Troth - Hand of the Kona - Chyril 25th - Late TT

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

The ice of the wall was nothing more than that. Just ice. It did however contain tiny pinholes, pits and cracks, invisible to the naked eye, but not to the touch. When Hex's fingertips touched the wall she felt a powerful presence, similar to the Ice Queen's but vastly different, and far less powerful. Still there was something of power and magnitude to these figures, and she could almost taste it through her hand.

Her push brought resistance, the hard unyielding ice held firm against her touch. It was thick, deep, and old... It was frozen so hard it would take a mighty blow to punch into it or to crack it. With the right blow, chunks of it would shatter.

Reiker moaned from his place on the ice a few paces away. It was not the sound of an awakening man, but more of a sound of nightmare or dream. There was no sign of response or dream in Lori. Her pale skin simply seemed more pale from the cold.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Just ice...

The thought flicked through Hex's mind as she touched the surface before her.

Her hair whipped around as her head snapped to see who could disturb her with their moans. Her eyes narrowed at Langredoc and Lori's collapsed forms on the palace floor. She made a motion to bring her finger to her lips and make a motion to 'quit'. Smiling she turned her attention back to the task at hand.

Hex closed her eyes and brought forth the vision of the days of lore and the wild women of Trothgard leaping from their boats snatching up slaves.

Then she opened her eyes once again but she was not looking at the ice, she was looking within it. She let the power trickle through the ice, through every crack and fissure and bubble. She felt the old power, the ancientness of this very block of ice. This block of ice that she was going to smash.

Burns passed while she explored the ice and then she had it. Pulling the feather from her hair she poked the end of it into the spot she was going to focus everything she had on. She didn't notice at the time but as she stepped back she ground her beads into the floor. Even if she had noticed, it would not have mattered, the past was in the past, the future unwritten and the present was all that mattered.

Hex pulled the footman's mace from her back and stood for a moment before the wall, admiring it's strength and beauty.

I knew there was a reason I brought this thing...

Not only did Hex swing with all her love and hate into the spot she marked but she brought forth her power to assist her in breaking the ice.

She didn't scream but snarled
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Even through the mace she felt the cold. A huge chunk of ice was ripped away, and thousands of icy shards exploded into the room, spilling everywhere. Hex's mace shattered into nothingness as well with the impact and she was covered in icy, frosty bits that clung to her skin.

A terrible, hysterical laughter could be heard somewhere and to Langredoc and Hex, it was difficult to tell if it was even something they could hear or something that was inside their heads.

The little bits of ice began to dance and shiver on Hex's flesh. As they melted, they didn't melt into water and sluice away, but rather began to burrow painfully into the warrior maiden's skin. A swift and horrendous agony soon followed as pain grew more and more intense.

To Langredoc's eyes, the ice was melting into Hex's skin and turning it white. Her face was twisted and contorted in a silent scream of agony. She collapsed before him in a sudden heap, leaving him the only one to see the first great figure step from out of his icy prison, and back into the world again.

The bits and shards of crumbled and damaged ice crackled and ground beneath his mighty heel. He was taller than Langredoc by a foot and wore the head of a great white bear as a headdress. The Axe he carried was double bladed and each was at least an arm's length long. His beard was thick and white, and his eyes were steel and gray. He glanced about the room, remembering...

Hex awoke from her ordeal to find this huge man standing over her. Her skin was white as snow, starkly contrasting with the red of her hair. There was no pain, but there was something else. A rumbling deep down in her soul. From far away it was as if trumpets were sounding, a fanfare of some sort in her ears. She he could hear the song of the wind, the rumble of the ice and the cry of the bear as clearly as anything she had ever heard before. When she looked up, she knew his name was Braagi...
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

When the head of the mace hit the wall of ice the world as Hex knew it was gone forever. Some people can point back to moments in their life and say, 'That was significant'. For Hex there was simply going to be before and after.

When the head hit the wall there was not even a flicker between the the impact and its result. Ice flew in all directions in small flacks and large chunks. She was covered in it and at first thought nothing of it.

The ice though was not 'just ice'. The ice was old and ancient and had enprisioned powerful beings. At first Hex felt the touch of the cold ice on her skin and then she realized that the ice was not melting. The first wave of pain took her like a mailed fist to the back of the head. She opened her mouth to scream in protest of the intrusion into her flesh but her lips betrayed her, snarling instead in her state of twisted agony.

