Chasing Wind Dreams,Sam 27 TT

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Delanedra

Chasing Wind Dreams,Sam 27 TT

Post by Delanedra »

Delanedra watched the horses from the side of the fence, there was no way she was going in there. As much as she loved the animals, they were really scary- large and imposing especially to the rather small woman. She leaned on the fence watching the horse and rider circle round and round. What would be like to on that creature flying as fast as the wind?
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Post by Dartimos Hammer »

"Come on now, doesn't this look like fun?!" Ellmar called to her and he smoothly took the horse from a trot, to a canter, to a gallop, and back again, all flowing smoothly from one the other.

"Star is completely gentle, I promise." Star, so named for the large diamond shaped patch of white on her forhead, as Ellmar had told her was indeed acting very placid and relaxed. Of course she was also nearly 16 hands high and controlled by a very experienced rider. And those hooves now prancing so lightly around the practice ring could easily crush someone Delanedra's size.

When earlier this morningtide Del had noted to Kaleen that as much as she loved horses, she had never acutally learned to ride, Kaleen in her usual manner took charge. She sent out a messenger who returned near mid-day with an invitation for Delanedra to join Ellmar (he of the covered in wine at the luau) for an afternoon of riding lessons and perhaps dinner. So here she was. Watching him show off one of his prize horses around the practice ring.
Comfort Level =D / Age = 41 (Gasp!!!)
Posting 1-2 times per week.
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

Delanedra frowned. "Yes.. I'm sure." she says sarcastically. By someone who can ride. I know that horse could tell I'm scared, but still the rider's cute. Maybe I should try... at least once- what's the worse that could happen? Being thrown, trampled... no do think about bad. Del stood on the fence.

"Mind if I come in?" she asks looking at the gate then pausing. She climbed down off the fence and then got a running start down to the gate- she'd thought about hoping the fence but that might spook the horse. "Ellmar," she called. "would you be able to teach me how to ride that horse?" she asks pointing at Star. "Sorry about the wine..." she says her mind flashing back to the commical image of the Adhiel covered in wine, she tried to hide her smile.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Ellam nickered at the horse, and using only his knees to guide it had Star sidestep over to where Delanedra was standing. This close the odor of horse was definite and heady, but not unpleasent.

Delanedra was standing about even with Star's front legs and the horse turned its massive head to gaze at her with soft brown and patient eyes. "Here," said Ellam pressing two lumps of sugar into her hand as he slipped down off the saddle to land lightly next to her. "Giver her those and she is your friend for life."
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

The young woman tried not to smirk, not laugh. But she carefully held out her hand. She smiles watch the sugar crystals in her hadn reflect the light, though now thinking about the sparkly sugar made her forget momentarilly the large horse looking near. "Sugar?" she asks curiously. "I thought horses ate grass."
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

"They normally feed on hay and grains." Ellmar told her. Even though she was facing away from him, Delanedra could hear the smile in his voice. "But like anyone else, they like to nibble on sweets when they get the chance."

As he spoke, his arm came up under Del's, his hand cupping hers and holding it open. Star, seeing her hand now still, reached out her neck and using just her lips, gentley removed the lumps of sugar from Delanedra's hand, never actually making contact. Large brown eyes made contact, the mare's head cocked over at and angle, and Star looked at this new two-legged one, wondering who she was.

Ellam was now standing close behind her so that she could feel his breath on the back of her neck. "Ready to climb aboard for a ride?" He spoke softly and lightly, careful not to spook the horse.
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

Delanedra smiled. "I think so." she says watching the horses movement. "How do I get up there?" She questions Ellmar. She smiles and ran her one hand over the palm of the other-the horse wasn't that scary... not at all.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Ellmar stepped in closer. His hand that had been cupped under Delanedra’s reached down to the stirrup while his other hand stroked across her neck to her shoulder. Then with a firm pressure it slid down her back, past her buttocks and the back of her thigh to her knee. Pressing in, he lifted her leg at the knee, and brought her foot up to fit in the stirrup.

“I can think of no better way to spend an afternoon than astride a young filly, both moving as one as they enjoy the ride.” He whispered in the achadiel’s ear as he then covered the same hand she had fed Star with and, turning it over, placed it on the pommel. It gave Delanedra something to grip on the horse’s saddle.
Delanedra

Post by Delanedra »

Delanedra blinked. The being dragged up on to the horse by someone her size suprised her. "Ellmar!" she cried a little more than scared, by his actions. Though wide eyed as she sat upon the horse, she took a few deep breaths.

"Ellmar, next time... please warn me..." sghe says gripping the pommell so hard her fingers nearly turned white. She smiled though, happy and yet nervous. "So... what's next now that I'm up here?"

Return to “Kislovan Archive”