Demon Hunt: Seeking the Enemy - Samheen 28th GT

Moderator: Mods

Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Ulder watched the proceedings intently, only glancing away when Ashari approached and stood near him. His eyes flicked to hers and then back to the parchment and the sketch. He replied to the sorceress' questions quietly.

"We're letting others have their say. This thing threatens us all, and thus all should have a voice in how it's destroyed. The risk to their lives is just as equal to ours, and many will have valuable information in fighting them. Only a fool goes into a battle without knowing all he can about his enemy."

Then those gathered started mentioning the role and nominations of leadership. The Captain heard his name mentioned a couple of times, and when he did so he stepped forward. A glance towards Jolanda was telling, indicating his disagreement with her in the past, was indeed, in the past.

"For those who do not know me, I am Ulder Synkaaros, formerly of the Purple Guard. I have come, as all of you have, to see this thing destroyed. Towards that end, I have brought Inquisitors from the Church of Dominicus, that have a great deal of knowledge in fighting creatures of the Nether. I have brought members of my former organization, skilled soldiers with honor and valor in their hearts, and the will to fight these things no matter the odds. I have allied myself with the Lady Gywien here, who brings her own talents to this conflict, as well as the Lady Winthrope, who just spoke. But most importantly of all, I bring this..."

He unsheathed Tal-Alkeen, the Sword of Anochrim, holding it before him for all to see.

"Behold Tal-Alkeen. Slayer of demons, vanquisher of foes, and the Sword of Caesar. This shall be a potent tool against these things as I have been told it is rife with magic against them. If I can, I will cut out the beast's hearts, be they one or seven, with this."

"I agree there needs to be a forward assault and at least one support group, but if I am to be leader, I need to pick those that will accompany me, and you Fauna, will not be in that group. If we are unsuccessful, we will need those who can devise a different strategy against it, for if we fail, it will be well known a direct assault will not work. You will stay behind and work with Professor Moore and Lady K'Mith towards that end. Your skill and experience will prove very helpful in that endeavor."

Besides, you sabotaged me on our last encounter you treacherous bitch, and I will not give you the opportunity to do so again... At least Ashari had the good graces to come to her senses and realize that standing against me was as good as standing with the demons. Elaine didn't trust you as far as she could throw you, and I won't have you endangering her with hesitation and ambition. This is about rescuing her, not about furthering your own ends... His thoughts betrayed the true reason for his rebuke of her.

"As for your questions of Chambermaids, her life is threatened as well. She had the courage to show, and the courage to stand against the dark as much as any other. Any other talk is merely discord and unwelcome here. We are here to stand against demons, not to discuss social status. Her life and her decisions are just as valuable as any other."

The old fire is back... No longer will I stand defeated and broken. Now I will fight with all that I am, and to my last breath. Long live Caesar, long live the Empire... His thoughts were not bitter and angry, but defiant and bold.
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"If we must..." Ashari replied, though it seemed an event more for show than anything else. If Ulder couldn't kill the demon with the assistance of Ashari and whomever else he deemed good enough to come along, then all was lost, for Elaine, for the city, and perhaps all of Tazlure.

Ash nodded her head when her name was spoken by the Captain. Indeed, he was most obviously the leader of their group. Even if they hadn't suggested him, he would've eventually stepped forward - in the heat of battle with a needed command or perhaps by saving the life of one of his comrades. Either way, in the end, it was his voice they would all listen for to tell them what to do, and Ash was no exception to that.

The mage couldn't offer anything else to the conversation aside from her ears. She chose to remain in the background, watching with her steely gray eyes. The exposure of the magnificent sword changed little for her. It was a symbol of something greater, though, and she hoped it could bring good faith among those who were citizens of the isle.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Blue eyes regarded the former captain of Purple Guard for a brief moment, blue eyes that, for a flicker of moment, regarded him as a fool, but as suddenly as it appeared, the emotion quickly vanished, replaced by icy indifference, cooly gazing at Ulder with a penetrating look.