It felt like frost burn digging into her skin, bleeding away the colour and texture of her skin until her skin resembled the frosty look of fresh fallen snow. For the first time in her life the pain was too much. She saw the frost spreading through her hands as she held them before her eyes and then she saw the figure step forth from his icy prison before the blackness closed in on her.

All was not black within her though. It has been said that that which does not kill you makes you stronger. This witch was a killer and by no means dead. Was it a test? A test by cold to prover her worth?

Hex first awoke in her mind. There she listened to the sound of the ice thrashing against itself in the North Sea, she could hear the roar of the bear and the song of the wind.

She opened her eyes a sliver to see what had become of the room that she lay. She could see the figure standing over her, Braagi. The ice had not only changed the colour and texture of her skin, it had given her some of its memory of the old days. Hex quickly glanced to the wall to see the full extent of her hit. She needed to know if the others would be joining them soon.

Hex flipped and rolled to her feet so that she was standing before the large man looking up and him.

"Braagi, I am Hex, the Witch of the North."
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

OOC: Sorry for the late reaction, I had some .... issues

The young warrior wanted to curse,... in stead he just shrugged. Hex words hardly made him feel better. After a few flickers he answered slowly "As far as I know....I am a free man now.... and I shall die as one."

The lights where to Langredoc as cold as the surrounding ice. When the heat was turned up by Hexe's words.

It brought laughter to the young man... laughter that was building up until it exploded inside the hall. Langredoc laughed so hard that tears formed in his eyes. When the sound bounced of the surroundings and touched the man again he suddenly stopped.

After a few flickers of recapturing his breath he smiled.... Hex was so wrong in so many ways when she thought that he was a mere mercenary. He had promised himself a long time ago that he would not be just a mere mercenary. A quick glance at the woman behind him told him why he really accepted the yob.

"Hex, I am a free man.... My weapons are only used by my own choice. Its just that I am lousy at farming that I call it a mercenary job. At least it offers food."

Silence surrounded him while his eyes watched Hex movements. It was hard to understand what Hex did, but when the ice was embedded in her skin he shivered. His instincts stopping him from acting when the large man bowed over the fallen woman. Not that he could do much more then rise.

Something hold him back from grabbing his weapons, maybe this man was not a danger. The Red Warrior could be hot blooded but this felt more like a cold hell.

While she attacked the ice covered tombs or prisons he pondered not for long and placed the long sword back at its place while he searched for a more practical weapon. So he pulled himself to Reikers body, wanting to pick up the tall man's axe he remembered, it was not there. So maybe he had remembered wrongly, it forced the warrior to take out his sword again and to move to join Hex, his anger would serve him well on this wall. He just tried to stay away from the chards coming of the wall. It was not his idea of a perfect evening with a woman though. It started to become quickly the perfect nightmare... the thought brought a grin on the man's face.
Last edited by Langredoc on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Braagi's eyes were hard like pieces of flint as he stared deep into Hex's soul. He said nothing, but turned and began to knock more ice away to free the others.

Another figure stirred from the icy prison and stepped forth. He was skinny and deformed, with a club foot and beggar's clothes. His face was scrunched up in a squint, as if the low light in the room was too much for his eyes to bear. His right hand was missing two fingers, and what little hair he had was plastered to his head from the moisture. In an instant, Hex new his name was Tor.

"Ah..." He screeched, his voice hoarse and broken sounded after much disuse.

"The temple... Braagi we are still in the temple..."

He shivered and huddled with his hands tucked into his armpits as he tried to regain his warmth. Braagi made no response and continued to free the others.

"Hex eh? You are the Kona now? Where are the white wolves? Where is your spear and the white raven?"

He cackled and the strain broke him into a fit of coughing.

"Braagi! Here is the Kona!" He called after the silent warrior. The tall, powerfully built man looked back for a moment, but then resumed his task.

"You'll have to forgive him Kona Hex, Braagi hasn't had anything to say for ten thousand yahren..."

The beggar man sneezed and coughed a few more times, his eyes trailed to Langredoc as he recovered.

"And you must be the Embol! Well, well. Isn't this the royal treatment...?"
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Kona Hex...

