An Eventide in the Dortman - ET Chyril 22nd, open

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Darjan Cain
Criminal at large

Post by Darjan Cain »

Darjan nodded silently as Tristam explained the presence of a full set of writing equipment in his pouch. Naturally Darjan didn't carry such things, but then they were the instruments of Tristam's trade in just the way that Darjan's weapons were his. Both could be profitable if used in the right way.

He waited whilst Tristam wrote down the introduction on the piece of parchment. It was of course good to have something tangible to show the guildmistress, to demonstrate that he was not there dishonestly - it would hopefully speed things up as well. Taking the paper off his partner-to-be he slipped it into a pouch inside his clothing where it would stay safe until withdrawn the following day.

Lifting the last of his drink to his lips he poured it down, savouring the taste.

"Well then, Master Tormson. Where can I find you once I have had an interview with the guildmistress?" He enquired, placing the empty wine glass down on the bar.
2nd PC for Corbin Dillon

Avatar by Sedone Thongvilay at [url=http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/list.pl?gallery=2145]Epilogue[/url]
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

"The finest," the barman replied with a grin. "We've some roast lamb with new potatoes this evening, if it will please you?" He waited for Arnholt's reply before leaving to place the order, returning a burn later with a frosty mug filled with the fine Ale that Arnholt had requested.

The trio of ladies that had caught the newcomer's attention took the empty booth nearest the bar. The soft sound of laughter soon reached the patrons at the bar as a young waiter approached their table. From the smiles of both waiter and waited, it was clear that the ladies were regulars of this establishment and much admired by their young host.

As the waiter approached the bar, coming to stand beside Arnholt, the barman placed three glasses of deep red wine onto the smooth surface. "They never change, do they," the barman asked with a chuckle.

"Never," the young man agreed, placing the glasses on his tray then turning away with a grin. "And for that will I always thank Domincus!"
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Well I am often found here but it would be to better to leave a message with the barman to set up a meet." Tristam suggested. "Or to the Avarita if it is urgent news." He added. "The Lillies themselves can also get messages to me if need be. And where shall I find you when I need to contact you?"
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Arnholt
Civus

Post by Arnholt »

"Oh, sure," Arnholt told the barman. "That sounds great. Haven't hardly eaten all day."

What he was thinking, however, was Lillies? Bloom? What the hell? Sounded like these guys beside him were talking in some kind of cant or code. Mighty damn interesting, whatever it was about. Interesting, yes. Useful? Maybe, maybe not. Sounded like some shady doings, but the traveler didn't know enough of the broader context to make much sense of it. For all he knew he was overhearing the logistical planning of some kind of kinky sex orgy. Which wouldn't stop him from remembering the name Avarita. Or that this guy in brown was apparently a regular here. After all... you never knew.

"Them ladies come here often, huh?" Arnholt asked the barman as the wine was carted away. An idle question, really, since he mostly didn't give a damn. He did sort of wonder about their popularity with the staff here, of course. But then he wondered about a lot of little things.
Darjan Cain
Criminal at large

Post by Darjan Cain »

Darjan paused for a moment, wondering where he should direct him. His current residence was far from salubrious. He didn't frequent the Avaritia - after all, there was scant reason for him to do so for he was no trader, and he was not a man of wealth yet. Perhaps he would discover an acumen for business, perhaps not, but for now he had other considerations.

"I think here is best." Darjan said. "I too enjoy the hospitalities of the inn frequently, and I shall see to it that the barman is willing to pass on a message." He said. Coin greased many paths. He could not give any emergency contact details, for most of his time was spent on the streets either on the prowl, or strolling about taking in the ambience - and of course the patterns of guard movements, the political climate and the ostentatiously wealthy.

He stood up from his seat.

"Well, Master Tormson, if there is nothing else I shall part company with you, pleased at having made our acquaintance." He said.
2nd PC for Corbin Dillon

Avatar by Sedone Thongvilay at [url=http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/list.pl?gallery=2145]Epilogue[/url]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"An agreeable meeting." Tristam nodded. "Until next we meet, farewell." The last word was said in the adhiel tongue. Tristam turned back to the bartender to arrange for a meal. Roast lamb sounded quite good to him.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Darjan Cain
Criminal at large

Post by Darjan Cain »

Darjan smiled and nodded.

