heal in time - so thats good enough for me" she said hopefully "Hey! I didn't just lie down and take it, you would have been proud - I took down two of 'em before they got me ... two out of six isn't bad for one girl ... considering they were armed" she said excitedly and with a smile, Asht's serious face made it dissapear a little prematurely.

"I'm alright, love" she assured him. She brought his hand to her lips and kissed it gently. "Why don't you sit on my bed, it's a bit more comfortable"

"This is my brother, Ashtallion" Alu introduced her brother to the surrounding clerics.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

OOC: Since Dhurana seems to be MIA for the moment, we'll just have her sitting by silently for the moment so as not to hold you two up much longer.

IC:

Rafal nodded a welcome to Ashtallion as he continued to work on Alu's wounds. "A pleasure, m'Lord," he replied.

He bit his lip for a moment, not wanting to interrupt the conversation between brother and sister. But she had asked a question and, thus far, no one had answered it. He decided to be bold and, clearing his throat, spoke. "My pardons, m'Lady, but as no one answered your question, I will. Souffaine is still here, healing. I am uncertain if she has allowed visitors, but I will check once I've finished with you and let you know." His lips curled into a friendly smile before he bent his head and once more continued with his work.
Tickle-fight champion.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" Souffaine? ", he glanced to the healer and then back to Alu, a slight crease on his brow as he frowned. " Why would you want to.... ", he paused, simply looking at Alustariel with an inquisitive gaze. He let out a small sigh and said nothing more on the matter. Alu would do as she wished, strong in the head and the heart. If only her brother could say the same at times. " Perhaps I should pay her a visit also... ", it was Ashtallion that was used as the conduct, energy feeding through him, to initially start the healing process on Souffaine after she had been struck by the lightning.

The memory brought another pang....a certain friend he had yet to visit. Something else on the 'to do' list then.

Asht gingerly placed the tips of his fingers on Alustariel's hand, wondering for a fleeting moment if he himself could help to heal her. Having had next to no practice at such magical healing, he decided against it, he would do more harm than good. " I am always proud of you Alustariel and I would have expected no less from you... ", he smiled, one that actually met his eyes also. " .....but I will be having a talk with those humans. Nothing will dissaude me on that. ", despite his eyes remaining warm, there was a hardness to them.

He sat on the bed, careful not to interupt the healers attention to his sister. " Still, had I been with you.... they wouldn't have had the chance to raise so much as a finger against you.... "

Another pause. " What were you doing there anyway, Alu? "
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Very well, but be careful if you seek them out" Alu warned Asht on finding the humans "The string that is the relationship between humans and adhiel is very thin ... something very minor could snap it - if it is not already too late. I'll give you one name - Daithi . I'm not sure which man he is, but the name was mentioned in the attack"

Alustariel smiled as Asht's fingers touched her hands, it hurt but a little and she was overwhelmed with the lovely feeling that her brother was there for her and would always be.

"I know you would have saved me - but there was no way on this world that you could have known to come. So never blame yourself" she smiled, she moved to hold his hand.

"What was I doing there?. I was on my way to find Chandi, a Battle Magess. I got her name from Miranda who's the secretary to the Battle Mage Royale. I figured I'd need to hurry up and chose a mentor. The situation here is deteriorating - a girl needs to protect herself ... as is evidently the case" Alu chuckled quietly.

"Speaking on that, what of the Battle Mage Royale, did he accept you as his pupil?" she said hopefully.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" He has indeed. Much to my relief.... he taught me a new weaving. Nothing complex really, but its a step in the direction I want to head.", a small smile of pride touched his lips momentarily, then vanished as some darker thought crossed his mind, a shadow of it passing over his eyes. " There is something else we must... ", he flicked a quick glance to the healers within the room. " ....discuss. It seems our Mother kept a little secret from us. ", he loathed to say anything in front of these strangers, not were they could becomet he subject of gossip.

" I was meeting with Lord Argil when I heard you were here. The Lord Advocate had a few interesting things to disclose to me. ", straightening his back slightly, Asht turned an eye on the others present, " If it is of no inconvienence....might I have a moment alone with my sister? "

Waiting for them to depart, Ashtallion bent slightly closer to Alu. (OOC: ok to assume they left the room?)

