Leaving the Shadows~Samheen 27th~GraveTide

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Animus AniKor Saxcian

Leaving the Shadows~Samheen 27th~GraveTide

Post by Animus AniKor Saxcian »

Bazaar District

Pushing his seat back, Animus stod rolling up a scroll, placing in in a pile at the end of the table. For Years he had sat in this room, at this exact time, writing journal entries, taking notes on hsi observations and learned knowledges. But he was ready.

Stuck between human society and adhiel, he had grown lost in his perceptions of anger and revenge. And now, even as he looked out the door of his secret quarters, behind a moving book case in the philosphy section of the Bazaar Library, ready to face his invisible enemies and submit to his vendetta against those who he believed were evil, he was not usre of where his path would lead, nor if his path was righteous.

No matter, it was done and he had beaten teh fear that had chaied him to the meager reclusive existance. It was time to face society with all his observed and read knowledge. Slowly sneaking through the long rows of bookcases, adorned in his twighlight robes and carrying his bow and blades on his side, Animus ventured from the library heading into the dark city.

In his studying he found only one group that could give him the knowledge enough to deal his blows of vengeance; the Assassins. And so he went into the dark seeking the hidden order of silent killers, not knowing where to begin. And so Animus went up, to a place of gossip and merrying; The First Tier Inn. Clenching his right sheathe, Animus prayed to Anasati, to hold the Stigma awayfrom him as he pursued his vengeance, through the career as an Assassin, and asked that she guide him to finding the ones who would lead him to the guild.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The First Tier Inn was the one building in Gulanadur where he could attempt to blend in or at least be less out of place. It was an Inn for travellers from the surface not that there had been many of them in recent days. Down on their luck adhiel would gather here to earn a few banner loading and unloading wagons. For that reason, the Inn was hopping. The Great Ascent required many supplies to be sent to the surface and work was plentiful. Some even came to do it for patriotism instead of coin. It made them feel part of things.

There were only four of five tables in the small common room. At this time of night only the most diehard of drinkers or those with nowhere left to go lingered here. The tall thin human behind the bar stifled a yawn as Animus entered the Inn.

"Greetings lad." He called out. "Inn will be closing soon so best get your order in while you can. What can I do for ya?"
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Animus AniKor Saxcian

Creeping through the room, an over cast over Animus's Features. Normally his larger statue would add a menace to his demeanor, but amongst the dim lights that accented his every feature he had turned into a giant among his adhiel brothers.

Undoing a few lashes upon the front of his robes, they swung open staying around his shoulders but floating now as a hooded cloak. Animus wished to reveal his weaponry, hopefully attracting any who might be recruiting or from the guild. He sat at the bar counter looking into the eyes of the Dark Adhiel Bar Man.

"Greetings lad." He called out. "Inn will be closing soon so best get your order in while you can. What can I do for ya?"

Animus deciphered the broken human language coming from the man. Guessing he was told to speak in that way, due to the Dortanese Merchants and human visitors of the surface.

"Hmm. I would like a Tankard of Ale, and the best bottle of Ambrosia you have."

Leaving, the slender man returned moments later holding a frothy tankard followed by a somewhat elegant bottle of Ambrosia. Dishing out the necessary costs, Animus began sipping away at the alchohol, switching between Ale and Ambrosia. His eyes darted back and forth looking for any who might meet his. For wandering eyes could mean interest in him, and So he sat watching observing, a skill he prized, simply waiting for one change in motion toward him.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The few adhiel and achadhiel that graced the bar this night had eyes only for their drink. Most were drunk enough to notice little else besides how full their mugs or bottles were. A few were already slumped down to the wood and drifted on the sea of dreams.

Except for the one adhiel in the corner. He sipped his drink where others guzzled and his clothing was of quality fabric as opposed to the patchwork leather of the poorer classes. His eyes kept coming to rest on Animus with some curiousity but he made no move to join him.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Animus AniKor Saxcian

Animus grew frustrated, as the candlemark slowly burned away. Curses to these useless fools, may the Gods show them how petty they truly are. Animus finished his silent curse before standing from his table and throwing his robes back over, reconcealing his face and features.

Allowing his eyes to continue to scan the room, Animus's noticed a pair of gazing eyes falling on him once again. He had seen it earlier in then night but thought nothing of it, fearing paranoia had gotten the best of him. Pausing momentarily, Animus, decided to wait and see if he would pursue further interest.

Unsheathing his twin daggers, ANimus readied them in his sleeves, just in case the one with the wandering eyes' intent was malicious. Pushing the wooden door open, Animus ventured into the open world of Gulanadur.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Animus swiftly adjusted to the darkness of the world outside. Little stirred at this time of day. There few a few drunks to the side of the doors. They had not gotten far towards home before the drink overcame them. A few flickers after his own exit Animus could hear the door open behind him and if her turned to look he would fine the well dressed adhiel at his back.

"You are not the usual gutter trash that frequents this place." He said in place of greeting. "What were you hoping to find here? I have some small ability in helping people find the way to their desires, you see." He smiled slickly. "Perhaps we can help each other."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Animus AniKor Saxcian

Scanning the shadowy figure standing only metres away, in the shadowy gloom of the Gulandur Eveningtide, Animus gripped his blades more tightly. the figure was unreadable through posture, tone, and intent, instilling a sense of lock of control in Animus. Turning to directly meet the figure eye to eye Animsu bowed.

"My name is Animus Anikor Saxcian. I have studied many arts in my short life time. My knowledge has brought me on this quest. It is the Assassin's Guild I search for notice in. It is it where my destiny can truelly unfurl."

Looking for any hint of anything in the mysterious and inquisitive form standing behind him, Animus remained ready for any tricks.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"That is a simple enough desire to fulfill." The adhiel observed. "The guild is the ugliest building on the temple level. You cannot miss it." The adhiel continued his appraisal of the young man. "That is not a place to go lightly you know. How is it you are ready to bind yourself forever to a guild and you do not even know where to find it?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”