"Farewell." He said in the adhiel tongue as well, then turned on his heel and smoothly exited the inn and headed off to finish the day with a silent walk about the streets.
2nd PC for Corbin Dillon

Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

"Regular enough," the barman replied, giving a brief nod good-bye to Darjan. "'Bout twice a week. Usually welcome for company too," he winked at Arnholt knowingly.

Seeing Tristam waiting to order, he turned his attention to the merchant. "Ready to order, signore?"
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Roast lamb with spiced potatoes and if they've made pudding from the lamb drippings I'll have that as well." Tristam ordered. "And another glass of Kahlani Red." He added after draining his glass.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Arnholt
Civus

Post by Arnholt »

Arnholt just looked back at the barman unknowingly. He made no effort to hide his puzzlement.

"Welcome for company as in good, friendly folk? Or 'welcome for company' as in whores?" he asked bluntly. And flashed his comradely smile, just to show he meant no offense. "Help a fellow out, here, friend. I'm new in town. Don't yet know the little ways of the place, like. So come to think of it," he added as an afterthought, "I would be real grateful for some friendly conversation. You know. Tthe news of the day and all. What all's been going on in World's Mouth as of late? Last news I had was of the secession from the Western Kingdom."

Sad but true. The crew of the smuggling ship that had brought Arnholt to these fair shores had been sadly ignorant of current events in World's Mouth, among other things. By and large they hadn't been the sort to ask questions... or answer them. That lot had been content to sail their illicit runs to Nether's Gate and back again for nine months out of the year, and to spend the rest of it piss-drunk and scratching at sores and lice acquired from whatever cheap dockside whores wouldn't throw up at the sight of them.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: I'm picking this up only to round it off. Seems the time has gone long past :)

IC: The barman laughed "You are frank one, arn't you? The ladies will be none to pleased to be called the whore." His voice dripped "Even if they are." He winked, entertaining Arnholt with some tales of the place, most of which he had probably learned from the talk in the streets.

Meanwhile Tristam was served with this dish without much ado. It was warm, tasted of the Mouth... nothing less and nothing more.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Arnholt
Civus

Post by Arnholt »

"Yeah. I'm a plain-dealing villain, as the saying goes." Arnholt smiled broadly. "Wouldn't call them women whores to their faces, of course. There's frank and then there's stupid."

The big man kept smiling while the barman regaled him with a few tales of local affairs, as requested. Bizarre stuff about draymen organizing into some sort of killer union and people fighting over fucking coffee. Arnholt just let the chatter wash over him, figuring that tales from his own home city would probably sound just as inane to an outsider there. He lost some of his habitual good humor, though, when Tristam got served ahead of him. And here he'd placed his order ages beforehand and still had yet to see anything but his goddamn ale.

So that's the score, huh?

Well, in an upscale joint like this, it wasn't entirely surprising that a well-dressed local got quicker service than a shabby outlander like Arnholt. Way of the world. It still left the big man feeling a bit pissed off, though. But he'd already paid for his room and had to make the best of it, and anyway, he was grown up enough to know that the mild slight wasn't worth throwing a tantrum over. What he did do was wolf down his meal, if and when it finally came, and then spend enough banners on ale to make an obnoxious drunken ass of himself... not so much out of any sense of revenge as because he no longer particularly cared whether he was still welcome here in the morning.

When he finally staggered off to bed, Arnholt was already grumbling to himself that he'd be damned if he spent another night in a snooty place like this, regardless.

OOC: Hope this is okay to cap off Arnholt's part of this thread. Doesn't matter to me how much additonal he spent on drinks, by the end he was probably too drunk to keep track. Unless they cut him off early on.:)
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: looks great ;) Fin!
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Assimilated by a skilling robot

Locked, archived
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “World's Mouth Archive”