Dort Entrance Thread

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Roger hummed as he concentrated upon writing the words merchant/dairy farmer next to Joseph's name in his log. After he did, Roger looked the young man over and then peered behind him on the off chance he missed a wagon full of cheese behind him. No goods made the merchant claim a little thin but it wouldn't be the first time a businessman came to make a deal and then produce the goods.

"Very good, sir." The guard nodded. "I'll just remind you that the Duke does levy a tax upon the goods sold within and you must must submit them to inspection at the guard post before entry. The penalties for not doing so are severe." Roger doubted that the lad was about pull out a wheel of cheese from his pouch but if he did have something to declare, now was the time. "Do you understand, sir?"
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Joseph didn't pay much attention to the guard for this was merely a reconaissance mission to find out where to sell the goods so he didn't have any actually on him.

"Yes I do, thank you for that I'll bear it in mind," Joseph said to the guard hoping there was no more to say. Though he waited a bit to see if there was anything more to add. Then thinking to add, "Can you tell me which street would be the best to go down to reach the Drunken Duck."
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"That's all we need from you sir." THe guard nodded. "You'll the Drunken Dunk along this main street. Just keep going straight. You can't miss it." Roger waved him on into the city.

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Feel free to start up a thread at the Duck or wherever else strikes your fancy.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Locked for skilling and archiving!
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Skilled :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “Dort Archive”