"Excuse me, Ulder?" Her voice was soft, yet there was a hint of daggers there as the woman fully stepped out of the shadows, her flawless face clearly seen and her pruple robe rustling as she moved gracefully forward. "You want me to stay here at the University of Magick with professor Moore?" She asked, as if she could not hardly believe what she was hearing, her blue eyes looking at Barret (that instant moment, the Querist could see the flicker of deep anger simmering inside the blonde woman) and back again to Ulder. "Are you quite sure, Ulder? With Professor Moore quite busy, I shall be left alone and I may get bored and..." Her sickly sweet voice trailed off, fully amused, knowing that a hint of a threat could be clearly seen within her veiled sentence and flashed the former captain a small, innocent smile, her flawless, sweet face contradicting her dark soul and heart.

Your move, Ulder.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Jolanda's eyes narrowed, Ahh so soon. It was inevitable really, so many persons on edge, primed for life or death, champing at the bit to be started on, jostling for position, a competitor does not simply step aside...

For a moment Jolanda questioned Ulders wisdom of assigning Fauna, an obviously strong woman, to a group other than the spearhead. But then as Fauna spoke, she revealed to all just why Ulder had placed her at a distance. "Is that a threat of sabotage?" Jolanda asked plainly.

Yes Fauna spoke so sweetly, her expression, so innocent... Jolanda had used such feminine ploys herself. While perhaps they might work upon men, upon Jolanda it had a stomach roiling effect. "How about I promise to keep you company then?" Jolanda turned and met Ulder’s eyes, her expression flat, the prospect of babysitting failed to thrill.
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Corbin listened silently as Ulder spoke. Certainly it was good that he had such a formidable weapon to hand, though Corbin was of the mind that it was character that would win this day, not the implements they had. Still, if you had nothing with which to attack the beat, then no matter what your character you would perish.

Then they spoke of support and assault groups. Corbin assumed he would be in the latter. He did not see what use he could be in support - after all his skills were with the blade, and with offensive magic. And, of course, he wanted to be there as the thing died.

It seemed that Fauna had the same thing in mind - her disappointment was natural, but as she continued to speak Corbin's mind turned a little darker at the tone of her words. She might get bored and do what? The implication seemed to be sabotage, though of course she could simply mean that she would get bored and wander off. Yet if that was the case, why say it?

Such a thought was apparently not limited to Corbin as Jolanda chose to speak up, asking what was on Corbin's mind, though it lacked the tact that he might have used to broach the subject. He was less than convinced by Jolanda's offer to stay behind - it was of course an honourable offer, but he suspected that were Fauna desirous of mischief she would quickly deal with Jolanda. Then again, Corbin did not know the woman or her powers. Still, at the risk of discord setting in he felt the need to speak up.

"I think it best to leave the decisions to the leader of our group - indeed the leader who you have voiced your support for, Fauna." Corbin said, his voice filled with the patrician upbringing he had had. "If indeed he judges that your best use is to stay behind and assist Professor Moore, then that is what you must do. Indeed it is an honour to be chosen to co-ordinate a second assault on the demon. The hopes of the Citadel will rest in your hands should our assault fail."

That said, Corbin felt that Fauna would be of great use in the assault. His experience of her had merely been her as a mage - and they would need all of those they could rally. But, of course, disunity could serve only to damage their cause.

"We have chosen Ulder as our leader. We must respect his decisions - if we are disunited, if we are not of common cause, then the Changer will exploit that weakness and we shall fail." Corbin said gravely. "If anyone has concerns over their part then naturally they can speak to the Captain privately, but his say is final, and his authority should not be directly questioned in an open forum." Corbin was a strong believer in authority and its effective governance. Still, if Fauna was determined to sabotage then there was nothing they could do but take her with them.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Professor Acantha spoke up again. "To be clear, no one will be staying here in the rooms of Professor Moore." She said flatly. "Moore and K'mith will not wake from their trance until dawn. Moreover, these quarters are so heavily warded as to make using magic at a distance near impossible for all but Professor Moore.