Hex smiled. She wanted to laugh but she could not bring her self to at the time.

"No friend Tor, I am not the Kona, she is dead. She was killed by Skaali, the Embol. This man behind me is Langredoc, an outsider to our lands and our Queen. He is the sworn protector of 'The First of the Last', which would be Lori, the woman passed out on the floor."

Hex paused sighed and licked her lips.

"No, I hold no spear, have no raven and have not the wolves you speak of. I am the Witch of the North, I do the will of my Queen. If I have any title other than that then it is 'the Warrior'."

Hex watched as Braagi worked effortlessly to free the others. She moved to pick up her polearm and looked about the chamber. She wanted to remember being here, the palace she sought for so long.

"There is much to discuss..., much has changed in ten thousand yahren."
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

"Friend Tor, a thousand yahren... ??" Langredoc wisely kept his mouth shut, while chuckling inside about the sworn protector bit. Sure nobody would hurt Lori.... he would make them eat their own guts ten times over. But sworn protector ?? It was just his personal code that he would protect her. Well... maybe not just that.

The young man touched his sword for reassurance feeling the cold hard sharp metal... in the end his word would always be stronger then any weapon he concluded.

It bothered the warrior a bit that these.... people.. things.. where so old... it could make life very complicated when they turned out to be hostile.

With this thought in mind he moved back towards Lori...
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

The little beggar man Tor frowned at Hex's explanation.

"Sorry little one. You cannot be the Witch of the North if you are not the Kona. The two are one and the same. And if this isn't the Embol, then you're no more witch than I am..."

Braagi freed another, and this time instead of the white clad individual stepping forth and into the room, as soon as the figure was able, he or she was gone in the blink of an eye. It happened so fast, one would wonder if there truly was anything there. Braagi made no motion that he was surprised in the least, and set about freeing the next.

"First of the Last you say?" Tor continued. "That makes a bit more sense then. The last slave in all of Trothgard will be a might priestess in her own right."

The hunched little man stared at Langredoc, one eye cocked forward and bulging.

"That likely makes you the Warrior. You don't seem the Shaper type, and I certainly don't see anything that would lead me to believe that you're any sort of Chronicler, heh!"

His gaze flicked back to Hex.

"So what does that make you? You have the Gjof... But do you know how to use it?"
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex listened to the words of Tor. She did not take offence at his contradiction as to what was happening, or for that matter who was whom. Hex had been called many things and had not been called many as well. Kona Hex just sounded...weird.

Hex nodded her head as the beggar spoke.

"The things you say could be true. What though makes a Kona? Is it that I shall be or could be one of the Ice Queens last representatives on the soil of Trothgard? Perhaps though I was before the Embol cut his swath through those that had lost their way."

Hex took a moment and looked at her frosty white hand as if it had always been that way.

"Much has changed in the last two years, let alone my life time or ten thousand lifetimes. I will be and do as is the will of my Queen and I will challenge anyone to the title of Witch of the North. If that is all that makes me Kona than so be it, but that is not a Kona in my eyes. The Kona is more than a title, the Kona is the Queen representative to the people of Trothgard and the woman whom guides them..."

Hex snapped her mouth shut and looked hard to the beggar Tor. She could not see the falling snow in her eyes but they must have been a storm as they looked into the broken man from the wall of ice.

Foolish girl tricked so easily Hex shook her head and smiled at the man.

"I think that before I speak too much out of turn I should go see my brother warlock Skaali, whom had the tarmen to do the thing I could not. We as a people have been out of balance and now balance will be brought back to the people."

Hex turned and looked at Langredoc.

"Are you a mercenary? A solider? The warrior?"

Hex paused a flicker.

"I cannot pay you as a hired hand anymore. You must choose to be here, with her, with me. I will reward your service with what I can and what a man who's sword is second to his word deserves, but the choice for you to be here must be your own and not that of the coin. I have hinted to this before but now that I plan to have words with Skaali I need to know from here on in that the man who is the outsider of another god follows me because he believes in the goal, not the payment."

Ice chipped and fell behind her as Braagi worked away.

Looking over her shoulder while Langredoc looked to his answer...

"The Shaper is with Skaali, the Embol, the Chronicler. I suggest a family reunion of sorts.."
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc rose a eyebrow listening to the words of the man called Tor called him something like "The Warrior"....

