"Penth for Caesar!": Palace Entrance SH 29th, MT

Moderator: Mods

Med

"Penth for Caesar!": Palace Entrance SH 29th, MT

Post by Med »

No it wasn't a hoax.. Not even a bad dream, it was about as ridiculous a concept as most would have seen, even Penth thought so!

The young bard itched and tugged away at his collar as Rathien and him approached the Palace Gates. The closer he got to such the faster he wanted to run in the other direction, but if they were going to help Ulder well they needed the information. Rathien had suggested disguises, but he was pretty sure now this was NOT what she had in mind.

Worm food! Rat bait! Woodchuck droppings! This is never going to work! Stupid, stupid Penth! Like you are just going to walk up there and say "Hi I'm Penth! I want to be Caesar!".. Hmm it might work! Boy oh boy if I was Caesar Ulder wouldn't have to worry anymore and we could find Elaine! I knew this was a brilliant idea!

Still the minstrel gave a queasy look back to Rathien before they got too near. She at least looked nice in her new dress, even if they were about to get hanged at least they would look fairly great while dangling from the noose.

Before it was too late he whispered to her under his breath, "Rathien you're my good friend and if we don't make it out of this alive... It's your FAULT!" he uttered hoping she took his pseudo joke in the right way.
Last edited by Med on Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.

My oh my insanity does reign!!

Post by Guest »

Rathien frowned at Penth pursing her lips "Tis your fault we came here, master bard.. Keep that in mind when you toss blame about." Her eyes met his for a flicker.

Rathing smoothed out her dress and brushed away the trendrils of hair that had escaped her fancy braid.

All this finery, and for what she thought wildly. He is right we are likely to be hanged for this.

She reached out her hand and touched the young bards shoulder. " Slow yourself master penth hold your head up, stnad up straight, you must look the part as well. Keep a level head, and dont talk about the elf eating crabs." She smiled fondly at the last part and sighed as they approached.

Well, she thought to herself, we will either die or help Ulder in doing this. Rathien sighed and shook her head I just hope we don't die!

The Adheil straightend her back and stood proudly, a lady if not just Rathien. "Lets do this thing." she said quietly "Lets do it. we will make it!"
Last edited by Guest on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Med

Stupid is as stupid does

Post by Med »

Penth grimaced in return to her "courage".. It felt like it would be impossible. Surely it wouldn't work, and it was far scarier than facing orcs or the dark pointy ear!

"No adhiel eating crabs, okay.. Stand up straight? Oh right.. Umm do I start asking people for taxes now? Everyone always complained about nobles doing that back in King's Court." he inquired desperately wanting to scratch his head or that blasted collar that was choking him

We should run now! She looks soo.. You can't let them down Penth! Especially not her... That just won't do and if we have a chance well it's that time!

The young man solidified himself, taking Rathien's advice as he attempted to look like those of royalty he had seen before. Desperation drove him to try as hard as he could. For some reason he recalled Quin at the moment. How he had spoke about the Moonlady and how she guided those that were sometimes lost in the woods, not that he had ever been lost in the woods he just didn't always end up where he had planned to go.

Under his breath he whispered to himself, "Moonlady my good friend Quin spoke very highly of you.. and I know we aren't as close as you and him, but if you can help me make it through this I shall be your best friend and follower forever.. Especially if you keep Rathien safe. It really wouldn't be good for me to be responsible for getting her hanged. She is here out of kindness and that won't do at all if she is burned alive, thrown in the ocean, or fed to the adhiel eating crabs.. Please help me I beg of you.."

Penth had never prayed before but if ever a time for such seemed appropriate he was sure it was now.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The road to Citadel itself was quite empty, only an occasional servant or clerk hurrying on his way to work. About a dozen or so guard, clad in white tabards, each wearing a black cloak were on duty at the gates, stopping all who approached and letting most pass inside. They were still way off, though one or two did turn his gaze down towards an obviously bickering pair coming closer to their post. But, till they came to the gates itself it would be only curiosity and not much more. Once they tried to gain entrance their attention would be fueled by duty.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Med

Post by Med »

Penth felt the eyes of others upon him. He had spent his early life fending for survival, well running away from a lot of other street urchins.. Still those habits never really dulled too much. The bard made sure his eyes were locked with that of the adhiel maiden's and then drew her's towards those that watched in the distance. He hoped his silent message was conveyed.