" Alustariel..... our mother was.... how shall I put this. ", he inhaled slightly, " A member of the nobility of Kislovan. You and I, apparently, are not only Urdil, but we are also Lord and Lady Alrul. A powerful house amongst the nobles I am lead to believe. ", he paused a moment, allowing her to take it in, " Some sort of scandal forced Mother to leave, yet our bloodlines remain and our names are untarnished. ", his voice lowered even further as he bent closer to her ear. " I believe I know the one responsible for the attack on you.... and by the Gods, if I find his name linked to it for definate, all the Nether will ring with his screams. ", his words were cold, unfeeling and as he sat up, shadows swirled behind his golden, hard eyes.

Asht then smiled lightly, banishing the darkness, " But I will have to discuss it further with Lord Argil, I think he can offer some protection, limited as it may be....and I will have to speak with Master Falgan again. ", at the mention of the Sorcerers name from his own lips, his brow furrowed. " That reminds me... I am to practice that weaving he taught me for tomorrow.... I'm to master it if possible... ", his word trailed off as he sunk into thought.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alu too leant in a little when Asht and she could speak more privately. Her eyes twinkled with this new intrigue. She placed a finger to her chin as if pausing for thought. "I do remember something being said, that when mother met father she was wandering in Kislovan. Before that time I have not heard to much - a noble you say?. Well well, she has been a sneaky biddy hasn't she" she chuckled. "Lord Ashtallion and Lady Alustariel ... my that has a lovely ring to it"

The silver haired adhiel tried to get more comfortable in her seat. This was all very new and exciting - she was starting to think that despite her bruises ... Kislovan was a wonderfully intriguing place.

"Lord Argil told you this?" she said carefully "How did he seem, when he heard I was injured. I still don't trust either Lord Morniendur or Lord Argil - I suspect that one or both is a Firelord, though which I'm not too sure".

At the mention of Falgan, Alu nodded her head. "Tell me a bit more of this Falgan, what is he like. By what I've heard already he sounds moderately-minded ... he could be somebody we can trust. So of course, I understand if you need to go and practice brother, as Kislovan's premier Battle Mage, Falgan would most likely expect you would" she smiled. Deep down, Alu was extremely proud of her brother - he was far ahead of her ... a true Battle Mage already ... he was also her inspiration. One day, she hoped, they would stand together and be a force to be reckoned with.

"Oh, that reminds me, if your going by the Cullamh Estate, can you get my staff? Check with Alyn, he might know where it is ... it could have come in handy today - but no matter, it can serve to help me back onto my feet"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

OOC: Moving Dhurana as an NPC for the moment.

IC: The pair of healers nodded at Ashtallion's request. With a careful snip, Rafal cut the thread close to Alustariel's skin, leaving a neat line of stitches. "We'll still be in the Ward, should you need anything, M'Lord, M'Lady" he told them, rising. And without another word, he lead Dhurana out so the twins could talk among themselves.
Tickle-fight champion.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" Falgan is.... firm. But a good person from what I have learnt so far. Talented and undoubtably extremely powerful, I hope to learn a great deal from him. Its strange, I feel I have learnt so much, gained a great deal of power... ", he looked at his hands, " ...but then I am yet again humbled when one of true power has more to teach me. The life of a Sorcerer I suppose, always something to learn. ", he smirked slightly. " Yes of couse, I will bring it and anything else you left here to the Temple, I can't see you up and about for a short while anyway. "

" Argil was naturally upset and disturbed by the news. He seemed agry aswell, as though enraged at being unable to protect you.... ", he looked away for a moment, " Just to warn you, he may start to court you Alustariel. His interest is more that just political. Such beauty has no gone unnoticed amongst the strong and powerful it seems. ", he looked at her with strong intent. " You are your own woman, Alu, and I would not dream of telling you what to do.... just be careful, more than one adhiel has his eyes on you. If you ever need help with them, let me know, I can back up the fire in my words more than most men can. ", he bent down and placed a small kiss on her forehead.