It seemed highly unlikely to the man that he would be "The Warrior" if he wanted to think that it was ok with Langredoc. At least it made no enemy out the man, and Langredoc did heed no mind on what he was called. He had been called much, much worse.

He checked on Lori and made sure that he would not freeze to death. Then he did the same for Reiker... the worlds of Hex where clear while turned back to faze the warrior priestesses.

She said "I cannot pay you as a hired hand anymore. You must choose to be here, with her, with me. I will reward your service with what I can and what a man who's sword is second to his word deserves, but the choice for you to be here must be your own and not that of the coin. I have hinted to this before but now that I plan to have words with Skaali I need to know from here on in that the man who is the outsider of another god follows me because he believes in the goal, not the payment."

Langredoc nodded thought for a flicker and then slowly asked "Why would I give you my friendship and loyalty ? Because unlike Lori your behave like I am on the same level as a sword, to be used until its broken. You where clearly prepared to sacrifice me any time. Men seem to be low on your importance list. So why would I help you? "

Langredoc smiled, "Remember that it is your goal, not mine so far. I am here to protect Lori, that was the deal. If I have to save the world for that... so be it. So when Lori is home and save... I am off and gone. So whye would I help you ? Why would I care about a woman who is proud that she kill's in the name of her Goddess, who's blood is colder then the ice that surrounds us. Tell me why I would care.... because for me my God is my guardian and my guide.... not my master. I have no master, and I shall never have one again. So tell me why I would die for you ?"

Langredoc's shining eyes tried to read Hex. Money was not important to him, it had never been. He had never been a real mercenary, but was mercenary but a name for someone who got paid. He had joined the little band because Hex seemed to have condemned Lori the slave girl to death, and Langredoc had then decided to prove her wrong by making sure that the girl would be free and alive.

Somehow this moment seemed to be a turning point. So the man waited for the answer the witch would give.

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Flicker...

Hex smiled at Langredoc.

"Yes, why would you give to me your friendship?"

Hex paused for a moment of pregnant silence.

"My father is or was a blacksmith. I would sit in the forge and watch him hammer fine weapons. He told me though that the finest weapon in the hands of a fool might as well be a twig for all the good it will do. You are not a sword and I would not sacrifice you. Your mind though is the sword. Is it not you who says, 'the warrior stands'. You say you have no master, and this is true, you don't.

You came here to this frozen hell to escape your past under the guise of a mercenary. You will never be a free man until you face your past, otherwise all decisions are made by others through their potential action. We are all guilty of such things. Trothgard is like and un-like any other place in the world I have been. Here we must be harsh. We must kill and our Queen demands penance. The people have suffered the effects of loosing the balance we once had. Much blood has been spilt, but that is our way. One must be hard like the land or be defeated by it.

You say my blood is colder than ice, for me, a compliment. To see clearly for the good of many I have had to sacrifice some of the tings that made me as I once was, but am no longer. You are wrong about the importance of men. I just find most of them arrogant. That is why we were out of balance, that is what Skaali has done for me. I have been sheltered from the potential of men and my experience outside of this frozen hell has not helped."

Hex paused and took a breath.

"I must help bring all the people together in this land. The women and the men. All of us serve a master, some of us are lucky enough to choose. I ask you to stand by me to help me see my goal turn from seed to tree. I need an outsider such as yourself and a man such as yourself to remind me that not everyone will snap into line because I wish it so. We are a proud and strong people, but in this time we emerge from the darkness to the storm. Help me Langredoc, because what I truly want to do is help her."

Her finger pointed at the still figure of Lori.

"I would like you to stay by my side as an advisor and perhaps one day, my friend, but I fear my time for friends has past. All I can truly offer you is my word, my thanks and my blade to watch your back."
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc watched Hexes eyes while she spoke, but his face except for the faint smile showed no emotion's.

He was watching the eyes because he knew while that a voice could lie, eyes normally could not.

He thought about the words "You will never be a free man until you face your past." and concluded that he should explain that.... or not. He wondered a bit about why he would tell, pride ? maybe... probably because Hex would consider it a error from his side, and he did not. The reason was not that important, he would just tell.