Acantha indicated the map. "There is a smal tower on the outer wall of Citadel that we use to examine the sea and perform experiments. The lighthouse would be in view but far enough away to avoid initial engagement with his minions. That is where the mages not ready for battle should deploy." She offered.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

Becca sighed in relief, mumbling "Thank all the Gods," into Morgan's shoulder before sitting up and grinning at Acantha. "Thank you professor, that's... That's one hell of a relief."

The girl didn't speak when it came to picking the leaders; she knew about two other people in the room, recognised two others from somewhere - and didn't have a high opinion of them - and didn't want to nominate them. In fact, she wanted Morgan and Elvin as far away from this demon as possible, but the odds of that happening were pretty much non-existant.

The thing that prompted words from her? Fauna, naturally.

"For the same reason we've got a prostitute, evidentally." was Becca's response, giving Fauna a small, icily polite smile. "To distract people from what they're supposed to be doing." Without actually looking away from the prostitute in question, Becca called "I appreciate the defence, sir. Thank you. I'll help keep the Duchess out of trouble if you'd like?" There was no way she would be on the front lines; if nothing else, she was still hobbling around like an old woman, as they'd might have noticed when she came in, and probably wouldn't be able to keep up. The fact that she didn't actually have anything useful to offer was just a secondary fact.

And "keeping the Duchess out of trouble" would be a pleasure, not a duty. If nothing else, they could have a little conversations about mechanical spiders, knives, and where the hell Becca knew her from.
Last edited by Becca Acerbi on Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

She listened with bemused interest, her dark heart gleefull, as she heard the response coming from Becca. If felt like old times, everything seemed to be familiar and she would have wanted to hug the strange, unpopular girl that instant when she remarked. Yes, the girl has a special place inside the Dak Enchantress' heart, even if Fauna ridicule Becca, the girl would still remain inside her dark heart, almost like a toy, to be cherished in perpetuality. If need be, the Amunic Girl would protect the little girl, perhaps, guide her to the ultimate power. Wasn't that power for, to grant life and protection and grant swift death to one's enemy.

But be it as it may, Fauna indifferently swept her blue eyes around the room, focusing her flawless face upon each person as they speak, giving them her seeming undivided attention. She would have wanted to titter out loud, but they all were quite serious and mocking them further would, Fauna knew, get things in a very bad predicament.

The final answer, inevitably, would come from Ulder. Yet at that moment, Fauna Winthrope's regard for him was crumbling down. This decision that he had decided was a very bad move. She wasn't the enemy here, the enemy was the Daemon and Fauna was eager to help, very eager actually, to remove the power from Elaine for Fauna was a jealous creature, the jealousy gnawing within her very bones that someone was more powerful than her. Besides, this Nether encroachment threathened her more than the normal citizen of the Citadel.

So, patiently, serenely, the Dark Enchantress turned her blue eyes back to Ulder, questioning, his decision will judge if he was fit enough to assume the leadership that was given to him, the leadership that she was, slowly, doubting.

ooc: I think we need an OOC thread for this mission. :p
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Barrett
Priest of Aurelius - Querist

Post by Barrett »

Barrett fully understood Ulder’s decision. Fauna was a problem. She could not be trusted to do what needed to be done. She might easily become a tool of the Changer – assuming she wasn’t already. Yet leaving her behind was even more dangerous. She could cause havoc among the weakened mages. Worse, she could lead any support forces astray.

No, as far as the querist was concerned, the only place for Fauna was a securely locked room in the vicinity of the Rosestone. Perhaps it could be arranged. Later.

He looked from Ulder to Jolanda to Acantha and finally to the would-be “Queen”.

“If I may interject my own opinion here…”
As if any Aurelian would resist.
“It seems to me that Misstress Winthrope’s, er, talents - such as they are - would be of more use in the field. She might be capable of dealing with Changer’s minions. Her lack of perspective and leadership skills would most likely make her a liability in any secondary plan of attack.”

He leaned in close to breath the next sentences into Ulder’s ear alone, his senses primed to catch any magical eavesdropping attempt.

“If we fail, we must take her down with us so that she is no threat to whoever comes behind. The other alternative is to ask the Wardens of the University to keep her locked up, but our only justification would be suspicion…”
valsert
Sergeant of the Purple Guard

Post by valsert »

Being a rather shy man, Valsert was not much for conversation atleast not around those he did not know. Yet he could see the conversation of some beginning to draw blood with its sharp barbs.