What was happening to him? He seemed to becoming more and more agressive in the use of his power, openly flaunting it almost. Was this the route of a Battlemage? He sighed silently before rising from the bed. " I will leave you to rest and to the attention of the healers. On the morrow I shall return, though I do have a lesson with Master Falgan again, but I shall be in to see you. "
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alu embraced Ashtallion gingerly, her body hurt, but a hug was worth it. "What do you mean you can't think of me up and about for a while?" she said with mock anger. "I'm here only as long as I need to be, I'm straining at the leash to get back out there. Oh, that reminds me, I may not be able to meet the Queen unless Morniendur wants to carry me to her" she laughed.

Her laughter stopped but her smile remained when she heard of Argil's intentions. She batted her eyes and made a silly sighing noise.

"I knew he was oogling me. But he'll have to do better than that, despite my little dalliance with Loraith ... " she said, watching her brother closely " ... I don't throw my lot in with any old suitor that comes along. Its not the power in men that ensnares me ... it's how they use it" she kissed him back on his cheek and stroked it gently.

"Be careful out there" she soothed, for the first time in a while Asht might just be able to pick up a faint sense of worry and uncertainty in his sisters voice "The way things are going it can only get more dangerous ... I dont want you to share this room with me.".

She flicked her silver hair over her shoulders and tried to find a comfortable position again in her chair.

"I'm safe here. So you don't need to worry overmuch for me on that. I'll see you next time you come around to visit me" she lifted his hand and held it in her own. "I love you, my golden brother"
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion returned the tender embrace with the upmost gentleness. " I will try to find out as much as I can about the attack also...... ", he glanced to the curtains, " Lord Argil is outside just now aswell, he may well want to talk to you also. ", a small smile touched his lips, amusement lighting his golden eyes. " Take care my Silver Sister. ", he looked at her a wider smile spreading across his face. Suddenly though, his eyes filled with water and he shook his head to clear the unshed tears.

" Till tomorrow Alustariel. ", sharply he turned and walked through the curtains. Facing Lord Argil, " If you wish to speak with my sister I believe she will be happy to see you.... for now I must collect a few belongings.... ", he paused. " ....one other thing my Lord. Would you know where I might find accomodation? My present lodgings are not to my complete liking. "

To the healers he also spoke softly, " And thank you for caring for my sister. It may be your duty.... but the Temple has my eternal gratitude. "
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Post by Dartimos Hammer »

"I would be more than happy to have a page make arraingements for you at one of the hotels in the city. But I would be pleased if you would accept the hospitality of my family during this time. I usually stay in a small bachelor apartment near the palace, but the family estate is on the edge of the city and we would be more than happy to welcome you to our home.

"Please," he continued before Asht could respond, "do not think that there is any motive behind this, either political or personal, other than the friendship we have begun to share and the fact that Kislovan has already reflected badly on itself in what has happened and I would repair that blemish if I can. If you decide to accept, just hire a coach and tell them to take you to the Insurin estate."
Comfort Level =D / Age = 41 (Gasp!!!)
Posting 1-2 times per week.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Oh, is that you Lord Insurinn?" Alustariel called from within the curtains at the sounds of the Lord's voice. She was almost certain it was him but was a little surprised that he had been standing just outside her veiled location - had he heard what she had said ... that he would have do do more than just court her to win her affections. Its not that she wanted him to dance for her like some fool - but he was a man with power, what remained to be seen was how that power was used ... especially in Kislovan's time of crisis.

"I'm sorry for my ... battered appearance" said Alu, taking another sip from her glass of water. "By all means, sit if you will my Lord, I would be grateful for conversational company as my brother must attend to his training. I have just been told some rather interesting news which I'd love to learn more about ... "

"But firstly, thankyou ... you saved my life. I put it together, thanks to the Priestesses', that the man who rescued me had been assigned to protect me ... or at least watch me for you. I don't want to know why, but it was that prudent act that saved me" she said reverently, bowing her head to Lord Insurinn. "For that you will have my gratitude ... I'm sure deep down Ashtallion feels the same and friendship that you have with my brother can only benefit from that"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Kislovan Archive”