When Hex finished he just nodded. Then he said drylee "Just remember that ice does not bend, it shatters when it hits something harder. I would not like to see you shatter.... as for my past, I have not run away because of fear. The reason why I ran was that if I would stay I would have to kill my former master. Nothing less then that or my own death would wash away his shame. And even though he is a bastard who tried to kill me many times in various ways.. he still probably saved my life when he took me in as a child and squire on a whim. Although its the people around him who educated and loved me I still owe him a live. So I did run, I knew he would send assassins after me, but now I don't have his blood on my hands. So my past has been dealt with, until things change its the future I worry about. The past has nothing new that I worry about. Just staying alive has always been my main goal, it makes it easier to enjoy lives pleasures I guess....while being alive I mean."

A few flickers of silence followed "Yes, cold witch of the north.... I shall protect your back as well."
Last edited by Langredoc on Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Tor seemed amused by her reply.

"Ice Queen eh? I'll remember that."

He laughed, and broke into a wheezing cough as Langredoc and Hex conversed. Braagi, ever grim and silent freed the others with mighty blows into the ice.

The others came free from their prison, and Hex knew their names as quickly and as readily as she knew her own. The cloaked figure that had disappeared was Vigidis, the red haired woman stepping out now was Brynja. The mad looking one was Kjasmmyr, the one even more decrepit than Tor was Nkemdilim, and the last was a strong looking one called Emyr.

Hex could feel the strength and power coming off of them, like heat off of a bonfire.

Tor spoke again, he seemed the only one with a tongue.

"You have no challenges for that title among us child. Not one of us would ever stoop so low. If you wish to call yourself Empress of Ice, feel free, we won't stop you."

He snorted, a laugh full of derision and sarcasm. Braagi stared on, silent and brooding.

"Perhaps I need to see this Skaali. Show him true power, since it seems he's arrogant enough to call himself the Embol." The old man broke into another fit of coughing.

"And the Shaper too..." He craned his neck and it cracked and popped from disuse.

"Ah... Now then. Seven were immured. Seven are now free. The Kona has no wolves, nor spear. Nor even the decency to answer an old man's questions, heh! Braagi! When your blood melts the ice, be sure to get plenty on these ignorant fools. Their world should melt away first, as I mislike it, heh!"
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex turned to give her full attention to Tor and the the others.

"Ijskoningin, Ice Queen or what ever you called her ten thousand Yahren ago does not concern me now. I have far more pressing matters at hand. I have an decimated population, the white ones stir in the far North, a man who's ego knows no boundaries to the South, priests of the 'One' god have landed swearing extermination and yet, despite my immediate concerns I stand here and banter with you."

Hex took a step closer and stared hard at the man before her.

"So old beggar, North to face the impending doom, South to meet the one with the inflated ego or shall you and me make some tea and drone on like old women about the weather some more? Humm? You are free of the ice, now what do you plan to do?"

Hex was in no mood for games. She was well aware that these beings held more power than her but she cared not. She was riding the ice down river now and she was on for the full ride. She might as well get on with it.
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc disliked the term old beggar. Old man or something else would have been a better choice to him. Still it was Hex'es game of life so he kept his silence. Just abiding his time and waiting for the wind of change to turn into a storm.

The man just sized up all those ancient heroes... maybe not heroes to him but mighty warriors non the less. He quickly concluded that he wanted non of them to get a special interest in him, it would create more challenges where where enough of them already.

He would be more pleased if Hex would play a game of diplomacy in stead of a game of defiance... the question was how to tell the icy lady that without informing a crowd...

For a few flickers he went through all the options... and they all ended in Hex slapping him to keep her position as top female dog clear.

Langredoc sighed.. stayed silent and waited. He could always pinch her but on a other day, if he had a good excuse to do so. Entertainment was a good excuse, but Hex was not the entertaining type... at least not in that area.

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Tor arched an eyebrow.

"Ijskoningin? Is that what you think this is about? You have no idea what Sjovolkor will bring! You are sad Chronicler. You are very, very sad. One day you will look back at this one, and realize how good things were this day. One day you will look back at this and rue that you ever left the humble house of Bergliin."

Braagi looked her with his steel grey eyes and frowned. It wasn't disapproval, or being contrary, but rather he looked as if he truly felt sad at the circumstances. As if he knew something she could never understand.