He may not have seen many groups of this size, with this much power, but he had broken up enough arguments and fights among soldiers on patrol to know his way around it.

A mission is doomed if the soldiers can not focus on the objective the quote sprang to his mind from past classes...classes that would no longer be taught to the Empires future heros. He quickly shrugged such thoughts aside as they were useless now.

"Captain Ulder" he said as he stood up from crouching with the other former Guardsmen, and moved to stand next to his Captain. His Guardsmans blade swayed from his hip and the sword recently granted to him hung in a makeshift sheath across his back.

"I will not pretend to have knowledge on the workings of the honorable mages among us, nor the distance which they can send their work. However I must ask....Do you believe the dark minions will come out to fight those at the outer wall?

With many of us moving deeper into what ever hell this beast has created, hunting for him, It is my thoughts that he will consolidate his power against the direct attack."

Taking his eyes from Captain Ulder, he began to walk among the others gathered, making eye contact with them to draw them to his words, much as he would instruct soldiers.

I have seen part of the host this thing can muster. The group of us who enters into that place must be large enough that many can stand and hold back its minions while you hunt further.

What ever force come, someone must hold them off until the beast is dead....and that leaves very few swords if any, to assist the defense of the outer wall."

Light above. If these people are not trusted, not ready, then why are they here? The beasts die on a sword after all The thought passed him by quickly as memories of the magical storm came to him, and along with it the memories of the flying fire lizards which were too quick for even a master of the blade.
Last edited by valsert on Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Ulder listened to Barret's advice and shook his head gently in disgusted frustration.

"Miss Winthrope... I had such high hopes for you. I had hoped you would come to your senses, abandon these little games and come stand with us against these things. You have confirmed my every suspicion about you with that little threat, and now there is no one here that will trust you."

"You have tried to manipulate me with your magic before, you sabotaged me at the gates this morning, and now you threaten Professor Moore and Lady K'Mith. I'm beginning to wonder who's side you're on."

The former Captain shifted his weight and studied the woman carefully.

"It seems we have some volunteers to stay behind and accompany you, so I am going to take them up on their offer and ask that they do just that. You're not going. Oh, and one other thing, if anything happens to your chaperones, or to the Professor or the Duchess, I'll consider you in league with the demons and you'll share their fate."

The Captain regarded cooly and defiantly to see what her next move might be, as he spoke to Valsert's concerns. The task of appearing threatening he left to the naked steel of Anochrim's sword before him.

"I don't believe there will open fighting in the streets Sergeant. This thing is on the run. You and Master Dillon took it's lair out from underneath it and we will need to strike quickly before it can rebuild such a stronghold again. We will trust the Watch to enforce the peace. I made the mistake of not allowing them to do so once before, I will not make the same mistake twice."

Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

There was much bureaucracy and implications that were lost on Talanwei. He had not been around when these individuals had their disagreements but here was a situation put before him. There seemed to be a moderately severe disagreement between the Captain and the blonde sorceress, Fauna. Talanwei marked this woman as poisonous as she was beautiful. Her tone, her demeanor, all of these things dripped of danger. The council that had brought all together seemed on outer edge of collapse as the woman issued an implied threat. Talanwei watched as Valsert spoke and then Ulder addressed Fauna’s words. It was clear that Ulder was not going to be intimidated into bringing the sorceress into the lair of the Changeling.

The Captain cut an imposing figure standing before all present with the sword of Anochrim. Though the Caesar was no more his blade would exact justice on this Changeling, of this Talanwei was sure. The Achadiel had remained silent for a time listening to all that was strategy, disagreement, and all in between. Talanwei stepped forward when there was a moment and gave a respectful bow before he spoke.