His thoughts continued to rattle on as they strode forward.

Umm hello my new bestest friend Moonlady, this is Penth again. Yeah I know I was just praying to you a flicker ago, but well I was hoping you might not be too busy today. You see those guards up there don't look too pleasant. Maybe it's the black? Anyways I figured since we are going to be grat pals now that I might share why I really need a big favor of you. I do always repay such back by the way. Well not with money I never have much, but I do write songs about people and will make certain to do a grand one about you.

Anyways Rathien and I are here because of Ulder. He's one of my other great friends and used to be in a band with me and Quin (you know him), before that we fought orcs on this really long caravan.. You really don't have time for this do you? hmmm..

Okay the point is Ulder loves this girl Elaine and she's captured. We need to get into the palace to find out stuff.. I mean come on help out a guy in true love? Please.. please.. please!

Penth put on the most "noble" face he could think of as they walked up to the guards.

Post by Guest »

Rathien slowed her step as walked tugging on the back of Penths shirt to slow his aswell. her eyes on the guards ahead, her face the picture of seriousness.

Why am I doing this, this is crazy! how will we pass for nobility. How is this going to work."
Her thoughts flew through her mind like a whirlwind, she breathed deeply trying to calm herself. Rathien had been in dangerous situations before, yet this was different somehow.

Looking over at her bard companion she smiled "Ok Penth this is it, let us do this well, and find out about Elaine, and help your friend Ulder."

If Ulder knew of this he would most likely lock us up himself. she chuckled at that thought thinking she should lock them both up.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Then it became their duty to be interested in the pair of newcomers. As Penth and Rathien reached the gates a single guard detached himself from the others and intercepted them easily. He was a fellow of about thirty yahren, cleanly shaven and with an old scar running the length of his nose. The man carried a rather wicked looking spear, though he held it quite casually, his grip relaxed and the point facing upwards, no danger to the pair whatsoever.

He stopped, nodding politely and smiled. "Good day to you, milady. Milord." His eyes focused on Rathien first only turning to the bard only after he greeted the girl. "Could you please tell me your business in the Citadel? Or perhaps I can help you myself?" The other guards did not approach, though it was easily visible that they were paying attention. With the rabble rousing the previous day, they needed to be careful or the Sergeant Summers would be quite upset. Nobody liked it when Summers was upset.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

Rathien looked at the guard a slow smile coming to her face "My Friend and I are seeking to enter, we have been away for some time, our families are away across the sea." she paused for a flicker, her mind rushing through mnay variations of what she might say.

Rathien continued "Our families are citizens here, and we would like to reintroduce ourselves, as we have been away since we were very young." The Adheil smiled as she spoke her voice soft and without any tremor.

Rathien eyes moved to Penth "We would like to gain entrance if it be possiable, as we would like to arrange to make introductions to the court."
Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Med

Post by Med »

Penth pondered a few thoughts himself. What Rathien said seemed to work in his mind, besides he had just been thinking of introducing themselves as chickens to say we are here for dinner.

Her idea sounded much better in his mind. So rather than complicate matters he did his best to maintain his composure. Besides he didn't get dressed up in this suit for nothing.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The guards brow furrowed as Rathien spoke, the man not quite sure what she was talking about. There was one sure way to clear out any misunderstanding and that was to ask the other party to explain. That was just what he sought to do. The man remained quiet so he assumed that the lady was in charge, which suited him just fine. "Indeed, milady. Perhaps you might tell me whom you are looking for and who you are so I can send someone to inform that person you are here. It'll only take a burn and then you can be inside, no problem at all." His smile was polite, his posture straight, though the spear in his hand was perhaps a bit lax.

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”