"These are the good days Chronicler. Mark my words. Mark my words."
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex bared her teeth like a rabid wolf.

"Enough of these endless word games! Speak if you want to speak. Tell me of my tragedy, tell me how very wrong I am. At this point Sjovolkor will almost be a welcome for at least there the rules will be much more simple."

Hex paused a flicker

"Yes I believe that Ijskoningin has a hand in this, do you doubt it? Whom then do you think led me here to cut you from the ice?"

Hex wanted to throttle the man, and it showed.
~
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Braagi's reaction was astonishingly swift, surprising, and violent.

He cuffed Hex across the mouth, sending her sprawling across the floor. The taste of blood was coppery and prominent in her mouth. It felt as if a great white bear had taken a swipe at her such was his strength.

The ringing in her ears gave way to a sound she recognized.

Tor's laughter.

"It was me." He said in Ijskoningin's voice, both in her head, and out loud. The sing-song voice of the Ice Queen seemed alien coming from the old man's mouth.

"You think she lead you here?" His voice was his own again. Only... stronger, less cracked and broken as it had been before.

A thousand sprinkles and sparkles of light cloaked the old beggar, just like the one's they'd seen out in the frozen wastes of the Juund.

"You know nothing daughter of the Bergliin. The only one who lead you here was me. Through cracks in the ice. I whispered to you from afar. Playing you like a harpist plucks a string."

He cackled with laughter. The other watched in amused silence. One by one they began to wink away, leaving only the old beggar Tor, and the fearsome grim Braagi behind.

"What of it Chronicler? Yes... Sjovolkor terrifies me to no end, but there is one thing I'll enjoy about the Twilight and that's knowing long after I'm dead, you'll be haunted by this day. You'll wish you had stayed home and practiced your stitches rather than ever walk this Ruud!"

He laughed again, only this time it was less mocking, and more full of real and terrifying mirth.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc first impulse on seeing Hex being hit was slashing out at Braagi with his weapons. Still a hit at the mouth was not a killing blow so he turned the blade that would hit with the flat side but not cut the bastard.

He had considered of hitting the man with his own fists.... then decided that he would prefer a nice distance between him and those .... things.

Still he had promised Hex that he would be beside her.. so he did.

"Don't touch the ice bitch please... Ill have to kick your ass for that !!!" Langredoc said with a very sure smile at his face, much more sure then he actually felt.

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex stood up an for a moment wondered why she was not dead. That hit should have done a lot more damage than that. She shook her head and snapped her jaw.

"So congratulations, you tricked a young girl with your magic tricks. At least you brought me here and you seem to have a keen understanding of what is going on even if ten thousand Yahren have passed and you are still confused as to whom you are speaking with."

Hex shook her head.

"I do not regret following my instincts, even if they are wrong or lead me to do wrong. I do not fear Ruud nor battle and I do not fear you."

Hex once again walked to stand before Tor.

"So tell me, why did you want to be free?"
~
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Tor cackled in sarcastic glee, then he grew deadly serious.

"I know exactly what is upon us girl, and I know exactly whom I am speaking with. Take care that you do the same. Sjovolkor has arrived and all you know will melt away and be lost in the river of blood."

The old cripple regarded her carefully for a moment.

"Do even know what fate has befallen you? Do even know what the dying struggle is?

~~~

As if to emphasize that point, the flat of Langredoc's blade landed smartly and easily against the hulking Braagi. The man made no effort to dodge or evade and actually walked forward into the blow. With that same surprising speed, he grasped the warrior's throat and pulled the smaller Langredoc into the air with his mammoth strength. In the mere blink of an eye, the Dortman found himself gasping for air as the huge Braagi strangled him.

~~~

"Why did I want to be free? Why do you wish to enter battle against your enemies? Why do your eyes seek the privates of men, or you hunt for sport? It is your nature, and freedom is mine, or was. Very soon everyone you know will be dead. Very soon, the last battle will be fought. I will be granted the sweet eternity of oblivion, but you... you poor wretch are doomed to remember it all..."
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

The speed and strength of the man/things reaction surprised the young warrior even while he was very much aware of the danger.

The grip of the hand was crushingly around his neck while he felt the floor being ripped away from his feet. Strangely enough his thought was not of fear for death or shame for being surprised, it was sadness of probably being unable to tell a adhiel priestess that he had followed the road to freedom.. and that she had been right in so many ways.