"My blades are yours to command Captain. Though my skills are meager and my might in Illuminatus is almost altogether unrealized you have what little I can offer. If I were to speak my first desire it would be to stand with you and those in your party against this creature. It is then that my blasted common sense comes into play and tells me that this sentiment is a mite foolish. So instead of impulse guiding my request, you can order me as you wish and I follow your word as leader. I will stand with all here as friends and give my all to our cause," Talanwei said in a clear and strong voice. Ulder did not even need to respond to him directly if he chose not to, the Achadiel simply wanted to make clear that no matter what the circumstance he was dedicated to this task and would perform as he was asked.
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

"Perhaps your theatrical death and your miserable grief has addled your brain, Ulder." Fauna replied acidly, moving forward to bravely confront the former Purple knight, her blue eyes flashing menacingly, lifting her flawless face, almost a breath away from the handsome knight. "You think that Ceasar's Sword can aid you, you better think more than that, Ulder. The Nether is very dangerous, cunning and deceitful and you need more than the group you have here to defeat it." She paused, her flawless, Amunic face livid with icy anger, her bosom heaving as she surpressed the deep wrath that was holding her. "There is more to it than that, Captain." She spat the title with deep sarcasm. "There is more to it than saving your precious, little blind girl. The very existence of the Nether threatens more than the normal citizen of the Citadel, it threatens me!" For a brief moment, Ulder could see the fear that was rolling inside Fauna's blue eyes, and for that instant, he could see the old Fauna, alone and scared, afeared of what will happen if the Nether does succeed. It was as if he could see the Amunic Enchantress shackled and tortured by the enchroaching darkness.

But the anger returned suddenly, instantly wiping out the fear within her eyes, moving closer, almost inches away from Ulder's handsome face. "Do not threathen me, Ulder." She murmured to him alone. "I have never manipulated you with my magick, if I had, you would be deader than dead. I am not afraid of you. Remember that. I have conquered creatures and things more stronger than you are. But I promised you I shall help and that is what I am going to do and my word is my bond. I shall watch..." The Dark Enchantress icy, silent voice continued. "And I shall wait, and I shall be there when you do fail, but this help will cost you now, Ulder. Pray to your god that you do not fail."

"So be it then." Fauna declaired out loud, stepping back gracefully, her icy blue eyes still looking at the former Purple Knight. "I hope that your glorious leader here still has the wisdom and the capability he needs. May someone watch over all of you because you will all certainly be needing it." With that, she turned with a graceful swish of her purple robe and went out of the door as if she owned half the place.

"I shall be at the Tower Professor Acantha mentioned." Her regal voice came ghosting back at them.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

As others started questionening the Adhiel just shook his head: "This is the only knowledge I can offer you. My knowledge of such a creature isn't complete... All the information I could gather I conveyed."

He listened to Fauna and with every word she said the cold anger within hem grew. "How does she dare? How stupid can someone be? Making threats in a room with this many people?" He remained silent through the entire ordeal, though he did smile when he heard Becca's answer. "You're good enough with words, Miss Acerbi. An excellent skill."

When the dark sorceress wanted to leave the room the Mentor decided it was time to offer her a warning: "Miss Winthrope," Elvin's voice was cold as ice, "You are no longer one of my students and that relieves me from some responsibilities regarding your safebeing. Remember this well. If you ever again try to threaten and insult those people who are brave enough to stand up against the things you worship you WILL answer my challenge," the the sorcerer's eyes clearly showed his iron will. Fauna had seen it before... But it was different this time, there were no emotions that were out of check... The mage was in full control of himself and his temper. This was no idle threat...
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

There are many emotions within the vast range that humans can comprehend, and Ashari found herself rolling through a few of them as the dark maglet before her spewed out her venom. Her stomach alternately vaulted and sank as the Amunic servant spoke.

Shock.The fact that someone didn't try their best to silence her the moment it started was a miracle in itself, but Ash was not about to allow it to continue - or to allow Fauna's poison to spread. Her eyes darted with calculated intensity to meet the icy blue orbs.

Anger. "You - little bitch who thinks she's a queen - YOU, will learn to quiet your mouth infront of your betters." She glanced to Ulder who seemed to be most important in the "betters" she spoke of. It was not just the threat, but the insult, toward Ulder that had pushed her anger to a point of little return. Fauna damned them for trying and promised their failure. If it weren't for the fact that she needed to save her energy to destroy a different demon Ash would've tried her hand at smooshing Fauna right there.

Restraint. Though her mind immediately delved to the minty saftey of her core where she was fully prepared to make a shield - no matter the difficulty that Acantha had suggested via the wards - if it were necessary to protect herself from the vile bimbo infront of her - she did not prepare any offensive magicks of any kind.

Denial. Ashari was fully capable of killing Fauna - atleast to herself. She had already gotten an incredibly aweful vibe from the woman earlier when Ulder chose to align himself to her. It now seemed that Ashari was right afterall. Later, later she could crush the infidel who suggested they had no chance - once they suceeded. It would be an act of victory to watch the demoness burn. They would destroy the Changer, save Elaine and then kill Fauna. "When the demon is dead, it is you I will be looking for." It was cryptic and threatening and didn't need a declaration of why exactly she needed to look for her. Her eyes stared sternly into Fauna's with an unspoken challenge that wasn't to back down.

Acceptance. It was the way it was. She sighed deeply and shook her head. No changing her, or her ways. Iorn had been tainted. The sword had done something to him and made him marked for all eternity with something he could not erase. Fauna, as well, carried such a thing. Ashari did not have to see it or sense it to know it. There was something beyond her that would beckon to things like the Changer, and for that reason alone, she needed to stay behind.

Power. Jolanda... "Your charge has left. We wouldn't want you to lose your baby that you're to watch." When the woman moved, Ash spoke quietly, more for her. "Be careful, please." She didn't know her, but she didn't have to, she knew she was here to help, and that's all that mattered. "Nothing will happen to you. She's irresponsible and flaky - but not dumb." Ash smiled with the most warmth she could muster under the circumstances.

"Ulder. We need to move. Our groups are fairly obvious. Are you ready?" Miss Gywien was most definately ready. Cautiously, Ash put her hand on Ulder's arm. "We will succeed, Ulder. I promise." She made no promises about Elaine, though... she couldn't even guess to that. They would kill the Changer, and looking around at all the young faces she realized that it would kill a good many of them as well.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Corbin's right hand rose to his temple, pushing his haird back in frustration as the internecine feuds threatened to overwhelm the grouping. This was why those that were bred to leadership should have it. It came naturally to them. Yet Corbin had neither the rank or experience to lead this party, and thus had to follow the lead of others. But it still bridled.

With a clear and powerful voice he spoke up again.

"Ladies, gentlemen - we are of one cause. Surely those that have come here today have done so to defeat the demon? Everyone has different motives. Have any of you come here to avenge the death of Bregana, a young adhiel student of the University who died at the hands of the Changer?" He questioned. "No, you have not - but I have. Some of us may share similar motives, some may have very different motives - but what is clear is that we all have the death of this demon foremost in our mind."

Corbin paused for a moment.

"Some of us may in other times be enemies, but the enemy of our enemy is our friend, and the enemy that threatens us most is the Changer. Once it is gone we may tear each other apart to our heart's content, but until then the Citadel looks to us to save it."

By now Fauna had already exitted.

"Well, the object of your distaste has left. I do not know your quarrel with her, but surely it can be settled later? For now we must strike - there is little benefit in standing around and talking. If we are to be two groups, then let us divide so that we can have at this Changer as soon as possible." Corbin announced. The time for talk was surely passing, and the time for action was nigh.
Dianissiya E'Dorian

Post by Dianissiya E'Dorian »

So Dory would go to the lighthouse then...well sure she'd actually be willing to join the first group, but that seemed a bit too dangerous even for her...

" I'm in the lighthouse group." she said walking over to professor Acantha.
" I'm not exactly sure how mutch help I can be, but it's worth a try anyway... But I didn't really understand what our main task will be...I mean sure you can always improvise along the way, but still, maybe we should try to offer some support to the first group... like trying to get them close up to the demon undetected... " Dory smiled and waved her hand as if she was talking nonsense.