Still Langredoc would not give up, a old strong man like that would be very experienced, still the young man would not die here. His fighting instincts took over, if your not strong enough nor fast enough... be a bastard... Its not the strong who lived.. it was those who would be resourceful.

He dropped his swords, it was what the man would expect.. he would also expect that he would grab for his neck to release the incredible strong hand. It had been a discarded option, either the man broke his neck or he lost conciousness but he never be strong enough to break the grip. So he slashed out for the eyes of the man, no man how strong he could be, had muscles on his eyes.... and he would take them out if needed to break the grip or die trying.. it was his only chance...

Life was never easy.. he forced a grin on his face. After all death is female, better smile when you meet her !!

His muscles explored, one hand to protect his neck by grabbing the arm, the other one slashed out towards the mans eyes.. pointed fingers first.

The warrior stands.... damned damned damned damned damned...........

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

"Release him Braagi unless you wish to meet oblivion sooner than later." She spoke to the great warrior but was looking at Tor as she said it.

"...I feel that such a thing would be unfortunate as I may be able to learn from you and learning can make for a stronger weapon than the strongest steel."

Hex, perhaps for the first time in her life, did not want to fight. She felt tired unlike anything she had felt before. So much had changed so fast. Her, the land, its people and for that matter, everything else. Kona Hex. Maybe, maybe not. For Hex there was more than one way to help a people, after all, she had despised the Kona and while she held some respect for the woman, she had held contempt much longer. What was the way of the people? Was it the will of the Queen? Was she to be the new high priestess? Was she the last? For that matter, who exactly were these beings in front of her and whom was the guardian of their prison?

"Do not pity me Tor for I walk my Ruud with my head up and my weapon in my hand and heart. Those I know and knew are already dead to me if not otherwise. Sjovolkor is what it is and I am what I am. let us talk and have some tea, my mouth dries with this endless banter and Langredoc's throat will welcome the warm fluid after being chocked by Braagi"

Hex wanted to make sure her new advisor was going to live beyond his first day in his new duty.
~
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

The cold fire in Braagi's eyes flicked over to Hex as she addressed him. Langredoc clawed at the man's eyes futilely, as his arms did not quite cover the distance between his fingertips and the long, powerful arm of Braagi put between them. The great white bear of a man was simply too large, and his reach too long. Langredoc's vision swam in red and began to blur. Braagi simply and brutally choked Langredoc, but his ruthless stare at Hex spoke the silent threat that he would much rather be strangling her.

Tor just cackled more.

"Pity? Who said anything about pity? The innocent deserve pity. The truly wretched deserve pity. The only thing you deserve is a good raping and to be discarded with the bones and other refuse of the world. How many times must I tell you Chronicler? You know nothing. That is why you are here. That is why I gave you the gifts I have. That is why you will hear the cry of the damned, and be unable to scream with them. That is why I have given you the power of ice. So you can remember the tale. So you can tell of the dying struggle, so you will weep in the darkness, and remember the valor of the true and the bold."

Braagi threw Langredoc aside, launching him halfway across the chamber, where he slid helplessly into the wall. His breath and life would only return to him in ragged gasps.

"Your mongrel whore of a goddess didn't bequeath this gift unto you. I did. Where is she? Haven't you asked yourself that question a thousand times a thousand times by now? Where is your mighty Queen, that she would allow one such as I to break and discard her mighty followers?"

Tor shuffled over to Lori to examine her more closely. His eyes were on the unconscious girl, but it was clear his words were for Hex.

"I'll tell you where she is. She hides. You want to know who I pity child. Its your Queen I pity. Your craven whore hides when at last she faces the final battle."

Tor chuckled, mocking and disgusted.

"When you see her next, it will not go well for her. Imagine little child. Imagine what it must be like to watch as the last one, the last one who belives in you to turn her back. It will be truly something to behold."

Braagi's stare was like cold fire.

"Take heed." Tor called after Hex once more. "The next time we meet, it will be on the eve of the downfall, and you will see things in a much different light."

As Tor disappeared, his mocking laughter echoed and faded away. Leaving only the hulking Braggi standing with them. His mute and silent fury emanating from him.

Return to “Trothgard Archive”