"It's just a thought."
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Jolanda was regretting volunteering, inwardly cussing herself for what looked like a death wish. The more Fauna said, the more apparent it ws that she was plain trouble - worse, trouble with strength. How could I hpe to stop her if she thinks to do anything wild? Truth was, Jolanda discovered herself more scared of Fauna than some Changer. But I cannot let her see that. The chambermaid girl also volunteered, Hope she knows more than just emptying pans.

Jolanda stood to her full height, meeting first Ulders then Elvin’s with some gratitude as both issued warnings to Fauna. Course, warnings were only any good if both remained alive... Jolanda did not currently place odds too high in anyone’s favour right now. Shit.

And so the woman who revelled in becoming the centre of attention managed to continue to be so even after she had left - at a different time and place Jolanda might have marvelled to how Fauna managed to do it? But right now...

"Your charge has left. We wouldn't want you to lose your baby that you're to watch."

Jolanda turned to look with dead pan eyes at whom had spoken, the voice that dismissed her. "Your confidence is overwhelming." So it seemed there was no advice from any quarters on how they would manage Fauna, perhaps no-one knew? "Becca is it? Shall we go then?" Jolanda spoke, then pausing to discover that the little one was also going to the lighthouse - perhaps others here were too? So she added to Becca, "Or shall you come along later with the rest."

It seemed for now it was only Jolanda who needed to go after Fauna.

Once beyond the others view Jolanda broke into a trot to catch up to the other woman.
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

The woman who followed the well known Ashari around, was for lack of a better word, her apprentice. She didn't know how to exactly introduce herself to the crowd of hunters, so she let it go. Introductions were better left for after the event, less names to rememeber, or so she thought.

Aeris knew that not everyone was coming back. She knew that from what people said about the demon. He's powerful and hard to kill.. not the best of combinations in an opponent. Weak and feeble was a much better blend, but that surely wasn't the case.

She didn't have any other worldly wisdom to offer so she sat and listened to the real heroes of the group banter and bicker to one another. Ideas were cast into the light, and it was probably their best weapon. If they worked as a team, nothing was impossible. Every individual who stood or sat around offered something incredible to the gathered party. What they offered was something different, but for the same goal - and that was their tremendous power.
[i][color=brown]"I am that merry wanderer of the night."
--William Shakespeare[/color][/i]

Avatar manipulated by Ashari with stock photo by LaraFairie
Barrett
Priest of Aurelius - Querist

Post by Barrett »

Barrett offered no reaction to Fauna’s mad ( bad and dangerous to know) manners. He might have been contemplating any number of mathematical problems for all external purposes. It was from deep inside that he was forcing a meditative calm. His screen keeping the Bough inconspicuous required that he not get too agitated.

The Counselor advises, he cannot force the Champion to take any particular action. And… that is the way of the game and the way things must be. For me to be an effective observer and adviser, I cannot command. Now let’s see…

“Ah, madam!”
The scholar pulled out a bit of parchment and hastily scribbled a note whilst chasing down Jolanda.
“If need be, you might seek advice or aid at Citadel Archives. Ask for Mistress Tabeann and give her this note.”

It was not the best example of his calligraphy, but the Mistress of the Archives would recognize it easily as Barrett’s hand.
Mistress Tabeann-
This woman has taken on the daunting task of keeping watch over a dangerous sorceress (Fauna Winthrope, an associate of Andolin’s). Please help her if she has need.

-B

“Ah, so the direct assault is fairly obvious. And those who shall offer support… might plan a few illusions and wards in advance, perhaps? If there are any last questions, now is the time. Otherwise, Ulder, I am of the same mind as Lady Gywien.”
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

The former Captain sheathed the legendary steel of the Caesar, and took a few flickers to scan each face. He looked in each person's eyes and studied what he could of each soul that stood with him against these foul creatures.

"To those of you who stay behind to help and support us, you have our thanks. If we fail, you will be the bearers of ill news to the Professor and to the powers that be. If we fail, you know what went before you, and you will need to adjust your strategy accordingly. Evil thrives when good people do nothing. I am thankful that you are standing with us. Watch over us, and hold us in your prayers. We can and will succeed, but only if you are behind us."

He looked behind him at the other members of the assault team and spoke briefly to them as well.

"Whether or not you realize it right now, you hold the gratitude of the people of this island deep within your heart. If any should fall, you will not be forgotten, either by the survivors, or by the people of this island. Your names will live on as the few who stood against darkness. The ones who dared to face these things in the flesh. Peace and harmony will always prevail when individuals show the will to fight for them. I am proud to stand with you."

He gave a hand signal to the other Purple Guards present to move out and nodded at Talanwei to accompany them. He motioned for the others to stay close and approached the Inquisitors.

"If you gentlemen are ready as well... We shall begin our little hunt."

"Lady Gywien and your apprentice, Master Motrice, Master Threespan, Master Dillon, Sergeant Forrell. Let's move out."

Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

"'m going, 'm going," Becca muttered, stretching. "Me, the Duchess, and Miss Jolanda, all going to play nicely while you go kill the demons." She didn't stand up for a moment, looking round at the others. 'Please Gods don't let them die. I don't have anything I can offer you, but please...'

She hugged Morgan tightly, then managed to get up with something approaching her usual bounce to do the same to Elvin. "You two be careful, all right?" Her expression was honestly worried as she looked from one to the other. She couldn't exactly say 'I don't care if everyone else dies so long as you two come back safe,' but she could think it as loudly as she liked. Becca managed a rather weak smile. "If you die out there I'm gonna have to bring you back and kill you myself, and you know I'm gonna make it worse than anything the demon can do to you."

A quick tug on Elvin's hair for luck, a quick kiss on Morgan's cheek as she went past, and then she was gone, calling "Wait for me, Duchess!" down the corridor.
Last edited by Becca Acerbi on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Corbin's hand slipped instinctively to the sword that hung at his side as Ulder spoke, and he nodded his head.

"I am ready."

And so he was.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

“I am honored, Captain,” said Talanwei with a nod of respect.

Talanwei’s heart leapt into his throat as Ulder addressed him with the simple nod of his head. The Achadiel suppressed the urge to look about him to see if perchance he was gesturing to another. His eyes seemed to spark as he pursed his lips and began to walk trailing the Purple Guard. The aspirant gripped the hilt of his new blade, almost unconsciously. He was glad to be standing among these men and if he were marching to his death, then well, he could scarcely hope to be in better company.
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Morg

Post by Morg »

And it had all been going so well.

Morgan had been simply sitting there, content to be leant on, listening to the discussion and growing more and more uneasy as he did so, nausea rising in his throat. Truly they knew very little - no one seemed to know much more than he himself, except Elvin, and the information on the demon's hearts was welcome indeed. Worse were the blonde woman's thinly veiled threats. At the mention of the name Fauna, Morgan had recalled something that Becca had told him. Hm. Nasty piece of work. Great rack. The young mage had assessed the situation and decided that both points were entirely accurate.

But then Becca had hugged him. And kissed him. Again.

And Morgan's already overtaxed capacity for denial just couldn't take it any more. He just had to turn around mentally and say to himself: You know, I think she really... might be... interested... in me.

Worrying about things was something that Morgan could deal with. Binding cords of Aether into warding circles was something that Morgan could deal with. A daemon was something that Morgan could deal with - well, in theory, anyway. But this was something new. Something that Morgan wasn't entirely sure fitted into his world. It wasn't that the kiss wasn't nice, but it had done something very strange to his head.

It wasn't without benefits, though. Morgan noticed that the nausea, which had been building up for the past few marks, had suddenly disappeared, replaced by a comfortable tingling feeling. Gone too were the morbid thoughts he'd been entertaining. To the Nether with death. I can die any time. But I don't feel like dying here, now. I want to see where this is going! I want to find out what will happen to the two of us!

He hardly noticed himself rising to his feet, and only when he was standing did he realise that he was actually planning to hurtle out of the room after Becca. He checked himself in time, and managed to calm his breathing before glancing round at the others.

"Who else is heading to the tower on the wall?" he asked, in a louder voice than he'd intended.

(OOC: Apologies for the self-indulgent post... :roll:)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”